Color:

Location (State/Prov):

FS: MB Quart 6x9 components NIB

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 12:49 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
FS: MB Quart 6x9 components NIB

I have a new, in-the-box set of MB Quart RCE 269 component speakers.

This Made in Germany kit includes:

2 6x9 long-throw woofers with copolymer cones, nitrile rubber surrounds (a must for long life in rear decks!) and injection-molded baskets. These speakers drop in to the TSX rear deck and clear the trunk springs with room to spare! (Modification of the underside of the 6x9 grille is required - can be done with a pair of wire cutters. Fitment into other Acuras is not known personally by me and thus I make no representations about that).

I have a set of these in my TSX and they sound great (connected to a JL 300/4 in 4-channel mode, 75wpc, no tweets in use).

2 19mm (.75") titanium tweeters with neodymium magnets. Very small tweeters. Can fit onto 6x9s for a "high-end coaxial".

2 Reference passive crossovers. These use high-end parts, including a cool light bulb in series with the tweeter for high-power protection (excess power just lights up the bulb!). Xover point is at 3900 Hz. Tweeter output is adjustable.

All factory-shipped mounting hardware is in there - I've never even opened the box! You get them for $225 with free ground shipping in the continental US, Paypal, Paypal, or Paypal.

For more info see here and here.

I also have this identical set, MINUS THE 6x9's - if you want a set of high-end tweeters and crossovers for a good deal, please contact me via PM.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:58 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
so you can mount the tweeters on the 6x9s? is that simple to do?

can you get good deals on Reference 6.5s coaxials for the rear doors?
Old 08-18-2004, 04:03 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eldu, these 6x9's will give me MONSTER bass right?

By the way, now that all the speakers are broken in, things are sounding better and better with the system. I've got the gains on the fronts set to about 1/4 the way up (bass is the same that you set it to) and I can crank it to about 35 before I notice some distortion. VERY LOUD! Im going to install the Alpines in the rear doors this weekend. I also bought another Cascade door kit and trunk kit as well.

And Jigga, you were right, my $500 budget got blown away a long time ago...
Old 08-18-2004, 04:27 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
yeah i wish i could have spent 500 and been happy myself.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:59 PM
VP Electricity

Originally Posted by jiggaman
so you can mount the tweeters on the 6x9s? is that simple to do?

can you get good deals on Reference 6.5s coaxials for the rear doors?
I don't have a line on the Reference 6.5's at the moment, sorry.

I believe all the MB Quart Reference seperates allow the tweeter coaxial mounting. There's a phase plug that protrudes forward where the dust cap would be, and it looks like it snaps on there - but I've never done it, so I don't know for sure. I would read the install instructions on the web site to make certain.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by elduderino
I don't have a line on the Reference 6.5's at the moment, sorry.

I believe all the MB Quart Reference seperates allow the tweeter coaxial mounting. There's a phase plug that protrudes forward where the dust cap would be, and it looks like it snaps on there - but I've never done it, so I don't know for sure. I would read the install instructions on the web site to make certain.

Yes, this is correct. I looked at these speakers just the other day (a bit out of my price range). Would these work as a straight swap for the existing 6x9s? Any idea if the removable tweeters could be mounted in place of the in-dash tweeters? Assuming the stock head unit and amp.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:34 PM
VP Electricity

Originally Posted by jlukja
Yes, this is correct. I looked at these speakers just the other day (a bit out of my price range). Would these work as a straight swap for the existing 6x9s? Any idea if the removable tweeters could be mounted in place of the in-dash tweeters? Assuming the stock head unit and amp.
Yes, they are a straight swap for the factory 6x9's, but note the grille modification and power requirement notes above.

The tweeters are smaller than the factory, so they definitely can fit... I haven't tried to mount the tweeter mounting hardware in that hole, so I don't know if they are drop-in or if you might need to make some sort of mounting ring. I suspect that the MBQ HW would allow drop-in mounting, but I would probably make a mounting ring and cover them in grille cloth anyway (as I am going to do with my Alpines).
Old 08-19-2004, 08:00 AM
Littering and.....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So that means I wouldn't be able to hook the 6x9's to the factory amp because they are rated for 80-150 watts?
Old 08-19-2004, 04:19 PM
VP Electricity

I'm sure they would play, but apparently MBQ doesn't recommend it.

Remember, the best way to blow up a speaker is by connecting it to too small an amp. While I want to sell these, I wouldn't recommend that you try that - too likely to blow up the speaker.