Toyota: Corolla News

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 08:00 AM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think of gran turismo 1 or 2 when i saw this thread title because i think you could buy that car in the game.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
Hopefully they have a real cheap base model that has no power steering.
that would be beautiful
Old 08-13-2007, 01:03 PM
an asshole from florida

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
if this car does come out...ill be saying bye bye to the CL and hello to some rwd excitement..and prolly hello to some higher insurance rates
Old 10-31-2007, 10:24 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Next Gen. Toyota Corolla and Toyota Matrix News

2009 Toyota Corolla - 2007 SEMA Auto Show

Nearly 400,000 people will buy a Toyota Corolla before 2007 is over. About one-quarter of these buyers are in their 60s; almost as many are in their 20s. Despite the huge age gap between these groups, they share one primary reason for buying a Corolla: reliability.

So it shouldn't surprise you that the 2009 Toyota Corolla, which will usher in the 10th generation of the company's top worldwide seller when it arrives at dealers in February 2008, is a conservative successor to what was already a conservative compact sedan.

It rides on the same 102.4-inch wheelbase as the ninth-gen Corolla and is only 0.4-inch longer overall. A 2.5-inch-wider body gives this Corolla a slightly more substantial look, as does its mini-Camry styling. It also translates to extra shoulder room in the cabin.

In an effort to reach out to younger buyers while maintaining the status quo for Corolla lifers, Toyota will offer its compact sedan with two different engines in five trim levels.

For the budget-minded, there's the standard Corolla, decently equipped with air-conditioning, an audio system with a CD player and an auxiliary audio input, a tilt-telescoping steering wheel, ABS and side airbags. A full 25 percent of buyers will take the base car.

The volume seller at 43 percent will continue to be the Toyota Corolla LE, which has full power accessories and a slightly longer options list. About 20 percent of sales will be the popular S model, which returns with a blacked-out grille, foglights and sport seats. Then there's a new, upscale XLE model with electroluminescent gauges and faux wood trim.

Just 2 percent of buyers are expected to ante up for the top-of-the-line XRS model, but from an enthusiast's perspective, this is certainly the most interesting member of the 2009 Toyota Corolla family.

All other trim levels, you see, come with a new 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine good for 132 horsepower and 128 pound-feet of torque; you choose whether you want a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic transmission driving the front wheels. With the XRS, though, you get Toyota's 2.4-liter engine, good for 158 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque. In addition to a five-speed manual gearbox, you have access to a more modern five-speed automatic.

Under full throttle, the difference between these two engines amounts to a couple of seconds. Whereas Toyota's internal estimates show a 10.4-second 0-60-mph time for an automatic-equipped Corolla with the 1.8-liter engine, an automatic XRS model should need just 8.8 seconds to reach 60 mph (or 8.1 seconds with the manual). Unfortunately, there's also a significant trade-off in fuel economy. A Corolla with the 1.8-liter carries an impressive EPA rating of 27 mpg city/35 mpg highway. With the 2.4-liter, you're looking at a 22 mpg/30 mpg rating with the automatic and 22 mpg/29 mpg with the manual.

Stability control is a new feature this year. It's standard on the XRS and optional on other 2009 Toyota Corollas. Also new is an optional navigation system capable of displaying XM-based real-time traffic.

What's Edmunds' take?
As expected, Toyota plays it safe with the Corolla redesign, and the new sedan will undoubtedly satisfy consumers seeking a refined and fuel-efficient small car — just like every Corolla before it. — Erin Riches
2009 Toyota Matrix - 2007 SEMA Auto Show

David Terai, chief engineer for the 2009 Toyota Matrix, tells us, "During extensive meetings all over the country with customers, owners and dealers, we found that the current Matrix was seen far too often as a small, conventional, practical wagon."

We're not sure why this is a bad thing, but Toyota is determined to market the redesigned, second-generation Matrix to younger buyers. "We see it as the perfect entry point for current Scion owners," Bob Carter, Toyota group vice president and general manager, says.

