Got RAPED by a Cayenne Turbo...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 12:22 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vybzkartel
I said it once, and I'll say it again; I've been visiting this board for over a year.
I registered last year, under a different name. I forgot my password, since I
hardly posted. I

I figured my opinion would count; I guess it doesn't.

This will be my last post in this thread.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Are you the world's biggest pussy? Sack it up, be a man, and DON'T EVER APOLOGIZE FOR ANYTHING EVER AGAIN!!! I can just see this 35 year old loser at home (in his parents basement) apologizing to his Grandma (who he shares a room with) for not rubbing her bone spur on her foot the right way.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:35 PM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by bradb1us
Are you the world's biggest pussy? Sack it up, be a man, and DON'T EVER APOLOGIZE FOR ANYTHING EVER AGAIN!!! I can just see this 35 year old loser at home (in his parents basement) apologizing to his Grandma (who he shares a room with) for not rubbing her bone spur on her foot the right way.
Coming from m0rm0n country, this seems kinda funny...I think he was just trying to get along seeing as we are all bored to tears at work this week...Give him a break already!
Old 12-29-2004, 12:38 PM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
whats all this drama in an internet forum with a battle between 20 and mid30 year olds?? let's just stick to the topic of that guy that created this threat talking about how he got raped by a cayenne turbo. if you guys still want to argue, ask the mods to make you guys a debate forum.

this is a cars and bike forum. so let's talk about the cars.

i think porsche cayenne's look mad weird, but them turbo'ed ones are freakin quick. i would be too intimadated to even challenge a porsche in general. actually i want to try driving one of those, just get the feel of a car that puts out 450hp. daammmnnn
Old 12-29-2004, 12:58 PM
lover and fighter

Originally Posted by aaronnn
whats all this drama in an internet forum with a battle between 20 and mid30 year olds?? let's just stick to the topic of that guy that created this threat talking about how he got raped by a cayenne turbo. if you guys still want to argue, ask the mods to make you guys a debate forum.

this is a cars and bike forum. so let's talk about the cars.

i think porsche cayenne's look mad weird, but them turbo'ed ones are freakin quick. i would be too intimadated to even challenge a porsche in general. actually i want to try driving one of those, just get the feel of a car that puts out 450hp. daammmnnn
stfu
Old 12-29-2004, 01:51 PM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
i guess the immaturity level in this forum iis kinda low. especially among the older crowd.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:58 PM
lover and fighter

and at 19y/o I suppose you have a firm grasp on the maturitymeter.

'tard.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:22 PM
Racer

LMAO!!!

now knock it off before I club you like a couple of baby seals...

I had to work it in there somehow, hehehe.

anyway, yeah... this thread is beginning to remind me of a couple of monkeys trying to f**k a football

*has chilling mental image*
Old 12-29-2004, 03:29 PM
lover and fighter

Originally Posted by Yoda117
LMAO!!!

now knock it off before I club you like a couple of baby seals...

I had to work it in there somehow, hehehe.

anyway, yeah... this thread is beginning to remind me of a couple of monkeys trying to f**k a football

*has chilling mental image*
You get a free pass for being funny!
Old 12-29-2004, 06:05 PM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
WOW...... i find this amusing the day i live 2 see a thread lik this having a title 'raped by a porsche' and then turns into a debate about being a man??? i dont think my opinion is going 2 matter as me not being considered a 'man' but this is really getting immature.... go watch oprah or dr. phil..... somebody parents r saying "where did i go wrong!!!"
Old 12-30-2004, 01:01 AM
Gearhead

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
I seioursly don't get the speed issues with some of the folks here. It is not like 100 mph is fast. Would it seem faster if I said 160 kph? I have spent hours on the autobahn and never slowed down below 100 mph until I had to refuel. Speed is a relative thing. I've gone faster than 200 mph on roads. If you are in the proper setting and environment then it's not an issue as long as you don't put other people at risk. I don't see the harm if you are a deserted stretch of road and you pop up to a 100 mph.

I have seen minivans with full load of kids doing 120 mph on the autobahn in Germany and often or roads are in better condition than the autobahn. What made any particular speed a magic number not to be exceeded? Why don't we just arbitrarily say that 40 mph is THE number beyond which all travel is dangerous. Large speed differences between the slowest and fastest traffic tend to be the biggest issue not high maximum speeds.

Years ago (back when cars weren't near as refined as now and the federal speed limit was 55 mph in all states) a major US car manufacturer did a test. They obscured the speedo on the car and took many drivers out on their test route that was comprised of high speed roads and tracked the speed at which the drivers drove without being able to reference any clues regarding speed other than what the car gave off or the roads. After quite a few drivers they learned one thing, drivers tend to drive at what ever speed they felt comfortable and almost 90% of the drivers ended up driving pretty close to 80 mph +/- 3-5 mph. Even little old granny was booking along at 75+ mph in car that had current tech almost 30 years ago. Considering how much quiter cars are now I feel confident if that experiment was repeated the median speed might have creeped up a bit.

