Porsche: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 641 Likes on 395 Posts
They must get The Stig to drive both cars back to back on the 'ring, all day long, and take the average of all the runs for each car. That's the ONLY way we'll EVER know.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts
Stig
Old 05-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fact of the matter is that a few pro drivers have tried to match Suzuki's time and weren't in the same ballpark. Suzuki might be a amazing driver, but he isn't THAT much better. Look at the disparity in times and tell me that's driver talent. Nissan obviously played with tire compound, brake pads, camber, etc. to post these times. I have no doubt in my mind that Nissan provided a ringer during the Ring testing. Why does Nissan alway release limited pictures of their Ring runs?
Old 05-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Maximized
The fact of the matter is that a few pro drivers have tried to match Suzuki's time and weren't in the same ballpark. Suzuki might be a amazing driver, but he isn't THAT much better. Look at the disparity in times and tell me that's driver talent. Nissan obviously played with tire compound, brake pads, camber, etc. to post these times. I have no doubt in my mind that Nissan provided a ringer during the Ring testing. Why does Nissan alway release limited pictures of their Ring runs?
My thoughts exactly
Old 05-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,659 Likes on 926 Posts
Ringer? Maybe. Possibly.

But I say, just build them all to ringer specs and be done with it. It's not like 911T drivers shouldn't get used to this view anyway:

Old 05-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
So you are saying Stuck and Rohl might sand bag in the GTR but Suzuki wont in the GT3? Boy if that isnt being biased
Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
How would that be fair? He's a Nissan test driver. They pay him money to do what he does, why would he try and make it look like the GT-R was the slower car?

The only fair circumstances would be as said, Rohrl in the 911 and Suzuki in the GT-R, COMPLETELY random cars.... the GT-R chosen by an incognito Porsche rep, and the GT3 chosen by an incognito Nissan rep. Immediately pick up rep from other manufacturer, then let them drive it straight to the designated meeting spot to transport or just drive to track. No funny stuff... random car straight off a random lot, driven by the best driver each manufacturer chooses.

That's one of the few legit possibilities to make sure no funny stuff is going on but its pointless either way. Its not going to convince anyone into liking one car more than the other thanks to the result, and it will convince even fewer potential sales. The only result would be a bunch of time and money wasted, and it would just be more fodder for Porsche and Nissan fanboys to smack back and forth.
DUH! That's my point entirely. It would NOT be fair to have Suzuki be the sole driver for both cars, just as it would NOT be fair to have Rohl or Stuck be the sole driver for both cars.

I agree with you 100% about random cars bought off the showroom floor + best drivers for each respective car = unbiased results. In fact, see post #209 where I said:

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Random cars + best drivers for each respective car = objective results
Random cars + best Porsche drivers = biased results
I only brought up Suzuki as the driver for both cars as a retort to those who kept insisting on using either Stuck or Rohl to drive both cars would somehow be a fair comparison.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
So you are saying Stuck and Rohl might sand bag in the GTR but Suzuki wont in the GT3? Boy if that isnt being biased
FWIW, I never said Stuck or Rohl would sandbag. Read #209. What I said was, they may honestly think they are pushing the GTR to the limit. But, as Porsche race car drivers, they may have biases - intentional or not - that prevents them from extracting that tiny last bit of performance out of the GTR. OTOH, they've both had decades of experience racing Porsches. They have a lot of vested interest to see Porsches do well. There would be no doubt they are extracting virtually everything they can out of them.

Which goes back to my first point:

I don't know why everyone, except for I Go to Costco, seems to be against this concept.

