Color:

Location (State/Prov):

WTT: My custom Jpipe for yours! 04+ TL

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 10:53 PM
I (don't) whine.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WTT: My custom Jpipe for yours! 04+ TL

Ok, I want a differnt Jpipe - Jshifts preferably and local! alot to ask for i know lol

Details abt mine:
jpipe is 2 1/4 with a 2 1/2 collector. it looks small, but its more of an optical illusion since the piping coming from the cats to the collector is so long made by labree - a premier shop for custom exhaust and you wont find another like it. it deletes the third cat and the pipes are equa-length. I noticed a huge UP in torque after installing this. Theres nothing wrong with the jpipe except a few scratches, i just want something differnt and a different exhaust tone.

I paid $400+ for it, and assuming your jpipe is in good condition I want your pipe +$50.

Here are some pix.

here's a pic not on my car:
Old 06-26-2008, 11:14 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, from the looks of it, there may be some flow issues with that attempt (it's not smooth inside like the others and that is likely to cause restrictions). Custom" J-pipes are just that, a customization "attempt". This one doesn't appear to have been successful so I can understand you wanting to pick up one of the ones that does work well but C'Mon, do you REALLY expect someone to trade out AND pay you $50 extra? IMHO, you would have done well to have simply put it up on this site as a custom J-pipe for $150 and someone "might" give you $100 for it...
Old 06-27-2008, 12:35 AM
I (don't) whine.

^^if you saw the way it way it performed on my car you know its and awesome JPIPE. The piece 'flows' just fine and i got a huge performance jump esp low/mid end torque. my friend who had it on before gained 1 mph on his 1/4 mile time with this pipe alone. He also got a jpipe off this site and said this was a better performer. Thanks for you input anyways.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:27 AM
I (don't) whine.

Originally Posted by ndabunka
Well, from the looks of it, there may be some flow issues with that attempt (it's not smooth inside like the others and that is likely to cause restrictions). Custom" J-pipes are just that, a customization "attempt". This one doesn't appear to have been successful so I can understand you wanting to pick up one of the ones that does work well.
oh and there are no 'flow issues' nor was it an attempt. there was actually alot of engineering and work that went into making this a 'perfect' jpipe..diameter, angles, equa-length pipes, etc. i doubt you very much abt jpipes IF anything at all. if you're referring to the non-smooth look on the inside thats just the flex pipe. im looking for a different exhaust note, maybe even something more restrictive...if i didnt think this pipe was just as good or better than the other ones i wouldn't list it for more than what they go for. if i have to keep it whoop-di-doo its still great