Cayenne Turbo Killer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 03:42 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
That was a head scratcher. That category should have been even.

they did the same shit in the GTO vs Mustang GT article last year. The GTO was like 19 points ahead (huge margin) and had one EVERYTHING except for trunk space. They gave the mustang a 20 point "gotta have it" bonuse and beat the GTO by 1 point. They lost all credibility there.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:42 PM
foolio at heart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower
my bro had a syclone, I loved that thing, only lasted 3 days before he totalled it though

blxmjx use to have a sick typhoon when he first joined the board!
Damn, you have a good memory for a

That smitty thread was a classic. I remember telling Scott about it. I don't think he believed Smitty was that stupid until he read it himself. He was so convinced that he was right. hahahahah, I wish that thread was still around somewhere. It woulda ranked up there w/amir and his "turny clicky thing".
Old 02-13-2006, 03:43 PM
foolio at heart

Thinking about ditching the pilot? I think once you drive the GTO you'll fall in love w/ the lS2
Man, the pilot is a p.o.s. I don't know what made me think i'd be cool w/it. hahhaha
Old 02-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Suzuka Master

they did the same shit in the GTO vs Mustang GT article last year. The GTO was like 19 points ahead (huge margin) and had one EVERYTHING except for trunk space. They gave the mustang a 20 point "gotta have it" bonuse and beat the GTO by 1 point. They lost all credibility there.
They lost no credibility. The GT is a better car
Old 02-13-2006, 03:55 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Originally Posted by Maximized
They lost no credibility. The GT is a better car

well, according to all their stats, the GTO was the better car (won almost every category), but the GT was a "must have"
Old 02-13-2006, 03:56 PM
The Third Ball

Received 5,093 Likes on 2,703 Posts
Originally Posted by Street Image Inc.
since you guys are talking about the SS. Can you get the SS w/the 3rd row seat?
Isnt the SS too small for a third row? I would think even a midget would have a hard time dealing with that.

My only problem with the SS is its now very dated...especially inside. After sitting the new 07 Tahoe, and then a 06 Tahoe, and then a SS....All the buttons and gauages and everything are just OLD and outdated looking...GM finally does an interior well, and the fuck it up for the rest of their line

Will have to wait to see what the trailblazer refresh brings.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:57 PM
The Third Ball

well, according to all their stats, the GTO was the better car (won almost every category), but the GT was a "must have"
He's a GT owner...
Old 02-13-2006, 03:58 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by The Sarlacc
Isnt the SS too small for a third row? I would think even a midget would have a hard time dealing with that.

My only problem with the SS is its now very dated...especially inside. After sitting the new 07 Tahoe, and then a 06 Tahoe, and then a SS....All the buttons and gauages and everything are just OLD and outdated looking...GM finally does an interior well, and the fuck it up for the rest of their line

There is a 3 row trailblazer available (or was?) but I don't think the SS has a 3rd row as an option.
teh Senior Instigator

the SS is very dated, to bad they didn't come out w/ one 4 years ago. I believe there is a third row in the standard TB. That said, it's really not that small, they have 3rd rows in explorer's now I think.
teh Senior Instigator

He's a GT owner...

i thought he owned a maxima
Old 02-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mikes96TL03CLS
Funny how worked up you guys get, and the name calling, how old are you guys?? Grow up. I think all of this funny....
Now this is just my opinion so I understand that it doesn't mean anything, but you're an immature moron. You're like the kid on the playground who just got set straight and decides his only way out with any dignity is to pretend that he was just kidding all along. Get over it and stop telling the adults on the site to grow up, sonny.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:03 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
i thought he owned a maxima
yup he's GT owner... check his sig.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:06 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by Always Dirty
Now this is just my opinion so I understand that it doesn't mean anything, but you're an immature moron. You're like the kid on the playground who just got set straight and decides his only way out with any dignity is to pretend that he was just kidding all along. Get over it and stop telling the adults on the site to grow up, sonny.

