Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2G CL KSport full coilovers

Category: Steering & Suspension
Price: $400
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part Fits (you may select multiples): CL 2G
Location (State/Prov/Terr): WA
Item Condition: Used

A few months ago I bough an 1986 Isuzu Trooper LS as a commuter to not let my CLS6 go above 100k miles. Well this truck has become my passion. I love it actually. Gonna keep my car garaged until it is paid for in two years then most likely sell it knowing me and go back to Infiniti. Anyhow, seems like a waste to let these go to waste. Bought them used here with a busted strut and I replaced that. They also only came with two of the four adjuster knobs. Seller never told me that but what do you do...

Looking for $400 and your stock springs. I am in 98058 so figure shipping from here. Already sold my Racing Hart c2's. Might sell the comptech cold air box too at some point too. Not decided on that one yet.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Received 1,004 Likes on 574 Posts
Pictures?
Old 11-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Instructor

Seriously Ron? I am not a n00b. They are still in my car so any pics wouldn't be accurate. I have bought and sold on here. Any pix I provide would be of the tops or using the original pics from when I bought them in this very market. If you want to link that go for it.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Received 1,004 Likes on 574 Posts
If I didn't ask, then a bunch of people would start asking, so at least we got this over with.

At least now people will know right from the beginning that they aren't going to see any pictures.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Instructor

Bought them in this thread:

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/%2A%2A%2A-my-2g-tl-ksport-coilovers-your-stocks-cash-754367/

Paid $300 plus shipping. Replacement rear strut was around $150 shipped. Didn't need a new tophat as described in the listed. In order to take pics, I would need to take off all 4 wheels because they are still mounted to my car. Would already have them off to give full pics but I sold my comptech springs to another member here after buying these coilovers (stupid me) so all I have is my stock struts but no springs so I can't take them off.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are they the version RR or kontrol pro? There are 2 that fit the 99-03 TL/01-03 CL from KSport. Also, do you have all the necessary parts included now? i.e. adjusting knobs, tophats, etc. I read the original sale thread and it said that you needed the tophats also.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Instructor

Honestly not sure what type I didn't ask when I bought them but if you can tell me how to identify that I am happy to look. They turned out not to need new to hats just a new strut which I bought after I got them so I could out them to use. Never got the other two adjustment knobs just adjusted the rear before I put my rear seats back in and then left them up front. Seller thought he needed new tophats but when he removed them after I agreed to buy them they were not damaged.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe the Kontrol Pro is a black color. The Version RR are orange.
So, how many miles did you put on them? And the adjustment knobs aren't necessary then? Are they only needed when you adjust the ride height and stiffness?
Old 11-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by kp4lyfx
I believe the Kontrol Pro is a black color. The Version RR are orange.
So, how many miles did you put on them? And the adjustment knobs aren't necessary then? Are they only needed when you adjust the ride height and stiffness?

Ok that's easy. They are orange. I bought them in Jan of this year and didn't get the replacement till Feb. My car has been parked for the last two months since I literally bought this Trooper as a commuter but love driving it and working on it so outside of a 226 mile commute for work, I haven't driven it. No more than 15K miles on them but like I said originally, I don't know how many miles they had on them originally. I was in such a rush to get "lower" that I didn't ask and couldn't pass up on the deal. The adjustment knobs are necessary to get your comfort level. I have all four on the softest setting because these are REALLY stiff on the firm setting. Overall, these are bouncy to me IMO but to each his own. I'm 34 now so not cool to me anymore especially since my work commute is a little over 70 miles each way. I think the Tein are a much better ride but don't get as low as these do. I'm back on my stock 17's and the wheels are tucked so that could also contribute to the bouncy ride. We're taking our son to Disneyworld at the end of this month so if I don't get a buyer by then, I will buy some springs, swap them out then post up some pics on this being updated. Not looking to make money off them. I paid $300 plus shipping and paid for the replacement strut and did the install myself so I just want back out of them what I put into them.