G35 6spd mop up

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 12:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
[QUOTE=1fasttl]
Originally Posted by Dem1K
umm...isn't it VSA? (atleast it is in the CL-S)

btw, name your mods please[/QUOTE
aem cai, aem pulleys, obx headers, test pipe, greddy evo exhaust
how are your obx headers holding out? how long have you had them? did you get them off of ebaymotors.com?

also a TL-S can run with a g35 sedan. BUt with a G65c. You'll do better with a CL-S 6spd with I/H/E. probably hang with a G35c
Old 08-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

man i wish my TL was manual....................................
Old 08-26-2004, 03:11 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TL260power
how are your obx headers holding out? how long have you had them? did you get them off of ebaymotors.com?

also a TL-S can run with a g35 sedan. BUt with a G65c. You'll do better with a CL-S 6spd with I/H/E. probably hang with a G35c
Does that G65c have the same engine as the CL65 AMG? Don't think the CLS6 can hang with that without boost!

Liqice, I agree but just stating what I've observed. I would think they are the same but again plenty of modded CLS autos running 14.5 or better and not too many TLS with similar mods. Maybe we suxor at the launching (I know I do).

Hopefully I do better in October!
Old 08-26-2004, 03:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn, you second gen'rs are immature. See ya over in third gen one day.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dcarlinf1
Damn, you second gen'rs are immature. See ya over in third gen one day.
Oh please, if your so mature why did you take the time to respond to this thread. Not to put down the 3rd gen but your car is not that fast. I've taken down plenty of 04 TL's
Old 08-26-2004, 04:17 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have as well , the 3rd gens are not fast at all..And as far as 1fasttl 's claim's i have been in the car with him before and i have no doubt that his car can take a g35..For some reason his car is really fast , even compared to mine..We both have almost the same mods , ( except exhaust ) however his car will still beat mine by 1 - 1 1/2 cars almost everytime..And just to get the facts straight:

G35s:
Horsepower 260 @ 6,000 RPM

Torque 260 lb-ft @ 4,800 RPM

G35c:
Horsepower 280 @ 6,200 RPM

Torque 270 lb-ft @ 4,800 RPM

i can see how it would be very easy to gain more then 20hp with the mods that we both have , so the only advantage the g35c would have is weight and torque , both of which are very important , however if you have a driver that is not as confident in his driving , this could easily change things..Keep this in mind before you start doubting your cars ability , with the right mods , these cars have allot more potential then people think and that's the best part of owning one...

leeo
Old 08-27-2004, 12:19 PM
Banned

Name one other person that has beat a g35c 6spd off the line or on the freeway?
Old 08-27-2004, 07:06 PM
Pro

I owned a 03 TL-S and now i currently have a 6MT g35 coupe. Sorry to say, but a TL-S cannot beat a g35...even if the g is auto. I'm not trying to flame or anything, but its just true.... I'm sure a TL-S wont be left in the dust, but i doubt it can win. Before i sold my car, i had the opportunity to race a few G35 sedans and i could never win. Not even close.

Well, this is how i compare the TL-S. My brother has a 6mt CL-S and he beat me in my TL-S by a few of cars. Each time, he would always win by a few cars, but whenever i race him in my G35 coupe, i beat him by 5 or more cars. My friend has a g sedan auto and he is pretty even with my brothers car.

Its either that G driver cant drive for sh1t or you are just bSing. Also the fact that you say you beat him at launch....that sounds kinda fishy. The TL-S is fast, but not faster than a G. Maybe if its boosted.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 03TL-S
I owned a 03 TL-S and now i currently have a 6MT g35 coupe. Sorry to say, but a TL-S cannot beat a g35...even if the g is auto. I'm not trying to flame or anything, but its just true.... I'm sure a TL-S wont be left in the dust, but i doubt it can win. Before i sold my car, i had the opportunity to race a few G35 sedans and i could never win. Not even close.

Well, this is how i compare the TL-S. My brother has a 6mt CL-S and he beat me in my TL-S by a few of cars. Each time, he would always win by a few cars, but whenever i race him in my G35 coupe, i beat him by 5 or more cars. My friend has a g sedan auto and he is pretty even with my brothers car.

