TL me no more

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 10:40 PM
built for speed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TL me no more

What's up with all the TL threads and even highlighted features on the homepage? Wasn't this site supposed to be "the premier TSX owner community"? Hope you're enjoying the ride.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:51 PM
has been here awhile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL me MORE

Yeah...maybe a little strange to find a bunch of TL info on a TSX site, but who cares? If you don't want to know about the new TL, don't read the thread, right? This has been THE place to find TL information and because of this site--or more importantly all of its members--we have been able to have some pretty good conversations about it.

SPUDMTN
Old 09-07-2003, 11:37 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

All the discussions have been posted here (News & Rumours) and Off-Topic, so we are by no means saturating the TSX community with TL discussions. There is a TSX specific forum. What's the problem?

Old 09-07-2003, 11:48 PM
has been here awhile

Originally posted by VtecMW
...There is a TSX specific forum. What's the problem?

I'm w/ ya right on...I don't see a problem at all
Old 09-08-2003, 12:08 AM
Race Director

Why cant we just get a TL mini Forum?
Old 09-08-2003, 02:19 AM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Because this is not a TL site, its a TSX site.

As Acura owners and Honda fans, we all have an interest in the TL. But, I don't think we want to turn a TSX board into a general Acura board.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:14 AM
Suzuka Master

It is also the Premier TL site, for now...
Old 09-08-2003, 09:13 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

no comment
Old 09-08-2003, 09:28 AM

there is a smorgasbord of TL related information on this site. but i dont mind, i do need something to read while at work(on break of course)
Old 09-08-2003, 09:36 AM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

Originally posted by dabuda2004
there is a smorgasbord of TL related information on this site. but i dont mind, i do need something to read while at work(on break of course)
After seeing "Meet the Parents" I can't hear the word smorgasbord without laughing!

Anyway, it sounds as if the TSX crew is trying to kick us out of their driveway. No, we haven't come into the house!

I guess the next stop is over to TOV.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:52 AM
Instructor

Umm, The name could change to Acura-TSX & TL.com

Wouldnt it be nice to include a TL specific forum?? The site will just grow and be better in the end, I would think

This is a very nice informative board with hardly any bitching going on.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:59 AM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

Originally posted by Booyah
Umm, The name could change to Acura-TSX & TL.com

Wouldnt it be nice to include a TL specific forum?? The site will just grow and be better in the end, I would think

This is a very nice informative board with hardly any bitching going on.
That's exactly why a lot of people who have interest in the TL have come over here. For the most part, the members on this board, regardless of interest, all seem to be very mature, intelligent and open to alternative points of view. Of course, there will always be the usual suspects, not to name any names!

It would be nice to have a mini-forum for "All Things Honda and Acura" at the very least. Then again, that might saturate the board when there are other sites that are geared toward more general topics. Either way, it would still be nice to get a mini-forum.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:07 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

That's exactly why a lot of people who have interest in the TL have come over here. For the most part, the members on this board, regardless of interest, all seem to be very mature, intelligent and open to alternative points of view. Of course, there will always be the usual suspects, not to name any names!

It would be nice to have a mini-forum for "All Things Honda and Acura" at the very least. Then again, that might saturate the board when there are other sites that are geared toward more general topics. Either way, it would still be nice to get a mini-forum.

We have section for TL stuff...its called Off-topic.

I like the "All things Honda" idea...but I would even go one step further and create a "car lounge" like they have at vwvortex, where you discuss any automotive topics. (I'd say about half the people who post in the car lounge at vwvortex dont even own a vw...which is pretty cool. )
Old 09-08-2003, 10:15 AM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

Originally posted by fdl
We have section for TL stuff...its called Off-topic.

I like the "All things Honda" idea...but I would even go one step further and create a "car lounge" like they have at vwvortex, where you discuss any automotive topics. (I'd say about half the people who post in the car lounge at vwvortex dont even own a vw...which is pretty cool. )
I'm not too keen on the idea of TL discussions moving to Off-Topic. I do like the "Car Lounge" idea though.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Instructor

Well really, you can have 2 topics under the general forum! A TSX and a TL forum all to themselves. To me that is needed instead of a "news and rumors" Topic! that houses everything??

Having the TL under "Off-Topic" No-No-No!!
Old 09-08-2003, 12:29 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Well for what its worth, I have gained much more info from you guys than on the other website......the name is similar....is it the same people as this?
Old 09-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

I'd say 40% of the people who talk about the TL on this board can be seen on other boards. This is by far the best source of information for the TL, however. Plus, there are some pretty cool people on here.

It really would be nice to have our own parking lot!
Old 09-08-2003, 12:54 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

I'd say 40% of the people who talk about the TL on this board can be seen on other boards. This is by far the best source of information for the TL, however. Plus, there are some pretty cool people on here.

It really would be nice to have our own parking lot!

Maybe if we had a "TL" section if would keep our TL friends around longer, even after the "News and Rumours" die down.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:57 PM
Race Director

OK tell me this, why did the admins and mods release TL Photos, and stamp Acura-TSX.com on them..

