02 VW GTI vs 95 CAMARO vs my '99TL!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 11:26 PM
@ slide or die @

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 VW GTI vs 95 CAMARO vs my '99TL!!!!!!!

****!!! what a sick race this was...the years ^^ i'm not too sure about, but they belong to that generation atleast. the GTI dud didnt have exhaust and no signs of major mods....exept cool blue gauges. Camaro dud, didnt see much since we kiked his ass and was left in the dust, what a sucky street racer

Coming from the mall from buying Need for Speed Underground 2...

West on a 3lane STRAIGHT road, 7pm'ish, i'm minding my own business going 55 on a 45 (considered slow on this street) WHEN ALL OF DA SUDDEN a GTI and a CAMARO start going at it and hit the cars blocky MY WAY!!!

Instantly, by reflects i turn everything off while my brother screams GO GO GO!!, so i drop back to 2nd and start going at them. By the time i reach 80mph i was right behind the GTI AND CLOSING IN FAST, who was behind the camaro and then some more cars.

Camaro breaks while the GTI dud makes a crazy ass manuever passing thru the left very tightly b/ a van and a pickup truck, i say F* it, click 3rd and go literally in between the 2 lanes, very tightly passing them, but far enough to know i wasnt gonna hit nobody

This is a straight road for the next 5 miles...1mi till the next light... click 4th. Now i'm 10ft behind the GTI's lights...but going at the same speed...i keep the distance untill we both hit around low 130s. Up ahead there's a bridge (turnpike) where on the other side, there are usually speed traps, so from knowing the area well, we both break down to 60mph in like 100ft!!! YIIIIHAAAAA!!!

i lower my window and give him a thumbs up...i really didnt expect that car to fly like that....Now it becomes a 2lane road;

We reach a light, and off the start, he starts at it so i follow, some more slight traffic. The cars infront were blocking me while the cars on the right were gonna close my only passing gap...too late, GTI dud takes the chance and i follow, again i pass 2 cars, next to each other thru the middle going crazy on 2nd...and AGAIN I GOTTA DODGE another pair of CARs but then the road ahead is clear. click 3rd and hi's a constant 30ft infront...over rev 3rd cause 4th sucks big hairy balls...click 4th ~ 122mph/6600rpm and keep going untill mid 130s when ALL OF DA SUDDEN, some blue lights pop on my retrovisor WAAAAY BACK by the traffic i'd just dodged 1/4mi ago.

My heart fell to my feet, the next light came up, he went left, i took a hard right, and up ahead an ungated neiborhood i'm familiar with, got in there as fast as i could and went to my friend's house and stayed there untill like 10pm

All this happened yesterday night, my brother left a big black stain on my tan leather seats while i've been daydreaming about this. I'ma visit the VW forums and see if i find this guy...dang what a good street race...BY FAR, the BEST i'VE BEEN IN!!!

Not a kill, but not a loss either. Oh, the camaro guy was never seen after!!

Drive Safely

_________
'99 Navi
OBX SS headers
Injen CAI
UR Crank pulley
V-AFC
Iridium Spark plugs
Me driving (100hp)
many cosmetic (ie. WW kit, etc)

STOCK GTI Specs:
0-60: 6.2
1/4mi: 14.8
turbo'd 180hp 1.8L inline 4banger

Stock '99TL Specs:
0-60: 7.2
1/4mi: 15.6
3.2L Vtec BABY!!!
~ vtec = very tall engine cooling
Old 11-24-2004, 11:29 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice story... but you're asking to be flamed by posting that kind of stuff here..
Old 11-24-2004, 11:38 PM
Comptech Freak

LOL how do you know it's a 02 GTI and a 95 Camero??

the Camero is a V8?

and teh GTI is a VR6?
Old 11-24-2004, 11:44 PM
@ slide or die @

Nah man, no flaming, just sharing...im still pumped from it

Like i said, i dont know years, but i know generation~years. That camaro coul've been a V6 or a V8, i dont know camaros at all...all i know is GTI and i kiked its ass, REAL EASY.

and

GTI wasnt the VR6...it was the 1.8T
Old 11-25-2004, 12:08 AM
B A N N E D

i highly doubt that the camaro was a z28 or an ss, that shit would woop you anyway not matter what, they run 13's all day ( the ss) i dont care what you have done to your car the SS even the z28 camaro would spank you even if they gave you a head start!!
Old 11-25-2004, 12:12 AM
woooo!!

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by etxxz
Drive Safely
not that you did... heh jp man.

~ vtec = very tall engine cooling

but yeah sounds like it was a lotta fun. keep it safe!
Old 11-25-2004, 12:14 AM
Missing my Acura's

Another reason we need a racing performance section!
Old 11-25-2004, 12:21 AM
@ slide or die @

Originally Posted by 99whitetl
i highly doubt that the camaro was a z28 or an ss, that shit would woop you anyway not matter what, they run 13's all day ( the ss) i dont care what you have done to your car the SS even the z28 camaro would spank you even if they gave you a head start!!
Moral: DUH, clearly not a Z28

Originally Posted by REDLINEN
Another reasom we need a racing performance section!
We dont race enough to merit such a section
Old 11-25-2004, 12:28 AM
Missing my Acura's

Originally Posted by etxxz
Moral: DUH, clearly not a Z28

We dont race enough to merit such a section
Well some of us do but why post in the main forum and have every tight ass in the forum starting a flame war? We should have a section where we can vent our kills ! I have plenty as im sure others do as well! I mean we have a cell phone section ! but no race section!
Old 11-25-2004, 09:42 AM
@ slide or die @

tru, tru

i just had to vent thisone, regardless of flaming, since it was by far the longest most entertaining, craziest and most dangerous race i've been in...not to mention the getaway from whoever cop that saw us. (this wasnt made up btw, there's a reason GTI and i split up in panic, because there was still another mile of beautifull road ahead)

Seriously, from the races we've all been in, how many do you find yourself in a straight road, with an equally matched car, running for over 6miles and reaching speeds over 130...TWICE! in one night. maibe 1 more in me 2 years of driving
Old 11-25-2004, 09:45 AM
@ slide or die @

tru, tru...i'm definetly a suporter of the racing section, but that will make more people wanna race, and probably cause accidents...or worse...

i just had to vent thisone, regardless of flaming, since it was by far the longest most entertaining, craziest and most dangerous race i've been in...not to mention the getaway from whoever cop that saw us. (this wasnt made up btw, there's a reason GTI and i split up in panic, because there was still another mile of beautifull road ahead)

Seriously, from the races we've all been in, how many do you find yourself in a straight road, with an equally matched car, running for over 6miles and reaching speeds over 130...TWICE! in one night. maibe 1 more in me 2 years of driving