Flying Tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 05:37 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,998 Likes on 2,659 Posts
Angry Flying Tires

So, I'm the 5N just minding my business. Suddenly, out of nowhere WHAM I see a giant tire hit my entire windshield and disappear.

Well, it shocked the ever loving shit out of me, and now I see my driver side windshield wiper is all cockeyeed and crooked and halfway up on my windshield...wonderful.

I see the Explorer in front of me. I pull up next to her, and thankfully her windows were open so I'm screaming PULL OVER. She finally does, pissed, and calls the cops. I say look I didn't mean to scare you, but you shot a tire at my windshield. And I would to know if there is a liablity (I didn't think there would be, but never hurts to ask.)

She is Aussie and she is like well th etire hit me, too. The in front of her shot it up first I guess. So, we look.....no damage...just some rubber scuff marks on the black plastic UNDER her bumper...BIG DEAL.

Cop comes, no one is at fault. Cop was actually very cool and very nice. I said thank you to him, and to the lady, who still wasn't happy I made her pull over, tough shit.

So, just yet another LA battle scar on the CL...The tires marks all over my hood and windshield will wash over with some love, luckily no dents in the hood. And the wiper will have to repaired on my own dime...fun.

I don't know why I keep entertaining the idea of getting a new/newer car in LA. Especially, when this kind of shit keeps happening over and over again.

I am seriously thinking about looking for an older beater 5spd Pathfinder (like 90-95) and painting it matteblack no clearcoat....then if it gets whacked...just paint it matte black again. simple.

sigh. end rant.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That's pretty unlucky of you. What else has happend?
Old 09-28-2005, 05:52 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by jlukja
That's pretty unlucky of you. What else has happend?
within 3 months of buying the car some asshat in a prelude rear ended me on the 110E and took off. I was about to chase but saw bike cops and flagged them down...but he was gone by then.

Was dumb and scraped my front bumper in my garage....so I got my front and rear bumper redone......

less then a month after that...some other asshat in a parking lot tagged the corner of my rear bumper (while i wasnt there.) And then again in the same spot months later in a lot where I used to go for physical therapy.

What else....oh one night on the 110E Some truck had dumped drywall all over the highway right at the merge from the 10E so there was no avoided flying chunks of shit scrapping up my hood.

Some other odds and ends. Shit like the drywall was able to get polished out...but if you look at the hood at the right angle in the sun you can see some the lines it left in the clearcoat.

I just have bad luck with cars. The two I had prior to that were totalled within a year of eachother (neither my fault - 1 was a deer, the other was an off duty ambulance who was speeding and not paying attention)
Old 09-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha it was a 90-95 pathfinder that backed up into me and caused a dent in my hood with the sparetire on the back
Old 09-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
dude that sucks
Old 09-28-2005, 07:37 PM
That was uncalled for...

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts
I say buy that Pathfinder.....thats a nice truck too....any pics of your car now?....and I dont get it, was it just the rubber that hit your windsheild? or was the rubber on a rim?...I dont think it was on a rim or else the damage would have been multiplied.....
Old 09-28-2005, 10:38 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by S A CHO
I say buy that Pathfinder.....thats a nice truck too....any pics of your car now?....and I dont get it, was it just the rubber that hit your windsheild? or was the rubber on a rim?...I dont think it was on a rim or else the damage would have been multiplied.....
Just rubber. If it had been on a rimI wouldnt be here talking to you now.
I'm actually surprised the tire didnt crack my windshield at all. It was a huge chunk...it cover my whole windshield when it smacked...maybe it boucing off my hood first took some of the gusto out of the impact.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:40 PM
The Third Ball

Oh and, and at some point I may post pics of my car.When its washed it actually still looks really clean minus the blemish on the corner of the rear bumper.

But if I do get a pathfinder or something like it, then I want something I can just beat the shit out of and not care.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:48 PM
Banned

you can REALLY beat the shit out of those old pathfinders. my friend had one back in high school, we called it "the tank". on drunken nights we would drive on the sidewalk mowing down trash cans, small trees and bushes, just destroying everything in its path. they dont call it a pathfinder for nothing ahha
Old 09-29-2005, 09:12 AM
Yes it is!

Originally Posted by The Sarlacc
Just rubber. If it had been on a rimI wouldnt be here talking to you now.
I'm actually surprised the tire didnt crack my windshield at all. It was a huge chunk...it cover my whole windshield when it smacked...maybe it boucing off my hood first took some of the gusto out of the impact.
Yeah really, when you said a tire hit your windshield I was amazed it didn't smash right though. Be thankful you're safe!

I feel for you with all the crap happening to your car. I got a few small dings, but I have a ton of chorline stains on the front and rear of my car from my stupid apartment complex's sprinkler system hosing everything but the grass. Also just a few months ago, I was working a contract job at an office that was next to a housing unit where people just decided to get drunk and throw bottles. Of course one smacks my car on the roof, between the windshield and sunroof. They had to take my windshield out to fix the dent, and when they were putting it back in they break the windshield! They ordered me a new one, but now it's not OEM

I try so hard to keep it clean and nice, putting a lot of hard effort and money into it, so it just makes me so angry when people with shit heaps that don't care or respect your automobile just smack it up.

