Do you get road rage easy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32

I have terrible road rage. I don't swerve around or anything stupid but I'll scream at other people while driving.
+1, I lose it at bad drivers. I have a short temper to begin with and then bad drivers get mixed up and I go nuts. But i don't swerve around and put anyone in danger.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:15 PM
Por Favor?

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
You can usually tell I'm annoyed with slow or oblivious drivers when I start driving like a maniac on purpose to get around them...fighting obnoxious with obnoxious if you will. Out in the suburbs is usually where you get the worst offenders who think it's Sunday all week. I'm not going to start some sort of direct confrontation with drivers like this though...what's the point.

People do get pretty bent out of shape though behind the wheel of their stupid-mobile. I've seen some crazy stuff on occasion. Scary sometimes. Angry tempers, people who get out of their car with weapons and such. Super not worth it.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:21 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get pissed at moronic drivers but its not like you can change them. I was a passenger a few weeks ago when some hillbilly tried running my brother off the road. We then got stopped in a traffic jam. I had to calm my brother down because it wasn't going to end well. Carrying a gun 24/7, I'm not going to risk my life or a loved ones life over some nut.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Evil Mazda Driver

Received 174 Likes on 89 Posts
Not anymore. I was a real hot head when I was younger but not anymore....shit's not worth getting hurt/shot/killed over. Too many crazy motherfuckers out there. If I find myself losing control, I'll just pull over and take a few minutes to cool down or even stop and just walk around.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:50 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 196 Likes on 99 Posts
Nope. I've seen too much stupidity behind the wheel to realize it will never change. And I'd be a liar to claim that there haven't been times when I've done stupid things while driving myself. Anyone who thinks it's necessary to "school" others is only overestimating their abilities or compensating for their shortcomings.

Now I just shrug it off if someone acts foolishly. I take the effort to protect myself and not to put others in danger when I'm on the road. Life's too short to think otherwise.

Terry
Old 04-25-2011, 06:51 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,129 Likes on 2,565 Posts
Originally Posted by teranfon
Nope. I've seen too much stupidity behind the wheel to realize it will never change. And I'd be a liar to claim that there haven't been times when I've done stupid things while driving myself. Anyone who thinks it's necessary to "school" others is only overestimating their abilities or compensating for their shortcomings.

Now I just shrug it off if someone acts foolishly. I take the effort to protect myself and not to put others in danger when I'm on the road. Life's too short to think otherwise.

Terry

Good wisdom, it's crazy to play games with 2 ton vehicles. I did a few things I'm not proud of a couple decades ago, but now-a-days I sluff it off.

Unfortunately I've been a witness in two separate vehicular manslaughter trials. I had to testify in one for over 3 hours. It's eerie to describe the accident description and timeline in excruciating details while the victim's and defendant's families and rest of the court are listening to you.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:46 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
With all of these self-proclaimed good drivers, where are the bad ones??

Certainly there are a host of things which bother me that others do on our highways, but I am not in a position to get upset to the point of anger or vindictiveness because I carry a little something on my person which precludes me from doing this.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
I used to have road rage in my teen years and early 20s; I guess it comes with the territory and girls! But now, I could care less of what other driver's do. If I see something stupid a another driver is doing, I just slow down or speed up to pass. I only honk when the driver isn't paying attention, such as at a red light, stop sign or changing lane. I don't over-react, as it will only escalate the problem. I guess that's one of the reason my clean driving record for 20+ years helps with insurance premiums.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
^

When I was younger I used to pull some stunts once in a while, but no longer (and never anything major). Maybe it's age... who knows. But now I just shrug it off. I really don't care. Even when people tailgate me, I don't care. Let them hit me... it will be their fault and all of a sudden my neck will start hurting. Plus, I'm in a truck and most of the time they're in a car... so they'll be taking the brunt of the damage...
Old 04-25-2011, 11:07 AM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
Speaking of honking. I don't know what it is but I hate honking. It's like an obnoxious yell to me. I RARELY use my horn. I either wait it out or rev my engine.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mdkxtreme
Speaking of honking. I don't know what it is but I hate honking. It's like an obnoxious yell to me. I RARELY use my horn. I either wait it out or rev my engine.
Honking isnt an obnoxious yell. I mean it CAN be one...but if someone beeps me quickly because I am not paying attention to the light - I deserve it.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
With all of these self-proclaimed good drivers, where are the bad ones??
Bad ones usually don't come out and tell you so....and most of the times, they just don't know it or admit they're bad drivers. You will only notice it on the road.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mdkxtreme
This reminds me of the days in the Caribbeans. Over there, the 2 most important parts, besides other things, of your car were your BRAKES and HORN. You constantly brake like crazy and honk like crazy. Honking the horn is a norm; if you don't honk, you will get into an accident because few follows traffic signs or directions.

