The CR-Z needed more seats and doors, so I did a thing...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 09:14 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
I was just in Arizona for work, it's hot as balls there. Luckily, my balls stayed dry because there wasn't any humidity. I don't know if I could live there with all the mosquitoes, but people I encountered were friendly. Another guy who went to training before me complained about the AC being noisy... the hotel said yeah, the units break down because they run them 24/7

Florida on the other hand... swamp crotch within 10 mins of getting out of the shower.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
Originally Posted by Costco
I was just in Arizona for work, it's hot as balls there. Luckily, my balls stayed dry because there wasn't any humidity. I don't know if I could live there with all the mosquitoes, but people I encountered were friendly. Another guy who went to training before me complained about the AC being noisy... the hotel said yeah, the units break down because they run them 24/7

Florida on the other hand... swamp crotch within 10 mins of getting out of the shower.
I've counted one mosquito here and I'm next to a lake
Old 08-24-2018, 10:07 AM
10th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Ken, your 'old' CR-Z is for sale and sitting on a lot at an Acura dealer in Tempe where you traded it for your used granny Acura. Can you enlighten the rest of us that are confused as to why you ditched your beloved project car so suddenly after all that expensive work and all the time you invested in it? It seemed like you were in the middle of tuning it with Ktuner on August 15th to resolve the CEL errors, so it's awfully fishy that you spontaneously decided to trade it in for a loss to buy another vehicle? Worse, you told people here you found that Acura on Craigslist; why would you lie about that when the boring truth is that you traded your CR-Z in for a used, bland Acura? Are you covering something up about the CR-Z you dropped like a hot potato last week? Is that why you have a long list of previous vehicles, like the 2017 Honda you have listed as a previous car already? I've ascertained from reading all of your posts here, on Ktuner, and on crzforum.com that it seems that you drive cars really, really hard, so I wouldn't be surprised if the little 1.5L in that CR-Z has fatal mechanical issues now. Not to mention still having the stock clutch after 3,000 miles on that turbocharger. Yikes.

So, Ken, why didn't you offer your nice vehicle to one of these upstanding forum members here or over at the CR-Z forum? That's what car forum members usually do, right? Can you come clean here and tell us the real reason you suddenly traded it in for a comparatively bland 4-door automatic and why you lied and said you found it on Craigslist, because I don't buy your story and since I have a deposit on your CR-Z at that dealership, yes, it does matter. Wouldn't you say that prospective buyers, especially fellow forum members, have the right to know if this vehicle is mechanically sound before dropping what, $19K on a 'specialty' vehicle that has had its warranty voided by adding a turbocharger?

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2018, 10:12 AM
The Third Ball

Received 4,824 Likes on 2,571 Posts
Annnnd I'm going to the kitchen to make some popcorn....BRB!
The following users liked this post:
RPhilMan1 (08-28-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 10:22 AM
10th Gear

I might add that Ken not replying to my DM inquiries about his 'old' CR-Z speaks volumes.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:28 AM
Ex-OEM King

Received 5,827 Likes on 3,849 Posts
Originally Posted by dwaynestumpf
Hey Ken, your 'old' CR-Z is for sale and sitting on a lot at an Acura dealer in Tempe where you traded it for your used granny Acura. Can you enlighten the rest of us that are confused as to why you ditched your beloved project car so suddenly after all that expensive work and all the time you invested in it? It seemed like you were in the middle of tuning it with Ktuner on August 15th to resolve the CEL errors, so it's awfully fishy that you spontaneously decided to trade it in for a loss to buy another vehicle? Worse, you told people here you found that Acura on Craigslist; why would you lie about that when the boring truth is that you traded your CR-Z in for a used, bland Acura? Are you covering something up about the CR-Z you dropped like a hot potato last week? Is that why you have a long list of previous vehicles, like the 2017 Honda you have listed as a previous car already? I've ascertained from reading all of your posts here, on Ktuner, and on crzforum.com that it seems that you drive cars really, really hard, so I wouldn't be surprised if the little 1.5L in that CR-Z has fatal mechanical issues now. Not to mention still having the stock clutch after 3,000 miles on that turbocharger. Yikes.

