Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 01:09 PM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
Ultimate offroader?
https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/12/...ade-by-toyota/
Old 03-12-2019, 01:20 PM

Received 5,293 Likes on 3,627 Posts
Originally Posted by Costco
I would love an MR2. If they can make it roughly the same weight as the Miata, damn.

The 86 is already about as cheap as it gets for a 2+2 sports car. Any cheaper and you'll be making serious compromises
Lop 2 seats off the 86, give it an I4 (not from BMW ), add a Targa top, call it an MR2 (or some derivative) = Profit.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:23 AM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
TOKYO -- Toyota and Subaru will work on a second generation of their shared rear-wheel drive sporty coupe and collaborate more closely on other projects under a new agreement that raises Toyota's stake in the smaller Japanese automaker to 20 percent.

Under the accord Subaru will also take a small token stake in Toyota to help cement their deepening ties.

Toyota already owns a 17 percent share of Subaru, while the smaller partner currently has no stake in Toyota.

The companies said they would collaborate more closely on a wide range of next-generation technologies, including safety and electrification systems.

Toyota President Akio Toyoda said teaming up on technologies such as sports cars and all-wheel-drive vehicles will help the companies keep their cars fun to drive in an age of automated driving.

"During this once-in-a-century period of profound transformation, driving enjoyment will remain an inherent part of automobiles and is something that I think we must continue to strongly preserve," Toyoda said on Friday in a news release.

Among the plans, Toyota will expand its supply of hybrid drivetrain systems to a wider range of Subaru vehicles. It currently supplies the drivetrain for the Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid.

The partners will also expand their development of all-wheel-drive technologies, leaning on Subaru's expertise in that field.

Another joint project they reaffirmed in the cross-shareholding announcement: the development of a next generation of their rebadged sporty small car, the Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ.

The Toyota alliance with Subaru dates to 2005, and it has expanded recently to include the joint development of an electric-vehicle platform and an upcoming all-electric crossover.

Toyota is by far the larger manufacturer, with 10.6 million cars and trucks produced in 2018. Subaru made 1 million vehicles last year, a 5 percent decline and the first drop in seven years.

Subaru, which produces the Outback and Forester crossovers, is known for its horizontally placed boxer engines, along with its EyeSight autonomous driver assist and all-wheel-drive technologies.

In recent years it has departed from selling cars as high-performance machines, marketing them instead as lifestyle products using an approach which has been successful in the United States, its biggest market.

Automakers around the world are joining forces to slash development and manufacturing costs of new technology.

Traditional car companies, especially smaller ones such as Subaru, are struggling to meet the fast pace of change in an industry which is shifting to a business model of providing transportation services from simply selling cars to drivers.

Ford Motor Co. and Volkswagen Group have said they will spend billions of dollars to jointly develop electric and self-driving vehicles.

Friday's deal cements Subaru's place in Toyota's expanding group of Japanese partners, which include Mazda Motor Corp. and Yamaha Motor Co.

Toyota seems to be keen on investing in smaller, domestic automakers, rather than forging cross-border tie-ups like some of its rivals.
https://www.autonews.com/automakers-...porty-cars-awd
Old 09-27-2019, 09:35 AM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
The partners will also expand their development of all-wheel-drive technologies, leaning on Subaru's expertise in that field.
Toyota Camry (AWD) STI S209 edition?
Old 09-27-2019, 01:46 PM

Received 5,293 Likes on 3,627 Posts
Nah.
Toyota Avalon STi > *
Old 09-30-2019, 09:42 AM
Ex-OEM King

Received 5,829 Likes on 3,850 Posts
Whatever the case is, they'll both still ship with the EJ motor.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:01 PM
Race Director

WASHINGTON — Toyota is investing $210 million to expand engine production in West Virginia and add 100 new jobs.

The Japanese automaker said it would boost capacity by 70,000 engines a year at the Buffalo, West Virginia plant, up from the nearly 1 million transmissions and engines it produces annually for vehicles assembled in North America.

The investment will increase assembly capacity of its four-cylinder engine line. The plant makes four- and six-cylinder engines for Avalon, Camry, Corolla, Highlander, Lexus ES, Lexus RX350, RAV4 and Sienna.

The investment comes as automakers around the world are shifting more focus to electric vehicles and away from vehicles powered by internal combustion engines.

Toyota says hybrid vehicles, which includes internal combustion engines, will be a key part of its vehicle strategy in the coming decade as other automakers focus more heavily on battery electric vehicles, which only run on electric power.