Since the target group — 20-to-35-year-old men, who else? — is seen as more likely to shop for a vehicle based on style and performance than out-and-out functionality, the company says it put more emphasis on these attributes during the redesign.

In reality, the Corolla-based Matrix hasn't changed much in appearance and its exterior dimensions are virtually identical to the old wagon. However, thanks to a new 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine, rated at 158 horsepower and 162 pound-feet of torque, it is a fair bit quicker.

This engine is borrowed from the Camry and Scion tC, and you can get it with one of three transmissions: a five-speed manual, five-speed automatic or four-speed automatic. Buyers also have a choice of either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive. Equipped with the manual gearbox, a front-wheel-drive Matrix with the 2.4-liter engine will accelerate to 60 mph in 8.3 seconds, according to Toyota.

For consumers who put greater priority on affordability and fuel economy, Toyota will continue to offer a base 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine good for 132 hp and 128 lb-ft of torque. Mileage ratings improve significantly when you choose this engine: Even under the EPA's revised testing protocol, highway mpg is 30-plus. The downside is that buyers will be stuck with the four-speed automatic if they decline the five-speed manual.

Even with the larger engine option, space-efficient interior design remains the best attribute of Toyota's compact wagon. Since the original Matrix's roomy backseat was already a hit with buyers, Toyota designers didn't change much, although front-drive models now have a near-flat rear floor. Up front, the driving position is less awkward than before, thanks to a standard telescoping steering wheel and a longer seat-bottom cushion.

Toyota will sell the 2009 Toyota Matrix in three trim levels: base, S and XRS. Expected to account for a healthy 40 percent of sales, the base Matrix includes essentials like air-conditioning and an auxiliary audio input for MP3 players. Another 50 percent of buyers will choose the midrange S, which has desirable features like power accessories, cruise control, keyless entry and a 115-volt utility outlet. Toyota anticipates just 5 percent of buyers will ante up for the sporty Matrix XRS, which has larger wheels and a front strut tower brace to sharpen up its handling.

Four-wheel antilock disc brakes are standard on every Matrix, though the discs on models with the 2.4-liter engine are understandably larger. Stability control is standard on the XRS and optional on other trims.

When it arrives at dealerships in February 2008, the second-gen Matrix will account for 20 percent of Corolla sales, says Toyota, which equates to over 70,000 units annually.

What's Edmunds' take?
Toyota's promotion may not reflect it, but the 2009 Toyota Matrix remains a highly practical small wagon that consumers will purchase for rational reasons rather than emotional ones. There's no shame in this reality, because nobody does rational as well as Toyota. — Erin Riches, Senior Content Editor
Old 10-31-2007, 11:01 PM
Drifting

2009 Toyota Corolla

What is it?
2009 Toyota Corolla

What's special about it?
Nearly 400,000 people will buy a Toyota Corolla before 2007 is over. About one-quarter of these buyers are in their 60s; almost as many are in their 20s. Despite the huge age gap between these groups, they share one primary reason for buying a Corolla: reliability.

So it shouldn't surprise you that the 2009 Toyota Corolla, which will usher in the 10th generation of the company's top worldwide seller when it arrives at dealers in February 2008, is a conservative successor to what was already a conservative compact sedan.

It rides on the same 102.4-inch wheelbase as the ninth-gen Corolla and is only 0.4-inch longer overall. A 2.5-inch-wider body gives this Corolla a slightly more substantial look, as does its mini-Camry styling. It also translates to extra shoulder room in the cabin.

In an effort to reach out to younger buyers while maintaining the status quo for Corolla lifers, Toyota will offer its compact sedan with two different engines in five trim levels.

For the budget-minded, there's the standard Corolla, decently equipped with air-conditioning, an audio system with a CD player and an auxiliary audio input, a tilt-telescoping steering wheel, ABS and side airbags. A full 25 percent of buyers will take the base car.

The volume seller at 43 percent will continue to be the Toyota Corolla LE, which has full power accessories and a slightly longer options list. About 20 percent of sales will be the popular S model, which returns with a blacked-out grille, foglights and sport seats. Then there's a new, upscale XLE model with electroluminescent gauges and faux wood trim.