Its either that G driver cant drive for sh1t or you are just bSing. Also the fact that you say you beat him at launch....that sounds kinda fishy. The TL-S is fast, but not faster than a G. Maybe if its boosted.
You know what, i'am tired of people saying that the TL-S isn't that fast and saying this and that. Maybe half of you idiots in this thread that are talking shit or have something negative to say cant drive for shit. I know my car is fast for what it is and what i have in it. Maybe your car didn't have all the mods as mine did or for some reason i just have a gifted car. BTW, if you now have a Nissan now what the hell are you still doing on the site. I call people like you traders.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:26 PM
Advanced

03 , did you have any mods to your car ?? I think most of you are forgetting the point here , we are not saying that a stock tls can beat a g35 , we are talking about a modded tls against a stock g35..I have yet to race one myself , but i have raced a 350z and i have test drove the g35..Im not saying that they are not fast , but you also have to factor driver , and the fact that your going up against a modded TLS..I mean the only thing 1fst doesn't have is the charger..

leeo
Old 08-28-2004, 12:23 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by leeo
03 , did you have any mods to your car ?? I think most of you are forgetting the point here , we are not saying that a stock tls can beat a g35 , we are talking about a modded tls against a stock g35..I have yet to race one myself , but i have raced a 350z and i have test drove the g35..Im not saying that they are not fast , but you also have to factor driver , and the fact that your going up against a modded TLS..I mean the only thing 1fst doesn't have is the charger..

leeo
I had an aem cai and comptech headers
Old 08-28-2004, 12:38 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by 1fasttl
You know what, i'am tired of people saying that the TL-S isn't that fast and saying this and that. Maybe half of you idiots in this thread that are talking shit or have something negative to say cant drive for shit. I know my car is fast for what it is and what i have in it. Maybe your car didn't have all the mods as mine did or for some reason i just have a gifted car. BTW, if you now have a Nissan now what the hell are you still doing on the site. I call people like you traders.
i never said TL-S's were slow "The TL-S is fast, but not faster than a G." The car is in fact fast for what it is. No disagreement there. You know what...i used to be just like you thinking my car was almighty fast and blah blah until i got my ass handed to me. I dont think my car is the fastest thing in the world. Hell, theres tons of things that can beat me. I honestly just think a TL can't based on my experiences.

I'm on this site cuz i did have a TL-S, and my family was a honda/acura family until my transmission died on me at 500 or so miles. And what is this whole being a traitor issue. Being brand loyal is stupid. Your reminding me of that one guy thats in love with lexus's
Old 08-28-2004, 12:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
I wonder??

You're reminding me of that one guy thats in love with lexus's

Who might that be???

XP
Old 08-28-2004, 01:02 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Xpditor
Who might that be???

XP
LOL xpditor...i just didnt want to say the name Who knows what that would lead to
Old 08-28-2004, 08:16 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts

There's a multitude of reasons for your particlar TL-S being slower here. One thing is that 1fasttl has more mods than you. Another thing is its possible that your actuator was broken when you were trying to race. A broken actuator will rob you of about 20hp or so.

The only reason I'm saying your car might have been broken is because I've raced G35 Auto Sedans before with just an icebox as my only "performance" mod, and I took the guy by about 1-1.5 car lengths easily.

With all of my current mods, I was running about 15.0-15.2 with a broken actuator ... I should be running at least 14.5s though.

Your assumption that a TL-S cannot ever beat a G is a false statement unless we're talking about the exact same driver in the exact same situation with no modifications to the TL-S at all.

All I'm trying to say is that with cars that are closely matched in power like the TL-S and G35 Sedan or G35 Coupe that there's a chance for the car with less power to still win, whether it be to driver error, tire spin ... whatever. Its still possible. We're not talking about a 130hp Civic versus a 280hp G35c ... we're talking about 20 hp which you could easily make up for. And don't forget you're talking about peak figures. I'm not all too familiar with the G35's power band, but its possible the TL-S makes much closer power to the G35c when its modded to the G35's stock power band.

Don't forget car figures like horsepower ratings are estimates. They're not facts. If they were just facts then there'd be no point in racing a car with similar power ... There are hundreds if not thousands of factors that go into how your car behaves during a race. From temperature and humidity to ECU "learning" to how clogged your air filter is ... I could go on and on. Numbers and one person's experience don't make anything fact for every TL-S and every G35c in the world.