Old 02-13-2006, 04:06 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by Teh Jatt
yup he's GT owner... check his sig.
And I believe his pops has a 545
Old 02-13-2006, 04:09 PM
teh Senior Instigator

I used a similiar playground analogy

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/can-i-get-some-photoshop-help-331888/
Old 02-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
the SS is very dated, to bad they didn't come out w/ one 4 years ago. I believe there is a third row in the standard TB. That said, it's really not that small, they have 3rd rows in explorer's now I think.
Nope, you need to get the Extended Wheelbase(EXT) model to get a 3rd row seat. The TB SS only comes through as the short wheel base version with seating for 5.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Team Owner

I used a similiar playground analogy

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331888
I can't believe he's actively going after you. He won't keep his little mod wings for long at this rate.

Car looks sharp, btw.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Suzuka Master

The GTO should perform better. It has 100 more hp and almost a 25% bigger engine. In acceleration tests, it was faster. Handling/Braking was a tie. The GT looks much better and has a better interior design IMO. The GTO uses better materials on the inside. Yes, I do own a GT.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:16 PM
Suzuka Master

And I believe his pops has a 545
Correct again. I bought my GT in November 04 and it was delivered in March 05. I got rid of my Maxima. The only thing I miss about that car is the heated seats and automatic climate control
Old 02-13-2006, 04:38 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

I just stayed late at work to read this whole thread.

TOTALLY worth it.

Scott, what was the exact smitty quote you had? I remember it was funny as hell.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Mile High

This thread is hilarious
Old 02-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Banned

I just love all the time spent by CLpower and his little bandwagon buddies. I mean you must have nothing to do, but dwell on this thread, and reply to senseless messages, and what tops it off is all the time spent in your posts to me, hahaha.....if anyone got owned it was CLpower and all the time spent to me, you should time out how much time you spent today replying to my posts........and on top of that, you own a slow ass GTO.....nice choice of car btw, thats so classy....
Old 02-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
I just love all the time spent by CLpower and his little bandwagon buddies. I mean you must have nothing to do, but dwell on this thread, and reply to senseless messages, and what tops it off is all the time spent in your posts to me, hahaha.....if anyone got owned it was CLpower and all the time spent to me, you should time out how much time you spent today replying to my posts........and on top of that, you own a slow ass GTO.....nice choice of car btw, thats so classy....

My lord, thats one big sentence you have there.

I would bet 99% of this ACURA forum would rather have his GTO than your TL with those ugly chrome rims.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:04 PM
The Third Ball

Wow, you are mature there buddy.

A real class act, followed with your reply in his thread about photoshop help. Talk about someone following someone else around making comments.

How you became a mod I'll never know. because you are officially :ghey:
Old 02-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Suzuka Master

I've stayed out of this but I just had to say that you really don't know when to quit and drop it.

I have never seen a Mod act as immature as you have. Are you sure you really are 26 or are you off by a decade or so.

Even though it may be too late, take my advise and stop posting in these threads for a while and cool off.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:25 PM
MSZ
Lola

Received 257 Likes on 150 Posts
This is easily the thread of the year.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:31 PM
That was uncalled for...

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts
Reading these (your) posts have made me stop liking the Grand Cherokee SRT...
Old 02-13-2006, 07:56 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cusdaddy
I have never seen a Mod act as immature as you have. Are you sure you really are 26 or are you off by a decade or so.
https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/thailand-176403/

check the second pic down. he looks 26. i guess.

then again i'm not even that old and i know this guy is crying like a little biatch.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:58 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

and on top of that, you own a slow ass GTO.....

I thought you were supposed to be somewhat knowledgeable about cars when being a moderator?

I'd put my pink slip down right now that your slow ass CL would be SMOKED to shit by his GTO.

:troutslap

pathetic. stop tryin to make sense of your time on this thread - it has defeated you; as has life.

