RL @ Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 12:07 AM
has been here awhile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry RL @ Tokyo?

Okay...so I checked out the TOV article on the new concepts Honda is debuting at the Tokyo Auto Show next week, in hopes of seeing the Legend on the list, and guess what...IT'S NOT THERE! Is Honda playing a game w/ us?! How long have we waited for a new RL?! I sure hope they're going to surprise everyone! THEY BETTER! :angry: :sqnteek:
Old 10-16-2003, 06:42 AM
Pro

I was thinking the same thing, I thought that we might get to see the new RL at the Tokyo Show. Darn, looks like we'll have to wait until the New York Show.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:03 AM
Racer

Or maybe Detroit?
Old 10-16-2003, 08:43 AM
Burning Brakes

i think acura is going to specialize in selling near entry level luxury vehicles and not even bother to sell a real luxury car anymore because that's not something that they have the resources to do... they are doing great by just building near entry luxury vehicles and using price to sell... they are just going to stick with that and forget the whole luxury thing from now on. atleast that's what the cars they keep putting out indicate.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:51 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Yeah, that lovely 90K NSX is a nice entry luxury car from Acura.

I think it's worthwhile to note that Lexus and Infiniti do most their business in the sub-40K range with cars like the ES330 RX330, and G35. They're not that much different from Acura in terms of what people actually buy from them. The GS and LS sedans don't sell as much. BMW practically relies on the 3-Series to stay alive. Only Mercedes can lay claim to being truly luxurious because people actually buy their expensive cars. And Cadillac sells a ton of Devilles, simply because it's an American brand.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:53 PM
has been here awhile

Originally posted by gilboman
i think acura is going to specialize in selling near entry level luxury vehicles and not even bother to sell a real luxury car anymore because that's not something that they have the resources to do... they are doing great by just building near entry luxury vehicles and using price to sell... they are just going to stick with that and forget the whole luxury thing from now on. atleast that's what the cars they keep putting out indicate.
lol Ignorance is bliss, I guess...
Old 10-16-2003, 05:07 PM
Teh ?

Come on Gilbo Baggins (sorry, watch Two Towers last night, can't help), we can't say that just yet. We would have to see what the RL is going to be before we jump to such a conclusion. I have to admit that it has been the traditional formula for Acura, but things might change in the comming years.

And we can't blame Acura for staying in the lower market of luxuries cars. Have you read the new Wall Street Journal article on the trend of having low end luxury cars in all brands? BMW will introduce the 1 series near the fall of next year, Merc will brin the Smart SUV over, Audi has their A3 for the US market, Volvo will price the S40 under 26K, and Saab has that imprezza based car coming. Luxury companies need such cars for two reasons: 1, they need volume sellers to increase profits, and 2, they need something to draw in the younger buyers to extend their customer base for the future.

Let us see if Acura can work backwards and launch a climb towards the top, or if they just stay put and compete with the lower priced cars of the other lux brands.

Junkster, who would like the BMW 2002 name to come back.
Old 10-16-2003, 05:44 PM
OG

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Blah Blah Blah...
Old 10-16-2003, 05:51 PM
Burning Brakes

or maybe acura is just using entry cars (RSX, TSX, RDX) to introduce people to the acura name
Old 10-16-2003, 06:37 PM
"But they're mine!"

Originally posted by RJC RSX
or maybe acura is just using entry cars (RSX, TSX, RDX) to introduce people to the acura name
Its been a long introduction.