They had to have wanted more members, specially Ones that like TL's so its there fault, how can they invite TL'ers and than disinvite them..
Old 09-08-2003, 01:07 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by 2004TL
OK tell me this, why did the admins and mods release TL Photos, and stamp Acura-TSX.com on them..

They had to have wanted more members, specially Ones that like TL's so its there fault, how can they invite TL'ers and than disinvite them..
Noone, and especially the admins and mods, are disinviting anyone.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:15 PM
Beaver Believer

Yea,

what FDL said

nobody wants TL'ers to leave and to the starter of this thread if you don't want to read about the TL, just skip the posts with TL in the title.

If you don't like post's about the TL then don't read them.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:45 PM
Instructor

dumb question perhaps, why not just have a TL forum on the site? Then we can stop bugging the rest of you.

-ferg
Old 09-08-2003, 01:52 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

Originally posted by 2k4tl
dumb question perhaps, why not just have a TL forum on the site? Then we can stop bugging the rest of you.

-ferg
From what I've been reading in the Suggestions Forum, there will be no TL forum because a lot of what's being discussed about the TL is perceived to be hype. Once the hype dies down it's expected that we will go away.

For those of you who are wondering why the TL discussions have come to this board, spend some time on :ghey: acura-tl.com :ghey: You'll see why those who are interested in the '04 TL came here. Actually, some of the people on this site haven't spent any time on :ghey: acura-tl.com :ghey:

Aside from that, A-TSX.com has proven itself as the best site for '04 TL info. No insult to TOV, but it couldn't keep up before official info released on the '04 TL. A-TSX.com has been on top of its game with the TL since the first thread got started.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:57 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

I'd love to see all you TL guys and gals stay here permanently, even asfter the hype, news, and rumours die down. We just need to find away for us to all co-exists in a nice organized manner Like I said before...my vote goes for a "Car Lounge" or even a TL section. We'll see what the admins think.
Old 09-08-2003, 02:00 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

Originally posted by fdl
I'd love to see all you TL guys and gals stay here permanently, even asfter the hype, news, and rumours die down. We just need to find away for us to all co-exists in a nice organized manner Like I said before...my vote goes for a "Car Lounge" or even a TL section. We'll see what the admins think.
I'm in favor of either solution.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:34 PM
Race Director

ok how about we make a new site instead of TSX put a TL there..

So it will be:

www.acura-tl.com

that would be a good side..

EDIT: How Dumb of me! There already is a www.acura-tl.com (J/K)

Looks like its full of 2004 TL Enthusiasts, They even have a third generation forum with over 119 Threads and almost 2,000 Posts..

Damn I found out about Canadian Review first there and than I posted it here..

Here is the 2004 TL Forum:

http://acura-tl.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=61

The thing I like about Acura-tl.com is that people are up late at night, and so I can talk about the 04TL, But here, it dies out..
Old 09-08-2003, 07:43 PM
Pro

Originally posted by 2004TL
ok how about we make a new site instead of TSX put a TL there..

So it will be:

www.acura-tl.com

that would be a good side..

EDIT: How Dumb of me! There already is a www.acura-tl.com (J/K)

Looks like its full of 2004 TL Enthusiasts, They even have a third generation forum with over 119 Threads and almost 2,000 Posts..

Damn I found out about Canadian Review first there and than I posted it here..

Here is the 2004 TL Forum:

http://acura-tl.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=61

The thing I like about Acura-tl.com is that people are up late at night, and so I can talk about the 04TL, But here, it dies out..
We still have more information than they do. They post stuff that we have first.

I like the idea of a TL part of this forum. I'll mention it to one of the admins next time I talk to them on mIRC.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:51 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, most TSX drivers are going to be very interested in what TL'ers have to say. So, that makes sense to me.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:52 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

I think we've made a strong case. 23 of the first 25 threads on this page are about the TL.

A-TSX vs. A-TL.com for TL info? No contest! Shameful almost! Okay, that's being too nice...

Shameful and disgraceful!
Old 09-08-2003, 08:04 PM
OG

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
True this is mainly a TSX site but that doesn't mean there can't be a sub forum for all things Acura. As soon as the TL fever is over the RL is right around the corner. This site can actually be the premier Acura site not just TSX. Something clubtsx.com didn't understand. A site is only as good as its MEMBERS and info.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:07 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

Well, I hope something gets done. Otherwise, I get the feeling we'll be evicted!
Old 09-08-2003, 08:53 PM
Race Director

I admit A-TSX gets new info, but what I like about A-TL is that there is always people online, whether it be 5 am or 5 pm..

I mean I always get a reply on my post QUICK..

I refresh the news and rumours on this site for 5-6 hours before a new post or reply comes, while in less than 30 mins there is always a new Post on A-TL
Old 09-08-2003, 08:57 PM
More On

A modest proposal: We don't need a new "TL Forum," we need a new TSX Forum!