Toyota said last week that 16% of its U.S. sales were hybrid vehicles in 2020, a figure that will jump to at least 20% in 2021.
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/21/...west-virginia/
Old 02-23-2021, 09:25 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
They still don't get it, do they? Looks like their fate is already written on the wall.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:26 AM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by Comfy
They still don't get it, do they? Looks like their fate is already written on the wall.
They are making a $210M bet that it isn't. Want to match them?
Old 02-24-2021, 04:16 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Toyota sold more than 1.8 million cars in the US in 2020... repeat after me.. One -Point- Eight- Million -Cars....
and that was in a year with Global Pandemic...

Tesla sold 235k cars in 2020... about 8 times less....

So you dont have to worry about their fate.

Last edited by oonowindoo; 02-24-2021 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-28-2021, 12:27 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Received 10,114 Likes on 6,105 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr
There's a lot of MAGAing going on

Old 06-28-2021, 07:20 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 5,813 Likes on 3,731 Posts
That's a shame. There are 2 cars in Toyota's pipeline I actually wanted to look at. Not anymore.
The following users liked this post:
#1 STUNNA (06-28-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 12:02 PM
Team Owner

Ask if SSFTSX is still defending Land Cruiser
Old 06-29-2021, 12:14 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Terrorists love Toyotas and Toyota loves terrorists
Old 06-29-2021, 12:32 PM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
I wonder what it would look like if one overlayed a map of where those Republican kooks are from, with a map of where Toyota has facilities. I wonder if it'd be the same map. Almost as if Toyota was not greasing them because they're kooks, but because they are the local payoff.
Old 06-29-2021, 01:28 PM
Team Owner

Well from business POV, of course you wanna kiss those politicians' asses... It would be hard to do business there if the local government wanna fuck with you all the time. i get it.

But the flip side is, Toyota is big enough to tell those GOPs that hey we are more than willing to move to another state and there are plenty out there that will welcome us with all the job opportunities we bring.

So Toyota does have options, it is just whether if they wanna use them or not...
In this case, they chose to support those fucks.
Old 06-30-2021, 02:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,648 Likes on 13,889 Posts
@ Toyota...
Old 06-30-2021, 09:29 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Originally Posted by oonowindoo
Toyota sold more than 1.8 million cars in the US in 2020... repeat after me.. One -Point- Eight- Million -Cars....
and that was in a year with Global Pandemic...

Tesla sold 235k cars in 2020... about 8 times less....

So you dont have to worry about their fate.
This post should be bookmarked. Me and Oonowindoo will have another chat in a year and year after regarding this. Yes I agree, Toyota sold close to 2 million car in USA now, but their growth is likely to be in the red going forwards. Meanwhile Tesla is getting ready for explosive growth. I can’t wait to see what happens. You’ll see almost all the ICE only makers getting marginalized soon. Be on the right side of history dude, and you won’t be disappointed.
Old 06-30-2021, 10:12 PM
Senior Moderator

This post should be bookmarked. Me and Oonowindoo will have another chat in a year and year after regarding this. Yes I agree, Toyota sold close to 2 million car in USA now, but their growth is likely to be in the red going forwards. Meanwhile Tesla is getting ready for explosive growth. I can’t wait to see what happens. You’ll see almost all the ICE only makers getting marginalized soon. Be on the right side of history dude, and you won’t be disappointed.
I think you should consider a few things and level your comment. From EV sales, sure...maybe Tesla will dominate that segment. But, from an overall car sales, as Toyota, the other Japanese, Germans, Americans, and Koreans start to saturate the market with their rendition of an EV, will Tesla sustain this grip? Hard to say. From my observations and assessment, I do not think it is possible. I still see Tesla as the car industry's version of Palm and Blackberry. Great at first and then, will go once the juggernauts get serious.
The following 2 users liked this post by Yumcha:
00TL-P3.2 (07-01-2021), Comfy (07-01-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 10:13 PM
Senior Moderator

That said, I'm deeply disturbed by Toyota's donation patterns and well, quite disgusted.
Comfy (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 05:32 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

So the “competition is coming”….??? Sure. We’ve heard that before.

Last edited by Comfy; 07-01-2021 at 05:39 AM.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:32 PM
Race Director

ToyotaMotor outsold General Motors in the U.S. for the first time ever during a quarter and is expected to be America’s best-selling automaker.

