1 of the 3 Genesis in the United States...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 08:19 PM
I disagree with unanimity

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
the one i sat in at the chicago auto show was very nice, despite the millions of people that sat in it. it was very comfortable and the fit and finish was excellent. it didn't have that badge on the grill (it was plain billet) and it looked sexy. it also had a V8. aside from the hyandai on the trunk, nobody would know it was a hyundai. if the production version has the looks and the engine of the concept, i am sold.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JJaber06
Looks like a rip off of all the luxury cars in the same price range....

Interior looks like a clash between the S-class,M45, and CLS....front end looks like an RL and LS460...rear trunk looks like the 7 series...the light stack looks like the LS and the rear valance looks like the RL's....

And those rims...look like some cheap ASA wheels tire rack always has on special
c'mon, this car is coming from the country that brought us these:

Old 02-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Advanced

Yea this Hyundai sega genesis looks like a hodgepodge of a bunch of different cars inside and out. They need their own identity.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:32 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Walmart Gangsta

are you retarded? Hyundai is a Korean brand, not Chinese.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Banned

stfu..how do you know where they came from..it was joke anyway..doesnt even matter
Old 02-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

When did Korea become part of China????
Old 02-26-2008, 09:45 PM
mmmmmm....

stfu..how do you know where they came from..it was joke anyway..doesnt even matter
I actually do know where they came from, dumb ass. Do some fucking research before talking crap like that. ignorant ass.

Last edited by S14 n Tsx; 02-26-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:47 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Received 2,157 Likes on 1,098 Posts
I personally love where Hyundai has gone in the past few years. I loved the last Tiberon design when it first came out and I love the fact that they're actually going to produce cars that give people what they want, an affordable import RWD platform. I think everyone that's bashing Hyundai is just jealous because of the way Honda has been handling things lately.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx
I actually do know where they came from, dumb ass. Do some fucking research before talking crap like that. ignorant ass.
ya..i bet you bought all that crap...haha
Old 02-26-2008, 10:00 PM
mmmmmm....

ya..i bet you bought all that crap...haha
umm, no! btw, what so funny about it?

I don't want to trash this thread so moving on.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Go to Shenzhen, heck any Chinese city you will see this.

The fake Iphone is made by the company below.

http://www.cectelecom.com/
Old 02-26-2008, 10:06 PM
mmmmmm....

btw, if you ever going to make any kind of sarcastic joke, then use red text. noob!
Old 02-26-2008, 10:12 PM
mmmmmm....

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Are the interior materials of lux quality?

I think the interior is decent, but for some reason, it looks like it could be of low quality plastic.

The steering wheel is still and I don't care for the fake wood trim flowing around the speedo and tach.

The exterior is excellent!
I'm definitely feeling the exterior, but not sure about the interior. That big ass steering wheel is killing it.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by joerockt
Dude, relax...I'm allowed to have a goddamn opinion and my opinion of Hyundai as far as what they've put out AT THIS POINT IN TIME isn't impressive at all. A lot of you are looking at it from the perspective of "well, others will like it" or "should be a great car for others to drive" whereas I'm looking at it from the perspective of "Would I personally purchase this car?". Would others buy it, sure! Its going to sell...Would I? Nope...I never personally like the look and now I can confirm for sure I don't like the interior. Why would I test drive something I have no starting interest in?

And since when is someone not allowed to be a skeptic? Look, if the car is a success, fantastic, I hope Hyundai makes a lot of money and you have a job for a long time. But until then, I'm a skeptic like a LOT of other people out there about the crooked H.

So quit getting all butt hurt about an opinion and deal with it already...

Your opinion has been stated plenty enough. You made that very clear in the other thread in the past, and even questioned my motive as to why I currently do not own a Hyundai vehicle. Others in the thread disagreed with you, which means you're in the minority. Yes, you're entitled to an opinion, but there's a tolerance to that. It's a fine line between stating your opinion and being a nuisance. Every time I talk about the Genesis or Hyundai, you come in and muddy up the water.

I get your point; you don't like it. That's fine. Quit trying so hard and STFU already.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts
I'm definitely feeling the exterior, but not sure about the interior. That big ass steering wheel is killing it.
Yeah, I'm not expecting much. And I know it's a bargain considering what the competitors charge, but it's still a vehicle that may cost well over 30k (i'm talking MSRP, not the finance charges that'll probably take the vehicle closer to 40k after alls said and done), so I still expect better materials.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:34 PM
Dragging knees in

Doesnt need to be official, as its already been said its going to be priced around $30K (Like you JUST said yourself a few posts ago). Last I checked, the RL is priced at $46K...
How much is the RL really selling for? Have you looked at its resale value retain rate?

The V6 Genesis currently sells for approximately $50k in the home market in Korea. Pricing is highly subject to and dependent on the specific market. Do we offer the vehicle at the lowest price possible at little profit to ensure higher success or do we price it a bit higher to balance profit and sales? The answer involves countless sets of numbers from various factors. I'll put it in simple words = they are just estimates until the official release comes.