I can't wait to get a place with a garage. I'm going to get the TL completely refinished, and then just park it in there for weekends, and then get some Civic beater to commute with.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
My good luck with cars:

Got my '05 G35x in Jan '05. After one day of ownership, I find out that there are dings and scratches on the roof. When the car was on the transporter being shipped, someone must have dropped a chain on the roof. Dealer fixed it for me.

July 4th: some shmuck in the lane next to me thinks he can make a left turn from the right lane, and he things I'm going to be making a left turn so he turns right into me. Both passenger's side doors have dents and scratches on it.

1 week later: I go to Canada, come back to my car after visiting Niagara Falls to find 2 dings on the passenger's side front fender, probably from some family that slammed their car door into it.The hot and sticky soda that was splashed on the entire side of my car was the icing on the cake.

August: I see a real nasty ding on the c-pillar of my car. A car door could definately not have done it, it's way too high to have been a car. I think someone threw a rock at my car. The chip is deep enough that there's already some surface rust in the ding

2 weeks ago: I was driving home on the BQE in Brooklyn late on saturday night, I hear this loud noise, all of a sudden I see in front of me what appears to be the mat that you would put on the floor behind your desk so you can roll easily on carpet. The car in front of me must have whipped it up in the air, because I was driving right into it. I swerved as quickly (without hitting cars around me) as I can, but it still hit me, but this time on the driver's side front fender. I didn't think anything of it, considering it's only plastic, right? WRONG. The next morning I rub it out only to find about 8 scratches, all in perfect alignment, like someone clawed the fender of my car. So I have an 8 month old car that needs the entire passenger's side painted, and now the driver's side fron fender.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:29 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
^ Dayum.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:49 PM
The Third Ball

Sigh,

I feel you. It's just not worth trying to own a new or nice car in metropolitan areas.
As much as I love speed and handling and sports...

I just need to suck it up and so the starving artist thing and get the used beat pathfunder (even though I hate SUVs) cause I need to be able to haul gear and the like. And then, maybe in a couple years I can get a little roadster as a weekend vehicle, or finally afford the kind of wagon i want...cept that goes back to trying to own a nice car in LA.....dillemas

Originally Posted by Shoofin
My good luck with cars:

Got my '05 G35x in Jan '05. After one day of ownership, I find out that there are dings and scratches on the roof. When the car was on the transporter being shipped, someone must have dropped a chain on the roof. Dealer fixed it for me.

July 4th: some shmuck in the lane next to me thinks he can make a left turn from the right lane, and he things I'm going to be making a left turn so he turns right into me. Both passenger's side doors have dents and scratches on it.

1 week later: I go to Canada, come back to my car after visiting Niagara Falls to find 2 dings on the passenger's side front fender, probably from some family that slammed their car door into it.The hot and sticky soda that was splashed on the entire side of my car was the icing on the cake.

August: I see a real nasty ding on the c-pillar of my car. A car door could definately not have done it, it's way too high to have been a car. I think someone threw a rock at my car. The chip is deep enough that there's already some surface rust in the ding

2 weeks ago: I was driving home on the BQE in Brooklyn late on saturday night, I hear this loud noise, all of a sudden I see in front of me what appears to be the mat that you would put on the floor behind your desk so you can roll easily on carpet. The car in front of me must have whipped it up in the air, because I was driving right into it. I swerved as quickly (without hitting cars around me) as I can, but it still hit me, but this time on the driver's side front fender. I didn't think anything of it, considering it's only plastic, right? WRONG. The next morning I rub it out only to find about 8 scratches, all in perfect alignment, like someone clawed the fender of my car. So I have an 8 month old car that needs the entire passenger's side painted, and now the driver's side fron fender.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:11 PM
The Third Ball

Well I got lucky as hell.

Got back from Cleveland yesterday, and took my car into Acura today. Once again I must commend Acura of Glendale (formerly Acura of Pasadena.) They have, hands down, the best service for an Acura dealership.

Anyway, brought my car they looked at for 2 seconds. Unscrewed the bolt on the wiper, re tighten and viola works perfect. Very lucky because I was afraid the motor got damaged.

So, now I just have to get all the rubber residue cleaned off the hood and windshield. Which I haven't done because for some reason all the car wash I use is busy as hell.

Anyway, a spot of goodluck...I'm still looking to sell it and get a pathfinder though. Drove another one today.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:01 PM
drop em like its hot

let me know if u want carfax report
Old 10-06-2005, 05:03 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by rezurex
let me know if u want carfax report
you been giving to me already thanks!
Old 10-06-2005, 05:16 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your lucky, that shit can kill.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:28 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by fdl
Your lucky, that shit can kill.
Trust me, I know.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,309 Likes on 962 Posts
I understand the big city dilemna with cars. Makes me not want to buy a new car just to see it get ruined from others' negligence.