Color:

Location (State/Prov):

Trades Anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2001, 10:04 PM
Turn Signals are good!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trades Anyone??

Ok, I know I have made it very apparent that I have audio equipment that I want to get rid of, I am just curious if anyone with a 1st gen CL would want to trade some stuff.

What I have available:
Pioneer FHP4400
Alpine CDA 7863
Rockford Punch 800a2
Rockford Power 200a1
Rockford Punch 100a2
Rockford Punch 100.2 (Grey with Gold end caps)
Stock CD player and amp from 97 3.0

What I want for my car:
Indiglo Gauges (reverse prefered)
Good quality Drop springs (up to 2.5")
Cat back system or Universal muffler
Clear Bumper lenses

Or reasonable offers with cash.

I know I was asking a lot before, but give me reasonable offers that you think are fair. As far as the trades go, Please be reasonable.
Old 11-19-2001, 12:16 AM
Turn Signals are good!

I forgot to mention, I also have a Sony 10 Disc magazine, still in the box, for any newer Sony cd changer. Anyone that wants it can have it, I have no use for it.

Also, if anyone has an Alpine 6 or 12 disc changer they want to get rid of, let me know.
Old 11-19-2001, 04:35 AM
Instructor

Are all the audio equipments new? Or used?
Old 11-19-2001, 12:27 PM
Turn Signals are good!

all used unfortunatly.
Old 11-19-2001, 12:56 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by SumkidwithaCL
all used unfortunatly.
Is everthing in perfect working condition? I'm interested in the Alpine CDA 7863 and one of the Rockford amps. I have an extra set of springs (lowers 2.25"f and 2.0"r). I also have an extra Alpine CD Changer.
Old 11-19-2001, 08:06 PM
Turn Signals are good!

Everything is in almost new condition, especially the head units... the amps just have some small scuff marks on them but work like brand new and dont smell burnt at all. I actually think I want to keep the Alpine deck, that was why I asked if anyone had an alpine changer. What model changer is it? Also, what brand of springs are they? Which rockford amp were you interested in?? If you are looking at one of the black and silver amps (anyone but the 100.2) I also have a punch link that I will throw in if you want it. The only reason I dont want the pioneer deck is because I always confuse the source and volume buttons... but it is almost brand new. let me know what you would want to do.
Old 11-20-2001, 01:45 AM
Instructor

Everything is in almost new condition, especially the head units... the amps just have some small scuff marks on them but work like brand new and dont smell burnt at all. I actually think I want to keep the Alpine deck, that was why I asked if anyone had an alpine changer. What model changer is it? Also, what brand of springs are they? Which rockford amp were you interested in?? If you are looking at one of the black and silver amps (anyone but the 100.2) I also have a punch link that I will throw in if you want it. The only reason I dont want the pioneer deck is because I always confuse the source and volume buttons... but it is almost brand new. let me know what you would want to do.
i'm interested in the 800a2 or 200a1. I have to check the model of the Alpine CD changer. But it definitely fits the CL stock head unit. The springs are Sprint springs. For info, go to www.sprintspring.com. I used these springs for only 2 weeks. They were too low for me. I didn't want to drop my car 2.5" like you do. BTW, what's a punch link? Sorry for the ignorance. Let me know. Thanks.
Old 11-20-2001, 03:51 PM
Turn Signals are good!

A punch link is basically a 2 sided end cap, it joins 2 rockford amps together to kinda make it look like one amp, it takes the place of 2 end caps.
Old 11-20-2001, 11:37 PM
Turn Signals are good!

Amp for springs?? And if you still want that Alpine deck, let me know...
Old 11-22-2001, 12:58 AM
Instructor

Have you tested the amps, specifically the 800a2 and the 200a1??? I just wanna make sure that they work...
Old 11-22-2001, 01:14 AM
Turn Signals are good!

I'm using the 200a1 on a daily basis now... runs beautiful... the 800a2 has been sitting for a little while, but does work like new.

BTW- how do those springs ride?? is it harsh? I want something a little stiffer, but not too stiff. And do you, or anyone else that reads this know if that would be too low of a drop for 18's?
Old 11-22-2001, 12:52 PM
got kUsToM?

