Bought a 2016 Cadillac ATS awd V6 premium. Love this thing!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 11:08 AM
Safety Car

Received 946 Likes on 650 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
Welcome to Cadillaczine. Bunch of Cadillac owners, including me, here. I've owned two CTS-Vs. I like the handling of the ATS, but that back seat is for midgets. That's the only bad thing I can say about the car.

You got a steal of a deal on that lightly used car! Good job!

Before my Vs, I never would have looked at Cadillac because I'm the original Honda homer/fanboi. Good thing I looked outside of Honda!
Yeah the back seat is pretty lame. Well actually the seat itself is very comfy, but you'll have to have the front seats moved up and bit, and the other problem is lack of head room on sunroof equipped ones. Fortunately that's not an issue for me as I never have other passengers in my car. I have a buddy looking at smaller sedans right now and he said the back seats in all these things are pretty bad. He took a look at the Lexus IS and said the same thing. I guess if rear seat is a concern and someone wants a Cadillac, CTS it is.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:53 AM
In the Mid-South meow

Received 2,157 Likes on 1,098 Posts
I keep coming to this thread and meaning to say congrats! The ATS has gotten so much praise in the automotive mag world, its great to see some actual owner feedback. All the best luck with it.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28
Well let's be clear here, not even the original owner paid 63k for the car.... or probably anywhere near it for that matter. That's just a reference of the original msrp because I had no idea you can price out an ATS so high.
I am still flabbergasted by that sticker. An ATS-V at that sticker makes would be very justifiable for me.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:59 AM
I like turtles

Received 139 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by F23A4
I am still flabbergasted by that sticker. An ATS-V at that sticker makes would be very justifiable for me.
Maybe if we are lucky, the ATS-V will drop in value just as quickly as his car did. Doubtful, but we can hope.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:03 AM
Safety Car

Received 946 Likes on 650 Posts
Originally Posted by F23A4
I agree, it's an expensive little sedan, but remember most aren't like this. For whatever reason this one had pretty much every accessory added and that's where more of the msrp came from. It seems that your average ATS awd premium would have a low 50k msrp, and purchased for somewhere in the mid to high 40's.
As far as the V, obviously that thing has got to be a blast to drive, but it's lacking some of the stuff that I would want that you just can't get. Adaptive cruise being a big one, all wheel drive the other. It's a performance vehicle so that's understood, but I want a do it all daily driver. Now if I just had that twin turbo V6 in this one and I would be in heaven.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
The ATS-V, at least in Canada, can very easily approach 100k, if optioned out. They are NOT cheap vehicles.

However, that being said, they pack a lot of stuff into them, at that price. They are very nicely appointed vehicles with a ton of luxury and racing features. Throw in a cage, and it'd be a street legal track car.