Color:

Location (State/Prov):

Classic, pristine 7618/5959S, w/3681!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 09:02 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Classic, pristine 7618/5959S, w/3681!

I will soon have available for sale the following system (not really thinking about splitting it up, so please don't ask):

1) Alpine 7618 Cassette Tuner/System Commander. In Perfect working order, with one great-looking nosepiece and one brand-new nosepiece which has never been installed. Has both Pullout can and 4100-kit DIN mounting parts. It has the GZ transport and the HLTAC tape head, not that anybody knows what that means any more...: ( It also comes with a very-good-looking and completely-operational remote control. The 7618 has the External Processor switch that sets it to fixed preamp output level (see below).

2) Alpine 5959S Changer. This is in excellent shape both cosmetically and functionally, and has the optical digital output. It also comes with the DIN M-Bus cable. Plays CD-Rs. This changer had better, cleaner OP than the 7909, thanks to the 4 D/As and the noise shaping, even without the...

3) Alpine 3681 Digital Crossover with Time Correction. As you may know, the 3681 would only work with two M-Bus head units, the 7618 and the 1310 Commander, because those were the only two M-Bus units that carried volume-setting info on the M-Bus. (This is pre-Ai-NET, remember).

The OP of the 3618 is fixed into the A/D section of the 3681, and then the 3681 handles Volume Out as well. This means that the 3681 can digitally time align CD's and FM radio.

The 3681 allows digital time correction, crossover point selection, and amplitude selection for all 6 output channels (L and R tweet, L and R mid, or L and R sub, OR L and R, F/R/Sub) independantly. It has a scratch on the top, but is completely operational, and comes with the original Alpine box, DIN cable, manual, and optical cable. It's possible that the top plate is still available from Pacific Coast Parts... I don't know.

$900 USD.

My 100% positive feedback is available at ebay as elduderino.com
Old 09-17-2004, 10:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by elduderino
I will soon have available for sale the following system (not really thinking about splitting it up, so please don't ask):

1) Alpine 7618 Cassette Tuner/System Commander. In Perfect working order, with one great-looking nosepiece and one brand-new nosepiece which has never been installed. Has both Pullout can and 4100-kit DIN mounting parts. It has the GZ transport and the HLTAC tape head, not that anybody knows what that means any more...: ( It also comes with a very-good-looking and completely-operational remote control. The 7618 has the External Processor switch that sets it to fixed preamp output level (see below).

2) Alpine 5959S Changer. This is in excellent shape both cosmetically and functionally, and has the optical digital output. It also comes with the DIN M-Bus cable. Plays CD-Rs. This changer had better, cleaner OP than the 7909, thanks to the 4 D/As and the noise shaping, even without the...

3) Alpine 3681 Digital Crossover with Time Correction. As you may know, the 3681 would only work with two M-Bus head units, the 7618 and the 1310 Commander, because those were the only two M-Bus units that carried volume-setting info on the M-Bus. (This is pre-Ai-NET, remember).

The OP of the 3618 is fixed into the A/D section of the 3681, and then the 3681 handles Volume Out as well. This means that the 3681 can digitally time align CD's and FM radio.

The 3681 allows digital time correction, crossover point selection, and amplitude selection for all 6 output channels (L and R tweet, L and R mid, or L and R sub, OR L and R, F/R/Sub) independantly. It has a scratch on the top, but is completely operational, and comes with the original Alpine box, DIN cable, manual, and optical cable. It's possible that the top plate is still available from Pacific Coast Parts... I don't know.

$900 USD.

My 100% positive feedback is available at ebay as elduderino.com

You know, I really can't think of why anyone on here would be interested, but I certainly am....$900 is a little out of range for me though. I wanted to do somthing with the stereo in my CRX, but I just can't justify spending that much. There are a lot of people looking for this head unit though. Do a search on google...I found 3 WTB ads myself.