AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Car Talk (https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/)
-   -   Help please!! 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/help-please-2004-pontiac-grand-prix-gtp-950330/)

AsheZzLynn 10-08-2016 11:28 PM

Help please!! 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Last week, I was going 50 mph and my tire blew. In that process, I lost control and my front driver side tire took all the hit. When I hit the curb, it took out my rib. Huge chunk taken out and dug into my tire. I already replaced my control arm and ball joint assembly and outer tie rod end. Also, got new brake pads because mine were shot and a new tire. Now, my car has the most obnoxious sound like metal rubbing in metal. Also, has a very weird vibration to it. Brakes still don't work very well. I am terrified to drive it. But it is my only transportation. And I do not have money right now to take it to the dealership to have them inspect. Please help me. I do not know what is making that sound.

AZuser 10-09-2016 01:25 AM

:facepalm: Another one....

danina thomas?
Chrisg1199?

Chief F1 Fan 10-09-2016 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by AZuser (Post 15868131)
:facepalm: Another one....

danina thomas?
Chrisg1199?

Nope, just checked but I was thinking the same thing. Why oh why would a Pontiac owner come to an Acura forum for advice???

Chief F1 Fan 10-09-2016 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by AsheZzLynn (Post 15868111)
Last week, I was going 50 mph and my tire blew. In that process, I lost control and my front driver side tire took all the hit. When I hit the curb, it took out my rib. Huge chunk taken out and dug into my tire. I already replaced my control arm and ball joint assembly and outer tie rod end. Also, got new brake pads because mine were shot and a new tire. Now, my car has the most obnoxious sound like metal rubbing in metal. Also, has a very weird vibration to it. Brakes still don't work very well. I am terrified to drive it. But it is my only transportation. And I do not have money right now to take it to the dealership to have them inspect. Please help me. I do not know what is making that sound.

I'd like to say welcome to the Forum but would encourage you to look at a Pontiac forum to get appropriate answers as I'm sure it would be more productive for you. :thumbsup:

AZuser 10-09-2016 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Chief F1 Fan (Post 15868160)
Why oh why would a Pontiac owner come to an Acura forum for advice???

Maybe because

Originally Posted by Aman (Post 15868041)
It's Car Talk. This is the non-Acura side. :shrug:

??? :shrug:

YeuEmMaiMai 10-13-2016 04:55 AM

things to check

Sub-frame, typically when you curb a car, that takes a hit
Brake dust shield is not rubbing on anything, is it?
Vibration? check wheel balance on front tires and CV joints on that side