Alright, updated pics of my M45 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 06:31 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MattT516
For the record Ed, you're one of the rudest individuals I've ever met in my entire life. This isn't about your comment above, but you've been nothing but rude to me on several occasions, even in person or on this board. If you don't know what I'm referring to, I'm talking about last summer at Erskine Street when you had the nerve to say my TL-S was ugly because it wasn't dropped and my wheels were ugly right in front of me. Forget my car not having class - I think you should look at yourself and book a trip to etiquette school.

Jatt, I'm not black - I never knew car customization had a correspondence with race.

Jesal and others, I actually agree with you guys on the whole thing about having a staggered setup, but finding 22's in a staggered fitment that'll fit without major modifications is nearly impossible. I would've went with staggered 20's but going one inch up for a significant amount of money made no sense to me at all. That was my whole reason for going for 22's - it was actually doable and it was worth the money to me.

Fabrikated, I would send you my list of expenses and my weekly paycheck but I feel no reason to do so. I would have nothing but respect if you drove an expensive car at a young age. I just got home from working all night, just to let you know.

And for the record, I had the Best of Cash Money DVD on and ''Bling Bling'' happened to be on when my electronics guy took the picture. It was purely unintentional - or at least I think it was. I'm not particularly a fan of their music but they do have good videos.

I honestly value everyone's opinion - don't think that I don't. It's obvious that negative feedback is inevitable and it's certainly welcomed. Keep it coming, I'm actually enjoying your different opinions - I just had some things that had to be said. That's all.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...9&postcount=31

Stop acting like a jack ass, a few short months ago you post its a lease and your father's paying the insurance on it other wise you couldn't afford it. Your also working 7 days a week to enjoy a leased car... youth

There is no way your penis is that small, its not possible.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:03 AM
on to the next one...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jesal and others, I actually agree with you guys on the whole thing about having a staggered setup, but finding 22's in a staggered fitment that'll fit without major modifications is nearly impossible. I would've went with staggered 20's but going one inch up for a significant amount of money made no sense to me at all. That was my whole reason for going for 22's - it was actually doable and it was worth the money to me.

While I would have gone with staggered 20's w/ a slight drop myself, the 22's fit very nicely...I just hope your car has pothole radar.

I like the black 22's with the polished lip as well. I'm not a fan of the pattern at all...but they all look the same at 20 mph anyway...

Regardless of my opinion, or anyone elses opinion, you definitely have a car you can be proud of.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:08 AM
on to the next one...

Originally Posted by Tireguy
https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...9&postcount=31

Stop acting like a jack ass, a few short months ago you post its a lease and your father's paying the insurance on it other wise you couldn't afford it. Your also working 7 days a week to enjoy a leased car... youth

There is no way your penis is that small, its not possible.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:17 AM
Suzuka Master

To each his own...as long as you like it.

You dont need to justify yourself on AZ. Most of their negative attitudes towards spending massive amount of money in your teens probably stem from their own mistakes. But for the record, I agree with them.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:26 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Looks good Matt..
Old 06-16-2006, 08:45 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Originally Posted by bgsm1th
Don't get me wrong, I was very much the same when I was younger. When I was 18 I wanted to show the world how much I had, so I leased a new Cadillac, and had a $30k stereo installed in it. The biggest mistake I've ever made was getting that car and then doing shit to it all to impress people.... fast forward 6 years down the road, now that I have "made it" not only do I have no desire to impress others, I actually try to hide it and not purchase flashy things people will notice. I guess its called growing up, or changing your values and what's important to you.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:13 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Damn..my boy just emailed me and said he has an appointment for his M35x that Infiniti gives him a free diagnostic, car wash, and catered lunch.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:37 AM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Definately do not think that it goes with the image of the car, nor would I do any of that.

But then again I'm a white ass Irishman and if I put rap videos and those wheels on a car like that I'd get laughed at.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I like the car but not the rims...

Also, is it possible to watch the rear screen when someone is driving? It looks like it would hit me in the right shoulder.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:44 AM

Old 06-16-2006, 09:56 AM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts

Jatt, I'm not black - I never knew car customization had a correspondence with race.
Car customization, no... ghetto fabulous rims, cash money on the dvd player, and a bunch of black guys hanging out in the background of your pictures... do tend to give the impression you are black though.

