Best tire set for 500? - Page 2 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

Best tire set for 500?

Old 12-19-2018, 01:33 AM
  #41  
How about this?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 3,529
Thanks: 0
Thanked 190 Times in 168 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post
why does it feel like this guy is 21 and not 31...

Me too!


I believe he had an Avalon since he was 21 so the TSX is him being 21!
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 12-19-2018, 02:04 AM
  #42  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Age: 31
Posts: 155
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Lol damn that thread really screwed me over in this forum. :P

Yes I am 31. I am light hearted.
Matt Lumpkins is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 02:28 AM
  #43  
How about this?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 3,529
Thanks: 0
Thanked 190 Times in 168 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Lumpkins View Post
Lol damn that thread really screwed me over in this forum. :P

Yes I am 31. I am light hearted.

Some of my epic fails!

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-tal...y-baby-943357/

https://acurazine.com/forums/technol...banned-944416/

And of course.....

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblin...y-hood-945468/
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 12-19-2018, 04:59 AM
  #44  
Registered Member
iTrader: (2)
 
horseshoez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Age: 62
Posts: 3,986
Thanked 696 Times in 527 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Lumpkins View Post
So why do you think my car wobbles and shakes now? Poor balancing? It is really freaking me out, and I have not had time to go back to the tire shop.
No, not balancing.
horseshoez is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 10:34 AM
  #45  
Ex-OEM King
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 5,446
Thanked 1,527 Times in 1,055 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Lumpkins View Post
So why do you think my car wobbles and shakes now? Poor balancing? It is really freaking me out, and I have not had time to go back to the tire shop.
Something is fucked up.

Best case, balancing is off. Worst case, you need new wheel bearings and/or suspension components.
SamDoe1 is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 09:16 PM
  #46  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Age: 31
Posts: 155
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Ok I got it balanced. They lost a fucking lug nut the other day! Dang, I am never going there again.

I think I will just chalk it up to these being eco-tires. My last set that came with the car were Michelin, and handled great, so I guess I was use to those.

The car drives a little better now that they balanced the tires. No wobbles or shakes. But the cornering is still not as good as my last set were.

I am going to try that 40-up-front air technique that someone in the thread recommended tomorrow and let you guys know if it helps any.

I am just going to save up for some wheels and tires.
Matt Lumpkins is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 09:26 PM
  #47  
Registered Member
 
wackjum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Age: 36
Posts: 4,257
Thanked 393 Times in 200 Posts
Sorry I might be late to this thread

For a car with no real sporting intentions, I cannot recommend the Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring enough. Very quiet, fairly reasonably priced, and at 50k miles, they still had plenty of tread left. I had a set on my Toyota Prius. When my car was totaled, I had about 48k on the Coopers and I think they could have gone another 20k-30k easily.
wackjum is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 09:29 PM
  #48  
How about this?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 3,529
Thanks: 0
Thanked 190 Times in 168 Posts
You noob!


I don't like the stokies anyway! Get Aspec, but I bet you'll go aftermarket!


TireRack will pre-install the tires on the rims for you, so it's a driveway job, and not putting 4 dirty used wheels in your car after having swapped at a shop!


#Michelin's4life!


Your car is going to be rice nice!!!


Midnight Mystery is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Midnight Mystery For This Useful Post:
Matt Lumpkins (12-19-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 10:46 PM
  #49  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Age: 31
Posts: 155
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Yeah, I am definitely going to start saving up for some rim and tire deals. These tires were a huge disappointment. I want my sporty handling back.. I am sure the TSX doesn't compare to some things out there, but it definitely blew away any car I have ever owned in the past... The handling is why I bought it!!
Matt Lumpkins is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 11:14 PM
  #50  
How about this?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 3,529
Thanks: 0
Thanked 190 Times in 168 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Lumpkins View Post
Yeah, I am definitely going to start saving up for some rim and tire deals. These tires were a huge disappointment. I want my sporty handling back.. I am sure the TSX doesn't compare to some things out there, but it definitely blew away any car I have ever owned in the past... The handling is why I bought it!!

I hear the 1gen is even better!


Hell, my RDX will drift with VSA off, due to SH-AWD!


I loved how my old TL handled, but it drove like a boat when parking or on slow corners. Push it hard and the double wishbone and 235 tires would make it hook!
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 12-19-2018, 11:15 PM
  #51  
How about this?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 3,529
Thanks: 0
Thanked 190 Times in 168 Posts
I like to hook, do you like to hook?
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 12-19-2018, 11:29 PM
  #52  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Age: 31
Posts: 155
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
im not cute enough to hook
Matt Lumpkins is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 11:38 PM
  #53  
How about this?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 3,529
Thanks: 0
Thanked 190 Times in 168 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Lumpkins View Post
im not cute enough to hook

Let us decide?

Last edited by Midnight Mystery; 12-19-2018 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Fart
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 12-20-2018, 02:39 PM
  #54  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Age: 31
Posts: 155
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
BUMP

I talked to the tire guys and they are going to let me exchange these tires for some Toyo HP tires. I know those arenít the BEST but I really want to like them because theyíre nice and cheap.

