Know Any Shops/People Who Retrofit Headlight Lenses Near OC/LA?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 02:19 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Know Any Shops/People Who Retrofit Headlight Lenses Near OC/LA?

What's up Acurazine.

Was wondering if anybody new of a place near the Orange County/Los Angeles area that does retrofitting of HID headlight lenses. I had my headlights on my 07 Acura TL cleared with the clear diffusers and I paint matched the inside of the headlights silver with the matching OEM paint color of Alabaster Silver. I also installed Philips Xtreme Vision D2S bulbs along with Morimoto H8 HID fog lights. The one thing that I overlooked at the time which I still kick myself for doing is I forgot to install new ZKW-R Morimoto lenses to replace the stock lenses in the HID headlight assembly. I went to JLC Lighting (now called JLC Concept in El Monte, CA) and they did a good job installing everything. The whole job was around $400. I think they charge $200 to just open the headlights, but the problem now is the guy who did this work for them is no longer available to take apart the headlights. I really want to take apart the headlights, but don't trust myself to put them in the oven at low temperature and would rather have a professional do this to ensure proper seal. Does anyone who lives in Southern California know of someone who will open and reseal headlights that is available locally. I know you can ship the headlights and have it done by Acura vendors, but I would much rather drop my car off for a day and pick it up the next day. Let me know if you guys know of anyone who does this kind of work. My stock lenses are foggy and worn and I am interested in seeing the difference in cutoff with the ZKW-R lenses. Thanks for everyones time. Have a good one.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:27 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Too bad you're not in NorCal. My buddy has a shop up here...

I can ask him if he knows anyone from southern Cali.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:46 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I looked at the Retrofit Source's authorized dealers links and it looks like I am going to check out Evil Headlights near Los Angeles. I will update the progress after I talk to them for others out there looking to do the same thing in the same general vicinity.