What if the top of the line Genesis with the V8 and options such as the radar-guided cruise control, adaptive headlight system, active suspension control and others is offered at an MSRP of 40k+? Backed by a better warranty than the RL, with a higher resale value? This is before the reasonable assumption that it will most likely be more popular than the RL given the media coverage and interest among the consumers before it even arrives in the U.S. This is before considering the fact that the Genesis took up two 30-second slots during the Super Bowl. When have you ever seen the RL receive such high level of recognition and commitment?

Before production even began, Hyundai sold 1,000 vehicles in a matter of 2 days in Korea. They had to ramp up production at the plant to accommodate the higher than anticipated demand. Hyundai booth received the most amount of exposure and attention at the Chicago Auto Show; the U.S. market's level of interest matches that of the Korean market we have witnessed. So we'll see how it goes.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Dragging knees in

Guys; by no means, I'm not asking you to expect a Hyundai LS460 at the price of a few thousand more than an Azera.

All I'm saying is that it'll be a very competitive and viable choice in the 30k+ group that is worth a serious look. Please check it out once it's available and form your own opinion. All I'm doing is offering a sneak peak and a review/preview before you have a chance to do so.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
How much is the RL really selling for? Have you looked at its resale value retain rate?

The V6 Genesis currently sells for approximately $50k in the home market in Korea. Pricing is highly subject to and dependent on the specific market. Do we offer the vehicle at the lowest price possible at little profit to ensure higher success or do we price it a bit higher to balance profit and sales? The answer involves countless sets of numbers from various factors. I'll put it in simple words = they are just estimates until the official release comes.

What if the top of the line Genesis with the V8 and options such as the radar-guided cruise control, adaptive headlight system, active suspension control and others is offered at an MSRP of 40k+? Backed by a better warranty than the RL, with a higher resale value? This is before the reasonable assumption that it will most likely be more popular than the RL given the media coverage and interest among the consumers before it even arrives in the U.S. This is before considering the fact that the Genesis took up two 30-second slots during the Super Bowl. When have you ever seen the RL receive such high level of recognition and commitment?

Before production even began, Hyundai sold 1,000 vehicles in a matter of 2 days in Korea. They had to ramp up production at the plant to accommodate the higher than anticipated demand. Hyundai booth received the most amount of exposure and attention at the Chicago Auto Show; the U.S. market's level of interest matches that of the Korean market we have witnessed. So we'll see how it goes.
The issue is that Hyundai doesn't have brand recognition. Consumers equate Hyundai with economy cars. Acura is an established luxury brand. I'd say at the price range that the TL and Genesis are competitors, not the RL.

On a side note, I actually think that Hyundai is a blend of a Lexus LS and S-class. Hyundai stole a bunch of design cues from both cars.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:43 PM
mmmmmm....

Originally Posted by phile
Yeah, I'm not expecting much. And I know it's a bargain considering what the competitors charge, but it's still a vehicle that may cost well over 30k (i'm talking MSRP, not the finance charges that'll probably take the vehicle closer to 40k after alls said and done), so I still expect better materials.
yeah, I still think this is one fine piece for $30k.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
I like it.

And yes, I am Korean. So I am somewhat biased.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:48 PM
mmmmmm....

Guys; by no means, I'm not asking you to expect a Hyundai LS460 at the price of a few thousand more than an Azera.

All I'm saying is that it'll be a very competitive and viable choice in the 30k+ group that is worth a serious look. Please check it out once it's available and form your own opinion. All I'm doing is offering a sneak peak and a review/preview before you have a chance to do so.
I totally agree w/ you. I'm suprised how fast hyundai has improved past 5-7 years. I am very excited for them.... I can't wait to see what they are going to be in next 10 years.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by Maximized
The issue is that Hyundai doesn't have brand recognition. Consumers equate Hyundai with economy cars. Acura is an established luxury brand. I'd say at the price range that the TL and Genesis are competitors, not the RL.

On a side note, I actually think that Hyundai is a blend of a Lexus LS and S-class. Hyundai stole a bunch of design cues from both cars.
I'm aware of that and I agree. Hyundai recognizes that weakness, too. That is why Hyundai's advertising priority is now brand recognition. And they switched the main advertising firm to accomplish that, who is well established and capable in that area.

I was merely using the RL as an example because he brought it up. But still, I think a few people looking at the RL just might take a second look at the Genesis.

Once again, go check it out once it hits your local dealership. Go test drive it; kick the tires and listen to the sound of the doors closing. Then form your own opinion. All I'm doing is just offering a preview. I'm not here to make a sales pitch. I just thought I would share it with fellow car enthusiasts. That is all.

