tsx recall......maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 01:46 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tsx recall......maybe?

Honda recalls Accords
Reuters / August 21, 2003

TOKYO (Reuters) -- Honda Motor Co. Ltd. has recalled 29,494 Accord saloon cars and wagons due to a faulty pipe that could cause leaks, according to a statement posted on the Japanese Ministry of Transport's Web site on Thursday.

Read the rest at Autonews.com

Note: these are Japanese market Accords. It's unclear whether European or North American (TSX) market models are affected.

taken from www.vtec.net

Old 08-21-2003, 01:47 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: tsx recall......maybe?

Originally posted by TSXDRM
Honda recalls Accords
Reuters / August 21, 2003

TOKYO (Reuters) -- Honda Motor Co. Ltd. has recalled 29,494 Accord saloon cars and wagons due to a faulty pipe that could cause leaks, according to a statement posted on the Japanese Ministry of Transport's Web site on Thursday.

Read the rest at Autonews.com

Note: these are Japanese market Accords. It's unclear whether European or North American (TSX) market models are affected.

taken from www.vtec.net

If they recall my car for a leaky pipe, they better fix my rattles while they are at it.
Old 08-21-2003, 02:04 PM
Advanced

What pipe is leaking and what is it leaking?

BTW, fat chance getting the rattles fixed. I got a call from an Honda/Acura "Serivce Rep." After spending about 20 minutes discussing the problems and possible fixes, the rep basically said that it was my problem, listening to music too loud or with too much bass, and that all cars rattle to some extent. Basically, that was his frame of mind from the get go, and it really pissed me off.

Unfortunately, I had to tell him that as a once loyal Honda/Acura customer that had owned no less than 4 Honda/Acura cars, I was extremely disappointed in the rattles, and moreover, Honda/Acura's growing practice of digging their heads in the sand with regard to any discussion of problems with their cars and for their lack of listening to their loyal and enthusiast fans about some of their car offerings.

I'm afraid the TSX was and will be my last Honda/Acura purchase.
Old 08-21-2003, 02:09 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by Gebbeth
What pipe is leaking and what is it leaking?

BTW, fat chance getting the rattles fixed. I got a call from an Honda/Acura "Serivce Rep." After spending about 20 minutes discussing the problems and possible fixes, the rep basically said that it was my problem, listening to music too loud or with too much bass, and that all cars rattle to some extent. Basically, that was his frame of mind from the get go, and it really pissed me off.

Unfortunately, I had to tell him that as a once loyal Honda/Acura customer that had owned no less than 4 Honda/Acura cars, I was extremely disappointed in the rattles, and moreover, Honda/Acura's growing practice of digging their heads in the sand with regard to any discussion of problems with their cars and for their lack of listening to their loyal and enthusiast fans about some of their car offerings.

I'm afraid the TSX was and will be my last Honda/Acura purchase.
Your service rep is an idiot and you should report him. Have you filled out a survey yet? There is NO excuse for the rattle. I'm not sure about your case...but I can often hear it with my bass and volume not that high. I even hear my door locks rattle over bumps too. I would complain and complain some more. Find a song that will rattle at bass=0 and volume=20. Believe me its possible. And then ask them how this is acceptable..especially when they boast this great 360 watt system as a big selling point.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:04 PM
Like It Smooth!

Originally posted by fdl
Your service rep is an idiot and you should report him. Have you filled out a survey yet? There is NO excuse for the rattle. I'm not sure about your case...but I can often hear it with my bass and volume not that high. I even hear my door locks rattle over bumps too. I would complain and complain some more. Find a song that will rattle at bass=0 and volume=20. Believe me its possible. And then ask them how this is acceptable..especially when they boast this great 360 watt system as a big selling point.
I fully agree. The head unit itself maybe good but the speakers and how they are mounted are very subpar.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:17 PM
Like It Smooth!

Here's the original article from reuters:

The faulty vehicles were manufactured between Oct. 2, 2002 and May 8, 2003, the statement said. The company has received three complaints about the fault, but no reports of accidents, it added.

If the cars are driven repeatedly in cold weather, there is a possibility the pipe will fall off, resulting in a leak of unburnt fuel vapour, or blow-by gas.

The company is considering how to deal with vehicles sold in the United States and Europe that may have a similar fault, a Honda spokesman said.