Speed limits on interstates are usually there for one reason only, revenue generation! They make a lot of money and quite easily buy giving out speeding tickets. It is like having the bank robber come to you from the police's perspective. I know this quite well as I once worked for the DPS (department of public safety [as in highway patrol, DVM, etc.]).

So by placing speed limits below what normal and prudent drivers would normally drive under average conditions you have made a huge group of people almost immediatly outlaws if they follow their normal tendencies. Does this sound like a reasonable thing to do? Of course not unless you want to collect a lot of money from them in ticket fines and you get to help your buddies out at the insurance companies collect more $$$ in insurance premiums for basically a victimless crime. It is not like a DWI or running a stop sign. I haven't seen yet where actually an accident was caused solely by high speed alone rather than being at most a contributing cause and sometimes not relevant to the accident at all.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:08 AM
lover and fighter

Here is yoor truest statement and the reason for true speed regulation:

"Large speed differences between the slowest and fastest traffic tend to be the biggest issue not high maximum speeds."

When driving at 120mph on a three lane highway while some slug truck is in the center lane going 45mph is doom. Some old lady in her Cadi is going to change lanes to in turn go 55mph and only glance to see a speck in her rearview mirror. Racing in traffic or driving very fast around slow traffic is simply stupid.

ps: Acuraluvr, your parents are rolling over wondering what happened to you in English class. I'm kinda wondering the same thing.
pss: No pass for you because you aren't funny.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:32 AM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
??? Well, im sorry. I guess slang isn't allowed in the internet anymore. I wasn't trying to be funny; i was determining the fact that this thread has turned, and i quote "immature."
Well, people here might now consider me a pussy, but I think that I'll stick in the 3rd 'gen' forum, seeing how a calm conversation can turn into a 'cat' fight outside of it.

PS: i agree with aaronn and whenever someone tries to get this thread back to its purpose, you tell them to STFU and call them a noob. Look in a mirror.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:03 AM
lover and fighter

Originally Posted by Acuraluvr
??? Well, im sorry. I guess slang isn't allowed in the internet anymore. I wasn't trying to be funny; i was determining the fact that this thread has turned, and i quote "immature."
Well, people here might now consider me a pussy, but I think that I'll stick in the 3rd 'gen' forum, seeing how a calm conversation can turn into a 'cat' fight outside of it.

PS: i agree with aaronn and whenever someone tries to get this thread back to its purpose, you tell them to STFU and call them a noob. Look in a mirror.
:wtf: ?

Dude, bro, c'mon. Slang and dialect are quite different than poor grammar and punctuation. And come to think of it, capitalization, sentence structure, etc., etc., etc. Look, read what you wrote (above) again. Does it really make sense? I don't consider you a pu$$y, I don't know you. What I am saying is that if you or anyone else critcizes someone for their post, you better be able to handle the backlash if it comes your way. That even applies in the 3rd gen forum, too. Got it?

ps: Did leave the old man merging onto the highway last night since he won;t drive that 'ute fast around a corner. Every stability program and feature known to man and he won't use it. Waste of a fine automobile...
Old 12-30-2004, 10:29 AM
Gearhead

Back to an on topic comment. The Cayenne Turbo is pretty damn fast in stock form. My local MB/Porsche/Audi got one in on trade and gave me a call to take a look at it as it was a pretty good deal (considering what a new one cost). Anyway I took it for a spin if I wanted something like this type of vehicle it'd be this or the V10 diesel Touareg but I already have a big SUV faster than a stock Cayenne Turbo.

OTOH and I've ridden in some modified ones in Germany and if I could see with cutting loose about 125k for one of them that'd be a sweet ride. Porsche is also offering a Tequipment upgrade which will bump up the HP by 50 (up to 500 total) and knock about .3 seconds off the 0-60 times without affecting the mileage. You can have your cake and eat it too. You get upgraded brakes too and a few othe things thrown in for about 20k extra over the normal price.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:34 AM
lover and fighter

Originally Posted by wavshrdr
Back to an on topic comment. The Cayenne Turbo is pretty damn fast in stock form. My local MB/Porsche/Audi got one in on trade and gave me a call to take a look at it as it was a pretty good deal (considering what a new one cost). Anyway I took it for a spin if I wanted something like this type of vehicle it'd be this or the V10 diesel Touareg but I already have a big SUV faster than a stock Cayenne Turbo.