Just 2 percent of buyers are expected to ante up for the top-of-the-line XRS model, but from an enthusiast's perspective, this is certainly the most interesting member of the 2009 Toyota Corolla family.

All other trim levels, you see, come with a new 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine good for 132 horsepower and 128 pound-feet of torque; you choose whether you want a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic transmission driving the front wheels. With the XRS, though, you get Toyota's 2.4-liter engine, good for 158 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque. In addition to a five-speed manual gearbox, you have access to a more modern five-speed automatic.

Under full throttle, the difference between these two engines amounts to a couple of seconds. Whereas Toyota's internal estimates show a 10.4-second 0-60-mph time for an automatic-equipped Corolla with the 1.8-liter engine, an automatic XRS model should need just 8.8 seconds to reach 60 mph (or 8.1 seconds with the manual). Unfortunately, there's also a significant trade-off in fuel economy. A Corolla with the 1.8-liter carries an impressive EPA rating of 27 mpg city/35 mpg highway. With the 2.4-liter, you're looking at a 22 mpg/30 mpg rating with the automatic and 22 mpg/29 mpg with the manual.

Stability control is a new feature this year. It's standard on the XRS and optional on other 2009 Toyota Corollas. Also new is an optional navigation system capable of displaying XM-based real-time traffic.

What's Edmunds' take?
As expected, Toyota plays it safe with the Corolla redesign, and the new sedan will undoubtedly satisfy consumers seeking a refined and fuel-efficient small car — just like every Corolla before it. — Erin Riches
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/au...hotopanel..2.*

Old 10-31-2007, 11:04 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
I don't particularly like the Corolla's style, but it does look more upscale than the Civic. Honda really needs to get rid of that wing thing on the H emblem and go back to a normal regular grille with the H in the center.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:35 PM
Banned

I was actually doing a commercial for Yamaha back in July/August and we ended the shoot at South Bay Studios. This is where they do most of all the car shoots/commercials in socal. Anyway, as we were wrapping I ran into a car prep tech and he snuck me on to a stage with the new matrix. I got to sit in and everything.

I think its a very nice looking car. Its lower, sleeker lines, a little more aggressive. Less "wagony" It was the copper/orange color. I think it will do very well when it hits.

I have no pics to prove it as I just wasnt allowed to take them for obvious reasons.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:36 PM
Banned

nevermind...there are pics in the link.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:43 PM
101 years of heartache...

That interior looks very clean and upscale for the market segment.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:57 PM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by phile
I don't particularly like the Corolla's style, but it does look more upscale than the Civic. Honda really needs to get rid of that wing thing on the H emblem and go back to a normal regular grille with the H in the center.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:03 AM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
I don't know what kind of crack you guys are smoking but I'll take my Civic Si over that crap-looking Tercel-er-Corolla any day!
Old 11-01-2007, 02:02 AM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
Damn, that 5 door auris looks pretty good.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:47 AM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Received 445 Likes on 214 Posts
new corolla looks good!
Old 11-01-2007, 07:41 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by einsatz
new corolla looks good!
No, it doesn't. The interior isn't to shabby though.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:38 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
meh
Old 11-01-2007, 10:39 AM
~[ô¿ô]~

Too bad they are only putting in a large engine in the XRS instead of a compact high-revving engine as the previous gen Corolla/Matrix XRS had.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:43 AM
I disagree with unanimity

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
needs turbo
Old 11-01-2007, 11:10 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
I was expecting so much more engine wise. That 2.4 in a XRS??
Old 11-01-2007, 12:20 PM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there was a sema-fied corolla that had a supercharger. for a second, i got scared and thought the new corolla was gonna pump out more HP than my TSX. thankfully, it was only for sema.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:52 PM

Received 2,773 Likes on 1,976 Posts
http://www.thetorquereport.com/2007/...s3_breaks.html

its a special car for sema so we wont ever see it, not that i would want it.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Drifting

VIP theme equipped with turbo?
Old 11-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Holy crap, the new Corolla is effing hideous! The front is just NASTY, and the rear end looks the same except for the stupid bulging tail lights. The outgoing model is unbelievably boring, but at least it isn't downright ugly.