You guys that are saying that its impossible ... I'm just glad you're not running the world, cuz if you were, we'd still be stuck in the dark ages riding horses, cuz it'd probably be impossible to create a gas motor ... and lets not even get started on flying
Old 08-28-2004, 11:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Free Horsepower??

Originally Posted by LiQiCE
There's a multitude of reasons for your particlar TL-S being slower here....
Man, you've got that right.

It is interesting to me that people will spend a ton of money to get a few horsepower more when there is a free way to get better performance. That's right: free!

My '04 TL weighs about 3400 pounds and has 270 HP. That calculates to a little more than 12 pounds/horsepower. Let's look at the math.

For every 120 pounds I can lose, it is like gaining 10 horsepower. Same net result. How can I do that? Follow this:

A full gas tank (17+ gals) weighs 102 pounds. A tank with one gallon in it weighs 6 pounds. A heavy driver might weigh 300 pounds. A little driver or female might weigh only 110 pounds.

Spare tire and jack weigh about 50 pounds. Junk in the trunk???? Whatever...

You see where I am going with this? I just pointed our a potential weight savings of over 300 pounds which translates to a horsepower gain (equivalent) of 25! This potentially overcomes the HP advantage a car like the G35 Coupe has (280).

Then, you can address rolling resistance losses by increasing the air pressure in the tires. You will have to be skillful in launching as the decreased tire patch will allow more wheel spin with the VSA off (it should be anyway). But the decrease in friction/resistance at high speed can equate to 5-10 HP.

So two identical cars on the face of it, can have significant variances in performance and we haven't even modded anything. Add-ons have shown modest increase with CAI, freer exhausts, headers. Perhaps 10-15 HP without charging.

Add it all up and two apparently identicals TL-S's could be world's apart on performance.

And we haven't even talked about tricks and techniques for straight line racing which also come into play. Remember... all these cars we talk about, including the hallowed Corvette, are within fractions of a second (mostly) of a good running TL-S or '04 TL. A stock C5 Corvette, for example, gets about 4.9 sec 0-60. A good 6MT TL: about 5.6. That's not much difference to start with.

If you catch a 'Vette in the wrong gear or you get a good hole shot on him, he will have trouble making it up before 100.

Food for thought.

XP
Old 08-28-2004, 02:45 PM
Pro

There's a multitude of reasons for your particlar TL-S being slower here. One thing is that 1fasttl has more mods than you. Another thing is its possible that your actuator was broken when you were trying to race. A broken actuator will rob you of about 20hp or so.

The only reason I'm saying your car might have been broken is because I've raced G35 Auto Sedans before with just an icebox as my only "performance" mod, and I took the guy by about 1-1.5 car lengths easily.

With all of my current mods, I was running about 15.0-15.2 with a broken actuator ... I should be running at least 14.5s though.

Your assumption that a TL-S cannot ever beat a G is a false statement unless we're talking about the exact same driver in the exact same situation with no modifications to the TL-S at all.

All I'm trying to say is that with cars that are closely matched in power like the TL-S and G35 Sedan or G35 Coupe that there's a chance for the car with less power to still win, whether it be to driver error, tire spin ... whatever. Its still possible. We're not talking about a 130hp Civic versus a 280hp G35c ... we're talking about 20 hp which you could easily make up for. And don't forget you're talking about peak figures. I'm not all too familiar with the G35's power band, but its possible the TL-S makes much closer power to the G35c when its modded to the G35's stock power band.

Don't forget car figures like horsepower ratings are estimates. They're not facts. If they were just facts then there'd be no point in racing a car with similar power ... There are hundreds if not thousands of factors that go into how your car behaves during a race. From temperature and humidity to ECU "learning" to how clogged your air filter is ... I could go on and on. Numbers and one person's experience don't make anything fact for every TL-S and every G35c in the world.

You guys that are saying that its impossible ... I'm just glad you're not running the world, cuz if you were, we'd still be stuck in the dark ages riding horses, cuz it'd probably be impossible to create a gas motor ... and lets not even get started on flying
Okay, well maybe i took it too far to say the word never. I'm sure they can win if the factors are right. Like who gets the better launch , etc ,etc.

