Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RARE VOLK KUWAGATA F-ZERO 18x8 +42 5x114.3

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price: $900
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part Fits (you may select multiples): CL 2G, RSX, TL 2G, TL 1G, TSX 2G, TSX 1G
Location (State/Prov/Terr): GA
Item Condition: Used

Thinking about selling one of rarest volk wheels ever made (Yes, your Volk 4/5, Evo 3, and TE16 are considered common compared to these =P)…

Before the term VOLK Racing was associated your jdm tyte HELLAFRUSH ce28n, te37s, se37s, and le37s, they created the F-zero line:

1) Volk Challenge F-zero
2) Volk Trophy F-zero
3) Volk Daytona F-zero
4) Volk Winning F-zero
5) Volk Kuwagata F-zero

It is said that whoever owns all five F-zero sets at one time will transform into the great Captain Falcon and be undefeated in the Nürburgring LOL.

2nd row from Left to Right: Challenge, Kuwagata, Daytona

No but seriously, at the time ('96-'00), the F-Zero line featured Volk's highest tier wheels priced at ~$900/piece. All five of these wheels were FORGED one-piece wheels. They all had a brushed aluminum face and anodized blue barrels. Although newer variants of the Challenge and Winning can be found today, these wheels were the first of its kind. These wheels were made for both show and go. The idea was why sacrifice either function or form when you can have both! It was from this philosophy that Volk began making more and more 1-piece forged wheels such as the SE37 and TE37 that are so prominent today.

Of these five wheels, the Kuwagata was the last to be released (late ‘99 to early '00). Thus, the production and sales number for the Kuwagata F-zero was lowest, making them the rarest of the F-Zero line today. My guess for why both numbers were so low can be mainly attributed to Volk releasing the less-expensive RAYS (also 1-piece forged) line at the same time Kuwagata was released (i.e. TE37’s, and the discontinued LE37’s and SE37’s).

That said, I've scour the internet looking for a set and finally found some a year ago. Although they have relatively "weak fitment" according to today's STANCED standards, they'll suffice for those looking for function as well as form (also, there's nothing a set of spacers couldn’t fix ;]).

Wheels: Volk Racing Kuwagata F-zero aka “5 lug sakura”
Size: 18x8 et42
Features:
~ The notorious anodized F-Zero blue Barrel and Lip
~ Complete with the original Volk valve stem and RAYS center cap

From far away the wheels look amazing; however, if examined closely, the wheels show their age. Although the wheels are not bent or cracked in any way, since the face is practically FLUSHED with the lip, curbing the wheels will fuck up the spokes as seen in the pictures. Additionally, rock chip and scratches are evident in the anodized barrel. Although the wheels are presentable, they are in no way show-winning material. If I were to keep them, my plan was to:

1) Give them a new color scheme (possibly “Maziora” the blue? Maybe GiTD like Echonova?)
2) Mount them on my car and be the MOST JDM TYTE VOLK RUNNING MOTHA FUCKA AT THE ATLANTA V MEET but…

Unfortunately, that never happened as I ended up selling my car before even touching them. The tires mounted are dry and will need to be replaced. That said, let the pictures speak for themselves…

Here they are on other cars:

Here’s a picture for shits and giggles:

Closing remarks:
These are some really rare wheels ( I daresay this is 1 of 4 sets in the country). I frequent wheel forums and I rarely see another set for sale. Don’t believe me? Ask any wheelwhore, any REAL wheelwhore. That said, buy these and set yourself apart from the XE-37 cookie cutting, WERK doing, FN01R-Cating ROTArS.

Price is $900 picked up. No trades. Willing to ship at buyer's expense.

Don’t like gay flower wheels? Don’t like the price? Don’t post.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:29 AM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool looking wheels!
Free bump for you!!
Old 06-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Instructor

Price Drop for a quick sale:

900 picked up

mod edit-changed
Old 12-22-2011, 08:43 AM
Instructor

If anyone is coming to/through Atlanta this weekend, contact me and we'll work out a special traveler's deal!