The Japanese automaker on Thursday reported sales of 688,813 vehicles in the U.S. from April through June. That compares to GM at 688,236 vehicles during the second quarter. Toyota beat analyst expectations, while GM slightly missed forecasts.

The shake-up was caused by a global chip shortage that has significantly hampered vehicle production. Japanese automakers, specifically Toyota, have been able to manage the crisis better than their American competitors.

“They’ve kind of defied gravity the last couple of months,” Cox Automotive senior economist Charlie Chesbrough said. “We’re tracking them having very weak inventories out there and yet their sales have actually held up quite well. … We’re really kind of surprised by Toyota’s strength, and having a decent quarter relative to some of the competition.”

The only way Toyota won’t take the mantle as the top-selling automaker is if Ford Motor, which reports sales Friday morning, significantly beats analyst’s sales expectations of 645,000 vehicles during the quarter. Ford previously said it expected to lose half of its production during the second quarter due to the chip problem.

The last time GM wasn’t the best-selling automaker for a quarter in the U.S. was when Ford outsold them during the Great Recession in the third quarter of 1998, Edmunds reports.
Jessica Caldwell, executive director of insights at Edmunds, said Toyota is known for seeing far into their supply chain and has more experience managing lower inventories. She expects there could be major swings in U.S. market share this year due to the parts shortage.“I would definitely expect a bit of a change in some of the market share,” she said. “Toyota has done really well, the Asian brands overall have done pretty well.”

In May, Reuters reported that Toyota was stockpiling semiconductors chips, which are critical for modern vehicles, and was not seeing any major short-term impact from the chip shortage.

Toyota declined to comment specifically on the sales achievement but released the following statement: “We are grateful to our loyal customers for putting their safety and trust in Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Our focus has always been - and will continue to be - on being the best brand in terms of safety and quality in our customers’ minds. And as part of our continuous improvement philosophy, we are always finding better ways of doing things, and ultimately make better products our customers love and trust.”
Toyota tops GM sales in the U.S., expected to be America's best-selling automaker (cnbc.com)
Old 07-08-2021, 02:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Toyota's response to the backlash from their donations to traitors of the US:

pttl (07-08-2021)
Old 07-08-2021, 02:19 PM
My first Avatar....

Let's see what they actually do.
Yumcha (07-08-2021)
Old 07-08-2021, 06:59 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumcha
Toyota's response to the backlash from their donations to traitors of the US:

Translation:

We bribe the politicians that can help us the most. Turns out, those are both Dems and Republicans. Who knew?

We usually don't care what the politics are of the politicians we've bribed are, but in this case it appears our customers do.

Since our customers money is so important to us, we're going to stop supporting some of the politicians most visible in undermining democracy until the furor surrounding their actions dies down.

The following 3 users liked this post by Bearcat94:
#1 STUNNA (07-09-2021), cu2wagon (07-08-2021), Yumcha (07-08-2021)
Old 07-09-2021, 08:14 AM
Ex-OEM King

They absolutely can bribe the politicians just like everyone else does, they just need to find a more under the table means of doing so.

There have been a bunch of celebs dumping their Priuses (Pri-i?) because of this and pushing it all over social media.
Old 07-22-2021, 07:16 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

https://insideevs.com/news/521890/to...rs-hevs-phevs/

Gill Pratt, Tesla owner and Chief Scientist at Toyota, explains why a BEV-centric approach is wrong, in his opinion.

Toyota's Chief Scientist, the CEO of the ToyotaResearch Institute, and Tesla Model X owner Gill Pratt recently published an article on Medium. Interestingly, the article is entitled "Carbon Is Our Enemy: Let’s Use Everything We’ve Got To Fight It." The body of the article begins with the following words: "I love electrified vehicles."

With that said, the juiciest reveal appears in the subheading: "Why we need hybrids and plug-ins to maximize our limited battery supply and reduce carbon."

Green Car Congress stumbled upon Pratt's article and covered it, and we decided that the topic definitely needs to be addressed over and over. However, whether or not there's a right answer is certainly up for debate.

We'll start by giving Toyota loads of credit for being the King (or Queen) of hybrids. Moreover, the Toyota Prius Prime is a great car for many reasons, and the Toyota RAV4 Prime is arguably ean even better option. However, as most automakers are moving to fully electric cars, Toyota is now falling behind. And, while the transition to electrification has been somewhat slow to date, it seems the floodgates are opening now.