I also agree about a neutral driver like the Stig being the sole driver for both cars. That would be fair as well. BTW, Stig's times on the Top Gear test track for the GTR is quicker than his time for both a Carrera GT and a GT3 RS.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:48 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Belzebutt
They must get The Stig to drive both cars back to back on the 'ring, all day long, and take the average of all the runs for each car. That's the ONLY way we'll EVER know.
FWIW, The Stig HAS driven both cars on the same track. The Top Gear test track. Here are the results:

Porsche 911 GT2 - 3-way tie for 10th fastest car tested at 1:19.5 (tied with Ariel Atom and Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4)
Nissan GT-R - 11th fastest car tested at 1:19.7 (tied with Ferrari F430 Scuderia)
Porsche Carrera GT - 12th fastest at 1:19.8 (tied with Lamborghini Murcielago LP640)
Porsche 911 GT3 (996) - 18th fastest at 1:22.3 (tied with Ferrari F360CS)
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - 19th fastest at 1:22.4

True the GT2 was marginally faster (probably within the margin of error considering differing weather conditions), but the GT-R was basically as quick as or quicker than the 911 GT2/GT3, Carrera GT, and Corvette Z06 all while costing significantly less than any of them (save the Z06 which was 3 seconds slower on a short track). Anybody that denies the prowess of this supercar is an idiot....
Old 05-14-2009, 11:59 PM
Not just a smell

...I don't know why everyone, except for I Go to Costco, seems to be against this concept...
Not everyone, your just being jerked around by a few Porsche fanboi's. You point of view is obviously clear and sensible.

Of the impartial tests that I know of, i.e. Stig's, Bruno Senna's, etc., the GT-R beats the Porsches. The only people who dispute this are those with emotional/business ties to Porsche.

I had some fun with the Porsche wing nuts earlier in this thread but let's move on and see how the GT-R develops (i.e. V Spec) to beat the Vette and Viper. Those two made their record Ring laps with track modified cars so we need some comparisions with stock cars.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
FWIW, I never said Stuck or Rohl would sandbag. Read #209. What I said was, they may honestly think they are pushing the GTR to the limit. But, as Porsche race car drivers, they may have biases - intentional or not - that prevents them from extracting that tiny last bit of performance out of the GTR. OTOH, they've both had decades of experience racing Porsches. They have a lot of vested interest to see Porsches do well. There would be no doubt they are extracting virtually everything they can out of them.

Which goes back to my first point:

I don't know why everyone, except for I Go to Costco, seems to be against this concept.

I also agree about a neutral driver like the Stig being the sole driver for both cars. That would be fair as well. BTW, Stig's times on the Top Gear test track for the GTR is quicker than his time for both a Carrera GT and a GT3 RS.
Sorry i guess i miss read what you were trying to say. Though to think that a professional driver may not be able to extract the most out of it is (especially whats close to 30 seconds difference)
Many Top gears times IMHO are BS. They never test with similar conditions. They run in the wet and use those times as well.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Fishy
Not everyone, your just being jerked around by a few Porsche fanboi's. You point of view is obviously clear and sensible.

Of the impartial tests that I know of, i.e. Stig's, Bruno Senna's, etc., the GT-R beats the Porsches. The only people who dispute this are those with emotional/business ties to Porsche.

I had some fun with the Porsche wing nuts earlier in this thread but let's move on and see how the GT-R develops (i.e. V Spec) to beat the Vette and Viper. Those two made their record Ring laps with track modified cars so we need some comparisions with stock cars.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:46 AM
Senior Moderator

I dont like porsche so im not a fan boy. What i do think is many of us are disputing the claim that nissan has with its supposed time around the ring which NO ONE has come remotely close to.
The ZR1 wasnt a track modified car, hell it ran those times with runflats. Throw on a set of R compound tires and the GTR would never touch it. The viper was.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Suzuka Master

I don't own a Porsche, but I know cars and I know racing. The GTR's times are pure and simple BS. They brought a Ringer and they continously change things to post better times. Why do you think they are "testing" at the Ring multiple times?

As for the ZR1, it's a street car that rides softer than the Z06. It is not a track modified car. The ACR on the other hand has a more track orientated suspension with adjustable aero.

In Nissan's latest runs at the Ring:

"Nissan failed to give the exact specs of the car that laid down the new record time, but it is believed to be bone stock – save for optional Rays forged alloys from the SpecV model."