U WANNA TRADE MY EIBACH SPORTLINE? 2INCH DROP
Old 11-22-2001, 01:48 PM
Instructor

The ride was surprisingly smooth. It's harsher than stock of course. But not as harsh as I thought. Definitely stiffer. You'll definitely feel the difference. I had stock tires and rims when I had these springs and had no problem with any rubbing. Given that I had stock rims and tires, I suppose it's almost the same as 18's with 40 or 35 series tires. So the 800a2 for the springs?
Old 11-22-2001, 02:25 PM
Instructor

Which amp are you willing to trade for the springs?
Old 11-22-2001, 03:47 PM
Turn Signals are good!

I'd rather see the 800 go...

XkRaZiX-
Are those Eibach's for a 1st gen or 2nd gen?? if for a 1st gen i'll trade something else, it seems the 800a2 is spoken for. My brother is getting an Accord and he could use 'em. My list is still in the first post.
Old 11-22-2001, 06:46 PM
Instructor

Springs for the 800a2 sounds good. How do you wanna do this?
Old 11-24-2001, 12:11 AM
Turn Signals are good!

I just tried hooking up the 800 in my car... and it keeps blowing fuses... but it blew a 25 and a 40... I know the amp is suposed to use a 100 amp fuse, so that may have been why... but last I knew it did work, so I am gonna take it to my stereo shop and have them test it out... if it dosent end up working I can give you that head unit, the Alpine if you still want it. If not maybe you can come up with another solution, but I'll keep you informed.
Old 11-24-2001, 02:36 AM
Instructor

I just tried hooking up the 800 in my car... and it keeps blowing fuses... but it blew a 25 and a 40... I know the amp is suposed to use a 100 amp fuse, so that may have been why... but last I knew it did work, so I am gonna take it to my stereo shop and have them test it out... if it dosent end up working I can give you that head unit, the Alpine if you still want it. If not maybe you can come up with another solution, but I'll keep you informed.
The Alpine CDA-7863 works for me too. How easy is it to replace my stock CD player with this? Have you tried this unit? Thanks.
Old 11-24-2001, 02:55 AM
Instructor

BTW, does the CDA-7863 come with a remote?
Old 11-24-2001, 11:24 AM
Turn Signals are good!

New, the deck comes with a remote, however, the guy I got it from said he broke it, so I didnt recieve the remote with it, but it can be purchased. The deck is relatively easy to install, I used it for a little while to see how it compared to the JVC, all I did was use the Acura bracket that holds the stock deck in, and add a small Piece of steel like an 'L' bracket so I didnt have to make any new holes in the deck. Then attached the pocket underneath with a piece of narrow sheet metal wraped around the top of the deck and screwed into the origional holes in the pocket. Then it all just slides into the dash like the stock deck. The wirring harness that plugs into your car will come with it.
Old 11-24-2001, 03:30 PM
got kUsToM?

umm my eibachz r for 01 CL...but i got stock 1st gen CL spring u can cut them 50+shippin?
Old 11-25-2001, 05:28 PM
got kUsToM?

na is for 2nd gen CL.... but i got stock 1st gen CL springs u can cut them if u want... will trade 4 ur amps?
Old 11-26-2001, 03:06 PM
Instructor

New, the deck comes with a remote, however, the guy I got it from said he broke it, so I didnt recieve the remote with it, but it can be purchased. The deck is relatively easy to install, I used it for a little while to see how it compared to the JVC, all I did was use the Acura bracket that holds the stock deck in, and add a small Piece of steel like an 'L' bracket so I didnt have to make any new holes in the deck. Then attached the pocket underneath with a piece of narrow sheet metal wraped around the top of the deck and screwed into the origional holes in the pocket. Then it all just slides into the dash like the stock deck. The wirring harness that plugs into your car will come with it.
OK. So how do you wanna do this? BTW, what does the 7863 come with? Manual, mounting brackets, etc? Let me know, ok?
Old 11-27-2001, 01:09 AM
blah blah blah

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey, i have new Indiglo Gauges (reverse) if you wanna trade something for it. I was planning on putting them in, but decided i didn't want to take out the gauges. So i'll trade u something for them, but i don't really need amps, u have something else?
Old 11-27-2001, 05:25 PM
Turn Signals are good!

Jawo- Theres nothing really with the deck, unfortunatly, the guy I got it from didnt have anything for it anymore. It is very straight forward to use though, and I can explain how to use it once you get it.

99CL- I have a Pioneer fhp4400 deck, I really dont have much other than stereo stuff, other than an extra leather shift knob... But if you'd like to do a partial trade for the deck, its basically brand new, all it needs is a trim ring and i'm working on getting one before I get rid of it. I'd take the gauges and like $120 for the deck. Do you have a pic of the gauges? Are they the typical red/blue ones found on e-bay?
Old 11-27-2001, 05:51 PM
Instructor

Jawo- Theres nothing really with the deck, unfortunatly, the guy I got it from didnt have anything for it anymore. It is very straight forward to use though, and I can explain how to use it once you get it.

