Saturn Aura News **2010 Concept Illustrations (page 8)**

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 08:14 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
Its a rebagged Vauxhall Vectra

Last edited by Jack_n_Coke; 04-01-2006 at 08:19 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:02 AM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Jack_n_Coke]Its a rebagged Vauxhall Vectra

If it turns out like this, with a high quality interior, then Saturn may have a winner.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Infamous425
i dunno, saturn started out as an econo car maker and now they are switching up to premium car maker ? their new cars look great but it might turn out like vw for them
Good point. I know Saturn wants to be seen as a VW competitor. The trick is to do without remaining a niche brand and overpricing their cars. I think if they're priced right, and the quality's there, then cars like the Aura may have mass appeal. Hopefully the Outlooks turns out nicely also.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,569 Likes on 986 Posts
Originally Posted by Infamous425
i dunno, saturn started out as an econo car maker and now they are switching up to premium car maker ? their new cars look great but it might turn out like vw for them
I associate Saturn more with their sales model than the cars they sold so the higher prices for the new cars don't bother me.

The fact that they seem to be moving away from a "no-haggle" model concerns me.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by charliemike
The fact that they seem to be moving away from a "no-haggle" model concerns me.
I think that the "no-haggle" model is firmly in place. GM's just seems to have some renegade dealers that are trying to stick it to people with the Sky. I don't see them pulling that with any the new bread and butter models, no matter how hot they are. If the "no-haggle" pricing continues firmly in tact in the future, Saturn's future seems bright.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by titan
I think that the "no-haggle" model is firmly in place. GM's just seems to have some renegade dealers that are trying to stick it to people with the Sky. I don't see them pulling that with any the new bread and butter models, no matter how hot they are. If the "no-haggle" pricing continues firmly in tact in the future, Saturn's future seems bright.
One new sedan and the sky don't make saturns future bright. Scion sucked the no hassle buying out of saturn.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:57 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by heyitsme
One new sedan and the sky don't make saturns future bright. Scion sucked the no hassle buying out of saturn.
I'll say it again... I've mentioned MORE than just the Aura and the Sky. Those are just to great looking products that we know are here. They also have the Outlook coming out; the next Vue is around the corner; and the next Ion is supposed to be the next gen Astra. This is a very full lineup. Again, if the product is right, Saturn has a bright future. I don't think Scion sucked anything out of Saturn.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:11 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
^ true. people looking at scions dont even consider saturns
Old 04-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by LEFTLANENEWS
The official unveiling of the new 2007 Saturn Aura won’t take place until next week, but a new print ad for the car has already been published in some magazines. The ad indicates the car have a 248 horsepower engine. The ad also shows the new Saturn Sky Redline, which we previewed last week.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Racer

Saturn is making some nice cars now!
Old 04-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by sdho
Agreed 100%. Finally, a production pic of the Aura. It looks great, and with the Sky, Saturn will have a renewal not unlike Caddy. The next Vue and Ion (I hear there might be a name change for the Ion) will be hot, and along with the Outlook coming out shortly, Saturn will have a hell of a line. What I NEED to see is the INTERIOR of the AURA!
Old 04-08-2006, 06:07 PM
Safety Car

Based on exterior looks, i'd take this over the Accord, Camry, or Fusion anyday.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Feeds pigs bacon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what's with all these car companies having huge come backs or moving upscale?
Old 04-08-2006, 11:22 PM
Burning Brakes

dat is hot! and with 248 hp, it'll have some pep too
Old 04-09-2006, 12:24 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by fabrikated
I wondered the same thing too, initially. In actuality, this was done for a few reasons. All of most of the engineering (and clearly the design) are done by Opel, so that's less development and design costs for GM. In addition, the cars have an obvious European flair (since their German, ofcourse) that will appeal to a premium shopper that may otherwise by a VW. Hopefully, they'll fair better than VW is now. I really like the new look for the cars, and I think positioning them as premium products while not going luxury (like Caddy or Buick one day) is a savy move. Chevy can handle the econo offerings.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:43 AM
how handsome I am

holy fuck. Saturn coming outta nowhere with the mad surprise-ness
Old 04-09-2006, 01:09 AM
Feeds pigs bacon

