Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 02:36 PM

Received 9,495 Likes on 6,167 Posts
I'm in love with the wagon
Old 03-03-2017, 08:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9,967 Likes on 5,137 Posts
Originally Posted by srika
reminder of where it came from..... this concept was from May 2016.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9,967 Likes on 5,137 Posts
Also I think this hasn't been posted.... the top line 2018 model is going to have ****680 horsepower**** with the standard twin-turbo engine assisted by a hybrid one. Holy insanity, Batman!!! Drop this motor in the wagon and Price is up there but what do you expect for a car of this caliber.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/25/...80-horsepower/

2018 Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid pumps out 680 horsepower

The most potent Panamera ever.

Porsche's most powerful Panamera ever is set to debut at the Geneva Motor Show. And in a nod to the times, and Porsche's own green car strategy, it's a plug-in hybrid.

The 2018 Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid will pack a total of 680 horsepower and 626 pound-feet of torque from a powertrain that features a 4.0-liter 550-hp V8 and a 136-hp electric motor. A 14.1-kilowatt-lithium-ion battery pack provides the juice, and the car can travel about 31 miles on just electricity. All of the low-end torque allows this big hybrid to hit 60 miles per hour in 3.2 seconds en route to a top speed of a 192 mph.
An eight-speed PDK dual-clutch gearbox and standard all-wheel drive round out the propulsion system. The battery takes 12 hours to charge on a 120-volt 10-amp plug, but fewer than three hours using a 240-volt, 40-amp socket.

So as the numbers bear out, this hybrid will indeed be capable. It will also feature the company's latest luxury features, like a 12.3-inch touchscreen with the Porsche Communication Management system. An air suspension, ceramic composite brakes, the Sport Chrono package, and Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus are among the included features. The hybrid comes in a standard wheelbase, starting at $185,450, and an executive wheelbase ($195,850). It hits dealers by the end of the year.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Um... this or NSX for the same price.....um..
Old 03-03-2017, 05:59 PM
Safety Car

Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
Damn that's one of the best exteriors I have seen in a long time. Nailed it on the wagon. Just absolutely nailed it.

The pricing king on the base engine models does not seem worth it at all though.

96k for an optionless wagon w the 330 hp base motor w awd. Am I reading that right? Isn't that like two 2017 V90s (which is a pretty luxurious car in its own right).

Checking a few boxes, you'll be around 110k for the base engine wagon. Seems a bit nuts.
The following users liked this post:
Chief F1 Fan (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 06:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 6,881 Likes on 3,491 Posts
Originally Posted by SamDoe1
brb, buying a lottery ticket. Hoping I win so I can buy one of these. This has officially replaced the E63 AMG wagon as my dream daily driver.

Me too SamDoe, I've been looking to replace my 530xi-T and this would be absolutely perfect in every imaginable way.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:21 AM

Received 5,293 Likes on 3,627 Posts
^ Do it !
Old 08-25-2017, 08:35 AM

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/...dk/first-drive

Mmmmmm. Hybrid.
Indeed. PHEVs are, quite possibly, the one remaining socially (and legally) acceptable method of limiting one’s tax liability. Official economy tests give MPG and CO2 figures that are all but impossible to match, but nonetheless mean that in Britain hybrids capable of running short distances on electricity alone get big tax breaks.

How big?
It’s complicated, and depends on how much you earn and how economical your car is. We won’t bore you with the process, but assuming you’re what they call an “additional rate” taxpayer, you can expect to pay Her Majesty’s Government something like £4,476 annually in company car tax for your shiny £81,141 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid – a car for which Porsche claims 113mpg and 56g/km.

A regular Panamera 4 is just £70,924, but emits a comparatively whopping 175g/km of CO2, more than doubling your yearly tax liability to £10,850. Take leasing costs (but not road tax, fuel, insurance…) into account, and some quick TG maths reveals that over three years, you’ll be £19,122 – or a whole Mini Cooper S – better-off with the ostensibly more expensive hybrid. This is not to be sniffed at.