Last edited by Pure Adrenaline; 02-26-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your opinion has been stated plenty enough. You made that very clear in the other thread in the past, and even questioned my motive as to why I currently do not own a Hyundai vehicle. Others in the thread disagreed with you, which means you're in the minority. Yes, you're entitled to an opinion, but there's a tolerance to that. It's a fine line between stating your opinion and being a nuisance. Every time I talk about the Genesis or Hyundai, you come in and muddy up the water.

I get your point; you don't like it. That's fine. Quit trying so hard and STFU already.
Nope, sorry...to your chagrin, I won't be going away anytime soon buddy. And last I checked, this is an ACURA website, regardless if its off topic or not. Negative opinions should be expected, and not all "puppies and ice cream" opinions.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts

Give it a rest. If you don't like his opinion, ignore them.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:39 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,569 Likes on 986 Posts
Doesnt need to be official, as its already been said its going to be priced around $30K (Like you JUST said yourself a few posts ago). Last I checked, the RL is priced at $46K...
I don't know where you came from but I wish you'd go back there and take Jaber with you.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:19 AM
Banned

btw, if you ever going to make any kind of sarcastic joke, then use red text. noob!
why the hell are you getting all offensive?...bootlegging does not = racism for the korean people..get over yourself
Old 02-27-2008, 12:44 AM
styling on you

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by charliemike
I don't know where you came from but I wish you'd go back there and take Jaber with you.
10 bucks they came from a BMW forum
Old 02-27-2008, 01:08 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
A lot of people don't want to admit it but they're mainly hating on it because its a Hyundai. There is no way around it. They're already predisposed to the Hyundai image of mediocrity.... the Accel, the old school Elantras, etc. Times change. Honda was a huge joke in the 70's but they've made leaps and bounds.

Just admit it, some of you are not used to the idea of a luxurious Hyundai. I'm not either, but I'm still open minded about it. Yes, it SORT OF resembles other cars, but as a whole it looks great. And it looks good on paper... but so do most Toyotas. I'll reserve judgment until I see one in person.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:10 AM
Burning Brakes

ohhhhhhhhhhhh very nice! Can't wait for the coupe review!
That exterior looks gorgeous
Old 02-27-2008, 01:34 AM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Getting back on topic a bit here........

Good looking car. Thanks for the mini review.

Looking forward to the coupe review.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:35 AM
I can't find my garage

i like it much.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:16 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
why the hell are you getting all offensive?...bootlegging does not = racism for the korean people..get over yourself
Just stop making stupid posts. You're doing yourself no favors.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by sho_nuff1997
the one i sat in at the chicago auto show was very nice, despite the millions of people that sat in it. it was very comfortable and the fit and finish was excellent. it didn't have that badge on the grill (it was plain billet) and it looked sexy. it also had a V8. aside from the hyandai on the trunk, nobody would know it was a hyundai. if the production version has the looks and the engine of the concept, i am sold.
i did as well and i thought the interior looked better than the one pictured. People will just have to look at it WHEN the final production car hits show rooms and form their own opinion then. People are doing to Hyundai what people originally did to Honda when they came here. It took time to Honda to be recognized as what they are now. In time i bet Hyundai will be as well.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:50 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
For the life of me I can't understand the negativity towards this car. You Hyundai haters should look up some reviews on the Sonata, Sante Fe and Vercruz. Not many negatives things written about those so I'd suspect there won't be much negative written about the Genesis either.

Stop being ignorant and do some research before commenting.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Hyundai's done some good things over the last five years, and I expect that to continue. Some of you need to get your heads out of the sand.

PA - thanks for posting the pics and your impressions. I'm looking forward to round two with the production version and the coupe.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by dom
For the life of me I can't understand the negativity towards this car. You Hyundai haters should look up some reviews on the Sonata, Sante Fe and Vercruz. Not many negatives things written about those so I'd suspect there won't be much negative written about the Genesis either.

Stop being ignorant and do some research before commenting.
Wow. Dom, why the hell would I want to read reviews and or take a test drive if I visually don't like the car in the first place? Maybe its just me, but if I'm going to consider a car, my first criteria is if its aesthetically pleasing to me. Anyone who thinks different is lying. Otherwise, we would all be driving Aztek's and Tribeca's...
Old 02-27-2008, 10:06 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Wow. Dom, why the hell would I want to read reviews and or take a test drive or enter a thread specifically talking about the Genesis if I visually don't like the car in the first place?

Fixed.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:08 AM
where is....

but seriously, it'd make a nice rental car.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:11 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

I'm allowed to have a goddamn opinion and my opinion of Hyundai as far as what they've put out AT THIS POINT IN TIME isn't impressive at all
You're entitled to your opinion. But not impressed based on looks alone? That is IMO ignorant. Go have a closer look at the car, test drive it and then come in and give your opinion. At least at that point you'll have some credibility.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the car is great or saying I like it (although I like what I see in pics and on paper thus far) Lets give the thing a chance.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:14 AM
where is....

is it just the pictures or does it actually look pretty small? the first picture makes it look to be about the size of a mazda 3?

Quick Reply: 1 of the 3 Genesis in the United States...