Central FL international Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 12:50 PM
Stay or leave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Central FL international Auto Show

Alright so I went to the Auto show yesterday with my girlfriend. I'll breifly tell you about it. Obviously it was huge and they had just about every car on display, some you could sit in and some not. Car's that impressed me:
Subaru Legacy GT, I know plenty of us have seen this car online and read about the numbers, but this car looks great in person. Actually better in person then online. After the car show I came home and look at it again, and I didn't like it. Oh well, would definitely like to test drive it if I buy another car one of these days. They had a STI and a EVO VIII MR there, both nice, but just a little to ricey for me. I couldn't imagine taking work friends out to lunch in that car, although I'm sure it would be great as a weekend driver. I actually considered getting the STI (I put a deposit down last year) but decided against it. So back to the show, the S4 looked great, was the first time I saw one up close. Car looks great, would probably be the only Audi I would ever buy. The new RL looks decent, not overly impressed with the Acura line right now. Everything is kind of plan to me, oh well. They had a Volvo S60 type R, now here is another car I would love to test drive. I loved this car ever since it came out. Overall looks great, the interior was really comfortable, and the 18's are great. Lets see what else, oh I was suprised to see the new GS (lexus). It was the 300 but never the less it looked good. They had it up on a display and it looks great, more rounded then the older one, could not really see the inside but from online pictures it looked really good. They had ferrari's and lambo's and a RR and a couple Maserati's. A few concept cars, nothing to spectacular. My girlfriend really likes the Mustang, she wants to get a GT, not stick but whatever, i'd still like to drive it. Oh yea just remember, the Altima SE-R actually looked good, only 10 extra horses but the body kit and the 18's looked nice, not over done, they had a 350Z all riced up and I thought it looked like shit. I'm sure I could write more but am not really in the mood. I'm sure this sounds really random all the stuff I wrote cause I was just remembering what I saw. Ask me anything if you have questions, we walked around to every display. Just about every auto manuf. except Porshe it seemed. Only car they did not have that I really wanted to see was the Mazdaspeed Mazda 6, oh well maybe next time. And I don't have any pictures, because I don't have a dig camera or a camera phone. Plan on getting one for my girl for Xmas, just have to wait it out.
Old 11-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Pit Stop?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went on Thursday, I'm going again today, I'll be taking a lot of pictures, I just need somewhere to host them since Photohost is down........I'll give a full review of a few cars that I've sat in.
Old 11-28-2004, 02:04 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Reddly9007
I couldn't imagine taking work friends out to lunch in that car, although I'm sure it would be great as a weekend driver.
I take people out in the STi all the time, they actually want me to drive......they like getting rides in the car.

Why would you give a shit about what others think of your car?

Not to mention, the STi and Evo MR cost just as much if not more than what the average person drives.

So in the end, if some clueless person thinks the car is a $15k rice burner....who gives a shit what they think.

In my case, I buy the car for me not what others might think of it.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Pit Stop?

Alright, as promised, I have my pictures (Thanks to teh JONESI for the hosting ).

Overall, I thought the show was very good, I believe it was a little better last year, the only thing that really disappointed me was a COMPLETE LACK of a Porsche booth. :wtf:

Acura

Nothing I've not seen before, the new RSX looks pretty good, much better than the 02-03, and the new RL was quite striking. However, the interior (tan color) did not wow me at all, I've heard so much about it that I was extremely disappointed.

Aston Martin

DB9 - Sex on wheels. They had all of the exotics sectioned off so you could only see them, but it looked nice enough. I would have chosen a different color though.

Vanquish - Seems like the big brute of the family, a friend's girlfriend's father owns one, so I think I'm going to take a ride in one VERY soon

Audi

I really didn't venture a whole lot into the Audi area, nothing there that really interests me as of right now, the S4 looked good, and the A8L is a BIG BIG car, with comfortable seating and enough emmnities to entertain yourself for a long while.

Bentley

I liked the new redesigned front end of the Arnage, it looks really stately, the just need to do something with the sagging rear-end, doesn't match the class of the front of the vehicle. The Continental GT was gorgeous, and a defintley sweet coupe. I'd like the rims to be in a flat polish, not chrome however.

BMW

645Ci is a great car, very driver oriented, comfortable for two people. The rear seats are a complete joke.

530i......I absolutley hated this car. They had it in a blue color with a cinammon interior that looked like absolute shit. I couldn't stand to look at it. When I got in, the interior was not functional at all, and I had to move the rear seat so far back I struck the B pillar trying to climb back out. Overall I was VERY disappointed.

