Color:

Location (State/Prov):

FS: 2003 Cl-s 6speed Part Out***BUYER BEWARE--Possible Scam****

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 07:00 PM
Registered Big Dog

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by kHmER Co
most of us have his personal info, I have his name, addy, and banking information.. i guess his phone # is of no use cause he doesnt pick up.
post teh addy let us go to work
Old 08-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
heres the addy:

arthur scott
405 s. dale mabry hwy
tampa, fl 33609

(813) - 356-8011
Old 08-23-2005, 09:33 PM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by Smitty
Back in 2002 this thread was made!!!!!!!!!!

Kavatrax was a smart man.... too bad a couple of you did not think twice about reading it.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...1&page=1&pp=25

Now go post in it and make sure he does not do this to ANYONE else.

Next time READ...

I honestly feel bad for you guys and I really dislike thieves (if that is the case here)
Lets just hope Spoony shows his face before someone goes over to rearrange it for him.

(this is just my and my thoughts and views have no reflection on Acurazine in any part or whole)
I actually read that thread before. That's why I waited for others to buy first and get their stuff. As soon as I heard others were getting their stuff, I put faith in him and bought from him. And the deal seemed legit, the price is reasonable cause that's about close to what I could have gotten it for without some goodies. But fuck it, I messed up, da damnit. Oh wells, goodluck running, cause you commited a felony, and my Credit Card company is after your ass. But like I said, if I do receive my shit, I'll drop all charges...
Old 08-23-2005, 09:55 PM
Has been sold for a while

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PiMpiN wHITe Cl-S
heres the addy:

arthur scott
405 s. dale mabry hwy
tampa, fl 33609
(813) - 356-8011
Here is the info I received:

He gave me this name and location. It is not the same as the one you posted. This is the name and address listed on his Paypal account as well. I paid via money order so he would need an ID with this name to cash it. Everyone post the name and location you sent to as well as the method.

Stacy Aspinall
3618 E. north bay street
Tampa, FL 33610

813-356-8011

vexbird456@hotmail.com

Bank:Wachovia
Routing#:031100869
Acct#-1010100644533
Old 08-23-2005, 10:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

i just checked my paypal and i also had the same info:

Name:
STACY ASPINALL
Email:
VEXBIRD456@HOTMAIL.COM

the address/info that i addded before could of been from the UPS store?
Old 08-23-2005, 10:48 PM

Anyone near Tampa?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=3618+E...0.015533&hl=en
Old 08-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Comptech Freak

funny, i bought the type-S cat and i got it in less than a week

and it actually works on my car now
Old 08-23-2005, 11:20 PM
mister D

Originally Posted by J.T.'s 3.2TL

He gave me this name and location. It is not the same as the one you posted. This is the name and address listed on his Paypal account as well. I paid via money order so he would need an ID with this name to cash it. Everyone post the name and location you sent to as well as the method.

Stacy Aspinall
3618 E. north bay street
Tampa, FL 33610

813-356-8011

vexbird456@hotmail.com

Acct#-1010100644533
I recieved this same information
Old 08-23-2005, 11:24 PM
Homeless

Not so sure it's a good idea to post his banking info in the thread like this.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:36 PM

Not so good him ripping people off for 5 g's either. If the mods think it should go delete it.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:29 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn.....I feel sorry for all you guys. I just went through a similar thing with a supercharger I bought. If any of you guys refused or shipped the product but to him you can file a claim with your CC company and get your money back that way. Paypal won't do jack if it's not an item bought through eBay. If you haven't gotten anything you can still get your money back through the CC company because they'll ask the seller to provide infomation that they actually shipped the product to you. Lastly you can contact local authorities and get him that way. If you have the money, get a lawyer on his a$$ since you have all his contact info.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:48 AM
Instructor

I had the same experience with this monkey ass in NJ when I sent him money thru Paypal for a set of S4 HIDs for my Audi. This guy sent me a complete garbage. Filed a claim with my CC company and luckily got my money back. Sorry for you guys that got ripped. Go visit this lo life scumbag and break some bones..
Old 08-24-2005, 05:42 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by PiMpiN wHITe Cl-S
heres the addy:

arthur scott
405 s. dale mabry hwy
tampa, fl 33609

(813) - 356-8011

He could possibly be trying to pull a fast one by sending from multiple addresses, but this could also be the actual address of the UPS Store he sent it from. I know when i worked a UPS Store, we would put customer names on the from part of the address slip but leave the rest of the information as the store contact info. That way, receivers would know who the package was from, but would also have contact info if anything was wrong with the package.