And you know what we think about black people round here...
Old 06-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
now that you've disclosed where your hidden DVD player is, are you going to find a new place to hide it?
Old 06-16-2006, 11:04 AM
My M45 loves to eat rice

Originally Posted by Ashburner

Also, is it possible to watch the rear screen when someone is driving? It looks like it would hit me in the right shoulder.
Of course it is. It's purely for show but people in the backseat could watch it while I'm driving. It doesn't interfere with the frontseat passengers when it's down. It does completely restrict any sight out of the rearview mirror whatsoever. Like someone else said, I drive 20 mph now anyway so it really doesn't make a difference.

Beet, I live in Brooklyn - it isn't suburbia. I know plenty of black people, and that black kid with the dreads happens to do electronics work on my car. He's pretty good at it too. I would've put DMB on the screen instead but I don't think a live performance of ''Ants Marching'' would've gotten the same effect.

And Tireguy, and you said it yourself - spending money on things like this is all a part of youth. For now I'm happy with what I'm spending money on, but I know what I have to do in the future.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:16 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

And Tireguy, and you said it yourself - spending money on things like this is all a part of youth. For now I'm happy with what I'm spending money on, but I know what I have to do in the future.
If your happy with it, that should be the only thing that matters. Telling another how to spend their earned money is probably the quickest way to get into an arguement. Enjoy it!
Old 06-16-2006, 11:53 AM

hey Matt, i don't know if you mentioned or not but who did the work on the car?
Old 06-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Yeehaw

Beet, I live in Brooklyn - it isn't suburbia. I know plenty of black people, and that black kid with the dreads happens to do electronics work on my car. He's pretty good at it too. I would've put DMB on the screen instead but I don't think a live performance of ''Ants Marching'' would've gotten the same effect.

Should have put on some Jimmy Buffett
Old 06-16-2006, 01:01 PM
My M45 loves to eat rice

Originally Posted by Blazin_TL
hey Matt, i don't know if you mentioned or not but who did the work on the car?
I bought the wheels at Peter's Tires on Linden Blvd and I did the electronics work at Hi-Tech on Utica and Flatlands - both places in Brooklyn. I actually like both places and I've been a customer for a few years now and I know the owners. I think both installs came out fairly well. I don't mess around with 212 Motoring, Total Performance, or any of those ripoff shops in Brooklyn - they may do good work but they'll take your shirt along with it. I obviously feel more comfortable going to someone I know.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Racer

22" rims look ridiculous in my humble opinion.....really takes away from the lines of an otherwise nice looking ride. 20" or more on a sedan like that just doesn't look right to me.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Tireguy
fast forward 6 years down the road, now that I have "made it" not only do I have no desire to impress others, I actually try to hide it and not purchase flashy things people will notice. I guess its called growing up, or changing your values and what's important to you.
I would say it's the changing values/priorities aspect....... I mean what car enthusiast doesn't want a really hot car? Of which usually get noticed, some vehicles more than others obviously.

It's the growing with age part where "most" people have to start choosing certain things over others (whether it's a home, kids, changing interests, etc).

Oh, and no I don't endorse dumping thousands of $ into stuff for a car. The most I ever put into a car was a little over $5k for the Mcoupe I had and regret ever doing it.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:11 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not a fan of the rims, I acutally like the stock rims better but if you like it, that's all that matters. Nice car, though!
Old 06-16-2006, 03:50 PM
Oh well it's

Originally Posted by heyitsme
We've identified one white boy.

Yeah.....if you say so
Old 06-16-2006, 10:43 PM
Racer

hey man im loving those wheels. dont know y everyone hates them. i go to nyu too. maybe ill see u around sometime...i always used to see ur tls by kimmel. great wheels man, matches nice with the red. ive spent over 6k on my 04 tl since i got it and plan to put in another 5k.
btw 22's look great on that car, i think they fit it perfectly man.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:10 AM
O.G.

Car looks good but definitely not feeling the rims.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:47 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Originally Posted by fabrikated
i still don't get how a guy who just turned 20 can afford all of this.
Come on now I am quite sure Mommy and Daddy had a part in it.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:03 AM
Suzuka Master

Actually the car looks nice. I like the wheels but am less enthusiastic about that red brick type of paint color. I'm sure the car will attract a lot of attention from everyone including the popo.

PS: Are you sure those wheels can stand up to Brooklyn's potholes?
Old 06-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1killercls
Come on now I am quite sure Mommy and Daddy had a part in it.

nah i think his dad just helps with his insurance. He's pretty successful for his age. Not all of us 19-22 year olds work at wendy's Don't judge a book by its cover.

I think the rims look nice but the lack of functionality would make me go smaller.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Yeehaw

Originally Posted by SSMTL01
nah i think his dad just helps with his insurance. He's pretty successful for his age. Not all of us 19-22 year olds work at wendy's Don't judge a book by its cover.