Originally Posted by titan
I wondered the same thing too, initially. In actuality, this was done for a few reasons. All of most of the engineering (and clearly the design) are done by Opel, so that's less development and design costs for GM. In addition, the cars have an obvious European flair (since their German, ofcourse) that will appeal to a premium shopper that may otherwise by a VW. Hopefully, they'll fair better than VW is now. I really like the new look for the cars, and I think positioning them as premium products while not going luxury (like Caddy or Buick one day) is a savy move. Chevy can handle the econo offerings.
wow, that's probably 100% accurate
Old 04-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Safety Car

^ Hehehe, thanks.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fabrikated
Massive investments, mostly. It still doesn't mean that Mitsubishi, Saturn, or Volkswagen are secure in the US market, to name a few auto marques.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Source: Carscoops
Old 04-09-2006, 08:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Looks nice!
Old 04-09-2006, 09:18 PM
hail to the victors

looks great!!
Old 04-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Safety Car

It looks great. But Gav, isn't that the concept? We've seen the production version on the previous page. I think the production looks good, but the concept has a certain agressiveness not found on the other pic. I think this will be what the Redline looks like.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:27 AM
Midnight Marauder

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts
Is it me or does that car have the biggest smile on its face.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sdho
saturn= opel/vauxhall now
Old 04-10-2006, 09:43 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
holy shit, that Sky Redline is hot.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:43 AM
Burning Brakes

Old 04-11-2006, 07:58 AM
Burning Brakes

SATURN AURA RADIATES STYLE, REFINEMENT

Dynamic new sedan features fuel-saving six-speed auto; hybrid model coming

NEW YORK – With the launch of the 2007 Sky this spring, Saturn kicks off its most extensive product revitalization to date. Next to market is the all-new 2007 Aura midsize sedan, unveiled today. Based on last year’s concept car of the same name, the Aura blends Saturn’s new European-influenced design and high levels of refinement with the brand’s customer-focused purchase and ownership experience.

The Aura’s driving character will match its refined design, with a host of technologically sophisticated powertrains and a premium sport-sedan setup. Uplevel models feature GM’s first application of a new six-speed automatic transmission mated with the 3.6L DOHC V-6, creating a powerful yet fuel-efficient package. Later in the 2007 model year, Saturn will offer the Aura Green Line, a 2.4L Ecotec-based hybrid that will use a powertrain system similar to the Vue Green Line. It marks the first application of a hybrid powertrain in a GM passenger car.

“The bold, sophisticated design of the Aura represents another step in Saturn’s revitalization,” said Jill Lajdziak, Saturn general manager. “This is a fun-to-drive sport sedan that will appeal both to current Saturn owners and to those who have never considered shopping at one of our retail stores.”

When it goes on sale late this summer, the Aura will be available in two trim levels: the entry XE model and uplevel XR. Each model is well-equipped, with premium features and interior materials among the best in its segment.

Bold new design

Based on the dramatic concept vehicle unveiled in 2005, the Aura sports sedan carries much of the concept’s bold design. Seen in other new Saturn models, such as the Sky roadster and Outlook crossover vehicle, these elements – including distinctive headlamps with jewel-like appearance and a chrome grille bar – establish a new design language for Saturn’s growing portfolio of vehicles.

“The design language of the Aura – and other new Saturn models – is technical and conveys a premium appearance,” said Clay Dean, GM design director for small and midsize cars. “From the detailed lighting elements to the edginess of the silhouette, the Aura demonstrates a revitalized emphasis on style and performance.”

Aura’s premium design cues include halogen headlamps covered in clear housings that wrap upward and around the corners of the vehicle. This expressive, jewel-like design feature shared among Saturn’s newest models adds a sense of motion to the vehicle, even when stationary. At the rear of the vehicle, LED tail lamps are employed to enhance Aura’s technical ethic while also providing an extra measure of safety. LED lamps illuminate more quickly than conventional incandescent bulbs, which can allow drivers behind the Aura to react sooner when they see the brake lamps.

