Another EVO bites the dust *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 10:05 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
is that a state digital camera ??????? hehehehe
as soon as i saw that pic. i 'm like i know where that is, it's been a while since i've been there
Old 03-12-2004, 11:26 PM
2 C Not 2 Touch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a Loser!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2004, 10:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Damn, I need to get a new funeral home up and running ASAP...
Old 03-13-2004, 10:53 AM
Masshole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ :sqnteek:

Old 03-13-2004, 02:32 PM
Banned

Originally posted by anothercls
I didn't see where he hit a concrete barrier, but that sucks.

The story about the two guys dying is pretty bad. Mitsubishi should try to make the car safer, but at the same time people shouldn't drive them so fast.
But this is the reason that people are buying these cars, and this is how they are marketed to all of us consumers. I mean look at all the wrx commercials bosting about there amazing 0-60 times, for christ sakes the wrx doesnt even come with a radio the only other cars i know of no radios stock are race/nascars, the car is meant to go fast and people are doing it off the track ect.. blah blah blah....u get the point, and even if misubishi makes it safer how safe can any car be going 100?

yea the story is sad but you dont learn until you actually get caught unfortuately these guys dont have a 2nd chance
Old 03-13-2004, 04:49 PM
Got BOOST????

Originally posted by Beltfed
In today's paper........

Two killed were best friends
Police say neither were wearing their seatbelts, but there is no evidence alcohol or drugs were involved

BY JENNIFER SMITH
STAFF WRITER

March 12, 2004

Stephanie Danieleski didn't start to worry about where her boyfriend was until after dark on Wednesday, a few hours after he told her he was going to work out with a friend.

When Danieleski didn't hear from Mark Citera Jr. by 8:30, she tried to call his friend, William Parente, 20, of Yaphank, on his cell phone. She didn't try calling Citera, 22, because he had told her earlier he had dropped his phone off to recharge at his parent's house in Yaphank, where the couple lived. Parente never picked up.

Both Citera and Parente, his best friend, had been killed after Parente lost control of his white Mitsubishi Evolution and hit a tree on the south service road of Sunrise Highway in Bayport, Suffolk police said.

Danieleski, 20, saw the aftermath of the accident as she drove to Sunrise Highway looking for Citera and Parente. At 10:30 p.m. she spotted the crumpled wreckage of Parente's vehicle.

"I saw it, and I knew," she said. She and Citera had been together for four years, Danieleski said.

Citera, an apprentice butcher, and Parente, who worked at his family's electrical business, had been traveling southeast on Veterans Memorial Highway around 6:40 p.m. when Parente apparently lost control of the car at the merge with the service road, Fifth Squad Det. Lt. Edward Reilly said. After failing to negotiate the curve, the car crossed over a dirt median and both eastbound lanes of the service road, striking a tree about 10 feet south off the roadway.

Family and police said Citera, who played baseball in high school, and Parente were on their way back from working out at Danieleski's mother's apartment complex in Holbrook.

"They each needed somebody else to go to the gym with," Danieleski said. "Billy, he was one of Mark's best friends." They'd been going to the fitness center for about three weeks, Danieleski said.

A witness told police the car was speeding, but Reilly said he had no estimate as to how fast.

Neither Parente nor Citera, who was in the passenger seat, was wearing a seat belt, police said. The cause of death is unknown, pending autopsy reports, police said. "There is no evidence of alcohol or drugs involved," Reilly said. The car has been impounded for safety tests.

Parente's family said he was a loving son who lived with his parents. "We're very, very close," said his uncle, Richard Parente of Yaphank. "He was a ball of joy, just the best kid."

Citera lived with his girlfriend, his parents and younger brother and sister and had just been promoted to apprentice butcher at the Stop & Shop in Setauket where he worked, Danieleski said.

"He was a caring kid and a loving kid," said Citera's father, Mark Citera Sr

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/lo...nute-headlines
I read that in newsday too. Both weret wearing seat belts. Very unfortunate.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Sold but not Forgotten...

dishearting to see that.... a young life just lost cuz something real stupid...

At the same time EVO should improve their safety ratings.. In canada you can buy the EVO because it doesn't meet the Canadian 10 mph bumper safety regulation. It fails the 10 mph test... for gods sake the amount of money that is put into research I am pretty sure you can come up with a better design.