Color:

Location (State/Prov):

Pioneer AVC-RGB 1's available

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 02:15 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer AVC-RGB 1's available

I have 3 RGB-1's available for sale, I want $225 per unit. I hope Ken Steele would vouch for me, I was one of the original modifiers and sold my original unit to Ken Steele. If anyone is interested PM message me.
Old 03-23-2002, 12:40 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I pm'd you...send 'em over, I'll buy all three. I will pay however and right away

ron@streeteffectz.com is my email
Old 03-23-2002, 01:30 PM
Smack My B*tch Up

for that price you can use the GEX model, and it will do the same + it will have the modulator + IR + tunner
Old 03-23-2002, 04:59 PM
Banned

Henry, I'll still buy all three if you have them
Old 03-24-2002, 03:16 AM
Advanced

GEX-TV unit

I believe I was one of the first to also do the GEX-TV modification with the extensive help of SteveSTMS.

While it is possible to use the GEX-TV unit, there are several problems with it. The first and largest in my opinion is the necessity of the Pioneer monitor to access the on screen display. The OSD is not displayed on the NAVI screed due to sync problems that SteveSTMS explained somewhere. Another problem is the difficulty of the modifcation to the box. I was never able to have both the AVD-505 monitor and the NAVI screen work simultaneously, which made the RGB-1 necessary since I had the AVD-505 in the rear of my car. If you were to use monitors that did not have a RGB input then the GEX-TV is a good choice IF you have access to a Pioneer monitor or have an oscilliscope handy.

SteveSTMS' instructions on how to modify the RGB box allow both the NAVI screen and a Pioneer RGB monitor to work simultaneously. I had a webpage up with pictures and descriptions on how to do the modifications but it seems that it is down now. I believe KenSteele's web page is still up with pictures and instructions.

If you have an easy way around the limitations of the GEX box please let me know, I had an unfortunate accident with a passanger and a big gulp which destroyed my GEX box. I wouldn't mind replacing my RGB-1 with a GEX.
Old 03-24-2002, 12:14 PM
Race Director

Re: Pioneer AVC-RGB 1's available

Originally posted by Henry
I have 3 RGB-1's available for sale, I want $225 per unit. I hope Ken Steele would vouch for me, I was one of the original modifiers and sold my original unit to Ken Steele. If anyone is interested PM message me.
Absolutely, I can vouch for Henry's RGB-1. Got mine from him along with the AVD-505 and it's truly awesome; works perfectly today. I would say this is one of the best mods for the CL.
Old 03-24-2002, 12:48 PM
Ambidextrous Masturbator

Henry... you have mail!

Old 03-24-2002, 09:57 PM
Smack My B*tch Up

Re: GEX-TV unit

I believe I was one of the first to also do the GEX-TV modification with the extensive help of SteveSTMS.

While it is possible to use the GEX-TV unit, there are several problems with it. The first and largest in my opinion is the necessity of the Pioneer monitor to access the on screen display. The OSD is not displayed on the NAVI screed due to sync problems that SteveSTMS explained somewhere. Another problem is the difficulty of the modifcation to the box. I was never able to have both the AVD-505 monitor and the NAVI screen work simultaneously, which made the RGB-1 necessary since I had the AVD-505 in the rear of my car. If you were to use monitors that did not have a RGB input then the GEX-TV is a good choice IF you have access to a Pioneer monitor or have an oscilliscope handy.

SteveSTMS' instructions on how to modify the RGB box allow both the NAVI screen and a Pioneer RGB monitor to work simultaneously. I had a webpage up with pictures and descriptions on how to do the modifications but it seems that it is down now. I believe KenSteele's web page is still up with pictures and instructions.

If you have an easy way around the limitations of the GEX box please let me know, I had an unfortunate accident with a passanger and a big gulp which destroyed my GEX box. I wouldn't mind replacing my RGB-1 with a GEX.
my gex box allows me to work get both the navi screen and the AVD screen to work simultaneously
Old 03-25-2002, 12:59 AM
Advanced

GEX-TV unit

Samer,

How did you modify the GEX box? Did you cut into the cable and splice the wires or did you solder directly onto the board? If you can describe how you did your modifications I may have 4 RGB-1s for sale then. Also were you able to get the OSD on the NAVI screen? If not then anyone that does not have the AVD-505 would have to buy the $400 AVD-505 unit and the GEX box.
Old 03-25-2002, 12:37 PM
Smack My B*tch Up

Samer,

How did you modify the GEX box? Did you cut into the cable and splice the wires or did you solder directly onto the board? If you can describe how you did your modifications I may have 4 RGB-1s for sale then. Also were you able to get the OSD on the NAVI screen? If not then anyone that does not have the AVD-505 would have to buy the $400 AVD-505 unit and the GEX box.
I soldered directly onto the board.

once you hookup the AVD monitor, you will be able to view the OSD on both screens.

And yha you, do have to get the AVD-505, I got one from Ebay for $250. and you can always sell it back at a good value.
Old 03-25-2002, 04:23 PM
Resident Lurker

hey anyone out there from bay area or nor cal wanna make some money modifiying my navi. if you have the parts ill buy them plus pay to have you install them. i will travel to you just email me the cost
Old 03-28-2002, 04:14 PM
Pro

HENRY i pmd u

check your box i couldnt sign on to a-tl for some reason and i never had your e mail address so i hope we can still get this done
Old 03-28-2002, 10:30 PM
Banned

Are these still available Henry??? I still have cash, in hand, waiting to send to you
Old 03-28-2002, 10:53 PM
10th Gear

did yours try this place yet. They sell it for only $129
http://www.buyloud.com/product_detail.jsp?pid=1660
Old 03-29-2002, 01:38 AM
Advanced

RGB-1s

Ok all are now officially taken. 1 to Streeteffectz, 1 to Sidvicious, and 1 to Generationz. If any of them fall out I will let everyone know. Also I think I called that place before and they didn't have any in stock but could 'order' them.
Old 03-29-2002, 09:55 AM
"v1 saved my ass ......."

Henry, I have the RGB-1 and I am looking to get the GEX also because I already have a mostly pioneer system. Its a AVX-7000cd, avm-p9000r, xdv-p9, rgb1 already modified. Now, if I was to get the GEX, what would that allow me to do in my pionner system? Would I still be able to get the TV signal from it to my AVX-p7000cd? Also, you say that I can use the AVD-505 monitor to do the OSD. Is it possible to use the avm-p9000r's capabilities instead for displaying. Essentially what I am asking, is if I hook up the GEX modified to my current system, what will I be able to view on my NAVI display and what will I be able to view on my AVX display?

AdamR

Old 04-02-2002, 03:51 PM
Advanced

GEX-TV

The GEX-TV is a tv tuner and fm modulator unit. It has both RGB and composite outputs for video and RCA audio outputs. You should be able to plug in the Pioneer monitor you have.
Old 04-02-2002, 04:13 PM
Pro

Re: GEX-TV

The GEX-TV is a tv tuner and fm modulator unit. It has both RGB and composite outputs for video and RCA audio outputs. You should be able to plug in the Pioneer monitor you have.
henry check your pm
Old 04-02-2002, 04:47 PM
Advanced

RGB-1

Got your PM Generationz, send me your info. I met with SidVicious last night and gave him one. StreetEffectz, if you still want the last one let me know.
Old 04-02-2002, 04:58 PM
Pro

Re: RGB-1

Got your PM Generationz, send me your info. I met with SidVicious last night and gave him one. StreetEffectz, if you still want the last one let me know.
str8 im pmin u now!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2002, 10:07 PM
Banned

Yes, I definitely want it!