Winter is approaching... This ain't good...
Old 08-21-2003, 11:16 PM
idx
Senior Grasshopper

Good thing I'm in FL.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:35 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by AdamC
Here's the original article from reuters:

The faulty vehicles were manufactured between Oct. 2, 2002 and May 8, 2003, the statement said. The company has received three complaints about the fault, but no reports of accidents, it added.

If the cars are driven repeatedly in cold weather, there is a possibility the pipe will fall off, resulting in a leak of unburnt fuel vapour, or blow-by gas.

The company is considering how to deal with vehicles sold in the United States and Europe that may have a similar fault, a Honda spokesman said.

Winter is approaching... This ain't good...

My car was delivered late June, does that mean that perhaps it was built AFTER May 8th? hmmm...
Old 08-22-2003, 10:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
fdl.... same boat for me. I know my late June delivery was manufactured on May 19th, so maybe the convertion over to the "new material" caused the delay we all heard about from our dealers..
Old 08-22-2003, 02:32 PM
2nd Gear

I just got mine on August 21.

How do we find out when it was manufactured?
Old 08-22-2003, 06:09 PM
Audi Driving Snob

if you look back at the vtec site it appears one guy already got a recall on his accord so more should be coming.(free carwash??!) All in all a very minor problem. It says a clamp on the intake inlet/EGR stuff could come loose. Probably a 2 minute fix to put a new stronger clamp on. Good to see them starting the recall though.
Old 08-24-2003, 12:52 PM
Instructor

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!

DO NOT TELL LARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2003, 01:38 PM
Racer

Exclamation recall update

this is posted on vtec.net by one of the readers who have recieved a recall letter from honda. hmm, very intersting.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:45 PM
TSX-Black Bolt

I got mine on 2/21 vin#23985.

I also had the dealer poll for any recalls.
There was none on my VIN#.

I know there is 6 TBS calls maybe on the older TSXs?
If this is true...then was all the small complaints from the other users.

1. VISIBILITYEFROSTER/DEFOGGER SYSTEM:WINDSHIELD:CONTROLS/WIRING NHTSA Number: 427790
Bulletin Number: 1003
Bulletin Date: OCT 2003

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TSX
Summary:
HEATER BLOWER MOTOR OVERHEATS OR BLOWS FUSE. *TT

Component Description:
2. SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:FLUID NHTSA Number: 427857
Bulletin Number: 1003
Bulletin Date: OCT 2003

Summary:
TESTING BRAKE FLUID FOR PETROLEUM CONTAMINATION. VARIOUS MODELS INCLUDING 2003 AND 2004 NSX AND 2004 RSX. *TT

Component Description:
3. POWER TRAIN:CLUTCH ASSEMBLY NHTSA Number: 426103
Bulletin Number: 903
Bulletin Date: SEP 2003

Summary:
HARD TO ENGAGE 1ST GEAR, GRINDS INTO REVERSE. TECH LINE SUMMARY. *TT

Component Description:
4. EQUIPMENT:ELECTRICAL:AIR CONDITIONER NHTSA Number: 426137
Bulletin Number: 903
Bulletin Date: SEP 2003

Summary:
UNEQUAL DASH VENT AIR CONDITIONER TEMPERATURE. TECH LINE SUMMARY. *TT

Component Description:
5. STEERING:WHEEL AND HANDLE BAR NHTSA Number: 285013
Bulletin Number: 080103
Bulletin Date: AUG 2003

Summary:
IF DEALERSHIP ENCOUNTERS THE STEERING WHEEL OFF-CENTER, CONTACT TECH LINE PRIOR TO REPAIRING THE VEHICLE. TECH LINE NEEDS TO KNOW HOW FAR, IN DEGREES, THE STEERING WHEEL IS OFF-CENTER. *TT

Component Description:
6. EQUIPMENT:ELECTRICAL:NAVIGATIONAL SYSTEM(GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM) NHTSA Number: 282147
Bulletin Number: 603
Bulletin Date: JUN 2003

Summary:
INFORMATION ON REMEMBERING NAVIGATION SYSTEM PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PIN). *TT
Help them tweak the TSX?

I have no issues ( at 1200 miles now), except the sterring wheel was at 11:58.
Which was fixed yesterday.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:00 PM

Originally posted by idx
Good thing I'm in FL.
likewise