Originally Posted by nyclio
Honking isnt an obnoxious yell. I mean it CAN be one...but if someone beeps me quickly because I am not paying attention to the light - I deserve it.
Exactly.

Last edited by silver3.5; 04-25-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
I get road rage yes!

I need to stop though
Old 04-25-2011, 11:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Words cannot express...
Old 04-25-2011, 12:08 PM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Nope.
And I think people who do, really need a mind-check. Getting pissed off doesn't make traffic move any faster, doesn't make idiot drivers suddenly follow the rules of the road, and doesn't make your day go any better; all it does is raise your blood pressure and put you in potentially dangerous situations. Taking years off your life over a traffic jam or someone cutting you off is :ghey:
Old 04-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by Street Spirit
Nope.
And I think people who do, really need a mind-check. Getting pissed off doesn't make traffic move any faster, doesn't make idiot drivers suddenly follow the rules of the road, and doesn't make your day go any better; all it does is raise your blood pressure and put you in potentially dangerous situations. Taking years off your life over a traffic jam or someone cutting you off is :ghey:
What the hell is a mind-check?
Old 04-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I try to control my temper, but my patience wears a little thin when it is clear that people are intentionally being assholes.

Take for instance the tool in the Saab that I had the misfortune of crossing paths with. The guy was driving like a dick already, cutting people off the entire way down a major thoroughfare and got stuck in a right-turn only lane when the street narrowed to one lane in each direction with turns lanes for both left and right turns. While he was feinting left try to jockey for space in bumper to bumper traffic, not once did he bother to use his signals. Finally, he just goes for it right in front of me nearly crashing his rear fender into the front my car and forcing me to slam on the brakes to avoid a collision. Again, a complete failure to signal and no real warning whatsoever. I just fucking lost it. This was not a case of someone being careless or failing to pay attention. This was clearly a maneuver executed with malice, consequences be damned.

When I laid on the horn for what seemed like minutes (not really, but I did give him a long honk of WTF?), the fucker tried twice to brake check me while proceeding to drive 5 miles under the speed limit the entire way down the street until the next signal.

So in that type of a situation, where there is clearly unprovoked malice, I find it hard to keep my cool, especially when someone has intentionally and unnecessarily endangered my life as well as the life of my passenger and the other drivers around us.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
Originally Posted by Aretardedorange
I do. I get really angry when people cut me off or don't signal. I hate people who text and drive. I drive up to them and honk at them to get their attention. But I really hate people who don't signal.

Like today this plumbing truck cut me off within .5 CL (Car Length) I went around him and honked at him he cut me off again. So I went in front and brake checked him multiple times.

Do you get road rage?
Prepare to get flamed.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
I do. I get really angry when people cut me off or don't signal. I hate people who text and drive. I drive up to them and honk at them to get their attention. But I really hate people who don't signal.

Like today this plumbing truck cut me off within .5 CL (Car Length) I went around him and honked at him he cut me off again. So I went in front and brake checked him multiple times.

Do you get road rage?
r u trying to cut your life short! its once thing to yell and what not but you go up next to them and beep ur going to get there attention when the pull out a gun on you
Old 04-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by pokin
No. Why?
1. Too many psychos out there - sometimes those you least expect.
2. Rage and counter-rage can get very stupid and dangerous in a hurry.
3. It depends on what part of the country you are driving. Cutting in with 1/2 car length and without signaling is the norm in some parts.
Yep. And I carry a gun, so I have to mind my road manners. I rather not end a life over dumb stuff. I just let it go.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:32 PM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Flipster23
r u trying to cut your life short! its once thing to yell and what not but you go up next to them and beep ur going to get there attention when the pull out a gun on you
chances are, if they are dumb enough to drive around texting, they are too stupid to own a gun, or use it properly.

or they need to get back in the kitchen.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:32 PM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by nyclio
Originally Posted by silver3.5
Bad ones usually don't come out and tell you so....and most of the times, they just don't know it or admit they're bad drivers. You will only notice it on the road.
I didn't mean to say it like that though. I don't mind if I use it to prevent an accident.