745Li......the only car I've ever had leg room in the
backseat with the front seat as far back as it would go. I played with the lumbar support for at least five minutes. A very comfortable car with lot of fun things. I'd buy one.

Cadillac

CTS-V is my new choice for a sedan. It was comfortable, everything was easy to understand and manipulate, and the shifter felt buttery smooth. My dad was taken aback by the idea of a 6-speed Caddy, but he warmed up the idea when I mentioned 400HP This will be the vehicle I buy when I'm out of college.

STS, I liked it, but for some reason I couldn't find a comfortable position in the driver seat. Everythign felt very cramped, even all the way back

XLR, the one there was only the fifth I've ever seen since they were introduced last year. It's a very good looking car, I didn't have an opportunity to sit in it however, but from a simple exterior perspective, it was sweet.

Chrysler/Dodge

300C/Magnum - I owned one, so I think it's obvious I like them. Saw a new "Desert Sand" color on the 300, didn't really care for it.

SRT-10 Viper - Can't fit in it, pissed me off, they had it roped off, yet you can go to the dealer and sit in them all day long

Dakota - The new Dakota seems nice, it's roomy enough, and the V8 is a welcome option.

They had a few interesting concept cars on display, including the ME-412 which I would SO buy if I had the capabilities. It's futuristic, and a definete head turner.

Ferrari

What can I say?

Ford

Mustang GT - Great car, looks like a great value, nice room for the driver.

Ford GT ...........beautiful car, this thing has some WIDE rear tires

Hummer

H2/H2 SUT - Very very big. The only vehicles without there EPA MPG Ratings on display

Lamborghini
These cars just bring out so many emotions. Raw power, violent looks, and the road presence of a 747. I fell in love, and hard. I stood looking at the Murcielago Barchettas for at least 30 minutes, just admiring.

Lexus

The new GS looks sweet, I wasn't able to get a photo though, I like it a lot. The rest of Lexus didn't have a whole lot different so I didn't check it out.

Maserati

I really really like the new V8 Gransport, so I was surprised they had one there, much less in the color combination I ABSOLUTLEY adore, I wanted to buy it right then and there, however the fact it was $110,000 and already sold prevented me from doing that.....

Mercedes-Benz

I was finally able to sit in an SL-class Benz. Everything about the car was perfect. There is nothing more I can say. I've loved the car for so long it was awesome to sit in it. I will own one before I die, I promise you all!

CL55 AMG - This is a huge coupe, I'd love to have one, very comfortable.

Rolls-Royce

I honestly think the Phantom is longer than my F-150 I'd choose it over a Maybach or a Bentley if I had the opportunity.......

I don't have any more pictures, so I'll just wrap up with some final thoughts....

- The VW Pheaton driver seat is the most comfortable seat I've ever sat in.

- I can't fit in the Chevrolet C6 Corvette

- Lamborghini makes the best looking cars in the world

Hope you guys enjoyed.

BONUS: A picture that represents my future garage, and the best example of speed and sophistication

Old 11-30-2004, 09:52 PM
Pit Stop?

No one cares..............

That post took me like 30 minutes fuckers

Old 11-30-2004, 09:56 PM
Diamonds are forever...

damn I think I just came looking at that maserati!
Old 11-30-2004, 09:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
those new lambo wheels are unbelievably sick.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:01 PM
Pit Stop?

Originally Posted by mattg
those new lambo wheels are unbelievably sick.

They will also be available on the Coupe come 2005.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:51 AM
Pit Stop?

Old 12-02-2004, 10:10 AM

nice writeup, i got lazy and didnt go
Old 12-02-2004, 10:24 AM
Pit Stop?

Originally Posted by dabuda
nice writeup, i got lazy and didnt go
You should have mang, it was fun.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:10 PM
Stay or leave

the show was fun, only my second one I have been to. The other was when I was younger. Its just annoying that when you go to sit down in a car some one jumps in the other side and you feel gay when sitting next to someone you don't even know. Oh well, also the MB and BMW sections were filled with people who obviously will never have one, they act like retards around nice cars. Oh and while i'm on the subject, there were a group of gangsta wannabe's at the show sitting in all the nice cars, acting like morons, like they were driving down a strip or something. I don't know why i'm thinking of all these things now but also, there were a ton of idiots that would play with everything in the car (some of the cars had battery hook ups so you could play the radio or see the gauges) people were blasting the radios in some of the lexus's and blowing the speakers. oh well what do you expect, I shouldn't complain I got in for free