CLpower for pres.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:00 PM
teh Senior Instigator

probably about 10 minutes if that, you really think it took a lot of time to be able to show you that you are a tool? Nope, was very easy.

I love my GTO, thanks. It's really slow, and the interior isn't better then your CL-S or anything
Old 02-13-2006, 08:03 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by brianlin87

I thought you were supposed to be somewhat knowledgeable about cars when being a moderator?

I'd put my pink slip down right now that your slow ass CL would be SMOKED to shit by his GTO.

:troutslap

pathetic. stop tryin to make sense of your time on this thread - it has defeated you; as has life.

CLpower for pres.

hell I bet my first gen CL would smoke his '03

BTW, who the fuck wears a t-shirt and boots? The chain is classic, do we have another Phil2 on our hands???

Anyone else think he is a double for Booger form Revenge of the Nerds?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
Trailblazer SS can tow 6800 LBS, and I doubt its terrbile off road considering its only an inch lower than stock. Doesn't sound so useless to me.
Thats why I would take an SS over the SRT any day.

IMO this Jeep is one of those supremely stupid vehicles, yes it is fast for an SUV but can't do ANY of the things that make an SUV a wise choice. It can't tow my boat or my track car, it can't go over a curb much less off road. The Jeep is a one trick pony and its only trick is hobbled by enormous weight. The Cayenne is just in a different class, it can tow, has excellent offroad ability with just a change of tires, has an extremely luxurious cockpit. Now for those with wallets that can't afford a Turbo S et al(or choose not to) the SRT8 might seem like a resonable choice but when you consider there are cars out there that have all the utility (outside 3,500 lbs of towin', but where ya gonna put the hitch?), are faster, handle better are more luxurious and return better fuel economy, the SRT8 simply becomes a lifestyle vehicle. I will admit many SUVs are bought just for this reason but I don't get it. For the price of an SRT8 and a little change I would much rather have a LR3 or even the SS for less, at least I don't have to worry about a speed bump in my freakin' SUV.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:07 PM
teh Senior Instigator

I think putting a blower on the Nav should be a sufficient demonstration of yourselves being exceptions to the rule.

btw, did I mention it'll be my moms car
Old 02-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Banned

jesus christ....some of you guys are like a fucking gang here. pretty lame, whats your gang sign? do yall rep the "RaMbLiNgZzZ"?? you guys use the same lines at every person you flame, and have been doing this since as long as i remember. i rarely visit these forums but everytime i do i gotta listen to these pointless and post consuming internet battles. GROW UP!!!! THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A THREAD ABOUT THE SRT.....fucking losers
Old 02-13-2006, 08:54 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by Marlboro27s
jesus christ....some of you guys are like a fucking gang here. pretty lame, whats your gang sign? do yall rep the "RaMbLiNgZzZ"?? you guys use the same lines at every person you flame, and have been doing this since as long as i remember. i rarely visit these forums but everytime i do i gotta listen to these pointless and post consuming internet battles. GROW UP!!!! THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A THREAD ABOUT THE SRT.....fucking losers

the whole 4 months you've been here, huh?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mio
EPA city: 12
EPA HWY: 15
C/D 100-mile trip: 12
Old 02-13-2006, 08:58 PM
teh Senior Instigator

N/M I know why marlboro is all bitter, he's been banned about a dozen times
Old 02-13-2006, 08:58 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Originally Posted by Marlboro27s
shut ur ass. no one FORCED you to read a 6 page thread douche.

you responding to this thread is just brokeback :ghey:
Old 02-13-2006, 09:00 PM
teh Senior Instigator

no need to reply, he's gone
Old 02-13-2006, 09:14 PM
teh Senior Instigator

BTW, who the fuck wears a t-shirt and boots? The chain is classic, do we have another Phil2 on our hands???

Anyone else think he is a double for Booger form Revenge of the Nerds?

seriously, am I the only one that saw the resemblance???

Quick Reply: Cayenne Turbo Killer?