So, Ken, why didn't you offer your nice vehicle to one of these upstanding forum members here or over at the CR-Z forum? That's what car forum members usually do, right? Can you come clean here and tell us the real reason you suddenly traded it in for a comparatively bland 4-door automatic and why you lied and said you found it on Craigslist, because I don't buy your story and since I have a deposit on your CR-Z at that dealership, yes, it does matter. Wouldn't you say that prospective buyers, especially fellow forum members, have the right to know if this vehicle is mechanically sound before dropping what, $19K on a 'specialty' vehicle that has had its warranty voided by adding a turbocharger?

Thanks!

Just joining up doesn't make a fellow forum member...

This pretty aggressive post doesn't help either. If you're worried about the potential reliability issues of a heavily modded car then here's a great thought for you...don't buy it!
Sarlacc (08-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 10:37 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by SamDoe1

Just joining up doesn't make a fellow forum member...

This pretty aggressive post doesn't help either. If you're worried about the potential reliability issues of a heavily modded car then here's a great thought for you...don't buy it!
I was actually thinking about the existing forum members that may have their eyes on this vehicle and was not referring to myself. Buyer beware unless the previous owner can sufficiently explain these discrepancies.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:41 AM
The Third Ball

I was actually thinking about the existing forum members that may have their eyes on this vehicle and was not referring to myself. Buyer beware unless the previous owner can sufficiently explain these discrepancies.
Anyone here actually thinking buying a boosted crz?

Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Didn’t think so.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:50 AM
10th Gear

And if I'm not a 'fellow forum member' by being a CR-Z enthusiast trying to look out for other CR-Z enthusiasts looking to buy, then what am I? And my post may have been aggressive, but not inflammatory, so are you saying that instead of asking valid questions about a used CR-Z that a senior member on this forum traded in and has made evasive statements about, that I should either not buy it or buy it based on 'good intentions'? I don't buy used vehicles based on someone else's good intentions when I'm potentially inheriting someone else's problem that could turn out to be a money pit. Wouldn't you want to know as much as possible before making an informed decision to spend $20K?
Old 08-24-2018, 10:52 AM
10th Gear

Let's see if Ken can reply!
Old 08-24-2018, 10:56 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Sarlacc

Anyone here actually thinking buying a boosted crz?

Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Didn’t think so.
Yeah, there were more than several people over in the CR-Z forum that were really disappointed that he didn't offer it up to them first. I'm not a troll.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:59 AM
10th Gear

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=216288525
Old 08-24-2018, 11:08 AM
10th Gear

And I know that there are people in line behind me if I relinquish my deposit on this vehicle, so the person second in line just may be a member of this or the CR-Z forum. But Ken should be able to clear all of this up, right? He's been so good at detailing his turbo project with this car in the past couple of years, so why wouldn't he be happy to tell the rest of his story? You know, about the testing he was involved with just last week with Ktuner and how that was going before he had such a drastic change of heart and dumped his beautiful CR-Z for a head scratcher of a replacement?
Old 08-24-2018, 11:10 AM
Senior Moderator

Thanks!
First of all, stalker alert.

Second, I did find it on Craigslist.

Third, I spoke directly to the GM of the dealer and used car director about the situation and they put their cards on the table and I put mine down. I needed a four door car and wanted to no longer have car payments hanging over me. I got a fair deal. They made a little bit of money, got a solid trade and I got a well-maintained car that checks the right boxes.

Fourth, What I do with my cars is my business. There is nothing fishy about getting rid of an impractical car especially when garage storage is at a premium. I'm under no obligation to dick around with people online who will likely just waste my time with 'maybe' buying a car and dragging out the process, hemming and hawing, maybe getting a loan approved. I've done that before and it's not worth the aggravation. I'd rather just be done with it. I have a girlfriend who has a kid. I also have my mother near me and if I want to take three or four people around, I need a vehicle for that. Having two impractical cars was not cutting it.