Nissan never shows pictures of the tires used. Why is that?
Old 05-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Suzuka Master

The ZR1 wasnt a track modified car, hell it ran those times with runflats.
Here would be something interesting:

Fly Jan Magnusson to the Ring and have him run a few laps. Then adjust the camber and caster for conditions and use Michelin Cup R-compounds. Then have Jan go balls out and run in the mid teens. Now here's the kicker, don't take any pictures of the car or don't release any pictures. Then send the information out to auto blogs that the ZR1 set a new unofficial record of 7.17 around the Ring. Does this sound similar to Nissan?
Old 05-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Here would be something interesting:

Fly Jan Magnusson to the Ring and have him run a few laps. Then adjust the camber and caster for conditions and use Michelin Cup R-compounds. Then have Jan go balls out and run in the mid teens. Now here's the kicker, don't take any pictures of the car or don't release any pictures. Then send the information out to auto blogs that the ZR1 set a new unofficial record of 7.17 around the Ring. Does this sound similar to Nissan?
While i have no doubts the ZR1 would do that set up like that, that sounds just like Nissan's claims.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Sorry i guess i miss read what you were trying to say. Though to think that a professional driver may not be able to extract the most out of it is (especially whats close to 30 seconds difference)
Many Top gears times IMHO are BS. They never test with similar conditions. They run in the wet and use those times as well.

I dont like porsche so im not a fan boy. What i do think is many of us are disputing the claim that nissan has with its supposed time around the ring which NO ONE has come remotely close to.
The ZR1 wasnt a track modified car, hell it ran those times with runflats. Throw on a set of R compound tires and the GTR would never touch it. The viper was.

I don't own a Porsche, but I know cars and I know racing. The GTR's times are pure and simple BS. They brought a Ringer and they continously change things to post better times. Why do you think they are "testing" at the Ring multiple times?

As for the ZR1, it's a street car that rides softer than the Z06. It is not a track modified car. The ACR on the other hand has a more track orientated suspension with adjustable aero.

In Nissan's latest runs at the Ring:

"Nissan failed to give the exact specs of the car that laid down the new record time, but it is believed to be bone stock – save for optional Rays forged alloys from the SpecV model."

Nissan never shows pictures of the tires used. Why is that?
Old 05-15-2009, 04:16 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
I don't know about you guys but it makes me itch to see Fishy indirectly agree with me

It is still difficult to confirm everything like tires and alignment settings used, but Nissan did post an in-car video of the GT-R. Someone also made a video of the GT-R running the ring, side by side with a ZR1 or a 911 or something. They slowed both videos down and pointed to a lap indicator at which point the timers started. It was very close.

I could still never bring myself to buy a new or newer Porsche or GT-R, and I love Skylines, R34s back to the C110 chassis GTRs and even Z cars, especially the 240/260/280Z. I also like Porsches, current to way old air-cooled models. I'm not a brand whore... if I was I probably would have never made the transition from Honda-Acura-Chevy. I have owned neither a Nissan or a Porsche before, and maybe my disappointment in the GT-R styling is subconsciously affecting my judgment (doubt it) but no amount of technological wizardry can make that performance possible with a stock ECU map, stock alignment settings and stock Dunlops.

People are also forgetting the dampeners, one of the most important components of a car's handling characteristics, IMO. The ZR1's has to be one of the best ever.... magnetorheological shocks that monitor dampening rates 100 times a second that adjust viscosity accordingly and smoothly pretty much instantaneously. It must handle track irregularities with ease. Add on top of that, compared to the GT-R with 480 AWHP (on a dynopack, which usually rates higher, the ZR1 has 500 lbs less weight, ~50 more WHP and ~70 more WTQ. All that and it can only top the GT-R's reputed lap record by 3 seconds?

BS? Yeah, I think so. You have to be a blind Nissan fanboy to not even have a single doubt in your mind. I know its fallacious to assume this, but if you notice, the same people who truly believe the GT-R time to be legit are the same ones who own a Nissan product and/or are the ones who love and over the GT-R.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
I don't know about you guys but it makes me itch to see Fishy indirectly agree with me

It is still difficult to confirm everything like tires and alignment settings used, but Nissan did post an in-car video of the GT-R. Someone also made a video of the GT-R running the ring, side by side with a ZR1 or a 911 or something. They slowed both videos down and pointed to a lap indicator at which point the timers started. It was very close.