Not trying to start an argument here, I could care less where his money comes from... but in my life I have met very few 20 year olds who can afford to live in Brooklyn, attend NYU, and afford a car like this on their own.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BEETROOT
Not trying to start an argument here, I could care less where his money comes from... but in my life I have met very few 20 year olds who can afford to live in Brooklyn, attend NYU, and afford a car like this on their own.
He doesn't. He lives at home and commutes to school. Hes stated this before, thats why his car is his only expense.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:50 PM
East Coast Boost.!

dude my only question is how the helll do you drive around with 30's? where can you go without hitting a pothole?
Old 06-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Yeehaw

Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
He doesn't. He lives at home and commutes to school. Hes stated this before, thats why his car is his only expense.
Exactly. SSMTL01 said "i think his dad just helps with his insurance."

If he lives at home, I doubt he pays rent, utilities, food, etc. So his dad helps with a lot more than just his insurance. He's probably not paying tuition either.

Again, not knocking it, just putting it out there.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:11 PM
My M45 loves to eat rice

Originally Posted by Titand19
dude my only question is how the helll do you drive around with 30's? where can you go without hitting a pothole?
Andy, I drove on the Belt Parkway, both towards Bay Ridge and Howard Beach, and I tried mapping out the potholes and what lanes to take. It was pretty brutal - good thing work is very close to home. Once school starts again and I have to commute to school, I'll definitely be back to my stock wheels.

Beet, Brett is right - I live at home with my parents and I work to pay for my car, cell phone bill, and any other expenses I should have at this age. I have a privileged life, I'm not going to deny that - but I also work hard to pay for my own expenses, whether it be by school or work. I'm actually going to work in 45 minutes. The whole deal was that if I worked hard enough in school to get money off from college and commute, then he'd take care of my insurance since I'd be driving from Brooklyn to Manhattan everyday. I don't know why everyone is so curious about my life and why I afford what I can - all I wanted to do was ask what people thought of my car, just like everyone else does on this board. Oh well, hopefully I answered everyone's ''concerns''.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Yeehaw

Beet, Brett is right - I live at home with my parents and I work to pay for my car, cell phone bill, and any other expenses I should have at this age. I have a privileged life, I'm not going to deny that - but I also work hard to pay for my own expenses, whether it be by school or work. I'm actually going to work in 45 minutes. The whole deal was that if I worked hard enough in school to get money off from college and commute, then he'd take care of my insurance since I'd be driving from Brooklyn to Manhattan everyday. I don't know why everyone is so curious about my life and why I afford what I can - all I wanted to do was ask what people thought of my car, just like everyone else does on this board. Oh well, hopefully I answered everyone's ''concerns''.

Because typically college students, even those from 'privileged' backgrounds, don't have the cash for cars like this. For most of us, any extra money from side jobs would go to the expenses of college life. More power to you if you worked out this deal with your parents though, I would be pretty pumped to drive something like that around. Although it does seem like a shame to have to baby it so much with those rims.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I don't know why everyone is so curious about my life and why I afford what I can - all I wanted to do was ask what people thought of my car, just like everyone else does on this board. Oh well, hopefully I answered everyone's ''concerns''.
Because that's the nature of the beast, people are naturally curious as to how a young individual drives a $50k car. You'll find people who hate you for it and others who will wish you all the best with it.

But really, this day in age........who gives a shit how you got it? I certainly don't.

The point is that you have it.

People just don't realize or care to notice (not all people) that some parents assist their kids financially more than others.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Rooting for Acura

Received 1,765 Likes on 804 Posts
My wife just walked in the room while I was opening this thread and said, "that's ugly". Women....

I don't think its ugly, just a little to pimp for my personal taste. But then again, you probably wouldn't like my 17s either.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:46 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey Whats Up Man, We Met At Th Meet In Bklyn On Oct 15, My Car Was The Silver Cl W/ The Dent,lol. Dude Ur M45 Is Hot, Have U Figured Out What That Camera In The Front Is For?
Old 10-19-2006, 01:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LUTHOR-CL
Hey Whats Up Man, We Met At Th Meet In Bklyn On Oct 15, My Car Was The Silver Cl W/ The Dent,lol. Dude Ur M45 Is Hot, Have U Figured Out What That Camera In The Front Is For?
If you are refering to the camera in the front windshield of the M...its for the early lane departure warning system.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally Posted by LUTHOR-CL
Shoot him a PM instead of digging up a dead topic...

Plus, I'm not even sure what you said...