I don't know but in my area, people use the horn for reasons I can't even explain. Like I would get honked at for going a little slower when going up a driveway because I'm lowered. I get honked at for waiting for pedestrians to complete their cross at a stop light. I get honked at because I stopped in the middle of a street to parallel park. Things like that just makes me hate the horn.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I get road rage on a daily basis. I take driving seriously and expect others to do the same.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:40 AM
Ultra Negro

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Marco
What the hell is a mind-check?
I think its like a mind fuck from get him to the greek
Old 04-26-2011, 04:15 AM
Evil Mazda Driver

Received 174 Likes on 89 Posts

Do you get road rage?
Be careful, man....keep that up and one day you might wind up on the wrong end of a gun. You never know what the other driver is like or what he might have on him.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
I don't know but in my area, people use the horn for reasons I can't even explain. Like I would get honked at for going a little slower when going up a driveway because I'm lowered. I get honked at for waiting for pedestrians to complete their cross at a stop light. I get honked at because I stopped in the middle of a street to parallel park. Things like that just makes me hate the horn.
I have a 100W air horn in my car.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
I'm a very calm driver compared to some of the assclowns my age. I know this comes up in every driving thread it seems, but I do get annoyed with tailgaters.

The other day, a Jetta was riding my ass to the point where I couldn't see the cars headlights. I was going 45 in a 35 to avoid my bumper being taken off. The car pulled up next to me at the next stop light. I figured it'd be a younger girl who was on the phone. He was a grown, 40 year old man, looking in the opposite direction to avoid eye contact. Both hands on the wheel, not on the phone, etc. Do people just ride other cars' asses because its fun? People somehow get balls of steel when they're in the own security and comfort of their car.

Other than that, I let things slide for the most part. I hate when people use their horn just to show that they're pissed off after a driver makes a bad move. Its not going to do much after the fact.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by PortlandRL
Be careful, man....keep that up and one day you might wind up on the wrong end of a gun. You never know what the other driver is like or what he might have on him.
This reminds me...does anyone hesitate to turn your lights off/back on when you're approaching another driver with their headlights off?
Old 04-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Do you get road rage?
I used to get road rage, nowadays that is pretty much internalized though. Brake checking = not cool at all. Funny story, I once was followed home by some dickhead and his friend because I merged in front of them and sort of but not really cut them off. They followed me all the way from one side of town to the other down side streets ect as I tried to lose them. I ended up pretending to call the cops on my phone as I was by myself and not about to try and fight two guys over basically nothing. Reflecting back on it I should have called the cops as they had no business getting so fucking bent over something they have prob done countless times themselves.

Originally Posted by phee
road rage is gone ever since i bought a gun. i just wave it at the driver that pissed me off...problem solved
Seriously? Someday someone will take your plate down then your screwed big time. Also, what if they waved a gun back at you? You gonna have a shootout?
Old 04-26-2011, 06:44 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I drive a VW Bus so I don't even have the horsepower to be in the game to get road rage. I leave that business to everybody else.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I don't get road rage, I get road head instead.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:02 AM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,106 Likes on 764 Posts
I don't get road rage.
I may get annoyed by bad or inattentive driving by others, but not upset enough to act like a moron yelling, screaming, gesturing, honking, cutting the other driver off, pulling a gun, etc.
Originally Posted by CL6
I drive a VW Bus so I don't even have the horsepower to be in the game to get road rage.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
My biggest pet peeve.. stupid drivers / people. I don't try to 'parent' stupid driver's anymore. I still blurt out expletives.. but that's about it. There will always be some idiot who thinks darting in and around traffic will get him to work faster or cutting in front of you without signalling leaving less than a 1/2 gap is okay. I think being a good defensive driver involves many things, including not driving like a jackass to prove a point.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:47 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Now that I realized.. I did some stupid stupid things back when I was still in high school. I hated when people cut me off, so sometimes, I honked at the guy in front for almost full 60 seconds.. me

Nowaday, I just slow down or change lane and pass him/her.