Nonetheless, Pratt is not in favor of a focus on battery-electric vehicles (BEVs) for several reasons. He points out that battery cell production is pricey, and he reiterates the narrative that battery cell production uses natural resources and produces significant greenhouse gases. While true to a degree, this is the type of narrative that has been used for years to steer folks away from EVs. We don't want to steer people away from EVs, but rather, educate them.
"This means putting them into a greater number of “right sized” electrified vehicles, including HEVs and PHEVs, instead of placing them all into a fewer number of long-range BEVs, like my Model X ...

... we hardly ever put gas into our RAV4 Prime PHEV, which has a battery ⅙ as large as our Model X BEV. For the same investment in batteries as our single Model X, five other RAV4 Prime customers could reduce their carbon footprint too."
Pratt also reminds us that different folks have different needs. This is especially true as we talk about various global markets, big city dwellers versus farmers, people who work at home versus those who travel often, the wealthy versus those who struggle, and the list goes on and on. He believes Toyota, and other automakers, should offer a variety of options to best appeal to all customers.

The best choice for many people may actually be a BEV, and many Tesla owners across the globe have proven this. However, that doesn't mean a BEV is the best option for everyone. And, if people who can't or won't move to a BEV don't have other "clean" options, they're highly likely to just stick with a gas car. Pratt concludes:
"As a result, I believe, as does Toyota, that it would be a tremendous mistake for governments around the world to prescribe narrow solutions like insisting that all vehicles be BEVs. Instead, the better solution is to allow manufacturers to innovate across a diversity of drivetrains and drivers to choose the low-carbon drivetrain that suits their circumstances best."
[img]

Old 07-22-2021, 08:07 PM
Ex-OEM King

What an idiot. Does he not know that a Tesla is a lot faster than a RAV4 Prime and can even drive itself*????

* Tesla cannot actually drive itself.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:36 AM
Sanest Florida Man

LMAO no wonder they're out there writing hit pieces

Nice to see them apply the Candace Owens strategy of using a black person to say racist shit so they can say it isn't racist because a black person said it to EVs because they invested a shit ton in hydrogen and hydrogen sucks. Now they want to pull the whole industry down so they don't go out of business. LMAO Get fucked Toyota

Toyota Led on Clean Cars. Now Critics Say It Works to Delay Them.

The auto giant bet on hydrogen power, but as the world moves toward electric the company is fighting climate regulations in an apparent effort to buy time.

The Toyota Prius hybrid was a milestone in the history of clean cars, attracting millions of buyers worldwide who could do their part for the environment while saving money on gasoline.

But in recent months, Toyota, one of the world’s largest automakers, has quietly become the industry’s strongest voice opposing an all-out transition to electric vehicles — which proponents say is critical to fighting climate change.

Last month, Chris Reynolds, a senior executive who oversees government affairs for the company, traveled to Washington for closed-door meetings with congressional staff members and outlined Toyota’s opposition to an aggressive transition to all-electric cars. He argued that gas-electric hybrids like the Prius and hydrogen-powered cars should play a bigger role, according to four people familiar with the talks.

Behind that position is a business quandary: Even as other automakers have embraced electric cars, Toyota bet its future on the development of hydrogen fuel cells — a costlier technology that has fallen far behind electric batteries — with greater use of hybrids in the near term. That means a rapid shift from gasoline to electric on the roads could be devastating for the company’s market share and bottom line.

The recent push in Washington follows Toyota’s worldwide efforts — in markets including the United States, the United Kingdom, the European Union and Australia — to oppose stricter car emissions standards or fight electric vehicle mandates. For example, executives at Toyota’s Indian subsidiary publicly criticized India’s target for 100 percent electric vehicle sales by 2030, saying it was not practical.

Together with other automakers, Toyota also sided with the Trump administration in a battle with California over the Clean Air Act and sued Mexico over fuel efficiency rules. In Japan, Toyota officials argued against carbon taxes.

“Toyota has gone from a leading position to an industry laggard” in clean-car policy even as other automakers push ahead with ambitious electric vehicle plans, said Danny Magill, an analyst at InfluenceMap, a London-based think tank that tracks corporate climate lobbying. InfluenceMap gives Toyota a “D-” grade, the worst among automakers, saying it exerts policy influence to undermine public climate goals.

In statements, Toyota said that it was in no way opposed to electric vehicles. “We agree and embrace the fact that all-electric vehicles are the future,” Eric Booth, a Toyota spokesman, said. But Toyota thinks that “too little attention is being paid to what happens between today, when 98 percent of the cars and trucks sold are powered at least in part by gasoline, and that fully electrified future,” he said.

