Thought About Changing My Color Combo this weekend...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 07:12 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Thought About Changing My Color Combo this weekend...

I currently have a deposit on a NBP/Ebony, but considered changing to WDP/Parchment after seeing the WDP again, in person, this weekend. Like I've said before, I'm not really a big fan of white cars, but the TL looks VERY good in white. I guess this says a lot about the TL because I haven't had this dilemma in the past. Oh well, for now, it's still NBP/Ebony.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:22 AM
Instructor

Okay, I just saw some more pics of a white TL. Whoa is me!!! Any comments from y'all?
Old 10-20-2003, 09:28 AM
TSX Lover

I have seen a couple white w/ parchment in person. They look great. The Parchment is darker than the Parchment on the TL than the TSX and the wood looks great with the aluminum trim. I haven't seen a bad color combination on the 04 TL yet, but this one is particularly sweet.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:52 AM
Pro

Any color seems to fit the TL well, it all depends on your tastes.

If you like it get it. after owning a pearl white car for 8 years, I can testify that it is very easy to keep clean, and no swirls! Second only to silver to keep clean.

You just may want to think about a light interior color, as they stain easier, just a thought.

Enjoy!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2003, 09:56 AM
Pro

I personally prefer the white over many of the other colors for the following reasons:

-It's not a trendy color (like many silvers, blue and greens tend to be) and therefore won't look dated
-It's not a flat appliance white, but a classy pearl color
-Ease of maintenance (will hide scratches better than any other color except silver)
Old 10-20-2003, 09:59 AM
Instructor

Yeah, the maintenance is part of the problem...

With the NBP/Ebony - exterior is harder to maintain, whereas (dark) interior won't show dirt as much

With the WDP/Parchment - exterior is easier to maintain, but the (light) interior will show dirt easier.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:37 AM
Pro

Originally posted by CTyler
Yeah, the maintenance is part of the problem...

With the NBP/Ebony - exterior is harder to maintain, whereas (dark) interior won't show dirt as much

With the WDP/Parchment - exterior is easier to maintain, but the (light) interior will show dirt easier.
Yep, exact reason I went with SSM/Ebony, I like white better in general, but the ebony inside is what sold me as it is easy to maintain inside and out.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:59 PM
Pro

Quartz interior should be a little easier to maintain than the parchment interior IMO.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:43 PM
Intermediate

I currently have my second black/ebony TL ('03). I hope to get a new TL next year but find the darker interiors too monochromatic in the new car. Whereas the darker interiors wear better, I really like the contrast with the parchment and the excellent plood. Really warms the car up! White cars are easier to keep clean, but they show every single contact with another car. After a few years, your bumpers are technicolor unless you buff them out.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:03 PM
Racer

If you are considering the Parchment (or Camel), be sure to sit in the back seat and make sure it suits you. While the front was fine, in the back, the interior color is much more noticable and IMHO the Parchment was too light and overpowering for me. The Quartz (front and back) was very nice. I would try to look at a WDP/Q before I decided.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:19 PM
Instructor

Re: Thought About Changing My Color Combo this weekend...

I currently have a deposit on a NBP/Ebony, but considered changing to WDP/Parchment after seeing the WDP again, in person, this weekend. Like I've said before, I'm not really a big fan of white cars, but the TL looks VERY good in white. I guess this says a lot about the TL because I haven't had this dilemma in the past. Oh well, for now, it's still NBP/Ebony.
I had every intention of buying a White/Parchment TL when I went for the test drive. I was expecting an off white pearlescent exterior with a light tan interior. What I saw was a somewhat strained combination of very white on the outside (under direct sunlight) and a surprising amount of yellow on the inside. Granted the white surely must soften in the early morning and again around twilight but that was not enough for me to overcome its noon time appearance.

I settled on the Silver/Quartz. #1 it's the most attractive combination because the two colors don't fight each other (they are actually quite harmonious), #2 silver is easy to keep clean (I saw an anthracite car the other day that had so much of a dusty appearance that the anthracite was almost a secondary color), #3 silver is easier to see at night than black, dark blue or green which may help in reducing the likelihood of a collision, #4 quartz doesn't absorb as much heat as black which makes for a cooler summertime experience.

Needless to say everyone sees these things differently so there is no "right" answer.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:18 AM
Instructor

Well, I think the Parchment would be too light for me. I haven't been impressed with the camel pics. So, it would definitely have to be the Ebony or Quartz. After seeing the nice pics of the black TL, I'm going to stick with my original choice of NBP/Ebony. Either way, I don't think I will be disappointed with the car...the TL (IMO) looks good in several colors.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:00 PM
Racer

Well, I think the Parchment would be too light for me. I haven't been impressed with the camel pics. So, it would definitely have to be the Ebony or Quartz. After seeing the nice pics of the black TL, I'm going to stick with my original choice of NBP/Ebony. Either way, I don't think I will be disappointed with the car...the TL (IMO) looks good in several colors.
Good choice. I agree this car seems to look good in many colors. My problem, like you and others, is the parchment and camel are too light or overpowering for me. I am glad to see a wide range of favorite colors, so there is a chance my anthracite/quartz may still be a little unique when I get it.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:30 PM
Advanced

I just switched from Anthracite/Quartz to NBP/Quartz. I saw the 2 side by side and threw practicality in the air and went with what I thought looked best. There are no wrong choices, color taste is subjective.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:26 PM
Instructor

I guess it is a good thing that some of us are having difficulty choosing (or sticking with) one color. To be honest, I've never had this problem with any other car.