Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Location (State/Prov):

FS: 1998 Acura CL for sale. Crazy stereo!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: 1998 Acura CL for sale. Crazy stereo!

I have close to 10 thousand dollars in stereo equiptment in this car. this is not one of those cars you see that has a nice install but crap componets. Head unit is a clarion vrx 935 pro audio 7inch touchscreen dvd player. front speakers are mb quart q's 6.5 componets. Rear speakers are mbquart premium 6x9's. There are 2 12 inch diamound audio d9 subs. Interior amp is a phoenix gold xenon x100.4. Sub amp is a Pheonix gold xenon 1200.1. The trunk is done very tastefully, with a couple blue led's to match the amps. The sub boxes are actually made to diamond spec with a long square port. The boxes are individual but carpeted as 1 for better sound, and quality. I have 400 dollars of stinger roadkill sound dampening material in the car. 2 stinger car audio batteries. 1 under hood, 1 in the trunk. there is a stinger 150amp circuit breaker inbetween the 2 batteries, which are tied together with 0 gauge stinger wire. The car has an upgraded 160amp alternator to handle all the electronics. Car has the clarion sirius adapter, and antenna installed. Car has Ipod adapter installed. Car has a power 400 watt power inverter, with 2 outlets behind the driver seat installed. Power inverter is in the trunk, and extension cord runs under back seat. All the wire in the car is stinger. All the grounds have been upgraded to bigger better stiner wire. Power coming from alternator has been upgraded as well to battery. There is easilly over 1000 dollars in stinger wire, terminals, and distribution blocks in this car. Stinger bullet rca's. 50 dollar rca's for 10 feet. I have 3 sets of them. Car is set up with a ipod video cable going to center armrest. I put tv on visual and i can play movies of my video ipod. I put it on cd changer i can charge the ipod and listen to music. Tv is wired to watch dvd's while you drive. Car also has valet 2 way pager alarm and remote start. Great for this summer heat. I threw together an excel list of just pieces i have in the stereo. I have over 6500 dollars, not including wire, batteries, terminals, installation, and i guarantee i am forgetting things. If you are into car audio you will love this car. I have never come across a better sounding car. The interiors get very loud, and you can hear them even when the subs are making 150db of bass. the car can almost get to loud, and i very rarely listen to the volume above 18, and it goes all the way up to 32!.

Next comes the mechanics of the car. The car has new good year assurance tires. Said by many to be the best all season tires you can get. Car has newer brembo slotted rotors. New hawk hp pads. Alternator is new as stated above. Water pump and timing belt were done less then 15k ago. Fuel pump, and filter were done at same time was waterpump and timig belt. Car has a new radiator installed less then 2,000 miles ago. Old one was getting clogged. Car has a new themostat, and was just flushed with new radiator. Transmission was rebuilt around 100k miles, the car now has about 137k on it. Runs perfect, not problems with the tranny at all. I also did new plugs, cap and rotor yesterday. And i always used mobile oil in the car.

Car also has 5% tints on the back windows, which were done great, no bubbles.

Only known issue with car is the abs light comes on sometimes. I had it scanned, and it came up damaged rotors. The rotors are pretty knew, so i was told it was probably a faulty sensor. Abs still works, even with light on. Car has a nickle size rock chip on the front bumper, a very small rock chip int he glass. Back bumper was backed into at the wisonsin dells, and it was a hit and run so i never had it fixed. It spidered the bumper a little, but its only visable up close.

The car has been very great daily driver for me, and will run strong for 200k+ easily. i have the title in hand, for an easy sale.

With all the Stereo stuff I would like to get 8600 dollars for this car. If i get no offers, i will then remove all the stereo equiptment, and sell it with the factory head unit, and speakers, for 6400.

I may accept resonable offers, but am in no hurry to sell the car. Blue book for this car in my area is right around the 6400 dollars. On autotrader they range from 5900-8000 for stock cl's. Hear is the chance to have the stereo of your dreams, and a free car. Any questions feel free to pm, post or email me. For pictures of the stereo go to www.sidewayz.net/cl

Thanks in advance, Chris
Old 07-30-2006, 05:17 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The car is for sale. If someone wants it without stereo i would just need a couple of days to get it all out.