Cameras & Photography Because there aren't already enough ways to share photos...

Photoshop CS3 Beta Available

Old 12-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Big Block go VROOOM!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Photoshop CS3 Beta Available

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/con...id=7-7901-8710

As the page at Rob Galbraith's site says, you need an Adobe ID and have to enter a valid serial number for CS2 for everything to work beyond 30 days. That said, I entered my CS2 s/n and the s/n spit back at me for the CS3 beta isn't being recognized as valid. I am trying to cross platforms though (CS2 s/n from Windows, CS3 beta on MBP) so that may be the cause of my issues.

At worst case scenario, I've ended up with a 30 day trial on my Mac. All I've done so far is just a few filter applications on one of my Canon 5D files and I can tell you it seems wicked fast.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:20 AM
Big Block go VROOOM!

FWIW - It seems Adobe is indeed not allowing cross-platform auditioning of the CS3 beta. There are two other people at the DPreview forums that experienced the same thing I did. Not only that, but the CS3 beta expires in two days without a valid serial number.

Booooo. Bad Adobe! BAD!
Old 12-15-2006, 09:23 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
yea, they also didn't get OpenGL support built in... which is the main thing that was supposed to make CS3 faster.

they're also saying they may not even get OpenGL into the "final product"

Adobe is garbage. I wish someone would build a nice UI on top of Gimp or something.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Big Block go VROOOM!

Just an FYI in case anybody else was in the same situation I was.

Adobe is now granting "cross platform" serial numbers for the CS3 beta. You simply have to email photoshopcs3beta@adobe.com with your orignal Windows CS2 s/n and they will provide you with a Mac platform s/n for the CS3 beta.

And just in case anyone thinks I'm trying to harvest serial numbers, here's a link to the Adobe forums thread with the info.
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforu...&enterthread=y
Old 01-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
Mmmmmm photoshop Bridge for CS3 now has enhanced dual monitor support.
I'm probably going to have to take a peek just to see what that's all about.
be great to have pictures showing full screen on one monitor while tweaking in the other window!
Old 01-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Some dude

Received 347 Likes on 203 Posts
Is there a vast inprovement in CS3 over CS2. I currently run CS2 in school and CS on my laptop. (didn't want to spend $500 on CS2 so thats why I still have CS)
Old 01-29-2007, 10:19 PM
Big Block go VROOOM!

Originally Posted by mikeschicagoRL
Is there a vast inprovement in CS3 over CS2. I currently run CS2 in school and CS on my laptop. (didn't want to spend $500 on CS2 so thats why I still have CS)
There is, of course, no correct answer to that question. It really depends on what you use PS for. If you use it primarily for digital photography, then my personal opinion is there were a greater number of useful additions in CS and CS2. If you use PS for image compositing and graphic design work, then your opinion will probably differ.

My two favorite imrpovements in CS3 are the enhanced curves control in the next generation camera raw and the B&W adjustement layer. Both of these are (effectively) available in Lightroom. Bridge has supposedly been improved by quite a bit but I honestly never did much with it in CS2 so I'm not a good judge there.