Additional design details include a radio antenna integrated in the rear window, for a sleeker overall appearance, and a chrome appearance for the door handles on XR models. Standard 17-inch wheels and tires fill the wheel houses, enhancing the vehicle’s sporty, firmly planted stance. XR models come with 18-inch polished, 14-spoke cast aluminum wheels and performance tires.

Aura is available in nine exterior colors: Berry Red, Black Onyx, Bronzed Pewter, Cream White, Golden Cashmere, Midnight Blue, Ocean Mist, Silver Pearl and Techno Grey

Refined interior

A major focus of the Aura’s design is its refined interior, which sets a new standard for the Saturn brand. Premium materials with low-gloss appearance and tight tolerances throughout exhibit excellent fit and finish, while two-tone color combinations for the trim and upholstery exude contemporary style. The interior trim flows across the instrument panel and wraps around onto the door panels for a more integrated appearance. Select use of chrome trim also accents the interior.

The gauge cluster uses LED-lit analog instruments, with amber lighting and animation at startup. LEDs are also used for ambient light projected from the overhead lamp and door pocket lamps. Self-dimming theater lighting enhances the premium feel and provides added convenience at night.

Aura’s front reclining bucket seats are designed to provide firm support and comfort on long drives. Leather seating is available, including finely detailed embossed leather seat inserts with the XR’s optional Morocco Brown interior. Aura’s other interior features include:
• Automatic climate control
• Center console with dual-bin storage and automatic sliding tambour door covering front cupholders and storage area
• Driver information center
• Optional power-adjustable pedals
• Available eight-way power-adjustable driver seat
• Optional heated front seats, available in cloth or leather
• Universal home remote
• Power windows with driver express up and express down feature
• Steering wheel audio controls
• Four-panel sliding Panoramic roof

A diverse range of audio systems also is available, all from GM’s new family of premium radios that feature intuitive controls and flush mounting for enhanced refinement. A six-speaker radio system is standard and includes an auxiliary input jack for portable audio players. Saturn’s Advanced Audio System also is available. It includes an AM/FM/CD/MP3 radio with eight-speaker sound, a 240-watt amplifier and rear-seat audio controls with two wireless headphones. XM Satellite Radio is available on all models.

Refined performance

Saturn offers two powertrains at launch that provide the Aura’s power and performance for a refined on-road feel. Standard on XE models is the 3.5L V-6 with variable valve timing (VVT). This powerplant, mated with the 4T45-E, four-speed automatic, generates 224 horsepower (167 kw) and 220 lb.-ft. of torque (298 Nm ).*

The 4T45-E is a four-speed, electronically controlled, automatic overdrive transaxle with an electronically controlled torque converter clutch noted for its low noise, high durability and smooth shifting.

Uplevel XR models are equipped with the 3.6L DOHC V-6 with VVT, rated at 252 horsepower* (188 kw) and 251 lb.-ft. of torque (340 Nm).* This engine is mated with the all-new Hydra-Matic 6T70 six-speed automatic transmission, the first application of this important addition to the GM Powertrain portfolio. The transmission allows for strong performance combined with strong fuel efficiency.
In addition, the 6T70 – GM’s first application of a front-wheel drive six-speed automatic transmission – will provide the added benefit of Driver Shift Control (DSC), which enables the driver to manually shift through gears via steering wheel-positioned “paddles.”

The Aura is built on a stiff, robust chassis that serves as the foundation for a satisfying driving experience. The vehicle’s long wheelbase provides a smooth ride, while careful tuning of the suspension provides sharp and immediate response to driver input.