ACK.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
Holy crap, the new Corolla is effing hideous! The front is just NASTY, and the rear end looks the same except for the stupid bulging tail lights. The outgoing model is unbelievably boring, but at least it isn't downright ugly.

ACK.
Been a while since I've seen something that so offensively bland. This ranks right up there with the Chrysler Sebring.

Toyota went too conservative on this one. The interior doesn't take any risks either. I just don't see this having an impact. There's a lot of good choices out there now:

-Lancer
-Civic
-Mazda 3
Old 01-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Drifting

First Drive: 2009 Toyota Corolla

Windsor, Ontario - As the old saying goes, 33 million people can't be wrong. That's about how many copies Toyota has sold of its Corolla since 1966, making it the world's most popular car. And when you've got numbers like that behind you, you've got to be very careful when it's time for a redesign.

To that end, the tenth-generation 2009 Corolla walks the line very well. It's more an evolution than a makeover: the styling is stronger, the engines are more powerful, and there are some long-overdue safety updates. The new model also marks the return of the sportier XRS trim line.

To go along with it, there's also a new Matrix hatchback model, which I'll look at separately in an upcoming article; General Motors will also take it and morph it into an all-new Pontiac Vibe.

Pricing hasn't been announced yet, and that's going to play a major role in the new model's success.

At first glance, the new Corolla bears a slight resemblance to a scaled-down Camry. It looks bigger than the model it replaces, but the tape measure tells the story: overall length increases by an imperceptible 10 mm, and the wheelbase is unchanged. The big difference is in the width, which increases by 60 mm; the height, which drops 20 to 25 mm, depending on the model; and the track width which increases an average of 43 mm in front and 68 mm behind. That gives the new Corolla a well-planted stance and considerably improved stability.

Interior space remains almost unchanged, with only a slight loss of headroom, and a little more shoulder space, although the trunk loses 42 litres (1.3 cubic feet) of cargo capacity. The windshield is more steeply raked, which improves the car's profile, and along with a lower dash, increases the forward visibility immensely, while giving the car a roomier feel inside.

The four-cylinder powerplant in the CE, LE and S models has a displacement of 1.8 litres as in 2008, but it's an all-new version that increases horsepower from the previous 126 to 132, and with a step up in torque from 122 lb-ft to 128. The CE and S have a five-speed manual that can be optioned to a four-speed automatic; the autobox is the only choice in the LE. The last XRS model, offered for 2006, used a souped-up version of the mainstream 1.8-litre; for 2009, the new XRS carries a 2.4-litre four-cylinder that makes 158 horses and 162 lb-ft of torque, and uses a five-speed manual or five-speed automatic with manual shift mode.

As with the previous model, the new Corolla uses MacPherson struts up front and a torsion beam in the rear; it's a bit surprising that it's also the underpinning for the XRS, given that the Matrix XRS has an independent double-wishbone setup for its back tires. Making its first appearance is electric power steering; while such systems can produce vague steering feel, Toyota has dialed this one in very well, with a light, comfortable feel for the regular models, and somewhat sharper performance for the XRS. It's not going to win brownie points with enthusiasts - the Mazda3 is still the benchmark here - but that's not the Corolla's reason for being. Instead, its smooth ride and predictable handling are aimed squarely at the commuter crowd who make up the bulk of this model's success.

Those commuters should be more than satisfied with the 1.8-litre; my seat time in the Corolla was limited, but the engine proved itself up to the task both on the highway and on city streets, with good acceleration even when merging into traffic at freeway speeds. The four-speed automatic is well-mated to it, and does a good job of keeping it in the sweet spot. The XRS is even more fun; the clutch and shifter have an almost European feel to them, although there's a tendency for the revs to hang up between shifts. Exclusive to the XRS is a strut tower brace, tempered with an integrated damper to prevent rough roads from jostling the occupants too much.