99CL- I have a Pioneer fhp4400 deck, I really dont have much other than stereo stuff, other than an extra leather shift knob... But if you'd like to do a partial trade for the deck, its basically brand new, all it needs is a trim ring and i'm working on getting one before I get rid of it. I'd take the gauges and like $120 for the deck. Do you have a pic of the gauges? Are they the typical red/blue ones found on e-bay?
Ok. I guess I can just download the manual online, even if it's for a different model (I'll just try to get the one that's almost the same model). Can you throw in the L bracket and the sheet of metal you used so I can plug it in the stock deck the same way you did?
Old 11-27-2001, 06:37 PM
Turn Signals are good!

Originally posted by Jawo

Ok. I guess I can just download the manual online, even if it's for a different model (I'll just try to get the one that's almost the same model). Can you throw in the L bracket and the sheet of metal you used so I can plug it in the stock deck the same way you did?
I will try to get a manual for you before I send it, Im good friends with my local stereo shop manager, and he usually has the stuff I need laying around... otherwise I can explain all the functions on the deck. I will include my little home made brackets... theres nothin to them, but they get the job done well.

I can send you pay-pal information, so we can both be confident about the trade. Let me know.
Old 11-27-2001, 08:05 PM
blah blah blah

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
SumkidwithaCL, the guages are Sliver with Red and Blue. Sorry i don't have a picture of it, but YES it is the one off Ebay. I bought it be never put it on. It's brand new. I really don't want to spend any money cause i'm saving up for something. But if u want, i'll sell them to you for $50 + shippin. If that's too much, drop me a email, and we'll work something out. maybe even $50 shipped
Old 11-27-2001, 09:11 PM
Instructor

I will try to get a manual for you before I send it, Im good friends with my local stereo shop manager, and he usually has the stuff I need laying around... otherwise I can explain all the functions on the deck. I will include my little home made brackets... theres nothin to them, but they get the job done well.

I can send you pay-pal information, so we can both be confident about the trade. Let me know.
Cool. I can send you pay-pal info too if you want. You can email me at joelilao@yahoo.com for your shipping info.
Old 11-27-2001, 10:50 PM
Turn Signals are good!

Jawo- you've got mail

99CL- Gimme like 2 days and I will let you know, I will most likely buy them through pay-pal.
e-mail me with any questions: lg_guy3949@yahoo.com
Old 11-28-2001, 12:24 AM
Instructor

Jawo- you've got mail

99CL- Gimme like 2 days and I will let you know, I will most likely buy them through pay-pal.
e-mail me with any questions: lg_guy3949@yahoo.com
You've got mail!
Old 11-29-2001, 08:06 PM
Instructor

I sent them out already. Please check your email.
Old 12-01-2001, 09:09 AM
Burning Brakes

I ll trtade you a set of my factory fogs for one of the punch 100's
Old 12-01-2001, 10:47 AM
Turn Signals are good!

for 1st gen or 2nd gen cl?? I have a 1st. But if they are for the 1st i'd do that... I need more light!! they have a switch??
Old 12-01-2001, 10:51 AM
Turn Signals are good!

oops... I just read your post where you want to sell them... thats fine, but if theres no harness or switch could you pay the shipping for the amp?
Old 12-01-2001, 03:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Lets call it a wash on the shipping..you pay for shipping on hte amp...I pay for the fogs.
Old 12-01-2001, 06:50 PM
Turn Signals are good!

have a pic of the fogs?? I dont have one of the amp, no camera, but it is in brand new condition and barely used.
Old 12-01-2001, 08:17 PM
Burning Brakes

No dgital camera but they are in mint condition. Less than 2000 miles on them...
Old 12-01-2001, 09:54 PM
Turn Signals are good!

Originally posted by BBsAcuraRacing
No dgital camera but they are in mint condition. Less than 2000 miles on them...
I never knew you could measure the mileage of a light...

Let me know what you want to do... I also have the punch link for the amp if you have other rockford amps... ill throw that in too if you want it. I also have the origional box and all the paper work including the test sheet.
Old 12-05-2001, 06:45 AM
Burning Brakes

e mail me a phone number and I ll call you to hash out the details...