Cameras & Photography Because there aren't already enough ways to share photos...

Los Cabos

Old 08-16-2008, 10:42 AM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
Los Cabos

I thought I would keep everyone updated with pictures of how it is down here in Los Cabos. We got here yesterday and I'gve been having a great time already. The mother isn't as impressed as she is comparing it Hawaii. She can get over herself.

As far as my first impressions of Los Cabos , all I can say is 'Wow'....
I mean that at both ends of the spectrum too. It's very arid here, and you think you landed in Death Valley. Overall all though, the water is very nice, and it's a decent area IMO. Downtown Cabo San Lucas though....

Traffic laws and signs are just suggestions for locals I think. Nobody follows anything. We almost got smashed several times. It's all good though. I'll be taking some pictures of downtown sometimes within the next few days. We weren't there long.

Here are just some of the initial pictures I've taken.

Criticism is greatly appreciated!

A quick first shot off our balcony when we first got here.

Took some pictures at night...
For this picture, is the exposure about right? I used the tip/technique from the book I've been reading, and spot metered my shot off the light reflecting from the water.

I was unhappy with the color I got on this pictures. This is after some PP too. It was even worse before.

Sunrise Pics:

One thing I wish I would've done here is get some of the beach instead of the bottom being water.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Have camera, will travel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good shots. I like the sunset ones in particular.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Team Owner

^^

Thanks!
It was actually a sunrise though. It was just the way I had the color set, it looks like a sunset I guess. I took a few with the colors neutralized some and it looked more like sunrise. It's all good. I'm still learning.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Team Owner

Old 08-18-2008, 08:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I can't wait to go next month!!

God knows I need a vacation SO BAD.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Have camera, will travel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TS_eXpeed
^^

Thanks!
It was actually a sunrise though. It was just the way I had the color set, it looks like a sunset I guess. I took a few with the colors neutralized some and it looked more like sunrise. It's all good. I'm still learning.
Nah, I just figured you wouldn't be up too early since you're on vacation. I know I wouldn't be. Lol!

Looks like a fun trip. Look forward to some more shots.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 236 Likes on 97 Posts
The last picture of your first post is jaw-dropping.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by nokiaman
The last picture of your first post is jaw-dropping.

As far as Cabo goes as a whole, I'll say this.
I had a lot of fun, but unless a friend pays for my way to go with them, I can confidentely say that I won't return. It was alright, but I feel like it was hyped up ALOT more than it should be. For a local mexican dinner for 4, it wasn't unordinary to have the ticket be about $100 before tip, and that was nights that we didn't have drinks.

Ironically enough, the cheapest meal we had while in Cabo was at the Hard Rock Cafe (about 50-60 bucks).

Another thing. It was hot. Very hot, and very humid. And this is coming from somebody who lives in south-east Texas. I was expecting the hot, but not the humid. I was under the impression that it was arid desert land (which it looks like when you land). The climate is similar to Hawaii with one MAJOR difference...

...in Hawaii, there is always the trade winds blowing so the humidity is almost nill and even if it is 95-100. It may only feel like 85. In Cabo, it's stagnant. Hardly ever a breeze. It makes you appreciate deodorant.

To LuvMyTSX:
....don't take this review as a bad thing. You can definitely have fun there when you go next month. I'm glad I went, but it's not anyplace that I think "Holy crap, I've gotta go back!!"