Fifth, that CR-Z is solid. Zero issues other than slight heatsoak on 117 degree days. It runs well, has no issues with the clutch nor has it been pushed all that hard. That GReddy system is solid and the CR-Z powertrain can handle the boost. If you push it beyond its intended limits, you'll need new crank and pistons. KTuner has been kind enough to work with me on the unique (for 2016 only) ECU on this project.

Sixth, if you have any questions about the CR-Z feel free to ask either here or via PM. I have nothing to hide but launching accusations at someone like this is not going to fly either.
The following 5 users liked this post by Ken1997TL:
00TL-P3.2 (08-24-2018), CLtotheTL32 (08-24-2018), gatrhumpy (08-24-2018), Sarlacc (08-24-2018), ttribe (08-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 11:10 AM
10th Gear

And I'm also sharing whatever information I can with the people I've been speaking to at the dealer, they seem to appreciate it. And they haven't shared the results of their maintenance inspection yet, so I'm completely in the dark as to whether or not this vehicle has any issues that could be show stoppers.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:11 AM
10th Gear

I did ask via PM, several days ago.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:12 AM
10th Gear

How about answering my DM questions then?
Old 08-24-2018, 11:14 AM
Senior Moderator

How about answering my DM questions then?
I've had no alerts about any messages. Is this on the CR-Z forum?
Old 08-24-2018, 11:24 AM
The Third Ball

I totally get Ken’s POV...he got rid of the car and still has OCD weirdos e-stalking...
Ken1997TL (08-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 11:26 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
I mean, owning 4 cars already I'm not in a position but I'm not gonna lie...my interest would have been piqued had Ken listed it on the forum.

I'm interested to hear what the newcomer does find. If you've paid a deposit I'm assuming that you are planning on having a PPI done on the vehicle?
Is Honda/Acura even aware of the tuning and turbocharger and is warranty voided?

Meh...gf with a kid and things are serious and a mother nearby...ain't no way I'd be happy having to NOT take my cars to go somewhere all the time like that.
Shit, I bought that damn Yukon because I wanted to be able to load up the kiddos and drive...we don't even take my gf's van anymore.

Last edited by rockstar143; 08-24-2018 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:27 AM
Senior Moderator

I totally get Ken’s POV...he got rid of the car and still has OCD weirdos e-stalking...
Not exactly what I expected over morning coffee and the news..

Old 08-24-2018, 11:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by rockstar143
I mean, owning 4 cars already I'm not in a position but I'm not gonna lie...my interest would have been piqued had Ken listed it on the forum.
I guess the integrity thing will be a big deal, especially to Robb...

Not saying one way or another, but I'm interested to hear what the newcomer does find. If you've paid a deposit I'm assuming that you are planning on having a PPI done on the vehicle?
Is Honda/Acura even aware of the tuning and turbocharger and is warranty voided?

They know all about the turbo and didn't seem to care either way.

Why would the warranty be voided? There are federal laws protecting the customer in these situations. CR-Z engines are very reliable and a reputable company like GReddy doesn't make junk. It was tuned properly.
00TL-P3.2 (08-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 11:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Meh...gf with a kid and things are serious and a mother nearby...ain't no way I'd be happy having to NOT take my cars to go somewhere all the time like that.
Shit, I bought that damn Yukon because I wanted to be able to load up the kiddos and drive...we don't even take my gf's van anymore.
I thought about a Pilot / MDX or something like what I had before. But I'm not an SUV guy - at all.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:33 AM
The Third Ball

There has to be more to this story...is this dude some jilted lover trying to paint you as a bad person the eyes of an online car community?
Old 08-24-2018, 11:35 AM
The Third Ball

OH OH OH I KNOW!

Its his girlfriend’s kid. They arent happy to see lower class Matt Damon shtupping their mom so this is broad strokes to mastermind a break up!!!

THE PHONE CALL IS COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE KEN! GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!
The following 3 users liked this post by Sarlacc:
gatrhumpy (08-24-2018), Ken1997TL (08-24-2018), ttribe (08-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
They know all about the turbo and didn't seem to care either way.