I know I wonít get good traction in the rain but as long as the dry handling is better than what I have, Iím happy with that!!!

any word on these tires? This appears to be my only option.
Matt Lumpkins is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 03:11 PM
  #55  
Registered Member
iTrader: (2)
 
horseshoez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Age: 62
Posts: 3,986
Thanked 696 Times in 527 Posts
I'm thinking you really need to step up your game; buying cheap tires is only good for as long as you don't need the extra grip or stability in an emergency situation.
horseshoez is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 03:26 PM
  #56  
Ex-OEM King
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 5,446
Thanked 1,527 Times in 1,055 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Lumpkins View Post
BUMP

I talked to the tire guys and they are going to let me exchange these tires for some Toyo HP tires. I know those arenít the BEST but I really want to like them because theyíre nice and cheap.

I know I wonít get good traction in the rain but as long as the dry handling is better than what I have, Iím happy with that!!!

any word on these tires? This appears to be my only option.
SamDoe1 is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 03:28 PM
  #57  
Moderator
 
thoiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 36,414
Thanked 5,650 Times in 4,527 Posts
Good thing it never rains in Texas...

..
.
.



thoiboi is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 03:41 PM
  #58  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Age: 31
Posts: 155
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I do need to step it up. This whole ordeal has been a huge pain. But man, I donít have $700+ to spend on tires. Otherwise Iíd DEF get Michalynn.

It does rain a lot here. Unfortunately itís gotten worse over the years. But I will just be careful in the rain. Itís worth the sacrifice because these current tires handle horribly!!
Matt Lumpkins is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 03:49 PM
  #59  
Ex-OEM King
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 5,446
Thanked 1,527 Times in 1,055 Posts
I'd sacrifice dry weather handling for wet traction every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Unfortunately you're not going to be able to do much better than the crappy tires you have now for $500 installed so you either need to save more or change your priorities around a bit.
SamDoe1 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to SamDoe1 For This Useful Post:
00TL-P3.2 (12-26-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 05:48 PM
  #60  
Moderator
 
thoiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 36,414
Thanked 5,650 Times in 4,527 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Lumpkins View Post
I do need to step it up. This whole ordeal has been a huge pain. But man, I donít have $700+ to spend on tires. Otherwise Iíd DEF get Michalynn.

It does rain a lot here. Unfortunately itís gotten worse over the years. But I will just be careful in the rain. Itís worth the sacrifice because these current tires handle horribly!!
Here's a crazy idea

Don't worry about inane scratches on your car:
https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wa...atches-975775/


Don't try to supercharge your car:
https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...out-do-975317/

or performance at all:
https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...2014-a-974075/


Don't get new rims:
https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...stions-975509/
https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...7s-18s-974614/

or a body kit:
https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...stions-974801/

Or worry about dim interior lights:

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...ighter-974707/


and just save that money for decent tires.




thoiboi is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to thoiboi For This Useful Post:
1killercls (01-02-2019)
Old 12-20-2018, 08:19 PM
  #61  
How about this?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 3,529
Thanks: 0
Thanked 190 Times in 168 Posts
I have Michelin Premiere's, and I find they have excellent wet/dry traction. It's an all-season tire, and it has a pretty firm sidewall. My tire guy messed up and gave me H instead of V, but they still handle great!


Cost about $800
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 12-21-2018, 03:37 AM
  #62  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Age: 31
Posts: 155
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
LOL! you are awesome

Originally Posted by thoiboi View Post
and Midnight, that would be awesome but Im onna budget right meow. I was gonna supercharge the car and/or get rims whenever I get my student grant refunds. I already got all my supplies so it is kinda car money.
Matt Lumpkins is offline  
Old 12-21-2018, 04:08 AM
  #63  
How about this?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 3,529
Thanks: 0
Thanked 190 Times in 168 Posts
From what I could get from that, new money goes to car, while old money is gone? Good thing...


#newmoney
Midnight Mystery is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Midnight Mystery For This Useful Post:
Matt Lumpkins (12-21-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 09:42 AM
  #64  
Ex-OEM King
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 5,446
Thanked 1,527 Times in 1,055 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Lumpkins View Post
LOL! you are awesome

and Midnight, that would be awesome but Im onna budget right meow. I was gonna supercharge the car and/or get rims whenever I get my student grant refunds. I already got all my supplies so it is kinda car money.
Bit of advice for you and you can take it or leave it, this is just my opinion.

Don't waste your money on car mods if you're on anything remotely resembling a budget. Tires, brakes, and basic maintenance are FAR more important than superchargers, wheels, and body kits.
SamDoe1 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamDoe1 For This Useful Post:
00TL-P3.2 (12-26-2018), Matt Lumpkins (12-21-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 03:32 PM
  #65  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Age: 31
Posts: 155
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Bit of advice for you and you can take it or leave it, this is just my opinion.

