G35 coupe at state fair of texas ( its good and bad)

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 12:42 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 coupe at state fair of texas ( its good and bad)

They had a coupe at the texas state fair. I love this car and have been waiting to take a look at it. (If you live in TX and like the 35coupe you should go)I took some pics and got to sit in it. It looks great. I have always hated the interior, but when I sat in it, it wasn’t too bad. Not great, but not bad. I could get used to the 1970's steering wheel and the kind of cheap looking center console. it does look better in person, but Cl 's interior is much better. I was thinking this will be my next car. it was just awesome looking, 280hp (instead of 275 old est.) maybe about 1.5 in between the wheels and fender if that, and RWD, Then I shut the door. it sounded and felt like a tin can or something. granted they are frameless doors but I had Lexus es and they are also frameless and never sounded like this even after 6yr. it just sounded like crap. very cheap. oh well... i think i'll wait and see how these cars hold up. either way its a great looking car so here are the pics.

Oh and there is a pic of the UGLY M45 not any better in person.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ejrivero_...r=/Car&.view=t
Old 10-17-2002, 01:34 AM
Instructor

Nice pics, but the interior looks pretty cheap to me. Best interiors by far are by Audi, and the CL-S's is not bad either.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:55 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
my cousin got a 350Z, that door thing....i think it is because the windows are not completely up when you close the door. The lower down a bit when you open the door and then close completely after you close the door. Weird. They said it was to ensure a better seal. But, it sounds like shit.
Old 10-17-2002, 09:00 AM
Suzuka Master

Re: G35 coupe at state fair of texas ( its good and bad)

Originally posted by 360
They had a coupe at the texas state fair. I love this car and have been waiting to take a look at it. (If you live in TX and like the 35coupe you should go)I took some pics and got to sit in it. It looks great. I have always hated the interior, but when I sat in it, it wasn’t too bad. Not great, but not bad. I could get used to the 1970's steering wheel and the kind of cheap looking center console. it does look better in person, but Cl 's interior is much better. I was thinking this will be my next car. it was just awesome looking, 280hp (instead of 275 old est.) maybe about 1.5 in between the wheels and fender if that, and RWD, Then I shut the door. it sounded and felt like a tin can or something. granted they are frameless doors but I had Lexus es and they are also frameless and never sounded like this even after 6yr. it just sounded like crap. very cheap. oh well... i think i'll wait and see how these cars hold up. either way its a great looking car so here are the pics.

Oh and there is a pic of the UGLY M45 not any better in person.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ejrivero_...r=/Car&.view=t
were u at the OU game?

sidemarker
Old 10-17-2002, 09:08 AM
Not AtlCl98 or Atl-CL

Who cares what the door sounds like. I'm sure when you get to drive that car on some twisties and slam down on the throttle, you will not give a rat's ass about the way the door sounds or the way the interior looks.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

That door thing is like the BMW...I know the M3 has that. When you open the door, it lowers a little and when you close it, it goes all the way up. It's just a small movement.

I like the G35...my brother got the sedan a couple weeks ago. Looks nice in my taste. After sitting in it, the interior doesn't seem so cheap. It's actually not bad. It also has this seat thing when you get in the car and start the engine, seat moves up a bit...when you shut it off, it moves back a bit.
Old 10-17-2002, 02:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I saw that car at the fair too. It looks very good from most angles, but from certain views, like standing by the rear fender looking forward, the car look kinda stuby. The interior didn't bother me, and I had plenty of room in the front, I'm 6'2". The back was another story, i had good leg room actually, but NO head room. Unfortunately the trunk wouldn't open so i didn't get to see how that compared with the CL.
Old 10-17-2002, 02:58 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I went to the fair also... sat in the car... and thought to myself, "this is just like the difference between a TL & CL, one has 2 doors, and one doesn't."

Then I left...
Old 10-17-2002, 05:11 PM
I Feel Too Old Here

ok first, i sat in a new M45 and got to fiddle around with it, its LONG AS ALL HELL. and interior space is less than the 330i and G35 sedan, the trunk is also smaller than the G35 but the engine is a beast, 340hp advertised. the interior isnt bad either. the nav is kinda.....eh. and the front end looks alright in person IMO. its just somethin new and different. o yeah, and the sales people are dicks, we pulled up in my dad's 00 540i and the when we went to check out the car (we're not interested, i just wanted to check it out first hand) the salesman says, "o yeah this thing beats the hell out of the 540i". what a numb nuts.

but yeah cant wait to see the coupe in person soon. November right?
Old 10-17-2002, 05:38 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Loseit
They said it was to ensure a better seal. But, it sounds like shit.
Yes, it's to ensure a better seal for decreased noise at speed; however, if you look at the window when it's closed, it actually tucks under the roof line for that seal. If you were to close the door without the mechanism to lower it down prior to closing, then the window will be damaged as it hits the roof line .
Old 10-19-2002, 02:47 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Loseit
my cousin got a 350Z, that door thing....i think it is because the windows are not completely up when you close the door. The lower down a bit when you open the door and then close completely after you close the door. Weird. They said it was to ensure a better seal. But, it sounds like shit.
thats cool that the window does that bmw window up when you close the door. makes me like the car more.

Originally posted ATCL
Who cares what the door sounds like. I'm sure when you get to drive that car on some twisties and slam down on the throttle, you will not give a rat's ass about the way the door sounds or the way the interior looks.
Unfortunately it does matter be cause if it sound cheap and feel cheap then guess what, it usally is. down the road you've got your self a rattle trap W/ sagging doors causing improper seal with more wind noise than you would want from a $35,000 car ( just speaking from experience, Girl friends car andmy sis.)
I still like the car just not sure of the Quality. The old Z had a more solid feel to them.

Sidemarker:

I was down the week before. not at the TX OU game. did you go( not a good game )?
Hey is that your car in the voting for the body kit ( just with some photo shop.) are those your side mirror or photo shoped if they are where did you get them? they'er sweet.