Until then, Mr. Booth said, it makes sense for Toyota to lean on its existing hybrid and plug-in hybrid vehicles to reduce emissions. Hydrogen fuel cell technology should also play a role. And any efficiency standards should “be informed by what technology can realistically deliver and help keep vehicles affordable,” the company said in a statement.

Last year in the United States, a group of leading automakers reached a compromise on tailpipe emissions standards with California, which sought to impose tougher emissions standards than the Trump administration wanted. Toyota didn’t join that compromise agreement.

More recently, the Alliance for Automotive Innovation, an industry lobby group, argued in closed-door meetings in Washington that the California compromise, which is expected to be a model for new standards from the Biden administration, is in fact not feasible for all of its members, according to two of the people with direct knowledge of the discussions. The chairman of the alliance is Mr. Reynolds, the Toyota executive.

The Biden administration wants to use tougher emissions rules to rapidly increase sales of electric vehicles. Congress could also approve billions of dollars for construction of charging stations as well as tax incentives for electric cars and trucks.

Don Stewart, a spokesman for the alliance, said he was unaware that any of the group’s representatives had said the California compromise was not feasible. The alliance supports standards roughly midway between what the Trump and Obama administrations had adopted, he said.

Toyota’s strategy is that, in the longer term, hydrogen fuel cell cars can still be a major technology for passenger cars, with gas-electric hybrids helping reduce emissions in the short term. However, hydrogen cars remain costlier, and hydrogen as a fuel for passenger cars isn’t widely available. Various studies have shown, meanwhile, that hybrids achieve more modest near-term emissions reductions.

Toyota, a major sponsor of the Tokyo Olympics, has used that platform to promote its message of sustainability. Hydrogen fueled the Olympic torch for part of its journey, and Toyota’s fleet of sleek Mirai hydrogen fuel cell cars have been whisking Olympic dignitaries around Tokyo.

Toyota is promoting itself as strongly backing a green transition, but in effect, it is opposing efforts that others say are crucial to a swift green transition.

(Amid mounting Covid-19 concerns, Toyota canceled its Olympic-related advertising in Japan.)

Toyota’s lobbying also comes as the Japanese automaker’s political donations have come under scrutiny. Last month, the nonprofit watchdog Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics tallied campaign contributions and found that Toyota was the largest corporate donor by far this year to Republicans in Congress who disputed the 2020 presidential election result.

According to a New York Times analysis, at least 22 of those lawmakers have also denied the scientific consensus on human-caused climate change.

Toyota initially defended its contributions, then changed course, saying it would halt its donations.

Mr. Booth, the Toyota spokesman, said Toyota believes climate change is real. “The opinions expressed by members of Congress are just that — their opinions and theirs to be accountable for,” he said. He also noted that politicians who hold such beliefs have received contributions from other automakers as well.

The findings surprised some longtime auto industry experts. Toyota has generally kept a low political profile but has recently become a major donor and lobbying force in Washington.

“They really were on the right path, especially with the introduction of the Prius, and they still talk about climate change,” said Margo T. Oge, former director of the Office of Transportation Air Quality at the Environmental Protection Agency. “But they’re fighting policies for electric vehicles across the globe, and that’s hurting the effort of policymakers in setting any ambitious measures.”

On paper, Toyota’s approach to zero-emissions vehicles, the hydrogen fuel cell, is a dream: Unlike battery-powered electric vehicles, these cars carry hydrogen tanks and fuel cells that turn the hydrogen into electricity. They refuel and accelerate quickly, and can travel for several hundred miles on a tank, emitting only water vapor. And hydrogen, theoretically, is abundant.

But a high sticker price, as well as lack of refueling infrastructure, has hampered the growth of a hydrogen economy, at least for passenger cars.

Toyota has sold only about 11,000 of its Mirai fuel cell cars since introducing the vehicle in 2014. Honda, another hydrogen pioneer, said recently that it was killing its hydrogen model. Many analysts say that hydrogen technology is more suited for long-haul trucks or for use in energy-intensive industries like steel manufacturing.

“I think hydrogen holds promise, but it’s at least a decade behind batteries right now,” said David Friedman, vice president of advocacy at Consumer Reports and former acting administrator of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. “And Toyota is saying, ‘No, we’ve got to hold off, we’ve got to wait till they’re ready with hydrogen.’ But the climate can’t wait.”

