Audi customer service REALLY impressed me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 12:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi customer service REALLY impressed me!!!

So i bought a 2001 A6 2.7T 6 weeks ago from an Audi Dealer and it came with 38k miles and a full Audi Certified pre-owned program and warranty. admittedly i didnt do a whole lot of microscopic inspection of the car before i bought it. i drove it twice, loved it, the price was right, had to have it.

anyhow, after owning it for a few weeks i got the windows tinted, bought the RS6 spoiler, and got a V1, its starting to look like something. So upon closer inspection, i noticed some paint chipping off the front passanger side fender, and i came to the conclusion that at some point, both fenders and the bumper had been repaired and repainted. and by a PRETTY LOUSY bodyshop. the fenders feel and look like orange peels when you really get close and take a look. the bumper has some chipping and clearcoat flecking off.

i went back to the dealer, and without much of a fight, they agreed to pay to have it taken to a very good body shop in town that they have a relationship with and pay to have the entire front end repainted and repainted. replace and paint one fender, replace the other, paint the hood, paint the bumper. in addition to supplying me with a free loaner car (A6) while my A6 is in the shop.

i really feel good about this and im pretty impressed with their service and respect ive been treated with. im just a 24 year old single dude, its not like im a lifetime customer of theirs or anything but they treated me with respect and i have to say so far, i am loving every second of my audi ownership. my car has been in to the shop twice now, once for another issue, that was very quickly and easily resolved, including the same type of top notch treatment. at this rate, i will be an audi customer for life.

by the way, the accident that preceded the crappy paint job was cosmetic in nature, there was no frame damage or engine damage, etc. they didnt have to even replace a single body panel, all panels are original...albeit, the fenders have some bondo. but regardless, the body shop thats taking it in next week for me is going to redo all of that work and make sure it looks good as new and the paint matches. anyone have any idea what its actually costing the dealer to cover this for me?? a fellow A6 member told me just to get his doors fixed and repainted recently was approaching 2,000 bucks!!! damn!
Old 04-20-2004, 12:21 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad to hear they are treating you right.

How about some updated pics of the car?
Old 04-20-2004, 12:23 PM
Dan
Safety Car

Received 220 Likes on 127 Posts
"So upon closer inspection, i noticed some paint chipping off the front passanger side fender, and i came to the conclusion that at some point, both fenders and the bumper had been repaired and repainted. and by a PRETTY LOUSY bodyshop. the fenders feel and look like orange peels when you really get close and take a look. the bumper has some chipping and clearcoat flecking off. "

Sounds like they got caught and figured they better take care of it ASAP. Glad they are fixing it for you.
Dan
Old 04-20-2004, 12:37 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Chaptorial
Glad to hear they are treating you right.

How about some updated pics of the car?
im gonna take some before and after pics of some of the bad body work and ill post it. i need new rims REALLY bad. the car come stock with really ugly 5 spoke 16" rims im in love with the OEM RS4 18" 9 spoke rims, im holding out for a set of those. brand new they are 743 bucks a peice from a dealer, no tires included....online, about 615 a peice, brand new per wheel. i gotta wait for a good ebay auction
Old 04-20-2004, 12:42 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Jim... Once the body shop removes the panels to paint, etc have them check for any frame/structural damage.

If it's been wrecked, you never know what's underneath.

Just a thought...
Old 04-20-2004, 12:52 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Scrib
Jim... Once the body shop removes the panels to paint, etc have them check for any frame/structural damage.

If it's been wrecked, you never know what's underneath.

Just a thought...
good point, i will talk to them about making sure things look alright. however, i dunno, i mean considering this shop has a long standing relationship with the audi dealer, they may not be quick to point out stuff like that to me, if, it did exist. i could always request to be allowed to personally see the car with the panels off. thats what i may do. god, thats gonna look scary, my beautiful car, all taken apart, lol
Old 04-20-2004, 03:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 10,939 Likes on 5,546 Posts
only the German companies will do this level of service..... ok maybe Lexus.

Kinda related, my friend had a 2003 SL500 that he took in for an oil change. What does he get as a loaner? Brand new ML320. Now he has a 2001 911 Turbo. What does he get as a loaner? Cayenne.

crazy.

I take my Supra (that I used to have) to Toyota - it's a nice Toyota, right? I ask for a loaner? What do I get?? NADA!!!!! NOTHING!!!!!!! "Sorry, we don't have loaners". Bunk - yes you do. Anyways.

Crazy level of service..... kudos to Audi.

rrr
Old 04-20-2004, 03:32 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I have to agree with Jim on this one. My best friend has a A6 and every time he has it serviced they treat him like he was thier last custromer and give him a A6 loaner. What do I get when I go to the dealer a Cavalier:o
Old 04-20-2004, 04:28 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, i didnt know audi service was that good
Old 04-20-2004, 10:32 PM
Instructor

And plus, for as long as you have a bumper to bumper warranty on the car, you pay nothing for anything (scheduled maintenance, oil change, brake rotor/pads change, bulbs, even windshield wipers) My brother has an A4 and before the warranty expired he used to seem like a happy man but now, he's not too happy spending money on his car. lol
Old 04-21-2004, 02:23 AM
Race Director

agreed

i LOVE audi service here too!

you guys wont believe this, but when they realized that they messed up my windshield as an accident, they not only fixed it for me for free, apologized, but they gave me a a U.S. spec RS6 as a loaner, at this time, the RS6 wasnt even widely available in canada, and this was the first dealership to have one.

my dealer treats me like a king, and im only 21....acura on the other hand, i dont even wanna talk about them fools.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:25 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by ball4lyfe
And plus, for as long as you have a bumper to bumper warranty on the car, you pay nothing for anything (scheduled maintenance, oil change, brake rotor/pads change, bulbs, even windshield wipers) My brother has an A4 and before the warranty expired he used to seem like a happy man but now, he's not too happy spending money on his car. lol

all you gotta pay for is tires, thats it

anytime u want u go in and they will top off your oil, washer fluid, ANYTHING except tires and gas.

My dealership will even clean your car for FREE ANYTIME, but you gotta wait 45 minutes...but still, if u have nothin to do, or if u know the guy at the front, you dont have to wait very long
Old 04-21-2004, 07:45 AM
Spectacular Aroma About

Originally posted by jimcol711
im in love with the OEM RS4 18" 9 spoke rims, im holding out for a set of those. brand new they are 743 bucks a peice from a dealer, no tires included....online, about 615 a peice, brand new per wheel. i gotta wait for a good ebay auction
Keep in mind that those will most likely stick out past the fenders on a stock bodied A6. You may want to test fit a rim with the same dimensions and offset before you buy. Too bad you can't get the V8/RS fender flares on the 2.7t.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:19 AM
Banned

Originally posted by ChadT
Keep in mind that those will most likely stick out past the fenders on a stock bodied A6. You may want to test fit a rim with the same dimensions and offset before you buy. Too bad you can't get the V8/RS fender flares on the 2.7t.

actually, these particular wheels fit just fine, in fact they come stock on some of the 2003-2004 A6 2.7T, as an option from the dealer. you are correct though, there are quite a few OEM audi rims that only fit on the cars with fender flares (A6 4.2, etc)