The Acura Drifting Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 01:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Always Dirty
I very strongly doubt this for some reason.
Not drifting, but in a open, empty lot, practicing losing control of the car.

Originally Posted by TLover
From personal experience I know cops DON'T like it. Some of my friends learned the hard way.
A fair amount of cops I know in Jersey say its a good way to learn for first time drivers. They get pissed if you go 60 mph in the lot, but if you do it as safely as possible. Maybe I should have said some cops.

Last edited by mclarenf3387; 01-19-2005 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TLover
From personal experience I know cops DON'T like it. Some of my friends learned the hard way.

Personally in that case, Id stop appoligise, explain in trying to learn how the car controls in the snow, appoligise again and leave, cops really dont give you shit if u treat them right, being a fireman helps, but the right attitude helps more... and TLover, once again please leavet his thread alone...thankyou
Old 01-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by MemRheins
Please guys, this could be a cool thread if u will stop Bitching and ruining it

If you wanna have some fun, and share it with us, find yourself a safe parking lot, and post some pics in this thread.... Dont come here to bitch.... Thankyou

- Memphis
You can say i'm the only one that thinks its cool... i'm not bitching about this thread... i think it is cool to see others interested in the same things as I... I also contributed with my own pics... although they were after pics... it should serve as a warning to the drifters of this forum... 2 out of 100,000,000 memebers... just be carefull when doing it... i've done it for a while now... but a week ago it got the better of me... its an even trade i say... i got the pleasure from it... the excitement (while it lasted) and then finally got by the curb...

Still, i wouldn't mind seeing pics of other members busting some drifts... just be carefull out there... to anyone that tries it...
Old 01-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by spooky3ce
You can say i'm the only one that thinks its cool... i'm not bitching about this thread... i think it is cool to see others interested in the same things as I... I also contributed with my own pics... although they were after pics... it should serve as a warning to the drifters of this forum... 2 out of 100,000,000 memebers... just be carefull when doing it... i've done it for a while now... but a week ago it got the better of me... its an even trade i say... i got the pleasure from it... the excitement (while it lasted) and then finally got by the curb...

Still, i wouldn't mind seeing pics of other members busting some drifts... just be carefull out there... to anyone that tries it...

Once again im sorry about ur car
Old 01-19-2005, 01:32 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
Its legal and many cops encourage it(as long as the owner doen't get pissed). Spending time in a praking lot alone sliding the car around helps you to learn its limits and lets you practice losing control. That way you don't learn for the first time while sliding down a public road toward an oncoming car.

to a certain extent...

1. Cops do encourage it... but like every other law theres a BUT!!! in it... you can practice lose of control in your automobile as long as it is in a safe and un-populated lot... (parking lots like at the mall is , take if from someone that knows... cops don't like it and the owners of the stores that pay the fees don't like it) Maybe, if your city has an industrial side to it and there is a deserted (spelling: i mean empty/not in use) building's parking lot... somewhere where the screetching tires won't bother anyone etc...

other then that... its illegal... especially on a road... regardless of how deserted it is...
Old 01-19-2005, 05:37 PM
Banned

to a certain extent...

1. Cops do encourage it... but like every other law theres a BUT!!! in it... you can practice lose of control in your automobile as long as it is in a safe and un-populated lot... (parking lots like at the mall is , take if from someone that knows... cops don't like it and the owners of the stores that pay the fees don't like it) Maybe, if your city has an industrial side to it and there is a deserted (spelling: i mean empty/not in use) building's parking lot... somewhere where the screetching tires won't bother anyone etc...

other then that... its illegal... especially on a road... regardless of how deserted it is...
Good Post
Old 01-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Race Director

Old 01-19-2005, 11:03 PM
Dipset All Day, Everyday

Old 01-20-2005, 01:38 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by HellaShookOne
antoher pic... any more out there??? thats an awsome pic... so explain... did you use inertia... or the e-brake to get you car to loose control... cuz from where i'm sitting it looks like you used inertia to get your car to drift... nice pic btw...
Old 01-20-2005, 09:06 AM
Dipset All Day, Everyday

antoher pic... any more out there??? thats an awsome pic... so explain... did you use inertia... or the e-brake to get you car to loose control... cuz from where i'm sitting it looks like you used inertia to get your car to drift... nice pic btw...
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166153

Heres a couple more here. Not really with drifting though. You can get the CL to slide all you want. Just turn off VSA and swing the ass around and goose it once the back starts to slip. Its something I would only try on ice. In all honesty, our cars aren't really meant for 'drifting', but they will slide just like any other car
As for teh old people, settle. You used to do that shit too
I would never ever try to 'drift' my car around in the street