BMW Driving Event Cars vs. My '05 TL

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 01:46 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure what you mean. All 2010 E Classes w/Nav have media card input, hard drive for Nav, storing music, iPod cable or USB interface cable, voice activation, SIRIUS, SIRIUS traffic, back-up camera, HD radio, you can train the nav to understand your voice if you run into problems, Bluetooth w/voice tags (dial by name, etc...), and voice control over radio, etc. Most phones like iPhone allow for uploading contacts via Bluetooth to the nav. Also supports DVD-A and in park you can watch DVD movies on the screen. Don't forget about the Harman/Kardon surround sound, either. Very nice!

2008 E was a different story. You may not have been properly instructed as to how to use the new system.

The screen is not high def like new TL and you can't put a background image on it but that's kind of minor.

Originally Posted by cjTL
You're talking about the nav in the '10 E class being better than the 3G TL's, correct? I'd have to disagree compared to the 4G TL nav system.

The MB COMAND interface is ugly, IMO. Functional though.

Last edited by CL6; 07-22-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
^^
The 2008 E class system was atrocious. Even worse is the COMAND in my dad's 2007 GL. The newer COMAND is pretty nice- my mom's C class has it. I just can't stand the brown color scheme throughout it. Minor, yes. Even people over on MBWorld have complained about it. I like the 4G TL's interface better along with it's XM Weather and the ZAGAT ratings that are kind of a quirk, but cool none the less. The ELS sound system blows the doors off of Harmon Kardon. Both my parents' Benzes have the H/K system and it just sounds muddy and unclear, but then again most the time it's SIRIUS radio coming through so the quality might not be that great. Wish Acura would implement HD radio though.