On a few occasions, i raced a few TL-S's with my TL-S and i always won. Even a guy i raced with a cai, headers and exhaust. So i dont think my car was slow. As far as i know, there was nothing wrong with my car. I even had acura check the whole car before i sold it. Maybe all the G's i raced were all really good drivers that knew how to launch really well

Also, what performance mods could that guy possibly have. With TL-S's the only performace parts are intake, headers, pulleys, exhaust, supercharger as far as i remember. I go on the A-CL forums often and they have a hard time beating G's. Though some with 6mt's have beaten them. My brother can beat g35 sedan autos.
Old 08-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Pro

Man, you've got that right.

It is interesting to me that people will spend a ton of money to get a few horsepower more when there is a free way to get better performance. That's right: free!

My '04 TL weighs about 3400 pounds and has 270 HP. That calculates to a little more than 12 pounds/horsepower. Let's look at the math.

For every 120 pounds I can lose, it is like gaining 10 horsepower. Same net result. How can I do that? Follow this:

A full gas tank (17+ gals) weighs 102 pounds. A tank with one gallon in it weighs 6 pounds. A heavy driver might weigh 300 pounds. A little driver or female might weigh only 110 pounds.

Spare tire and jack weigh about 50 pounds. Junk in the trunk???? Whatever...

You see where I am going with this? I just pointed our a potential weight savings of over 300 pounds which translates to a horsepower gain (equivalent) of 25! This potentially overcomes the HP advantage a car like the G35 Coupe has (280).

Then, you can address rolling resistance losses by increasing the air pressure in the tires. You will have to be skillful in launching as the decreased tire patch will allow more wheel spin with the VSA off (it should be anyway). But the decrease in friction/resistance at high speed can equate to 5-10 HP.

So two identical cars on the face of it, can have significant variances in performance and we haven't even modded anything. Add-ons have shown modest increase with CAI, freer exhausts, headers. Perhaps 10-15 HP without charging.

Add it all up and two apparently identicals TL-S's could be world's apart on performance.

And we haven't even talked about tricks and techniques for straight line racing which also come into play. Remember... all these cars we talk about, including the hallowed Corvette, are within fractions of a second (mostly) of a good running TL-S or '04 TL. A stock C5 Corvette, for example, gets about 4.9 sec 0-60. A good 6MT TL: about 5.6. That's not much difference to start with.

If you catch a 'Vette in the wrong gear or you get a good hole shot on him, he will have trouble making it up before 100.

Food for thought.

XP
I get what your saying. In two runs when i was with my friend, i ran a 03 6mt M3. Weird thing is that we were dead even at both times. He could not even pull on me. The even funnier thing is that my friend new the M3 guy since my friend owns a shop and the M3 guy buys his stuff from him. The m3 guy thought my car was boosted or something cuz a g35 with a cai was dead even with him. So that would be a 4.7-4.8 sec car against a 5.5 sec car
Old 08-29-2004, 12:17 AM
Three Wheelin'

I get what your saying. In two runs when i was with my friend, i ran a 03 6mt M3. Weird thing is that we were dead even at both times. He could not even pull on me. The even funnier thing is that my friend new the M3 guy since my friend owns a shop and the M3 guy buys his stuff from him. The m3 guy thought my car was boosted or something cuz a g35 with a cai was dead even with him. So that would be a 4.7-4.8 sec car against a 5.5 sec car

Funny thing, i saw a G35c racing a BMW 3 series today. I know the G35c can beat all the 3 series except M3 but when i saw that pass by me fast, i saw the BMW ahead or so and the G35 about a car behind. DOnt know if they were racing and plus traffic was up ahead so maybe the G35 slowed down or..
Old 08-29-2004, 01:57 AM
Banned

beat a g35 huh.........believable. was partying w/some friends at the club. on the way home my friend couldnt shake me with his 95 vette. was on his ass like glue. i own an 02 tl w/AEM V2 cold air intake. think he has auto, not sure. nevertheless he gave respect to my ride. sat in it to look at the navi. i look at my ride w/a little more pride now.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:02 AM
Banned

oh yeah i also have rims and performance tire.........good traction
Old 08-30-2004, 08:40 AM
Banned

All i'am saying is that anything is possible with a good driver. Not to be cocky but i think i'am a hell of a good driver. I also drive a 11sec all motor civic that i built myself.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:43 PM
Racer

All i'am saying is that anything is possible with a good driver. Not to be cocky but i think i'am a hell of a good driver. I also drive a 11sec all motor civic that i built myself.
WERD!
Old 08-30-2004, 11:03 PM
Cruisin'

A kill is a kill. Good job.