The Corolla's body contains a considerable amount of high- and ultra-high-strength steel, which the engineers say is 1.6 times stronger than conventional steel but 40 per cent lighter, and that plus a new curved floor improves torsional rigidity while reducing noise and vibration. Given the Corolla's quiet cabin, I'm inclined to believe them.

Most notable among the standard features are several safety items that were absent on the previous generation: anti-lock brakes with brake force distribution and brake assist, six airbags and active head restraints are now across-the-board on all models, and the XRS throws in four-wheel discs. Previously, ABS wasn't available on the base model even as an option, and seat side and curtain airbags could only be added as extra-cost items to the top-of-the-line LE, as part of a package that also included a power sunroof and anti-theft alarm.

Other new items that show up on every model, including the base version, include heated power mirrors, height-adjustable driver's seat, auxiliary stereo jack, and tilt and telescopic wheel. Other than that, the CE is a fairly base model, although it still includes full gauges, including a tachometer and outside temperature gauge, plus 16-inch wheels, dual vanity mirrors, illuminated entry, floor mats and digital clock. The LE and S models add air conditioning, power locks and windows, keyless entry, alloy wheels and cruise control, and the LE adds glowing Optitron gauges, automatic climate control and "smart key" proximity sensor with (unnecessary) pushbutton start. The XRS builds on the LE and throws in sportier-style seats, an overhead console box, 17-inch alloy wheels, power sunroof, full skirt package, and stability and traction control.

Inside, the Corolla doesn't break any new ground, but the styling is elegant for the compact segment. The Japanese triumvirate is now sharply divided: Toyota's cabin is more upscale, the Mazda3s all-red readout is sportier, and the Honda Civic features its futuristic dual dash. The Corolla's cascading centre stack is reminiscent of Volvo's waterfall design, but with more storage space, and its large dials and buttons offer the simplicity that should be standard on all vehicles. The last 2007 Corolla I drove wasn't up to the company's usual standards of fit and finish, but despite these 2009 models being very early production, it looks like it's back on track. There are numerous cubbies, including a double glovebox and door pockets that will hold a water bottle, and little pockets on either side of the centre console.

There are also some Canuck-influenced touches, according to chief engineer Shinichi Yasui. For the first time, the Corolla is designed as a single global model; previously, Toyota produced a design for the Japanese market, and then adapted it for each regional market. Production from the company's plant in Cambridge, Ontario is second only to Japan, and the Canadian factory exports to all of North America. Yasui said that, thanks to input from the team at Cambridge, the Corolla's pedals are spaced to fit a size 10-1/2 winter boot (the average worn by Canadian men); the door pockets were designed to fit an ice scraper, even though the Canadians had to send one to the engineers in Japan, who'd never seen one; the storage spaces were sized to fit North American electronics, such as cell phones and PDAs, which are larger than those used in Japan; and finally, yes, the cupholders really are sized to fit a double-double from Timmy's.

Toyota is hoping that its new Corolla will open up the model's appeal to a broader audience; currently, the average age of buyers hovers around 50-plus. Whether it can actually pull that off remains to be seen, although the appealing styling and the return of the XRS should help move it in that direction. Still, the Corolla still offers plenty of what put it on top in the first place: good performance, nice interior, and a comfortable ride. Updated rather than all-new, the Corolla balances 'new and improved' with 'old and familiar' in just the right proportions.
http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/jm/09corolla.htm

Old 01-30-2008, 01:16 AM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
the door pockets were designed to fit an ice scraper, even though the Canadians had to send one to the engineers in Japan, who'd never seen one
You gotta be kidding me - how do the Japanese scrape the ice off their windshield on a frosty morning?
Old 01-30-2008, 09:44 AM
on to the next one...

Originally Posted by biker
You gotta be kidding me - how do the Japanese scrape the ice off their windshield on a frosty morning?
Like you don't know...Robots... Teeny tiny heat sensing robots.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
Originally Posted by bgsm1th
Like you don't know...Robots... Teeny tiny heat sensing robots.