Safety features

The Saturn Aura is designed for strong safety performance in all measurements. A safety cage construction built into the body structure is complemented with reinforced rocker sections, as well as a reinforced front body hinge pillar and roof pillars that were designed to improve impact protection. A magnesium cross-car beam unites the lower sections of the A-pillars. It helps protect passengers in side-impact crashes and also serves as the foundation of the instrument panel. High-strength steel was used in strategic areas to augment overall structural integrity.
A comprehensive roster of standard features helps protect occupants before, during and after a crash. Aura’s standard safety features include:
Dual-stage frontal air bags with GM Passenger Sensing System: The system works with the front passenger seat and differentiates between adults – 5 th percentile females and larger – and small children or child seats to adjust air bag deployment, which can help reduce the risk of air bag-induced injuries.
Head curtain side-impact air bags: For the driver and front passenger, these air bags offer added protection for the head and thorax during side-impact crashes.
Front seat-mounted thorax protection air bags: These air bags add an additional margin of protection to front seat passengers, protecting the chest cavity of driver and/or passenger when deployed in a side-impact crash.
Front safety belt pretensioners: Deploying at the same time as the frontal air bags, they take up slack in the safety belt webbing to minimize occupant movement during a crash.

LATCH child safety seat anchors: Two lower anchors and a top tether anchor secure the child seat to the vehicle seat structure for proper installation of compatible child safety seats.

Four-wheel disc brakes with ABS: Large, 11.65-inch (296 mm) vented front and 10.63-inch (270 mm) rear rotors help provide smooth, quick and assured stopping capability. Four-channel ABS is standard on all models.

StabiliTrak electronic stability control system (Aura XR): Partnered with the ABS system, StabiliTrak provides more precise, controlled stops, as well as enhanced traction/yaw stability during emergency maneuvers.

Traction control (Aura XE): Wheel slip sensors convey signals to an electronic control module, which alters the torque output of the engine to find optimal traction in slippery conditions.

OnStar is standard on all models with a one-year Safe and Sound plan, featuring the Advanced Automatic Crash Notification system. This post-crash notification system makes crash data available to emergency services, potentially dispatching appropriate life-saving personnel and equipment to the crash scene faster. If the crash activates an air bag, the OnStar system automatically notifies an OnStar advisor, who immediately calls the vehicle and/or summons emergency help.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:26 AM
Chloe @ 17mo

DAMMMM good for a Saturn.

BTW, the gap between interior panels (center console) are quite noticeable and doesn't lineup very well.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:58 AM
how handsome I am

whiskey.

tango.

foxtrot.

amazing.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:04 AM
Safety Car

I'm speechless. This car looks amazing, and very faithful to the concept. The interior's awesome. That tears it; I'd buy this car in this class above all others. The only thing that would saw me is if the Alitma is just magnificent.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Safety Car

It's nice they kept the interior colors (especially the burnt orage leather seats) for the production. The interior looks really good, IMHO.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:24 AM
Safety Car

Saturn's really trying to pull ahead. I think there are notable touches that really impress in this car. LED tail lights; LED Gauge lighting!; Paddle shifters with the uplever XR model that gets the HFV6; 17s standard, and 18's on the XR... Very nice, indeed.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Old 04-11-2006, 04:02 PM
Safety Car

Looks decent, should do well. Not really sold on the look inside or out though.

Don't like the sharing of the same radio/steering wheel that other cars/brands use. Gm goes to all the trouble of coming up with a new design and slacks off on something like that.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:26 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
interior looks great. exterior... meh.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by AsianRage
DAMMMM good for a Saturn.

BTW, the gap between interior panels (center console) are quite noticeable and doesn't lineup very well.
The wood running from the dash to the door doesn't line up either. I don't find anything good about the interior, it's a complete rip off of the E-Class, with lots of cheap plastic and poorer build quality.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Rumors on engines:

Aura Greenline with the Hybrid powertrain
Aura XE with the 3.5L VVT OHV V6
Aura XR with the 3.6L VVT DOHC V6
Aura Redline with a high performance 3.6L VVT V6 with near 300 HP.

"Not a reliable source"
Old 04-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Reposting text from previous page so it's legible due to formating:

SATURN AURA RADIATES STYLE, REFINEMENT

Dynamic new sedan features fuel-saving six-speed auto; hybrid model coming

NEW YORK – With the launch of the 2007 Sky this spring, Saturn kicks off its most extensive product revitalization to date. Next to market is the all-new 2007 Aura midsize sedan, unveiled today. Based on last year’s concept car of the same name, the Aura blends Saturn’s new European-influenced design and high levels of refinement with the brand’s customer-focused purchase and ownership experience.