Toyota also argues that hybrid technology — that is, vehicles powered by an internal combustion engine and an electric motor — is an easier first step toward fully electric cars and could help get more people into cleaner cars more quickly until hydrogen becomes widespread. Toyota has made major investments in hybrid technology as well. The company has outlined a vision for a product lineup dominated by hybrids through 2050 — far later than when many analysts say new cars must be zero-emission.

Toyota currently does not sell any electric vehicles in major markets outside China, but said in April that it plans to sell 15 battery-electric models globally by 2025, part of a wider lineup of 70 battery-electric, hybrid and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles to offer “diverse choices” to buyers.

The automaker, based in Toyota City, Japan, has begun lagging behind in fuel efficiency across its entire fleet, as it has pushed sales of larger trucks and sports-utility vehicles, which bring bigger profit margins. Environmental Protection Agency figures show that Toyota has made relatively little progress on fuel economy over the past five years, going from an industry leader to part of the bottom tier, along with General Motors and Ford.

“Toyota followed G.M. and other American automakers to produce gas-guzzling pickups and S.U.V.s in large numbers,” said Dan Becker, director of the Safe Climate Transport Campaign at the Center for Biological Diversity.

Jeffrey K. Liker, professor emeritus of industrial and operations engineering at the University of Michigan and author of “The Toyota Way,” said that there were other factors slowing Toyota’s push. A famously cautious company, Toyota has researched solid-state batteries, which are safer than the widely used lithium-ion technology, but readying that technology has taken longer than they expected, he said. Toyota has also spoken about not wanting to lay off employees or bankrupt suppliers in a rapid transition to electrics.

“Toyota’s view is also that countries are jumping in with the idea of the electric-vehicle endgame without a real plan, and it’s more political showmanship than sound planning,” Mr. Liker said.

There are several factors that could ultimately force Toyota’s hand. For one, China, an important market for Toyota, has moved aggressively to require automakers there to make electric vehicles. That has spurred Toyota to start producing electric cars under a joint venture.

Mary Nichols, who negotiated with Toyota as the former chairwoman of the California Air Resources Board, the state’s clean air regulator, said she had been surprised by Toyota over the past few years. “I think they, over the years, have produced really good technology, and that they’ve been pioneers,” she said. “But at this moment, they’ve definitely been caught flat-footed.”
Old 07-26-2021, 01:44 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Shameful, but don’t you guys know that they are one of the world’s largest automakers and a single model from theirs outsells the whole of Tesla. …?? So why they have to resort to these silly tactics ……for peanuts.
Old 07-26-2021, 02:31 PM
Ex-OEM King

Shameful, but don’t you guys know that they are one of the world’s largest automakers and a single model from theirs outsells the whole of Tesla. …?? So why they have to resort to these silly tactics ……for peanuts.
Is there any way you can stop bringing up a car you don't even own and have no intention to own in the near future into literally every thread?

Toyota outsells Tesla MANY MANY MANY times over every year. Leave it alone.
Old 07-26-2021, 03:37 PM
My first Avatar....

Originally Posted by SamDoe1
Is there any way you can stop bringing up a car you don't even own and have no intention to own in the near future into literally every thread?

trolls gonna troll.. besides he owns tesla stock, so he has the right to troll with emojis.

Old 07-26-2021, 03:42 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by pttl
trolls gonna troll.. besides he owns tesla stock, so he has the right to troll with emojis.

Does he really? nfn also had some crazy shit in his portfolio and claim that he made over 6 figures .....
Old 07-26-2021, 03:45 PM
My first Avatar....

he says he does.
Old 07-26-2021, 10:10 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Originally Posted by SamDoe1

Okay, if you say so.
Old 07-27-2021, 08:12 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,023 Likes on 2,501 Posts
Saw that article which was sad, Toyota is definitely behind the EV adoption curve by alot!
Old 07-27-2021, 08:53 AM
Ex-OEM King

Does he really? nfn also had some crazy shit in his portfolio and claim that he made over 6 figures .....
What does owning TSLA and making over 6 figs have to do with anything? I'm sure a lot of us are in that position.
Old 07-27-2021, 10:55 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

who are you talking about,….. me …? I don’t make such claims.
Old 07-27-2021, 12:46 PM
Team Owner

who are you talking about,….. me …? I don’t make such claims.

Read again... are you NFN?

Old 07-27-2021, 05:38 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Read again... are you NFN?
thanks for the clarification. I thought it was a typo, and you guys were calling me a troll.

Quick Reply: Toyota: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News