fender bump with civic. need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 12:34 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fender bump with civic. need help

Alright, so I was going to a car show tonight, and I passed a parking space I wanted to take and so I was going to back into it. I glance into my rear view mirror before I started backing up and just saw black in the lower part of it where there was no light, and the parking lot lights far away at the top. so I started to back up and I heard a horn honking that sounded really far away, then I glance in my rear view mirror again and still don't see anything, then turn around in my seat and see the top of a fucking car right behind me. I never fully let off the break so I was just creeping backwards, so I slam on the brake and hear a tiny *scratch* noise. I cursed really loud.

Anywyas, It turns out the guy's car was dropped really fucking low, so I only saw teh top 2 or 3 inches of his car in my rear view mirror and it was a black car, so it was invisible, and the bottom of my rear bumper, about two inches above the height of the exhaust pipes on the drivers side hit the top of his carbon fiber hood and his bumper. I had a couple paint scratches, but apparently his carbon fiber hood was cracked in a couple places. So I gave him my insurance information and I got his, but I don't want to report it to my insurance unless I have to. I asked him to not report it to insurance and to give me a call with the quote before he does.

He said it's a "spoon carbon fiber hood" for a 93 civic. Also the latch for the hood is kinda bent so the hood doens't colose all the way. I have only found one place online that sells "spoon cf hoods" and they were selling it for $1050 . I'm a 19 year old college student gatting fucked by the insurance people as it is. I'm paying $250 a month for full covverage. Ic an' afford higher insurance. Can anybody help me find a better deal on that hood or give me some advice as to what I can do?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:39 AM
i like orange juice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spoon is gonna be expensive period, that sucks though.....
Old 07-12-2004, 12:41 AM
i like orange juice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but tell him you want a receipt or to look at the hood to make sure its Spoon, he could be trying to screw you over
Old 07-12-2004, 12:43 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah I already thought of that. I'm def gonna make sure what kind of hood it is before I make a decision on what to do.