The Aura’s driving character will match its refined design, with a host of technologically sophisticated powertrains and a premium sport-sedan setup. Uplevel models feature GM’s first application of a new six-speed automatic transmission mated with the 3.6L DOHC V-6, creating a powerful yet fuel-efficient package. Later in the 2007 model year, Saturn will offer the Aura Green Line, a 2.4L Ecotec-based hybrid that will use a powertrain system similar to the Vue Green Line. It marks the first application of a hybrid powertrain in a GM passenger car.

“The bold, sophisticated design of the Aura represents another step in Saturn’s revitalization,” said Jill Lajdziak, Saturn general manager. “This is a fun-to-drive sport sedan that will appeal both to current Saturn owners and to those who have never considered shopping at one of our retail stores.”

When it goes on sale late this summer, the Aura will be available in two trim levels: the entry XE model and uplevel XR. Each model is well-equipped, with premium features and interior materials among the best in its segment.

Bold new design

Based on the dramatic concept vehicle unveiled in 2005, the Aura sports sedan carries much of the concept’s bold design. Seen in other new Saturn models, such as the Sky roadster and Outlook crossover vehicle, these elements – including distinctive headlamps with jewel-like appearance and a chrome grille bar – establish a new design language for Saturn’s growing portfolio of vehicles.

“The design language of the Aura – and other new Saturn models – is technical and conveys a premium appearance,” said Clay Dean, GM design director for small and midsize cars. “From the detailed lighting elements to the edginess of the silhouette, the Aura demonstrates a revitalized emphasis on style and performance.”

Aura’s premium design cues include halogen headlamps covered in clear housings that wrap upward and around the corners of the vehicle. This expressive, jewel-like design feature shared among Saturn’s newest models adds a sense of motion to the vehicle, even when stationary. At the rear of the vehicle, LED tail lamps are employed to enhance Aura’s technical ethic while also providing an extra measure of safety. LED lamps illuminate more quickly than conventional incandescent bulbs, which can allow drivers behind the Aura to react sooner when they see the brake lamps.

Additional design details include a radio antenna integrated in the rear window, for a sleeker overall appearance, and a chrome appearance for the door handles on XR models. Standard 17-inch wheels and tires fill the wheel houses, enhancing the vehicle’s sporty, firmly planted stance. XR models come with 18-inch polished, 14-spoke cast aluminum wheels and performance tires.

Aura is available in nine exterior colors: Berry Red, Black Onyx, Bronzed Pewter, Cream White, Golden Cashmere, Midnight Blue, Ocean Mist, Silver Pearl and Techno Grey

Refined interior

A major focus of the Aura’s design is its refined interior, which sets a new standard for the Saturn brand. Premium materials with low-gloss appearance and tight tolerances throughout exhibit excellent fit and finish, while two-tone color combinations for the trim and upholstery exude contemporary style. The interior trim flows across the instrument panel and wraps around onto the door panels for a more integrated appearance. Select use of chrome trim also accents the interior.

The gauge cluster uses LED-lit analog instruments, with amber lighting and animation at startup. LEDs are also used for ambient light projected from the overhead lamp and door pocket lamps. Self-dimming theater lighting enhances the premium feel and provides added convenience at night.

Aura’s front reclining bucket seats are designed to provide firm support and comfort on long drives. Leather seating is available, including finely detailed embossed leather seat inserts with the XR’s optional Morocco Brown interior. Aura’s other interior features include:
• Automatic climate control
• Center console with dual-bin storage and automatic sliding tambour door covering front cupholders and storage area
• Driver information center
• Optional power-adjustable pedals
• Available eight-way power-adjustable driver seat
• Optional heated front seats, available in cloth or leather
• Universal home remote
• Power windows with driver express up and express down feature
• Steering wheel audio controls
• Four-panel sliding Panoramic roof

A diverse range of audio systems also is available, all from GM’s new family of premium radios that feature intuitive controls and flush mounting for enhanced refinement. A six-speaker radio system is standard and includes an auxiliary input jack for portable audio players. Saturn’s Advanced Audio System also is available. It includes an AM/FM/CD/MP3 radio with eight-speaker sound, a 240-watt amplifier and rear-seat audio controls with two wireless headphones. XM Satellite Radio is available on all models.