Hope you guys settle this stuff out, sucks to see people getting scammed.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:08 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by samkws
funny, i bought the type-S cat and i got it in less than a week

and it actually works on my car now

you bought the catalytic converter for the type S to put on your car?
Old 08-24-2005, 06:34 AM
7th Gear

Stacy Aspinall
3618 E. north bay street
Tampa, FL 33610

813-356-8011

vexbird456@hotmail.com

Acct#-1010100644533

He provided me with another bank with under a different person's name. I can't remember what it is now as I deleted all his PM's.

I was about to purchase the transmission and engine parts but backed away when I saw his old WTB posts on some engine parts, which led me to believe that I might be buying an engine that he tried to repair previously.

Sounded like a nice guy on the phone though.

Last edited by square_pusher; 08-24-2005 at 06:37 AM.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:50 AM
10th Gear

This is not some scam.......this has been the problem since paypal has put a hold on my account. The people who have sent me money the other ways have gotten their products have gotten everything. I have been having paypal problems for about 2 1/2 weeks.....they were not returning the money to the people because of I don't know. Some money was returned to some people, and they still got their products and they said that they would send me the money back through money order or wire transfer and they haven't. I was moving and my computer was in a box, so that is the lengthy reason for no response. THere is no scam, I have told the buyers who have used paypal, to put in a buyer complaint so that they WOULD return the money, but they just started to do that. for me to send an engine and tranny when I only got 1200, is insane. I am not out to scam anyone, everyone except KMERco...has received everything that wasn't paid through paypal. THis is the first day that I am back on the computer, and I am willing to straighten everything out
Old 08-24-2005, 09:25 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
how about returning that $1200 and calling it a day and starting over?
Old 08-24-2005, 09:42 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Astroboy
guys.....don't you all know if it sounds too good to be true, it's likely a scam? come on, a motor and tranny for 5k?? prices like that SCREAM stolen goods, i can't believe so many people played sheep and followed along.

you all should have known something was up when orders arrived via UPS, even tho he clearly stated at the start of his thread that shipping would be cheap because his boy works at FedEx....

I bet teh car was stolen and stripped, and PayPal caught on to him. then when he couldn't provide teh documents they needed, they refunded teh payments they could and shut down his paypal acct.

it does seem like there are members that know where this guy lives or is from, i'd suggest putting together a crew of people and showing up at the return address he listed on the packages that did get shipped.

well you bet wrong, this car was an insurance total loss, that was my personal car......nothing stolen or anything like that.....paypal just wanted to be assholes, and do some sort of verification process, because they saw all kinds of money coming in to my account, before you open your mouth and talk you should get the facts straight, no one is going to get ripped-off or anything like that.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:43 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by spoony
well you bet wrong, this car was an insurance total loss, that was my personal car......nothing stolen or anything like that.....paypal just wanted to be assholes, and do some sort of verification process, because they saw all kinds of money coming in to my account, before you open your mouth and talk you should get the facts straight, no one is going to get ripped-off or anything like that.

Originally Posted by CLpower
Old 08-24-2005, 09:43 AM
10th Gear

me and him have already come to an understanding...............so thanks for the input. I just got my computer back hooked up, and that is why I haven't been responding to anything. everything will be shipped and accounted for. Don't worry
Old 08-24-2005, 09:45 AM
10th Gear

How much of your money does he have? I'm out $400 if he doesn't do the right thing!
how are you out 400 dollars........your car is silver, and the parts are black. You have to sand and strip down that paint to repaint them back silver. A body shop can do that. I told you that the bumper was scratched from the beginning. I am really not entertaining this.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:57 AM
mister D

This is not some scam.......this has been the problem since paypal has put a hold on my account. The people who have sent me money the other ways have gotten their products have gotten everything. I have been having paypal problems for about 2 1/2 weeks.....they were not returning the money to the people because of I don't know. Some money was returned to some people, and they still got their products and they said that they would send me the money back through money order or wire transfer and they haven't. I was moving and my computer was in a box, so that is the lengthy reason for no response. THere is no scam, I have told the buyers who have used paypal, to put in a buyer complaint so that they WOULD return the money, but they just started to do that. for me to send an engine and tranny when I only got 1200, is insane. I am not out to scam anyone, everyone except KMERco...has received everything that wasn't paid through paypal. THis is the first day that I am back on the computer, and I am willing to straighten everything out
well I just hope you straighten things out with everyone, I paid you a while back already, when can I expect my parts
Old 08-24-2005, 09:58 AM

how are you out 400 dollars........your car is silver, and the parts are black. You have to sand and strip down that paint to repaint them back silver. A body shop can do that. I told you that the bumper was scratched from the beginning. I am really not entertaining this.