Don't waste your money on car mods if you're on anything remotely resembling a budget. Tires, brakes, and basic maintenance are FAR more important than superchargers, wheels, and body kits.
Thanks man. You are right.
Matt Lumpkins is offline  
Old 12-26-2018, 07:22 PM
  #66  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Age: 31
Posts: 155
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
BUMP :

Check it out, I got some Toyo Extensa HP II

It is raining, and they are gripping wonderfully. I read that in the II version they fixed some problems they were having with wet driving. The turns seem to be much more precise. I won't be able to give it a full test until it stops raining, but so far I can already feel that the handling is going to improve greatly. I am hoping that this set ends up being the best value because it was only $520 out the door to get them installed with free alignment.

Big ups.
Matt Lumpkins is offline  
Old 12-26-2018, 07:52 PM
  #67  
How about this?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 3,529
Thanks: 0
Thanked 190 Times in 168 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Lumpkins View Post
BUMP :

Check it out, I got some Toyo Extensa HP II

It is raining, and they are gripping wonderfully. I read that in the II version they fixed some problems they were having with wet driving. The turns seem to be much more precise. I won't be able to give it a full test until it stops raining, but so far I can already feel that the handling is going to improve greatly. I am hoping that this set ends up being the best value because it was only $520 out the door to get them installed with free alignment.

Big ups.


Glad you got the new tires!


Alignment? You mean balanced? Or did they do a front end alignment?


$520! Good deal!
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 12-27-2018, 07:40 PM
  #68  
Registered Member
 
oonowindoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,075
Thanked 2,432 Times in 1,694 Posts
What does alignment have to do with tire installation?

That is the type of BS all the car dealerships trying to sell you... you rotated your tires? u need alignment... you got new tires, you need alignment. You closed your door, you need an alignment!
oonowindoo is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 09:00 PM
  #69  
Registered Member
iTrader: (2)
 
horseshoez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Age: 62
Posts: 3,986
Thanked 696 Times in 527 Posts
Originally Posted by oonowindoo View Post
What does alignment have to do with tire installation?

That is the type of BS all the car dealerships trying to sell you... you rotated your tires? u need alignment... you got new tires, you need alignment. You closed your door, you need an alignment!
Change the oil, add a sticker, replace a burned out bulb...
horseshoez is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 09:14 PM
  #70  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Age: 31
Posts: 155
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Well the alignment is free there.

My car was veering to the left.

Once I got new tires.

It stopped.

Cuz science.
Matt Lumpkins is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 09:25 PM
  #71  
Registered Member
iTrader: (2)
 
horseshoez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Age: 62
Posts: 3,986
Thanked 696 Times in 527 Posts
Pulling to the left could just as easily be a bad tire as it could be an alignment out of spec. Glad everything is proper now.
horseshoez is offline  
Old 12-28-2018, 01:02 AM
  #72  
How about this?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 3,529
Thanks: 0
Thanked 190 Times in 168 Posts
Atleast she works now!!!


Ever got her to hook yet?
Midnight Mystery is online now  
Old 12-28-2018, 12:13 PM
  #73  
Registered Member
 
oonowindoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,075
Thanked 2,432 Times in 1,694 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Lumpkins View Post
Well the alignment is free there.

My car was veering to the left.

Once I got new tires.

It stopped.

Cuz science.
It could be.. but just for future reference, they will try to sell you alignment with everything. whether you need it or not.

What did the alignment #s look like? Before and After.
oonowindoo is offline  
Old 12-28-2018, 12:16 PM
  #74  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Age: 31
Posts: 155
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
Atleast she works now!!!


Ever got her to hook yet?
thanks. How do I ďget herĒ

ďto HookĒ sir?

Originally Posted by oonowindoo View Post
It could be.. but just for future reference, they will try to sell you alignment with everything. whether you need it or not.

What did the alignment #s look like? Before and After.
There werenít any digital tools or precision alignment tools used unfortunately. They raise it up in a machine and go under it and eyeball it

which is probably the reason they always say ďitís fineĒ

lol
Matt Lumpkins is offline  
Old 12-28-2018, 01:33 PM
  #75  
Registered Member
 
oonowindoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,075
Thanked 2,432 Times in 1,694 Posts
Wtf
oonowindoo is offline  
Old 12-28-2018, 01:47 PM
  #76  
Registered Member
iTrader: (2)
 
horseshoez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Age: 62
Posts: 3,986
Thanked 696 Times in 527 Posts
Originally Posted by oonowindoo View Post
Wtf
Agreed, trying to envision a TL dressed in fishnets, stiletto heels, a bustier, big hair, and lots of makeup standing on a street corner.
horseshoez is offline  
Old 12-28-2018, 02:29 PM
  #77  
Ex-OEM King
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 5,446
Thanked 1,527 Times in 1,055 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Lumpkins View Post
There werenít any digital tools or precision alignment tools used unfortunately. They raise it up in a machine and go under it and eyeball it

which is probably the reason they always say ďitís fineĒ

lol
If this is what's happening you need to find a new shop...
SamDoe1 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Yumcha
Automotive News
3
05-14-2008 01:26 AM
harrjar
Car Parts for Sale
3
10-18-2007 06:32 PM
loulax07
Car Parts for Sale
1
11-27-2005 05:11 PM
flint
Audio, Video, Electronics & Navigation
7
03-02-2005 11:17 AM
nippon_wa
Car Parts for Sale
8
02-25-2005 02:25 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best tire set for 500?


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.