Location (State/Prov):

SOLD! FS: 19" x 8.5" Giovanna Sabina ***must sell now make offers***

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 04:03 AM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by desper
ALSO NEW TODAY..........

I will trade these rims for OEM RIMS and TIRES for 3rd GEN TL PLUS $375 LOCAL ONLY
sorry, i didnt read the entire thread so disregard if this is no good. but if i sent you my oem's first, would you then consider shipping yours to me to complete the deal? i would send my 375 to you first via paypal , also.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Royce Han
sorry, i didnt read the entire thread so disregard if this is no good. but if i sent you my oem's first, would you then consider shipping yours to me to complete the deal? i would send my 375 to you first via paypal , also.
Where are you at???

Also shipping your RIMS and TIRES would be pretty expensive, what condition are they in?
Old 12-15-2007, 11:15 AM
B A N N E D

Where are you at???

Also shipping your RIMS and TIRES would be pretty expensive, what condition are they in?

there is a neat little trick for shipping, it depends on how far you live from a Discount Tire Co. - i have a buddy who works at my local Discount Tire Co.- they ship misc things like a loose rim/tire, one-offs, customer leftovers etc.. to each other from other Discount Tire locations across the nation everyday. voila- so its pretty much $0 to do. -except maybe me buying a gift basket for my friend or something-lol.

im in WA state. 98466
my oem rims- 2 are straight w/no curbs- nothing, the other 2 are knicked and lightly curbed. none are bent, all hold air, and are balanced. all four are on 235-45-17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S with 60% tread left
Old 12-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Burning Brakes

I live about 4 mles from a Discount Tire Copmany.... You want to send them to my Local Discount TIre Company, or directly to me?

Also, the $375 was for local, and it was $375 because there would be no shipping, I would have to charge you for shipping these or i would almost be making nothing from them since i can get a set of OEM rims and tires for $450...

Let me know the specifics, and i will consider your offer..

thanks

desper

there is a neat little trick for shipping, it depends on how far you live from a Discount Tire Co. - i have a buddy who works at my local Discount Tire Co.- they ship misc things like a loose rim/tire, one-offs, customer leftovers etc.. to each other from other Discount Tire locations across the nation everyday. voila- so its pretty much $0 to do. -except maybe me buying a gift basket for my friend or something-lol.

im in WA state. 98466
my oem rims- 2 are straight w/no curbs- nothing, the other 2 are knicked and lightly curbed. none are bent, all hold air, and are balanced. all four are on 235-45-17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S with 60% tread left
Old 12-15-2007, 07:53 PM
B A N N E D

I live about 4 mles from a Discount Tire Copmany.... You want to send them to my Local Discount TIre Company, or directly to me?

Also, the $375 was for local, and it was $375 because there would be no shipping, I would have to charge you for shipping these or i would almost be making nothing from them since i can get a set of OEM rims and tires for $450...

Let me know the specifics, and i will consider your offer..

thanks

desper
i live less than 5 miles from mine too. what i meant by the shipping thing was this- awhile back i needed an 18 inch A-Spec TL rim- i asked my friend to check discount tire's nationwide online inventory for used misc oem wheels that customers could afford to just leave behind, not even caring after their new shoes just got swapped on- it didnt suprise me when he finally said a set was showing in inventory at wherehouse in Texas. i had it in my possession within 3 business days ,paid $0 for the rim, and $0 for the shipping. so what this means -it would cost me nothing to send them to your D.T. and since your D.T. would be doing what they were asked by my D.T.-which is to take your rims in exchange and ship them here- it would cost you nothing to send them as well. make sense?

also, im sure if you searched my full name in their records, you'll find out a lot about my history with them, so no need to worry with me. but id rather have you believe it yourself by actually checking , rather than just taking my word for it.

Last edited by Royce Han; 12-15-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Burning Brakes

i live less than 5 miles from mine too. what i meant by the shipping thing was this- awhile back i needed an 18 inch A-Spec TL rim- i asked my friend to check discount tire's nationwide online inventory for used misc oem wheels that customers could afford to just leave behind, not even caring after their new shoes just got swapped on- it didnt suprise me when he finally said a set was showing in inventory at wherehouse in Texas. i had it in my possession within 3 business days ,paid $0 for the rim, and $0 for the shipping. so what this means -it would cost me nothing to send them to your D.T. and since your D.T. would be doing what they were asked by my D.T.-which is to take your rims in exchange and ship them here- it would cost you nothing to send them as well. make sense?

also, im sure if you searched my full name in their records, you'll find out a lot about my history with them, so no need to worry with me. but id rather have you believe it yourself by actually checking , rather than just taking my word for it.

Wow,

Yeah i am not sure about all of this, I don't see what assurances i have that my local Americas Tire will send mine back out? I don't have a buddy there, but i do one of the guys.... Read my above post about fitment that has the phone number of my local shop.... The only way i would do this is if someone from my local shop knows what is going on and tells me that it is cool....
Old 12-16-2007, 11:54 AM
B A N N E D