Read my previous posts below!

I just went up to the shipping company to pick up the items since I was just informed today it would be $75 for delivery to my home since the seller did not pay it.

When I arrived the front bumper condition was in no way near the condition stated by the seller. First of all NO packaging material was used on the front bumper at all, it was just sitting on the ground. Upon inspection there was a nice sized indention formed on the lower left front of the bumper. You could tell that was on there before shipment. The entire thing was scraped to hell and chipped with broken mounting clips on one side. Clearly the item description was exaggerated horribly. The hood wasn't much better. The hood wasn't put in a box either it only had a thin layer of bubble wrap placed around it not covering the entire thing. The hood had a nice dent right in the middle of it and had many scrapes down to the metal along the edges of it. Needless to say I refused the shipment. These parts were not close to being as described. There is no way these supposedly good parts got that screwed up in shipping. I expect a full refund as the items are being sent back to you. You seemed like a decent guy so I hope you make this right. The reason I asked if the hood and bumper were damaged with any dents or scrapes is because I didn't want to have any body work done to install the parts. How can you honestly send me these parts and say "Hood has no dents or anything as is the front bumper."

Question

Is the hood damaged or dented at all? Can I get some pics of the hood? I am a serious buyer if the condition is right.

Thanks, J.T.

Also what is the condition of the front bumper? Any dents or scrapes?

Hood has no dents or anything as is the front bumper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Something this small? This is a big issue in my book. You will see the dent in the hood since its on its way back to you as we speak. What do scratches mean? It means you lied to me! The scratches don't bother me so much but you lied about the condition of both parts. The hood has a big dent in the middle requiring body work and the bumper has a large indention on the lower left side, BROKEN MOUNTING CLIPS as well as many DEEP scratches that require body work. You did not tell me the bumper had deep scratches and indentions requiring body work you told me:

Is the hood damaged or dented at all? Can I get some pics of the hood? I am a serious buyer if the condition is right.

Thanks, J.T.

Also what is the condition of the front bumper? Any dents or scrapes?

Hood has no dents or anything as is the front bumper

Also it is very shady to send me a bumper without any box or packaging material. What kinda shit is that. I guess you figured you already got my hard earned $400 so you don't give a damn how it gets to me. Even the guy on the dock at the shipping company told me that it was the poorest "packing" job he'd seen and he would have refused it as well.

I expect my money back since I refused shipment due to the parts being no where near described.

You can sell them to someone elese after listing the condition honestly! If you do not send my money back I will consider myself ripped off. I wish this could be handled like men and you could be straight up with me instead of saying your not going to argue about something so small. Taking my money isn't small.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You didn't even package the parts! The bumper has an big deformed indention on the bottom requiring body work and BROKEN MOUNTING CLIPS. The hood is dented in the middle as well. The parts need more than sand and paint. You lied about the condition END OF STORY. Don't you think I would have kept it if it would have been the condition stated. I refused the shipment it's on its way back to you! You can either A. keep the parts that are being shipped back and my cash or B. do the right thing and return my $400.

I am trying to be reasonable here man.

Last edited by J.T.'s 3.2TL; 08-24-2005 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:35 AM

hood...doesn't have any dents in it.....