Or the engineers were all men and so naturally they send their women out to clean their windshields ...
Old 01-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Safety Car

meh... that's an ugly little car...
Old 01-15-2013, 10:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,648 Likes on 13,889 Posts
2013 Toyota Corolla Furia Concept

Press release...

Toyota revealed the Corolla Furia Concept at the 2013 North American International Auto Show in Detroit. This exciting compact sedan concept hints at the styling cues consumers can expect to see on the next-generation Corolla. The concept represents an exterior styling study by Toyota designers, and it builds on the brand’s product development priority to develop more dramatic, expressively designed vehicles.

“The Corolla Furia Concept is an early indicator of where our compact car design may lead in the future,” said Bill Fay, group vice president and general manager of the Toyota Division. “It blends a heightened emphasis on dramatic design and modern elements of high technology to generate curb appeal that will surprise a lot of people.”

The Furia is designed around a theme of “Iconic Dynamism,” which uses pure and simple surface elements to create a confident, decisive and recognizable appearance appealing to more youthful consumers. It features a more provocative, dynamic interpretation of a compact sedan that displays a more stable, athletic stance with 19-inch allow wheels pushed to the vehicle’s corners with short overhangs to help emphasize its long wheelbase.

The Corolla Furia design includes a swept windshield, with a sloped roofline and pronounced fender flares, to help communicate a sense of motion even when the car is stationary. The aggressively styled front fascia, with a blacked-out grille treatment, helps highlight a pair of sculpted front LED headlamps that combine with the rear composite LED taillight assemblies to add a sense of advanced technology to the Furia’s impactful exterior. Carbon fiber accents adorn the Corolla Furia Concept’s wheel wells, rocker panels, and rear valance, which includes ornate metal exhaust outlet surrounds to add a sense of modern athleticism.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,648 Likes on 13,889 Posts

Old 01-15-2013, 11:00 AM
Race Director

Toyota Civic?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
^ I was going to say very honda-ish too
Old 01-15-2013, 12:41 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
meh
Old 01-15-2013, 12:42 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
Civic front + ILX rear??
Old 02-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2014 Corolla Leaked

Looks like they got a lot of inspiration from the new Lexus ES for the rear, which is a good thing for the Corolla.

Similar c-pillar, tailights, trunk chrome strip, bumper, and even character line that runs from the tailights to the bottom of the bumper. Headlights kinda look like the Chevy Cruze. Not bad though. Lets just hope the interior isn't the typical Toyota terrible.

Last edited by VTEC Racer; 02-07-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:43 AM
Race Director

Meh - as before it's a reliable appliance to get you from A to B.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Race Director

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...NEWS/130519981

The 2014 Toyota Corolla arrives in dealerships later this year, but some bits of information about the big seller have leaked through a Kansas dealer to Car and Driver.

The Corolla will stick with a 1.8-liter, four-cylinder engine, but will add Toyota's Valvematic variable valve timing, which may add a few ponies. A four-speed automatic will be standard on base models, while a six-speed manual will also be offered, replacing the old five-speed . Higher-priced trims will use a CVT.

Styling, according to C&D, will be a cross between the angular Furia concept we saw at the Detroit auto show and the mundane Camry. The dealer also says that the interior will receive a handful of welcome upgrades.

Four trim levels will be offered: base, LE, S and Eco. We assume some sort of hybrid model is in the cards, and fuel economy will probably grow.

The current Corolla makes 132 hp from a 1.8-liter and costs $17,025, including destination.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Race Director

Toyota has been milking their drivetrains over many models but keeping the 4 AT, really? Like the DX for Honda, I would have thought Toyota would do away with base models.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:19 AM
Pinky all stinky

That's just to get people through the door. You can't buy 'em if the dealers don't order them. That's exactly what the Toyota dealers do.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Pinky all stinky

STANDARD LED headlights - WHAT?!

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2014...-redesign.html

But the 4-spd auto stays

Quick Reply: Toyota: Corolla News