OTOH and I've ridden in some modified ones in Germany and if I could see with cutting loose about 125k for one of them that'd be a sweet ride. Porsche is also offering a Tequipment upgrade which will bump up the HP by 50 (up to 500 total) and knock about .3 seconds off the 0-60 times without affecting the mileage. You can have your cake and eat it too. You get upgraded brakes too and a few othe things thrown in for about 20k extra over the normal price.
I think that is the kit pops got for the 911t...Some sort of intake/exhaust/computer/brake/radar dealio. The Cayenna is stock.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:08 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by wavshrdr
I seioursly don't get the speed issues with some of the folks here. It is not like 100 mph is fast. Would it seem faster if I said 160 kph? I have spent hours on the autobahn and never slowed down below 100 mph until I had to refuel. Speed is a relative thing. I've gone faster than 200 mph on roads. If you are in the proper setting and environment then it's not an issue as long as you don't put other people at risk. I don't see the harm if you are a deserted stretch of road and you pop up to a 100 mph.

I hate to jump OT again, now that we were getting on track with the subject matter, but I think that you are missing where some of these guys are coming from..

First off, I have no issues with doing 100 mph or better on the Autobahn. Depending on where you are, there are no speed limits... we all know that. The problem is that there are a LOT more cars on the roads in the US, and despite what some people think, most drivers develop tunnel vision when they begin to hit high speeds, especially if they are racing another person.

If it's a deserted road, then it's one thing... but too often it turns out not to be the case. I had a guy turn my sedan into an sub-compact on the highway playing that game. "he came out of nowhere" was his response (despite the fact that he hit me from behind at nearly 100 mph on the highway).

I am a real fan of racing... I do it all the time, on a track. I hate to get on the soap box and reopen this wound, but I have spent too much time in traffic jams caused by, and seen too many accidents resulting from people who think that the speed limits are nothing but a nice suggestion (apparently traffic lights are now being though of as just leftover Christmas ornaments, but that is the topic of another post).
Old 12-30-2004, 11:34 AM
Gearhead

Trying to stay on topic very fast cars such as the Cayenne Turbo could safely be driven on our US (or Canadian) roads if people followed the German driving principle of "fahren rechts" or "drive right". Did you know that if YOU get rear-ended on the autobahn YOU are the one that is going to get the ticket and not the guy who smacked you butt!

The Cayenne Turbo as well as almost all other high speed cars deserver more intelligent drivers behind the wheel. The autobahn can have INCREDIBLY dense traffic but almost everyone follows the principle of "drive right, pass left" and if you pass or overtake on the right you are going to get a ticket. Most states have laws like these on the books with respect to passing on the right but they are rarely enforced.

I am a big proponent of high speed roads but I'd like to see a more serious driving school system like Germany has combined with their inspection programs. No beater cars on the road spewing oil and parts everywhere.

Contrary to popular belief their are speed limits on many parts of the autobahn. If you see any sign saying 120 km/h or slower you better adhere to that limit. For example whenever you go past a service plaza you can bet the speed will drop to 120 km/h and God help if you if you fly through there at 140-150 km/h as you are going to get a big ticket in the mail and if you are 30 km/h over the limit you are going to lose your license for at least a month and pay a pretty big fine too.

On the other hand when you can enjoy the increasingly rare truly unrestricted areas with only an "advised speed limit of 130 km/h) then the autobahn can be a true pleasure to drive and most drivers (except foreigners) show model discipline on the roads. They flash to pass and drive right.

So keep the speed limits up as they are just arbitrary speeds choosen almost at random and train drivers better and get the crappy cars off the roads. Even with low speed limits there are still no excuses for people to drive in the far left lane blocking traffic while doing 56 in a 55 mph zone. Germans truly understand that to drive cars such as the Cayenne Turbo, AMG Benz and Ferrari F40 on their roads is a privelege and not a right! As a result they do what they need to do to keep that privelege and it is a very expensive one to maintain but Germans love their cars.

We too should protect our driving priveleges. For the most part speeding tickets are just revenue generation and that is about it. With the rare ticket of speed to fast for conditions they are generally just there to fund the state. I can see a ticket for doing excessive speeds under bad weather but writing someone a ticket for 80 mph in a 70 mph zone on a limited access highway (such as an interstate) is nothing more than an additional tax or way to generate revenue for the state, county or city government. However the moron that is running 70 mph through a school zone while there are kids present should be incarcerated for 6-12 months. Don't penalize speed per se' but penalize stupid drivers and get them off the roads!

I know that its no fun driving a car like the Cayenne Turbo or even my TL or AMG on roads where you have to be so attentive to speed limits that it just kills the joy of driving the car.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:39 AM
lover and fighter

This is why I try to drive between 10pm and 7am on a long trip. I tend to open the car up more (as do others) with lighter traffic as it is easier to keep a bead on them.