Why would the warranty be voided? There are federal laws protecting the customer in these situations. CR-Z engines are very reliable and a reputable company like GReddy doesn't make junk. It was tuned properly.
Maybe something like the CT supercharger that was almost considered a factory add on...but something that's a one off that you're working with tuners on getting dialed in, I would be shocked if they didn't tell you to eat shit if you threw a rod or kissed valves or whatever it is Justin does.

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
I thought about a Pilot / MDX or something like what I had before. But I'm not an SUV guy - at all.
LOL...brooooo...I'm hauling around 4 kids between the two of us! RL would have been as good as another S2000 for me!
Old 08-24-2018, 11:37 AM

He can't get out of the house...he's sitting on the toilet with C4 wired to blow if he gets up...
Old 08-24-2018, 11:38 AM
The Third Ball

Maybe something like the CT supercharger that was almost considered a factory add on...but something that's a one off that you're working with tuners on getting dialed in, I would be shocked if they didn't tell you to eat shit if you threw a rod or kissed valves or whatever it is Justin does.

LOL...brooooo...I'm hauling around 4 kids between the two of us! RL would have been as good as another S2000 for me!
Durango srt....but noooooooooooo you had to run out and buy some old ass suburban...do you drop them off at school in yoga pants and makeup?
The following 5 users liked this post by Sarlacc:
Flipster23 (08-29-2018), gatrhumpy (08-24-2018), Ken1997TL (08-24-2018), rockstar143 (08-24-2018), ttribe (08-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 11:41 AM
Senior Moderator

There has to be more to this story...is this dude some jilted lover trying to paint you as a bad person the eyes of an online car community?
I have no fucking clue who this guy is... He blew up my inbox on the CR-Z forum and dished out a nearly identical rant on there. If you don't want to buy it, don't. Jesus Christ.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:44 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Maybe i missed something.... is he trying to buy the car from the Acura dealer? if so, go talk to the dealer. The car has nothing to do with Ken now. He sold it to the dealer!

Ken is under 0 obligation to share anything. I think he shared too much already with a stranger that he has never met.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:47 AM
Senior Moderator

True but the power IS dialed back on there, on purpose. If he decides to do 450cc injectors and crank up the boost without getting the HKS upgrades, that's his business.

I focused on reliability and it being a daily with that build. It's even stock clutch friendly unless you're an idiot.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:48 AM

I'd like to know what his favorite position is...
also, what's his finishing move.
since we're prying and all.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:49 AM
The Third Ball

I'd like to know what his favorite position is...
also, what's his finishing move.
since we're prying and all.
and whether he spits or swallows
Ken1997TL (08-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 11:49 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
You have a finishing move?
Old 08-24-2018, 11:50 AM

LMAO, bro...I have like 3 go tos!
Old 08-24-2018, 11:50 AM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by oonowindoo
you know like:

ass to mouth
dirty sanchez
houdini
angry dragon
etc
gatrhumpy (08-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 11:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by oonowindoo
Well-executed handbrake turn

S2000 is good for that...
Old 08-24-2018, 11:52 AM

Durango srt....but noooooooooooo you had to run out and buy some old ass suburban...do you drop them off at school in yoga pants and makeup?
Like you'd be able to look up at my face if I were wearing yoga pants...
Yeah I know...but a newish vehicle that pricey would mean V had to go and then no Yukon...
I am getting old, I think because I'm appreciating an older vehicle that's been pretty well maintained more and more...shiet, about to spend $300 on AcDelco Pro
steering components for that big bitch!
Old 08-24-2018, 11:55 AM

Ken, I recently sold the Advan RS for the S2000...I could use the garage space and cash more than 2 sets of wheels...
plus I love the AP2 V2 wheels...anyway...I have long lasting econo tires on there that it came with...man, in the rain the other day...it was way too easy to have some fun. No handbrake needed...
people at those intersections either thought I was a maniac, or a moron, or a badass...
Old 08-24-2018, 11:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Even with VSA, there is no way I'd be driving an S2000 with anything less grippy than Super Sports. I had some Toyos on there originally and they were downright scary.

Quick Reply: The CR-Z needed more seats and doors, so I did a thing...