08-Present MDX Premium Black Leather Steering Wheel

Category: Steering & Suspension
Price: $80
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part Fits (you may select multiples): Other Honda/Acura
Location (State/Prov/Terr): CA
Item Condition: Brand New

What's up AcuraZine!

Up for sale is a Brand New steering wheel for the 2G MDX. It's brand new (pictures are proof) and has just been taken out of it's shipping box.

Great for anyone who wants to replace their oily shiny steering wheel, people converting to black interior, or any Honda/Acura owners who would like to retrofit this in their cars.

Personally I wanted to retrofit this into my 7G Accord, but acquiring the airbag and everything else was beyond my budget. This steering wheel is absolutely great, the thickness of the wheel itself is quite thick, much like the sports car steering wheels which gives it a much better feel and grip as compared to the TSX and Accord steering wheels (both of which I have).

My loss it your gain, this steering wheel retails on AcuraOEMParts.com for about $225 shipping and handling not included. I will ship anywhere within the 48 states free of charge, just pay for the steering wheel and everything else is handled.

I've also included the link to AcuraOEMParts.com to show you the actual price of this wheel. I assure you this wheel is 99.9% Brand new, the other .01% being that it isn't in it's original Honda cardboard box.

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...All&vinsrch=no

Thanks for looking!

Old 04-11-2012, 09:59 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
price drop $110 shipped
Old 04-25-2012, 11:55 PM
J-series addict

Received 615 Likes on 465 Posts
I know this is a "for sale" thread but i feel your pain and had to comment about the retrofit! I bought an 08 TL-S with paddle shifters to install on my 03 TL-S and since ive been an automotive electrician for most of my working life i knew making most of the functions on this wheel to work wouldnt be a big deal. After installing it and adapting the wheels switches to my car, i went for a hunt on the airbag. These things are EXPENSIVE! Even though i ended up buying one because of the added assurance of the safety feature there is an alternative for those wanting to retro their car with a sportier, better feel steering wheel. The have a "dummy airbag" (ive seen them on Ebay) that actually look quite nice and with some minor detailing on the simulated airbag, they come out pretty nice from what ive seen. If you dont want the airbag light on, pick up two 1.2 ohm resistors for the dual stage airbag system and install them on the yellow/white connectors that plug into the back of the module and presto...no more light. So for those considering but afraid to because of the cost of an airbag, there is an alternative.

OP, hope this helps/aids in helping your sell. Hell, might even change your mind now. ;-)
Old 04-26-2012, 09:53 PM
8th Gear

I've decided to take another route in terms of retrofitting a steering wheel. But good info for anyone interested. Thanks man, Bump!
Old 05-04-2012, 02:36 AM
8th Gear

price drop $80!!

mod edit-updated
Old 05-21-2012, 11:23 PM
8th Gear

ttt