Replacement DVD/Nav drive DV36T02C

Category: Accessories
Price: $130
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part Fits (you may select multiples): TL 3G
Location (State/Prov/Terr): CA
Item Condition: Brand New

Well, here it is for sale again.

Long story short, I purchased this brand new replacement drive for the TL DVD player/Nav system (DV36T02C). This is the replacement drive needed for repairing a player that is no longer playing the Navi disc (see this thread for details: https://acurazine.com/forums/problem...errors-873489/).

I ordered the replacement drive from a seller in China on AliExpress back in October:

DV36T02C/DV36T02A/DV36T02B/DV36T020 Alpine DVD Navigation-in Vehicle GPS from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

However, when it finally arrived after a month (shipping took a long time), I was having other problems with the DVD player that necessitated a full repair by Alpine. I still had the unused and essentially unopened replacement drive, so I posted it for sale. After selling it on ebay, the buyer later insisted on a refund because he claimed that it did not fix the issue with his player, and in fact the player would not load a disc once installed. I have no way to know if he installed it properly or if it was even the right unit for his car, but I took the return nonetheless, eating the shipping charges both ways, despite the fact that the drive was a brand new item.

I therefore still have an essentially new or barely used DV36T02C DVD drive for sale, with the caveat that one person claimed that it did not fix his problem and would not load a disc.

I am selling it for $130 shipped within the US, which is a good discount compared to AliExpress without the ridiculously long waiting time for delivery. However, I cannot accept any refunds on this unit -- so buyer should be aware that the product is sold as is, and that someone who previously purchased this from me claimed it did not work properly despite the fact that the product is essentially new.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:56 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,094 Likes on 749 Posts
hey drjoe, check your pm
Old 12-18-2014, 06:21 PM
Administrator

Received 1,012 Likes on 577 Posts
You said it was sold in the first thread https://acurazine.com/forums/car-par...36t02c-920617/

Was this not sold?

You didn't test it?

I think someone would be taking a big chance buying this with no returns.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:30 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron A
You said it was sold in the first thread https://acurazine.com/forums/car-par...36t02c-920617/

Was this not sold?

You didn't test it?

I think someone would be taking a big chance buying this with no returns.
Ron, sounds like the old thread was before he had sold it on ebay. Now that it is back in his possession, he relisted it here.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:41 AM
Instructor

it was sold through ebay and then returned by the buyer who claimed it didn't fix his player and is therefore now up for sale again.

the item remains essentially brand new, so i doubt there is anything wrong with it. therefore, i'd prefer not to take returns and keep paying for shipping due to repeated problems with compatibility or improper installations.

in any case, i have made full disclosure and will work out details with any interested buyers. thanks.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:30 AM
10th Gear

I just ordered a replacement from aliexpress based on information in your post. Knowing I will have to wait a while for delivery, I would like to try yours if you can assure me that it is exactly as delivered from aliexpress. I can then install and see if it works and have the backup from aliexpress on hand just incase the drive quits again.

One question though, How did you eliminate the possibility that your head unit wasn't the problem?

Is there any way you can test your unit? If the Ebay Buyer said it didn't work, what makes you think it still does? Maybe it is a bad unit?
Just curious if you can add any more information to alleviate my concerns.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:46 AM
Instructor

i have no way to test it. i got my original one fixed by alpine so the unit i ordered from aliexpress is superfluous.

not sure what you mean by "head unit" -- i guess you mean the thing the drive sits in. in fact, the reason i never used the aliexpress drive was that after the initial disc read problem, the drive stopped loading and unloading discs. since the disc was still in there, i had to send the whole thing back to alpine.

it could be a bad unit i guess, even though brand new. it's possible.

i guess i will have to offer returns in some fashion, but i do not want to have to pay for shipping.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:02 AM
10th Gear

From Wikipedia..... "The head unit is the centerpiece of the car's sound system. Typically located in the center of the dashboard." So anyway, I am asking these questions only because I figure it would be quicker to obtain yours instead of waiting over a month for the replacement i purchased from AliExpress. However, I just ordered a replacement did drive off eBay, with a guarantee and was advertised as being tested with returns allowed. So Good Luck!. I will end up have a spare or maybe two pieces that are non working in a few days. Hoping this replacement did drive is the solution. If it goes out in the future, at least I'll have a spare.
Thanks for replying.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:57 PM

Still available?
Old 12-22-2014, 02:26 AM
Instructor

yes. $130 and i'll take the return with a refund if it doesn't work and you pay for shipping both ways (you ship back and i deduct shipping to from the refund).
Old 01-12-2015, 01:24 AM
Advanced

Hi drjoe. Thanks for replying to my post over in the navi error thread. Just wondering what city you live in? Maybe you're local to me. I'm in the Los Angeles, CA area. I'm tempted to buy your mechanism off you but the fact that it didn't work the first time makes me hesitant. Maybe if you're local I can pick it up and if it turns out to be defective at least I can just bring it back and not lose out on shipping. Too bad there isn't a way you can contact aliexpress for a refund or exchange?
Old 01-12-2015, 02:26 AM
Instructor

the thing took so long to deliver from aliexpress and when it finally did arrive i was out on vacation for a while. so by the time i realized it *might* be defective, it was way too late for a return.

anyway, i'm in los angeles too (how the heck did you know!?), so your plan sounds great.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:30 AM
Instructor

this item is STILL available if anyone is interested and provided i can remember where it is. it's a box around here somewhere...
Old 04-05-2016, 03:52 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So looking like this is the drive that plays the CD in which I need, if you can find it I'll purchase it. I'm from CT. I have a "Please check your disc" message across my screen, tested another CD so it must be my drive that's not working. Anyways I would like it as long as you agree on a refund still considering if it doesn't work. I understand the shipping too.
Old 07-04-2016, 06:22 PM

drjoe -

Is this still available? If so, will you still honor this:

yes. $130 and i'll take the return with a refund if it doesn't work and you pay for shipping both ways (you ship back and i deduct shipping to from the refund).

I'm in SFV and can drive to you to pickup / return if it doesn't work on my '06 tl.

Greg
Old 07-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Received 1,012 Likes on 577 Posts
The OP hasn't updated the thread since 08-26-2015, and hasn't logged in since 01-16-2016.

This thread is closed due to lack of updates or bumps by OP.

You can send a PM if you think there's a chance, and the OP can PM me with a link to this thread if he/she wants this opened.