Auto Insurance company not able to collect from other party

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto Insurance company not able to collect from other party

Auto Insurance company not able to collect from other party at fault's insurance company. This occurred Christmas 2007 and still hasn't been paid out. This guy back up into my dad's parked car n a parking lot. Luckily a security attendant witnessed it and made a preliminary report of the accident and reported it to the city. The damage was above the deductible so I went ahead and had the work done, paid my deductible. I've been in talks with the State Farm rep and she said that they're still trying to collect for the full amount of damages and cannot pay my deductible back to me until they do. It's only $500 plus I was going to tack on the rental car charges, but what's an acceptable period of time to let the insurance company battle it out before I bring this to small claims court?

cliffs
- guy backed into my parked car
- I paid deductible had things fixed, other party 100% at fault
- my insurance company unable to collect from other party's insurance
- what's an acceptable amount of time before it goes to court? It's already been 13 months.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:30 PM
S E L L

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Wow, I would think that this would've been sent to collections by now. If the other party's insurance refuses to pay the insurance will usually go after the other party. That sucks that you haven't been paid yet, it might be time to shop for a different insurance company.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Needs to clean up

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Typically it is 15months before insurance will start collection procedures on a Subrogation. What is the other party's insurance company ?