I could still never bring myself to buy a new or newer Porsche or GT-R, and I love Skylines, R34s back to the C110 chassis GTRs and even Z cars, especially the 240/260/280Z. I also like Porsches, current to way old air-cooled models. I'm not a brand whore... if I was I probably would have never made the transition from Honda-Acura-Chevy. I have owned neither a Nissan or a Porsche before, and maybe my disappointment in the GT-R styling is subconsciously affecting my judgment (doubt it) but no amount of technological wizardry can make that performance possible with a stock ECU map, stock alignment settings and stock Dunlops.

People are also forgetting the dampeners, one of the most important components of a car's handling characteristics, IMO. The ZR1's has to be one of the best ever.... magnetorheological shocks that monitor dampening rates 100 times a second that adjust viscosity accordingly and smoothly pretty much instantaneously. It must handle track irregularities with ease. Add on top of that, compared to the GT-R with 480 AWHP (on a dynopack, which usually rates higher, the ZR1 has 500 lbs less weight, ~50 more WHP and ~70 more WTQ. All that and it can only top the GT-R's reputed lap record by 3 seconds?

BS? Yeah, I think so. You have to be a blind Nissan fanboy to not even have a single doubt in your mind. I know its fallacious to assume this, but if you notice, the same people who truly believe the GT-R time to be legit are the same ones who own a Nissan product and/or are the ones who love and over the GT-R.
Hey, i loved my 350z and at least i've driven the GTR and pushed it's turbo 6 to 100mph
Old 05-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Nissan's GTR is like steriods in baseball. We all know that McGuire and Sosa used performance enhancing drugs, they just haven't been "caught" yet.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Nissan's GTR is like steriods in baseball. We all know that McGuire and Sosa used performance enhancing drugs, they just haven't been "caught" yet.
GTRoid
Old 05-16-2009, 02:00 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by F23A4
Ringer? Maybe. Possibly.

But I say, just build them all to ringer specs and be done with it. It's not like 911T drivers shouldn't get used to this view anyway:

Old 05-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Senior Moderator

And all three have put on a great exhibition for the ages nonetheless. That said, Porsche should take Nissan up on their driving lesson offer; something would have to give afterwards.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Not just a smell

Beats to the dead horse, i.e. Porsche...

I'm surprised nobody has picked this up yet but Sport Auto did the Ring in 7:38 with the Euro spec GT-R + Dunlops:
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=31428

That's impressive. Sport Auto's editor in chief just spanked Walter Rohl's time of 7:54. Either Rohl is a joke, or he was dogging it because Porsche is his employer.

Now, I think Toshio Suzuki, a former F1 driver who was the driver of the GT-R during its development and who would drive it like his job depended on it would be able to shave that 7:38 down to the current 7:26:
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/10/v...ime-to-7-26-70

Speculation seems to be that Suzuki's driving style: pumping the steering around corners, utilizes the vehicle's stability control systems to maximize power/traction. In any event, that 7:26 run is insane to watch.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Senior Moderator

at some of the responses in that thread from http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=31428
Old 08-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Suzuka Master

hiyai! hiyai desu!
Old 08-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Suzuka Master

This is the interview with the above F1 development driver!:

Interviewed: Toshio Suzuki - Nissan GTR Driver who beats 911 Turbo At The Nurburgring

January 8, 2009

http://www.zerotohundred.com/2009/au...n-nurburgring/

^

Last edited by KavexTrax; 08-22-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,651 Likes on 13,891 Posts
Post Porsche Posts $6.6 Billion Loss

From Motor Authority...

Porsche, the once unassailable leader in the sports car segment, has proven that it too is susceptible to the harsh effects of the economic crisis that has been sweeping the globe over the past year. Coming off record sales and profits last year, Porsche has announced that it made a $6.6 billion loss for the financial year ending July 31, 2009.