Wow,

Yeah i am not sure about all of this, I don't see what assurances i have that my local Americas Tire will send mine back out? I don't have a buddy there, but i do one of the guys.... Read my above post about fitment that has the phone number of my local shop.... The only way i would do this is if someone from my local shop knows what is going on and tells me that it is cool....
i think i made it sound more confusing than it really is. you see, people who work at discount tire have it simple, they just do what they are told- not by other people but by the order thats showing in the system. ive seen my buddy call up other d.t. wherehouses in the past just to confirm what hes seeing in their inventory is true-why? because when you call someone- its just to confirm a an order thats already been placed and youre just making sure and since EVERYTHING is seen and controlled by online inventory everything they do whether its selling brand new tires to finding "freebies" in other wherehouses - IT ALL MUST BE LOGGED INTO the system . how else would he have found that a-spec rim for me like so. the only difference between a brand new tire in one of their wherehouses vs. something used and left behind is that the profit must be made on one of them- can you guess which? But as far as keeping logs- its all handled the same. look, anybody shouldve understood this by now. plus i realized i shouldnt have spoken about this outloud .it was my mistake oh well, but the only person that would need to worry in fear of a rip off or d.t. fouling up w/ shipping would be ME, not you. if i sent you mine first and paid you at the same time via paypal, then how do i know that youll go back to that d.t. after picking up my wheels from them and complete the deal by going back and given em yer wheels? im sure you are not a bad seed so dont take that like i really think that of you. but also d.t. is not a mom n pop's store-therefore i trust in them dearly. i dont want to make you feel uncomfortable and do anything you are unsure about. i honestly thought it was a great plan but just disregard then. no need for us to waste our time any further.but thanks anyways. take care man-Royce
Old 12-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
What a fool!
desper has mass quantities of positive feedback as seller and buyer here and the bay, is personally known by several members in our town- had dinner with us(lives 1/2 mile from me) and at the bay Area meets- takes immaculate care of his ride- you couldnt ask for a better person to do business with.

Somebody deserving- give these things a new home!
Old 12-16-2007, 09:16 PM
Burning Brakes

i think i made it sound more confusing than it really is. you see, people who work at discount tire have it simple, they just do what they are told- not by other people but by the order thats showing in the system. ive seen my buddy call up other d.t. wherehouses in the past just to confirm what hes seeing in their inventory is true-why? because when you call someone- its just to confirm a an order thats already been placed and youre just making sure and since EVERYTHING is seen and controlled by online inventory everything they do whether its selling brand new tires to finding "freebies" in other wherehouses - IT ALL MUST BE LOGGED INTO the system . how else would he have found that a-spec rim for me like so. the only difference between a brand new tire in one of their wherehouses vs. something used and left behind is that the profit must be made on one of them- can you guess which? But as far as keeping logs- its all handled the same. look, anybody shouldve understood this by now. plus i realized i shouldnt have spoken about this outloud .it was my mistake oh well, but the only person that would need to worry in fear of a rip off or d.t. fouling up w/ shipping would be ME, not you. if i sent you mine first and paid you at the same time via paypal, then how do i know that youll go back to that d.t. after picking up my wheels from them and complete the deal by going back and given em yer wheels? im sure you are not a bad seed so dont take that like i really think that of you. but also d.t. is not a mom n pop's store-therefore i trust in them dearly. i dont want to make you feel uncomfortable and do anything you are unsure about. i honestly thought it was a great plan but just disregard then. no need for us to waste our time any further.but thanks anyways. take care man-Royce
I understand,,, Just wanted a little more clarification with how this entire thing was going to go down, since the plan was not crystal clear...

I would be willing to give this a try, as long as i dont get any crap at my local America's tire Company.... This was my concern....
Old 12-19-2007, 12:41 AM
TEAM_SONIC

Son

If these rims are still for sale? If so how much r they? and what kind of tires do they come with?
Old 12-19-2007, 10:33 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question for desper

I am looking at purchasing these wheels, but with the black inserts. Other than financial reasons, why are you selling them? Are you unhappy with them?

I would like you opinion before I move forward with a purchase myself.

Thanks again!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sondinh
If these rims are still for sale? If so how much r they? and what kind of tires do they come with?

They are still for sale, and I will ship them anywhere in the US for $975 this includes PAYPAL fees as well....

They do NOT come with tires.... You will have to purchase them on your own... You can't find a lower price on these anywhere let me know if you are interested
Old 12-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Burning Brakes

No problem... I was not unhappy with them in anyway at all. I really liked them, and i still do! I just wanted a change at the time, and i got a nice size bonus at work so i bought something else!!

I don't know what size you are looking to buy, but I will beat any price you can find for mine if you are interested... You can buy the black inserts seperately...

Let me know if you have any other questions

thanks

desper

Originally Posted by tclavell
I am looking at purchasing these wheels, but with the black inserts. Other than financial reasons, why are you selling them? Are you unhappy with them?

I would like you opinion before I move forward with a purchase myself.

Thanks again!
Old 12-20-2007, 05:18 PM
TEAM_SONIC

Son

So the total for the four rims is $975 shipped to Lawrence, Ma? Is there any nicks, scratch on the rims? Also is there wheel locks there go along with these rims?
Old 12-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sondinh
So the total for the four rims is $975 shipped to Lawrence, Ma? Is there any nicks, scratch on the rims? Also is there wheel locks there go along with these rims?
Yes, the total for all four shipped directly to your door in MA. will be $975. There is absolutely no curb rash on these anywhere, they are 99% perfect. Look at the first page and you can see the pics there maybe one very tiny stratch somewhere on there but they are almost brand new looking. These do come with Gorilla locking lugnuts and keys.

Let me know if you have any other questions

desper
Old 01-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Burning Brakes

$900 Shipped...... $800 Picked up....

Make it happen@!!@!@!@
Old 01-02-2008, 07:02 AM
Racer

I'm interested, shoot me a PM!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:18 PM