30 minutes after a Yamaha YZF- R1 was taken of the lot

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 10:17 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Originally Posted by UNCTYPE-S
thank you for proving my point.

Your quote:
True, but again, you said "sportsbikes dont kill riders". Like I said, that is not 100% true. The bike itself contains no safety features to keep someone alive in any situation, involving cars or not. That's all.
...again you blame the bike.

My quote:
^^ If you want to split hairs, the sportbike did not kill the rider in this case either....it was the moron in the SUV that was not paying attention to the road that killed the rider.
...the fault lies in your hypothetical SUV driver and not the bike.

How this proves your point
Old 04-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now this was not the rider's fault.

sun-sentinel.com
Posted April 3 2007, 8:21 AM EDT

WEST BOCA -- A 20-year-old man riding a motorcycle was killed in a crash about 7:45 p.m. Monday on Lyons Road north of Glades Road west of Boca Raton, the Sheriff's Office said.

James Adams, of suburban Boca Raton , who was wearing a helmet, was southbound on Lyons Road approaching the intersection of South Charleston Road when Halvor Roberts, 71, also of suburban Boca Raton, turned his 2005 Jeep in the path of the 1999 Yamaha.

Adams was ejected, landed on the street and pronounced dead at the scene, investigators said.

Roberts was not injured.

Charges are pending the outcome of the investigation, PBSO said
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...tory?track=rss
Old 04-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
How this proves your point
omg dude, seriously. I'm talking literally about the bike. Whether the rider caused the accident or not, the bike kills the rider BECAUSE there's no protection.

Take this for example, a guy buys a new vette, flies off with it down the street, loses control, and hits a car. Most likely he is still going to survive, as oppose to a bike flying off the lot down the street into another car. Get my drift?
Old 04-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by taitando
That's too bad about what happened. There are inherent risks when riding, but everyone should take the MSF course at least once regardless. Especially before walking into the dealer's showroom and buying those 1000cc crotch rockets.

Yes. But the responsibility should not be placed on the dealership to ensure a rider is experienced enough to handle the bike. That would just be ridiculous. It's a free market and I should be able to purchase any good or service I choose regardless of my experience. I don't need the government to hold my hand when I decide where and how to spend my money.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:41 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Originally Posted by UNCTYPE-S
omg dude, seriously. I'm talking literally about the bike. Whether the rider caused the accident or not, the bike kills the rider BECAUSE there's no protection.

Take this for example, a guy buys a new vette, flies off with it down the street, loses control, and hits a car. Most likely he is still going to survive, as oppose to a bike flying off the lot down the street into another car. Get my drift?
<-- beats head against wall.

By your logic my shoes would be at fault if I got hit by a car crossing the street, or my mountain bike killed me when a car hit me or if I crashed into a car.
If a pilot crashes a plane due to pilot error and all the passengers die, I guess it's the airplanes fault.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Moto Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrsteve
Yes. But the responsibility should not be placed on the dealership to ensure a rider is experienced enough to handle the bike. That would just be ridiculous. It's a free market and I should be able to purchase any good or service I choose regardless of my experience. I don't need the government to hold my hand when I decide where and how to spend my money.
Read carefully what I posted. I didn't mention anything about the dealership being responsible for anything. The rider needs to take responsibility, hence take the MSF course before walking into a dealership. If you can't ride and go out to buy a 1000cc crotch rocket, then you're responsible for yourself and whoever else you may hurt. This goes the same for riders or cagers.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

Seems to be Standard in South FL

HOLLYWOOD – Police said a man found lying in a roadway near the Dania Beach Bridge on Tuesday was a motorcyclist who had crashed into a guardrail earlier in the morning.

The body of Philip Berte, 56, of Hollywood, was found by a patrolling police officer around 2:20 a.m., Capt. Tony Rode, police spokesman, said in an e-mailed statement.

Berte was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital in grave condition and died there a short time later.

Rode said no other vehicles were involved in the fatal crash. Investigation revealed Berte was on a Harley-Davidson and was eastbound on Dania Beach Boulevard and approaching the drawbridge over the Intracoastal Waterway when the motorcycle struck a guardrail.

He was ejected over the guardrail onto the pavement. He was not wearing a protective helmet, Rode said.

Traffic Homicide Units continue to investigate the accident.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...tory?track=rss