Despite sales dropping by double digits, across almost every model line, the biggest hit to the sports car company’s bottom line was a failed attempt to takeover Volkswagen. This led to a massive write-down recognized for the cash-settlement options on Volkswagen shares, which Porsche originally purchased using debt.

Porsche, however, was quick to point out that the write-down exercise wouldn't actually affect the company's actual cash flow, showing up instead as just a on-paper loss.

Note also that the loss was reported by Porsche SE, the holding company of Porsche AG, which is the actual auto manufacturing division. Porsche AG has announced that its own operations still posted a double-digit margin in operating profit last year and remains the most profitable automaker in the world.
http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...6-billion-loss
Old 07-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,651 Likes on 13,891 Posts
Post New CEO Named

From Motor Authority: http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...ceo-of-porsche

It was only a year ago that Michael Macht replaced the ousted Wendelin Wiedeking as Porsche CEO but already there has been another switch of the top job at the famous sports car manufacturer. The role of Porsche CEO will now be played by Matthias Mueller, the former car-model chief strategist for the greater Volkswagen Group.

Mueller's job will be to oversee Porsche’s transition into a major player in the sports car segment, with the brand looking to double sales in the medium term and possibly launch a fifth model line. He will also be responsible for making sure Porsche’s transition into the greater Volkswagen Group goes smoothly.

As mentioned, Mueller, 57, is replacing Michael Macht, who moves into the new position of production chief for Volkswagen.

The plan for Volkswagen and all of its subsidiaries is to eventually topple Toyota as the world’s biggest automaker. The current target is 2018, and with the recent acquisition of a stake in Japan’s Suzuki, as well as production of a new plant in the U.S., Volkswagen will soon have significant operations all over the globe.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:45 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Vee dubs in teh wheel house at Porsche
Old 07-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Maybe cash strong honda who will be the only auto maker soon should buy them as their performance division
Old 07-08-2010, 10:35 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

^^ As if Honda cared about performance....
Old 11-18-2011, 12:38 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Porsche: New West Coast Experience Center & Track

Porsche has announced that it will build a West Coast Experience Center in Carson, California that will include a customer delivery center and track along with a host of related services.

Located roughly 15 minutes away from LAX, the centerpoint of the 53-acre facility will be what Porsche terms a “world-class test track and handling course” complete with an ice hill and a special off-road area with 45-degree declines and ascents for those wishing to test the capabilities of their Cayenne SUVs. Driving instructions will be available for enthusiasts of all skill levels.

The facility, which is modeled after sites in England, Germany and China, will also include a cafe, gift shop and a “Porsche Human Performance Center” with a gym and sports science laboratory.

“Our mission is to help everyone who loves automobiles and car culture to experience the pure joy, the art, and the science of driving,” said James Taylor, general manager, Porsche Experience Center. “Whether you want to experience the latest Porsche models like the new seventh-generation Porsche 911, upgrade your personal performance as a racer or athlete, or host a car club event or a product launch, we look forward to working with customers to create a memorable program.”

Construction will commence next summer, with the facility scheduled to open in 2013.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/porsche-...de-of-l-a.html
Old 11-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I have no idea what land they bought to build this, but I am excited. It should be ready in a couple years and my father-in-law, my brother, and I will definitely be looking for time to go.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:21 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Press Release:

Porsche to Build West Coast Experience Center

New Southern California facility will be a center of excellence for vehicle and human
performance education, from track experiences and driver training to car culture events

LOS ANGELES – November 16, 2011 – Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) today
announced it will build a second new Porsche Experience Center in North America, in
Carson, California. The purpose-built 51-acre facility and road handling course will be one of only five such sites in the world, including the original Porsche Experience Center at the legendary Silverstone Circuit in Great Britain and Centers in Leipzig, Germany and Shanghai, China.

In May, Porsche announced North America's first Porsche Experience Center, to be
built as part of the company's new U.S. headquarters complex in Atlanta, Georgia.