Look at what we've got now, up on top of our "Table of Contents":

CAR TALK

Hmmm, "Car Talk." I'll assume that the Table of Contents knows what it's talking about, and so I'll take it literally.

So that would include TL (as well as, I guess, the Ferrari, or the Edsel).

OK?

But, wait a minute -- this is a TSX board.

So I say that under "General," maybe we should have an additional forum, "TSX Talk" or something like that.

Seems like a lot of people think "Car Talk" should be just about TSX. If that's what it's supposed to be, don't call it Car Talk.

As long as it's "Car Talk," TL belongs there as much as anything else belongs there. Not that our Table of Contents is a constitution or anything like that, but, heck, that's what is says there. It also says "General talk about the Acura TSX, Euro/JDM Accord, and related automotive topics" -- which I think anybody would say includes the TL.

I know, leave it to me to go off onto something like this, but...... I say that if y'all don't think it's good enough to follow what it says on our Table of Contents, it means you think we have to re-think the whole structure of our board.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

Man, that would be sure to start a war on this board! Using this forum as a TL parking lot is enough. Going to the Car Talk forum would be sure to cause problems.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:05 PM
Instructor

A Message Board admin writes...

For what it's worth, I was until recently product manager for one of the largest message board sites there is. I'll decline to say which, but I think we have about 80,000 boards. We found that once a group of people coalesced around a particular board, it was pretty much impossible to get them to move to another location -- even if we hand-made another location for them.

99% of message boards are lousy, with absurdly bad signal-to-noise ratios. acura-tsx is one of very few good ones. The likelihood of a successful migration of the TL folks off this site and onto another is painfully low. The likelihood of another TL-related board appearing with as savvy, civilised and literate a set of members is even lower. It'd be a shame to throw away what acura-tsx has achieved.

To me the solution is clear, create a TL forum as part of acura-tsx, and create others later on as needed.

But then again, my .sig shows I'm biased...
Old 09-08-2003, 09:12 PM
More On

Yeah, but I'm hearing two different things here:

(1) Maybe the TL stuff should be segregated onto its own thing.

(2) Maybe there should be more of a TSX focus, because this is a TSX board.

None of the suggestions (except mine ) address #2 -- because our board IS going to include stuff besides TSX, and there isn't anything in our current structure that provides a sole TSX focus anywhere.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:16 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

The point that's being missed here is the personality of the board. Yes, this board is the Premier TSX Community forum. Yet, it has also turned into one of the best Honda/Acura related sites for rumors, news and information. It should come as no surprise the amount of newcomers who come to this board for the reasons I just outlined.

Furthermore, there is an atmosphere here that welcomes different perspectives, positive or negative, creates positive interaction, for the most part, and seems to be made up of a good group of people.

I seriously doubt TL owners are going to look for a new home once the hype dies down. So, at the very minimum, there should be an All things Honda/Acura forum. It would be nice to have a TL forum, but then we could create a situation where people who own Civics, RSXs, Accords and RLs will demand a forum. The discussions that have been created in this forum should definitely get their own home though.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:30 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by larchmont
Yeah, but I'm hearing two different things here:

(1) Maybe the TL stuff should be segregated onto its own thing.

(2) Maybe there should be more of a TSX focus, because this is a TSX board.

None of the suggestions (except mine ) address #2 -- because our board IS going to include stuff besides TSX, and there isn't anything in our current structure that provides a sole TSX focus anywhere.
Larch...you are basically saying the same thing I am...make a car lounge where we can discuss all automotive topics. Only you are sayng we already have our "car lounge"....and its called car talk. Well...I think that our car talk section was never meant to be a catch all for everything, and was probably not appropriately named. Having said that I think it would not be logical to create a new tsx only section...with everyone already posting in car talk this could be very confusing. At the point in the game it would make more sense to create a new "Car lounge"...and maybe rename car talk to "TSX Car Talk" or something.

I think we are thinking the same thing..only your way is backwards
Old 09-08-2003, 09:33 PM
More On

Originally posted by fdl
Larch...you are basically saying the same thing I am...make a car lounge where we can discuss all automotive topics. Only you are sayng we already have our "car lounge"....and its called car talk. Well...I think that our car talk section was never meant to be a catch all for everything, and was probably not appropriately named. Having said that I think it would not be logical to create a new tsx only section...with everyone already posting in car talk this could be very confusing. At the point in the game it would make more sense to create a new "Car lounge"...and maybe rename car talk to "TSX Car Talk" or something.

I think we are thinking the same thing..only you're way is backwards
Your right.

And don't tell me I misspelled "your" -- b/c you did too!!!

(Ha ha -- gotcha!!!!!)
Old 09-08-2003, 09:39 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by larchmont
Your right.

And don't tell me I misspelled "your" -- b/c you did too!!!

(Ha ha -- gotcha!!!!!)

Ha! Good one Hey I am the worst speller in the world. But I know how to edit and I pay extra attention in topics