Here is a picture of the freight shipping slip. Notice on the bottom it says:

"REFUSED Bumper had no packaging was scratched and dented hood had dent in center and scratches only bubble wrap for packaging."

hood...doesn't have any dents in it.....
Old 08-24-2005, 11:04 AM
10th Gear

that is a shipping issue, those item, especially the hood, were in perfect condition, if the hood had any dings or dents I would have specified. Just like I did with the radio CD player that was in my car, that doesn't work. It must have been a shipping issue, no there isn't anything wrong with the parts, I didn't lie about anything, I knew they had to be painted, so I said they are in great condition, the hood NEVER had any dents or dings in it at all. I will have to take that up with the shipping company
Old 08-24-2005, 11:06 AM
10th Gear

it is also messed up how you leave my address on the picture, if I was to tell everyone your address I would be wrong. That shit is foul man, I should do that just to prove a point. This is a shipping issue, but you want to be an ass and disclose information that is irrelevant
Old 08-24-2005, 11:11 AM
10th Gear

I paid them 55 dollars for packing also, so like I said it is a definate shipping issue, because they looked over the parts before shipping and notated if there was any damage and there was none. All you have to do is talk and stop assuming before you do things.

Here is a picture of the freight shipping slip. Notice on the bottom it says:

"REFUSED Bumper had no packaging was scratched and dented hood had dent in center and scratches only bubble wrap for packaging."

I
Old 08-24-2005, 11:19 AM

Your address and info is all over this thread already what does one more time hurt? Shipping issue? Things tend to get damaged when you don't put them in a fucking box! What about the deformed bumper and broken mounting clips? No way that happened in shipping. Also you told me you were going to insure it which you didn't. So your right your not a liar.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:24 AM

it is also messed up how you leave my address on the picture, if I was to tell everyone your address I would be wrong. That shit is foul man, I should do that just to prove a point. This is a shipping issue, but you want to be an ass and disclose information that is irrelevant

How is proving that the items shipped to me were damaged and RETURNED to you irrelevant?
Old 08-24-2005, 11:27 AM

I don't care what you do or say from now on shipping issue whatever...Here is the bottom line for everyone to see.

You either:

A. Keep the damaged hood, bumper, grill that I refused AND MY MONEY

or

B. Return my $400

If the answer is anything other than B. everyone will know what your about.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:21 PM
comptech

damn, this happened to me once before. I was out for $800...
Old 08-24-2005, 12:44 PM
Comptech Freak

you bought the catalytic converter for the type S to put on your car?
yes i bought the comptech b-pipe and figured out i would need a type-S cat to make it fit

i don't wnat to cut any of the expensive pipes or cat to make it fit so i bought that from him

now it is , the sound and the flow is better than just my axleback and stock b-pipe setup
Old 08-24-2005, 12:49 PM
Comptech Freak

Give him some time to sort things out, and JT you should deal him with directly instead of on this board
Old 08-24-2005, 12:51 PM
Homeless

Give him some time to sort things out, and JT you should deal him with directly instead of on this board
Good point Sam. Private Message would be better.

Just save all the replies JT so you have everything written down, etc.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:04 PM
Pro

word....maybe he isnt trying ot scam anyone here..but if he does den take it to another level...but now he has returned the messages..so give him another chance to sort things out....
Old 08-24-2005, 01:15 PM
teh Senior Instigator

that is a shipping issue, those item, especially the hood, were in perfect condition, if the hood had any dings or dents I would have specified. Just like I did with the radio CD player that was in my car, that doesn't work. It must have been a shipping issue, no there isn't anything wrong with the parts, I didn't lie about anything, I knew they had to be painted, so I said they are in great condition, the hood NEVER had any dents or dings in it at all. I will have to take that up with the shipping company

sounds more like a packing issue. You wrap a hood in bubble wrap and expect it to make it safely? Even if you had the shipping dept pack the stuff up, it's still your bad and he should be refunded his money, and then YOU need to get some money back from the shipping company
Old 08-24-2005, 01:19 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by chef chris
Good point Sam. Private Message would be better.

Just save all the replies JT so you have everything written down, etc.

I agree w/ you to some point, but as anyone knows, a public outing gets things done a lot quicker then in private. I'm sure JT has tried to contact him privately to no avail.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:20 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 626 Likes on 277 Posts
he's out $400 because you lied to him about the condition. here, publically for all of us to see and read.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:06 PM
trill recognize trill

Damn that fuckin sux if thats the trruth man. Shit i'll tell you one thing PAYPAL FUCKING SUX ASS, especially with reviewing claims. I'm having to deal with some bullshit thats taking just about a fucking month. Good luck with it...
Old 08-24-2005, 06:15 PM

The reason I post this here is to make a record of everything for everyone to see. I figured there is a better chance for him to do the right thing. I did try to contact him by other means first.

Quick Reply: FS: 2003 Cl-s 6speed Part Out***BUYER BEWARE--Possible Scam****