The new West Coast location will be situated near the intersection of two major Los Angeles area traffic arteries, the 405 and 110 Freeways, and is just minutes from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Southern California is one of the largest Porsche markets in the United States. Groundbreaking is anticipated for spring 2012.

"Helping enthusiasts feel and connect with their vehicle's full potential through intelligent
engineering has always been a part of the Porsche philosophy," said Detlev von Platen,
President and CEO of Porsche Cars North America. "Now, we are excited to turn dreams
into reality for all driving enthusiasts by creating a safe, exhilarating environment for
experiencing the pleasure of being in the driver's seat."

Given the Porsche Experience Center's extensive lineup of facilities and programs, finding
the perfect mix of education and enjoyment won't be difficult, no matter the individual's skill
or interest level. The centerpiece of the complex will be a world-class test track and
handling course, including areas where special surfaces replicate rain, ice, and snow
conditions. These training sections include the Ice Hill, where a steep slope, computer controlled water jets, and a low-friction surface will challenge even the most experienced
drivers and help them improve their real-world skills. A special off-road area will combine 45-degree declines and ascents – ideal terrain for unleashing a Porsche Cayenne.

Driving enthusiasts can sign up for sessions with highly trained Porsche driving consultants, while new drivers can enroll in programs that teach technique for navigating today's challenging roadways. The Porsche Driving Experience isn't just for adults – special programs for kids will ensure that even young enthusiasts get an early start in the art of automobile appreciation. Facilities, including track access, dining and conference spaces, will also be open to car clubs, corporate clients, and other special groups.

In addition to vehicle-based activities, the Porsche Experience Center will also offer
programs focused on maximizing personal fitness, wellness, and athletic performance
through its Porsche Human Performance Center. This unique facility will feature a leading
sports science laboratory and training programs, incorporating the latest techniques used in preparing Porsche race car drivers. Whether an individual's competition vehicle of choice has four wheels or two – or consists of one's own legs – the Porsche Human Performance Center offers customized experiences ranging from heat acclimation training and hydration strategies to individual wellness assessments.

Millions of residents and visitors will have easy access to the Porsche Experience Center: at LAX alone, over 59 million travelers passed through the airport in 2010. Another 15 million consumers reside within a 50-mile radius from the facility, and even more are based within a few hours travel time by car, including Orange and San Diego counties, California and major markets to the North.

"Our mission is to help everyone who loves automobiles and car culture to experience the
pure joy, the art, and the science of driving," said James Taylor, general manager, Porsche Experience Center. "Whether you want to experience the latest Porsche models like the new seventh-generation Porsche 911, upgrade your personal performance as a racer or athlete, or host a car club event or a product launch, we look forward to working with customers to create a memorable program."

The Porsche Experience Center will not just be for those who drive the track. The facility is designed for the whole family, offering a Porsche Café and gift shop along with plenty of trackside viewing areas. Additional fine dining facilities will be available for business
meetings and events.

The Carson, California Porsche Experience Center will be designed by several of the world's leading architectural partners. Atlanta-based design firm Cooper Carry has been charged with creating the buildings' eco-friendly footprints and structures, while two of the leading test track architects and engineers in the world, Giffels/IBI and Tilke Engineering, are designing the driving facilities.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:22 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Old 11-18-2011, 02:13 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
I have no idea what land they bought to build this, but I am excited. It should be ready in a couple years and my father-in-law, my brother, and I will definitely be looking for time to go.
I think they bought the Dominguez Golf Course right next to the 405.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:39 AM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
..... not too far from where I am.

Looks really nice.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:04 AM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
very exciting news. Show that they still support the enthusiast buyer....however, the building is not very impressive.. It looks dated already
Old 04-05-2012, 01:44 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Porsche: Ferdinand Alexander Porsche Passes Away

Professor Ferdinand Alexander Porsche, the man who is responsible for designing the first generation of the Porsche 911, has died at 76 years old in Salzburg, Austria. The cause of death was not released.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,484 Likes on 1,048 Posts

I don't think anyone can deny he was a legend in the automotive world. Sad loss today.

Quick Reply: Porsche: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News