BK
'03 TLS
Old 08-31-2004, 06:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Apples and apples

Originally Posted by Mongolian
um... i was in a G35c 6mt and that shit is fast... much faster than my type S... I don't think the guy was trying.... or something's fishy...
I was researching some previous tests in Car & Driver and re-read some tests they had done one the '04 TL in comparison with other cars including the G35.

In every case, the TL was faster than the G35 0-60. In one case, the G35 was .2 seconds quicker in the quarter mile.

In strainght line performance, according to C&D, the two cars are very close but the TL wins more often than not.

In the skid pad, they got .90g for both the TL (A-Spec) and for the G35. The base TL: .89g.

XP
Old 08-31-2004, 07:11 AM
Racer

I just have to say in reply to the original post...Good win....well kind of cuz it sounds like you just beat someone who didn't know how to drive their car. I'm not a racer typically, but I do know that the G35's both sedan and coupe stock vs stock would beat ofcourse a TL-p and TL-s. And minor modding may not even be enough to beat these cars unless there is some circumstance such as a lame driver which I see in this story.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:09 AM
Liquid Ice

Originally Posted by SONNYS99TL
I just have to say in reply to the original post...Good win....well kind of cuz it sounds like you just beat someone who didn't know how to drive their car. I'm not a racer typically, but I do know that the G35's both sedan and coupe stock vs stock would beat ofcourse a TL-p and TL-s. And minor modding may not even be enough to beat these cars unless there is some circumstance such as a lame driver which I see in this story.
Yeah did you hear about the stock G35 that beat a McLaren F1? ...

Again, you sound like someone who thinks the G35 has unlimited horsepower or 100+hp over the TL-S stock.

I know I said previously that the numbers don't mean shit ... and they don't on the road. But lets review the horsepower ratings and the 1/4 mile times just to show how close the cars are in times:

'02-03 3.2 TL Type S: 260hp @ 6100 rpms; 232 ft-lbs. @ 3500-5500 rpms; 3558 lbs.
'03 G35 Sedan: 260 hp @ 6000 rpms; 260 ft-lbs. @ 4800 rpms; 3398 lbs.
'03 G35 Coupe: 280 hp @ 6000 rpms; 270 ft-lbs. @ 4800 rpms; 3435 lbs.

Times:
'02 3.2 TL Type S (auto): 0-60 - 6.2 secs; 1/4 mile - 14.8 secs @ 96mph (R&T - July 2001)
'03 G35 Sedan (auto): 0-60 - 6.2 secs; 1/4 mile - 14.7 secs @ 95mph (R&T - July 2002)
'03 G35 Sedan (auto): 0-60 - 6.2 secs; 1/4 mile - 14.9 secs @ 96mph (C&D - May 2002)
'03 G35 Coupe (6spd): 0-60 - 5.5 secs; 1/4 mile - 14.2 secs @ 100mph (C&D - April 2003)

Now, quoting numbers doesn't mean crap in a race. I agree. But it does give you an impression of roughly how fast a car should be ... Now looking at the G35 Sedan, I really don't think you can keep telling me that a G35 Sedan auto will beat a TL-S. The magazine numbers are so close that it really comes down to a driver's race.

Now staying with this ... The G35 coupe (6spd) is obviously a lot faster than the G35 Sedan (auto) and the TL-S (auto). I've never argued that the G35 Coupe 6spd shouldn't beat a TL-S (auto) stock versus stock. However, if you compare a modded TL-S to a G35 Coupe 6spd, then the times are more comparable. 1/4 mile times of 14.2 in an Automatic CL-S with I/H/E and tires are possible and I would imagine similar times should be possible in a TL-S.