Refined performance

Saturn offers two powertrains at launch that provide the Aura’s power and performance for a refined on-road feel. Standard on XE models is the 3.5L V-6 with variable valve timing (VVT). This powerplant, mated with the 4T45-E, four-speed automatic, generates 224 horsepower (167 kw) and 220 lb.-ft. of torque (298 Nm ).*

The 4T45-E is a four-speed, electronically controlled, automatic overdrive transaxle with an electronically controlled torque converter clutch noted for its low noise, high durability and smooth shifting.

Uplevel XR models are equipped with the 3.6L DOHC V-6 with VVT, rated at 252 horsepower* (188 kw) and 251 lb.-ft. of torque (340 Nm).* This engine is mated with the all-new Hydra-Matic 6T70 six-speed automatic transmission, the first application of this important addition to the GM Powertrain portfolio. The transmission allows for strong performance combined with strong fuel efficiency.
In addition, the 6T70 – GM’s first application of a front-wheel drive six-speed automatic transmission – will provide the added benefit of Driver Shift Control (DSC), which enables the driver to manually shift through gears via steering wheel-positioned “paddles.”

The Aura is built on a stiff, robust chassis that serves as the foundation for a satisfying driving experience. The vehicle’s long wheelbase provides a smooth ride, while careful tuning of the suspension provides sharp and immediate response to driver input.

Safety features

The Saturn Aura is designed for strong safety performance in all measurements. A safety cage construction built into the body structure is complemented with reinforced rocker sections, as well as a reinforced front body hinge pillar and roof pillars that were designed to improve impact protection. A magnesium cross-car beam unites the lower sections of the A-pillars. It helps protect passengers in side-impact crashes and also serves as the foundation of the instrument panel. High-strength steel was used in strategic areas to augment overall structural integrity.
A comprehensive roster of standard features helps protect occupants before, during and after a crash. Aura’s standard safety features include:
Dual-stage frontal air bags with GM Passenger Sensing System: The system works with the front passenger seat and differentiates between adults – 5 th percentile females and larger – and small children or child seats to adjust air bag deployment, which can help reduce the risk of air bag-induced injuries.
Head curtain side-impact air bags: For the driver and front passenger, these air bags offer added protection for the head and thorax during side-impact crashes.
Front seat-mounted thorax protection air bags: These air bags add an additional margin of protection to front seat passengers, protecting the chest cavity of driver and/or passenger when deployed in a side-impact crash.
Front safety belt pretensioners: Deploying at the same time as the frontal air bags, they take up slack in the safety belt webbing to minimize occupant movement during a crash.

LATCH child safety seat anchors: Two lower anchors and a top tether anchor secure the child seat to the vehicle seat structure for proper installation of compatible child safety seats.

Four-wheel disc brakes with ABS: Large, 11.65-inch (296 mm) vented front and 10.63-inch (270 mm) rear rotors help provide smooth, quick and assured stopping capability. Four-channel ABS is standard on all models.

StabiliTrak electronic stability control system (Aura XR): Partnered with the ABS system, StabiliTrak provides more precise, controlled stops, as well as enhanced traction/yaw stability during emergency maneuvers.

Traction control (Aura XE): Wheel slip sensors convey signals to an electronic control module, which alters the torque output of the engine to find optimal traction in slippery conditions.

OnStar is standard on all models with a one-year Safe and Sound plan, featuring the Advanced Automatic Crash Notification system. This post-crash notification system makes crash data available to emergency services, potentially dispatching appropriate life-saving personnel and equipment to the crash scene faster. If the crash activates an air bag, the OnStar system automatically notifies an OnStar advisor, who immediately calls the vehicle and/or summons emergency help.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Moderator Alumnus

The interior looks amazing for the class and considering the nameplate!

Quick Reply: Saturn Aura News **2010 Concept Illustrations (page 8)**