Mileage:

Color:

Location (State/Prov):

FS: APS Twin Turbo Infiniti G35 Coupe

Old 10-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 21 Posts
FS: APS Twin Turbo Infiniti G35 Coupe

I'd rather pursue starting my own business right now then to keep going with this hobby. The car is paid for and getting some minor work done to it right now (new transmission) so theres no immediate rush. I'd really hate to give up what I always considered to be my dream car but sometimes you have to sacrifice in order to get what you really want in life. Price is $31,500

03 G35 Coupe
6MT
Brembo Brakes
Navigation System
Black Leather

Modifications on the G35..

Stock Engine
Passport 8500
ZR3 Laser Shifter
Hotchkis Sways
Nismo Exhaust
Random Technology cats
Grounding Kit
TS1 Front Bumper (Top Secret Replica)
Extreme Dimensions Sideskirts
Tail Light Overlays
32% Tint
Volk SF Winnings
RPS Clutch/Flywheel
Eibach Springs / 415whp
APS Twin Turbo (www.airpowersystems.com)
APS Tallboy Plenum
Brand new paint job (not even a month old)

58,xxx miles with 4xxx miles on the engine and turbo kit.

I'm willing to answer any questions, I know every inch of this car as if it is the back of my hand.. I've had it since it was bone stock. Price includes the stock wheels and any other stock components needed. thanks.

tony
Old 10-06-2005, 03:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
well, thats probably the baddest G i have seen. any shots of the engine? what about dyno graphs/tunes? i'm sure people will want to be 110% sure that this thing runs mint considering the TT.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Received 1,001 Likes on 572 Posts
I just deleted a couple of threads. We all agree this is a bad ass car, and if I leave all the posts that say that this is going to be a long bad ass thread, so let's please confine the posts to ones that deal with buying the car.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Racer

Only engine pictures I got are from the turbo install but I can take more.. you just cant see the turbos from popping the hood though. This has been my daily driver actually, 3rd gear started having some problems recently so I'm having the transmission completely replaced right now.

I got the dyno and engine pics, imageshack just wont pull up right now. I'll try to post when I get home.

Last edited by tonio; 10-06-2005 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:49 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why a new paint job? Is it a different black? Also the engine has only 4xxx miles on it while the rest of the car has 58,xxx miles?
Old 10-06-2005, 07:42 PM
Racer

Engine was replaced in May due to oil consumption, this was before the twin turbo kit was installed.

The new paint job came from a front end collision with a deer, the front fascia went from

to

to this

Everything up front is brand new, the clip, bumper, headlights and fenders.. suprisingly the deer only did cosmetic damage. In order to get the paint to match up I decided to get the entire car repainted and the finished product is much better than OEM. When the car was painted the entire body kit was taken off and done right.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any engine bay or interior pics ?
Old 10-07-2005, 07:48 AM
Racer

Pictures from the TT install.. I'll try and take some engine pictures as it sits right now

Old 10-07-2005, 08:22 AM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
I was gonna get the new IS350 and all since its stock numbers and luxury were better than the G35c which is what I really wanted, but your car looks great with the black on black and has a lot of the options I would have been adding! So,
what happened with third gear?
Is the turbo tuned for max power or is it backed down some?

I would use this as my daily driver since my Sequioa gets 12mpg and the Jeep is my wife's toy (and a p/o/s in my opinion), so reliability/daily drivability is a major issue for me.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by r10apple
I was gonna get the new IS350 and all since its stock numbers and luxury were better than the G35c which is what I really wanted, but your car looks great with the black on black and has a lot of the options I would have been adding! So,
what happened with third gear?
Is the turbo tuned for max power or is it backed down some?

I would use this as my daily driver since my Sequioa gets 12mpg and the Jeep is my wife's toy (and a p/o/s in my opinion), so reliability/daily drivability is a major issue for me.

Thank you for your interest. 3rd gear, I wont even lie to you I'm not sure what happened there, the early 03's had problems with the synchro's in 3rd gear and 5th and I believe that is what happened here. There are plenty of 350Z's putting down 500whp to 600whp on the stock transmission with no problems, but plenty of early 03's having their 3rd gear synchros go out. The transmission I'm putting in now is from an 04.

As for the turbo kit, it is literally the best twin turbo kit for the VQ. The APS Twin Turbo kit is the most complete kit available for the G35 and 350Z. The kit has the potential for 800 crank horsepower, I'm only pushing 9.5-10psi on this kit and it maxes out at 16psi.

I'm not one of these people that will sugar coat things so I will say the car is a great daily driver but its even better for weekends. I say that because most everything is custom and it would be extremely hard to replace the parts with a quick turn around should something happen. I hit that deer on July the 9th, but I didnt get the car back until September 14th. I paid for all of the parts up front cause I wouldn't allow the insurance company to order the BS they wanted to put on the car. Anyone who has worked on the car I was there almost every day watching how everything came together.. if I had a lift at home I probably would have done much of the work myself.

