Color:

Location (State/Prov):

Just bought wrecked '98 CL - Need Parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 03:37 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought wrecked '98 CL - Need Parts

I just purchased a '98 CL (premium) that has a wrecked front end and needs an entire paint job. Chainlink fence made it look like it went through a cheesegrader. Anyway I have searched quite a bit for used parts but haven't had any luck for this model and year. If you know where I can get any of the following: HOOD, RIGHT FENDER, FRONT BUMBER, BOTH AIRBAGS, RIGHT HEADLIGHT & MARKER LIGHT and a WINDSHIELD. Please let me know. I got this car for a pretty sweet price but I don't have the bucks to buy all new parts. Any links are appreciated and thanks for reading.

Oh yeah if you want to see the car, there are some photos Here . We went down a four foot drop-off and through a chainlink fence going about 15-20 miles per hour.
Old 06-13-2002, 06:07 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First of all, welcome to the board!!!
Second, welcome to the CL Family!!!!
Third, once your car is fixed, you need to join us for our monthly Sacto meets!!!!!!! You will not regret it!!!!!
Click here for more info!!!

Or click here for the Sacto CL website!!!

Now to try and answer your question. Have you tried the Junk Yards in Rancho Cordova???? They have an awesome selection and each one specializes in a specific make. The one I remember was called HAP, or Honda Auto Parts, or Honda Acura Parts!! When I was there they had an NSX engine and an S2000 engine, both with trannies, just sitting in the front waiting to be bought. I don't know the addy off hand, but I am sure you can find it.

Welcome and keep us posted on your progress!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2002, 06:08 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Forgot to mention that the car doesn't look that bad!!!!! Some new parts and some paint and you will have on sweet ride!!!

Here is a website for new Acura Parts that is cheaper than any dealer!!!!

Acura Carland

Good Luck!!
Old 06-13-2002, 06:18 PM
10th Gear

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have called several wrecking yards in the area including HAP but no luck so far. I have also been to many sites and have found quite a few that have one or two of the parts I need but nothing used unfortunately. So far for the most complete list of parts the best site I have found is http://www.oem-car-parts.com/ They have pretty much everything and I tried to total up the parts I need including airbags and came up right around $3700.00. Hopefully I can do alot better than that with used parts and than find a good place to have the work done....know of any by the way?
My buddy that sold me the car just bought a 2003 TL - type S and is a big Acura fan so maybe we will try to get to one of those monthly meets

Thanks again!
Old 06-13-2002, 07:27 PM
blah blah blah

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
First of all...Welcome to the board...and the car doesn't look to bad...just need some body work, and a nice paint job. Might want to go with a custom pain job. Since u have to redo the whole car. Have you tried the site http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.net/ ??

I think AztecRol already gave u that site. BUt anywayz, u might have more luck in the First Gen page instead of posting on the black market.
Old 07-03-2002, 07:23 PM
3rd Gear

New to forum

Sup, yeah i just got a CL also it goin ok, want to lower the car, put some rims 18 or 17 depend on money.
Know anywhere i can get some volk gt-p or axis se7en. i live in s.calif also

99 CL
Black/Sliver interior
Stock everything
Old 07-09-2002, 11:39 PM
Racer

Hey SacGuy and everyone else,

This is my first post so please don't chastise if I screw up some where.

It kinda sucks having to have such a beautiful car wrecked right? I just got my 97 Acura 3.0 CL in April (yes it's a 97, I'm only 18 and a little short on cash) and after a week some old punk T-bones me when he had a stop sign and it was my right of way but he was never issued a ticket, where his defense was I was speeding (going 40MPH on a 40MPH road).

BTW, here's a pic.

Well, I'll get back to the subject. I'm also in the process of rebuilding my car. And I found a site that has a directory of used parts from part recyclers or junk yards all over the US. I'm pretty sure it's very common, but it beats the prices for new parts sometimes by upto a 100%.

It's www.car-part.com

Most of these places will work out a deal with you and if it's out of state they will try to ship it to you cheap. The site has a list of about every part one can think of. Anyhow, just check it out.

If you don't see a part there, I have a friend down here in South Florida that I can get any parts from an Acura Dealer 30% off. Just drop me a pm or email me at

james@dartpc.com

but I think I have to check with him first.

Good luck on your project and if you could please send me some pics of the finished product! Thx.