I just don't understand why there's this perception that the G35 is such a fast car like a Ferrari or something. People seem to think the G35s are so much faster than our cars that there's no way to beat one. But in truth, the cars are not that much different in terms of performance.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:46 AM
Senior Moderator

A mind is a terrible thing to get stuck

I just don't understand why there's this perception that the G35 is such a fast car like a Ferrari or something. People seem to think the G35s are so much faster than our cars that there's no way to beat one. But in truth, the cars are not that much different in terms of performance.
:killer:
It's called pre-conceived notions and prejudice against FWD. In fact, FWD helps because of extra weight on the drive wheels.

XP
Old 08-31-2004, 04:09 PM
Ackniculous One

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I got my ass kicked by a G35 the other day..oh, wait. I almost forgot....sorry. I was in my 92 Accord commuter car that time going uphill. My bad.

I got a G35 a month ago or so in my TL-s.

Again, the TL-s is quite the sleeper car. Many of folk got their feeling hurt messin with the "ACK", the look on their faces is priceless as I peep them in my mirror....I'm CJITTY James BEAATCH!
Old 08-31-2004, 04:49 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

:killer:
It's called pre-conceived notions and prejudice against FWD. In fact, FWD helps because of extra weight on the drive wheels.

XP
If the cars are accelerating, RWD has more traction because the weight shifts from the front to the back. FWD does have less drivetrain loss than RWD for manuals (automatics, I would say the opposite due to design discrepancies between transaxles vs. transmissions) but the designs these days are very comparable (within 1~2%).

Both sedans are very comparable with the coupe being a tad faster (less weight, more horsepower). The G35s are perceived to be more sporty than TLs due to better driving dynamics for sport driving. At least that is what the critics say
Old 08-31-2004, 05:00 PM
Intermediate

I just ran a 14.2 on stock tires.... bone stock, potenzas not the junk EL-42's. Oh wait wrong thread.. I have an 04 TL6spd.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:27 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice kill.

Get the S/C and there won't be anymore speculation.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by E!ntertainment
I just ran a 14.2 on stock tires.... bone stock, potenzas not the junk EL-42's. Oh wait wrong thread.. I have an 04 TL6spd.
Wow 14.2. Thats not good. If i run 14.8 in my TL-S in this high as altitude here in california, I'am sure i will mop you up also. Oh yeah just got off the freeway and raced a G35 4dr. And once again mopped his ass up also. Thanks for all the props guys
Old 09-01-2004, 01:26 PM
Got a Job!

^---who the fuck are you kidding? A 14.2 stock on a 04TL 6spd is pretty damn good.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dem1K
^---who the fuck are you kidding? A 14.2 stock on a 04TL 6spd is pretty damn good.
Hey jackass!! Look were he lives. If that the case my car should run high 13's right. Dumb ass read before you open your mouth!!!!
Old 09-01-2004, 01:33 PM
Liquid Ice

Hey jackass!! Look were he lives. If that the case my car should run high 13's right. Dumb ass read before you open your mouth!!!!
Its not just altitude that you've gotta consider ... its temperature and humidity too. Down in Florida its hot and humid most of the time! So even if he's at sea level, it could be @ 100 with 100% humidity ...

How well do you think any NA car will run given those circumstances?
Old 09-01-2004, 01:36 PM
Banned

Of course that is true. But you have to remember like you said sea level is good as hell but yes the humidty is a factor but if my car was 6spd and if i was at sea level with my mods i'am sure i would turn some really good numbers also. I see it all the time with you guys back east or down south turn some good ass numbers and i''am like damn that's pretty good.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Alright, people. This calls for a time out.

Try to refrain from name calling. It adds nothing to the discussion.

XP
Old 09-01-2004, 08:35 PM
Intermediate

well i still dont think 14.2 is bad for bone stock, and are you bi-polar?
Old 09-01-2004, 09:08 PM
Liquid Ice

Originally Posted by E!ntertainment
well i still dont think 14.2 is bad for bone stock, and are you bi-polar?
14.2 is pretty good stock for an '04 TL 6spd. Same 1/4 mile time as a G35 6-spd coupe runs with 10 more horsepower (according to the magazines).

I know a lot of people were running 14.5s stock with the '04 TL 6spd, so 14.2 is good ... depends on track conditions of course too. Dunno if it was run at a "fast" track or not.. as we already said before altitude and weather will effect times, but track prep can make a difference too.

Quick Reply: G35 6spd mop up