With that said, nothing else I've driven compares to this car. Turbo lag does not exist in 1st and 2nd, and there is not much out there stock that can keep up.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:57 PM
lover and fighter

I was aware of the synchro issue, I just was curious as to your thoughts there. So, you scraped the '04 tranny used or what? Who's putting that in? Warranty? I am not worried about any insurance woes as I am in the business!!!

I may use it three days a week or so, and on the weekends, I just don't wanna be pushing the motor through the hood or anything as I would probably put 15-20k miles a year on the car. 10psi isn't pushing with your kit, so that's all good. I definitely believe you on the power issues...

How far are you from Cumming? My dad lives there and this may be an excuse to get up there in the next few weeks if you have not yet sold the car...
Old 10-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Racer

Well, the only thing keeping me from getting an 05 transmission is the price.. I havent checked and probably wouldnt want to know how much they're going for. Infiniti is putting in the transmission I'm getting now, hopefully it will be done by tonight.

Not too far from cumming, probably 45 minutes without traffic if that. When I do sell the car I want the buyer to see and drive the car beforehand... I couldnt see selling this car without knowing this is what the buyer really wants. Let me know when you're in town and we'll go for a ride.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Free voucher for a fellow IA member. I've seen the car a few times, I saw it at Nopi. Absolutly stunning vehicle. Tony is a good seller, so you don't have to worry about that. Car is a monster, as well. Tonio, I'm Buford on IA.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Acura TLS are SLOW

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Your the guy with the dual projectors headlights that my friend was raving about. The car is sick man. Nice work.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by All Mine
Free voucher for a fellow IA member. I've seen the car a few times, I saw it at Nopi. Absolutly stunning vehicle. Tony is a good seller, so you don't have to worry about that. Car is a monster, as well. Tonio, I'm Buford on IA.

Thanks! I truly appreciate that, I saw pictures of your CL on Importatlanta and it is CLEAN!.. this was the first forum I ever joined because I just had to have a TL or CL, things didnt quite work out though.

Originally Posted by MotionEffects
Your the guy with the dual projectors headlights that my friend was raving about. The car is sick man. Nice work.

Damn see its comments like this that make it extremely hard to sell my car, I went and got the transmission replaced tonight and I was arguing with myself as to why I shouldn't sell it. Thank you for the compliments though, it means a lot.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Originally Posted by tonio
Thanks! I truly appreciate that.
No problem!

I saw pictures of your CL on Importatlanta and it is CLEAN!
Thanks! I appreciate that as well!

this was the first forum I ever joined because I just had to have a TL or CL, things didnt quite work out though.
Lol. I was courious why you were on here. Come out to the North Point meet this week, let's see each other's rides again.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:41 AM
lover and fighter

I will monitor your thread...

I will say I am not one to jerk you around on price, offers, etc. I am trying to sell my car now (I already have three freakin' cars and a mortgage) and ordered the new IS, but I would eat the deposit if I fall in love with your ride. I have no financing woes or issues, so no beef there.

It's just timing and all with three kids, Christmas, etc. I am juggling some things around, and certainly as you advised I would want to see and drive the car and let my dad (Mr. Carexpertoftheworld) check out the car rather than set something at a shop somewhere. What I am saying is is that if someone serious comes along between now and whenever, that's cool, go with it, otherwise, I am serious but am working on the speed of life at the moment. Either way, I will be in Hotlanta before Thanksgiving for sure, and if still for sale, I will definitely check it out and see what we can accomplish from there.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by r10apple
I will monitor your thread...

I will say I am not one to jerk you around on price, offers, etc. I am trying to sell my car now (I already have three freakin' cars and a mortgage) and ordered the new IS, but I would eat the deposit if I fall in love with your ride. I have no financing woes or issues, so no beef there.

It's just timing and all with three kids, Christmas, etc. I am juggling some things around, and certainly as you advised I would want to see and drive the car and let my dad (Mr. Carexpertoftheworld) check out the car rather than set something at a shop somewhere. What I am saying is is that if someone serious comes along between now and whenever, that's cool, go with it, otherwise, I am serious but am working on the speed of life at the moment. Either way, I will be in Hotlanta before Thanksgiving for sure, and if still for sale, I will definitely check it out and see what we can accomplish from there.
Sounds good and I appreciate it, I knew it would probably take a little while for me to sell the car so its no rush for me. Just keep me updated and we can work something out.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:53 PM
Racer

one last bump before I put it in the autotrader
Old 10-12-2005, 01:55 PM
Instructor

Man I wanna trade my car in now Super sweet ride! Hope it ends up with someone that will take good care of it as u did!
Old 10-23-2005, 10:20 PM
Racer

updated pics

Old 10-23-2005, 11:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

damn...the car is soo hot, but..i just got mY TL not too long ago, don't think i can afford another car.