So this is the Panamera to have, surely?
If you are a company car driver, then yes. If you aren’t, then no. It isn’t.

Why? What’s it like?
Let’s start with the basics: this is the Porsche Panamera 4 E-Hybrid. A plug-in hybrid that marries a 2.9-litre biturbo V6 with a “permanently excited” electric motor and 14.1kWh liquid-cooled lithium-ion battery (which is hidden under the boot floor).

Total system output is 456bhp and 516lb ft, allowing for 0-62mph in 4.6 seconds and a top speed of 173mph. Drive is to all four wheels via an eight-speed PDK and three-chamber air-suspension. A full charge from a typical household socket takes almost six hours, and delivers just over 30 miles of electric-only range at speeds of up to 87mph.

Sounds OK to me…
It sure is, providing you have some charge. Had none whatsoever when I got in it, so I stuck it in “E-Charge” mode, which promised to juice them up as I drove along. Cue the V6 blaring into life and, by the time I’d driven the mostly-motorway 76 miles home, an indicated 25.6mpg. And I’m neither especially heavy nor light of foot. I’m somewhere in the middle, and I’ve had better from Lamborghinis. Determined to do better, I plugged it in overnight, set-off with a full charge and arrived back at the office the next day having done a more respectable 39.8mpg. Not 113mpg, but not bad.

And that was achieved with judicious use of the many modes. E-Power, Hybrid Auto, E-Hold and E-Charge, along with Sport and Sport Plus. Most will leave it in Hybrid Auto, and if we’re honest it does a decent job of flitting between power sources as and when it decides. E-Hold hangs on to charge so you can use it later, E-Power is for electric-only running (default – what it starts in), and E-Charge is, as you know, the one that nukes fuel economy to charge the batteries. Because green.

Granted, people who buy Panamera PHEVs won’t find themselves in this position – having no charge at all – very often, because they’ll charge up at either home or office so they’re never left without. Or simply not buy it in the first place because it doesn’t fit with their lifestyle. But still. Could happen.

Could it?
Oh yes. Indicated range depletes quicker than your brain thinks it should, because of course the car’s using e-power alongside the engine to give you a boost. And it needs to – all the hybrid gubbins add 320kg – nearly two thirds a basic Caterham – to the Panamera’s kerbweight. With no e-assistance, it feels like what it is – a 2.2 tonne car with too little power.

Wow. Does it handle like a 2.2 tonne car?
In a way. You feel the mass on the brakes, which – in the finest of hybrid traditions – are a bit grabby, but in all it drives pretty well for such a big, boaty thing. Air suspension, too, so the ride’s nice and pillowy. The gearbox is a bit of a weird one – the old Panamera hybrid used a conventional torque-converter auto, but this new one’s gone PDK. But it’s not PDK as we know it – it’s slower, less decisive and less willing to respond to paddle pulls than we’re used to.

Oh, and this particular Panamera E-Hybrid had a sports exhaust, which is a bit odd because the last thing you want in a PHEV is to know when the engine and e-motor are trading blows. Especially odd (and loud) from the outside, when it decides the engine really is required halfway through pulling out of a junction, giving everyone within 50 feet palpitations. It would be a much, much better thing if it dropped the sporting pretensions and sought to deliver only on comfort.

Would it now?
Yes, because the Panamera is already bloody good at being comfortable, with its superb interior and long-range, loping qualities. Perhaps the Turbo S E-Hybrid will change our minds, but for now, the 4 E-Hybrid is a good PHEV. But it isn’t a good Panamera.

​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
Old 09-11-2017, 07:12 PM

Need

My E-hybrid build was over $260k
Old 09-11-2017, 10:08 PM
Ex-OEM King

Received 5,831 Likes on 3,852 Posts
Love the options list on Porsches. Want the dials in a different color? $700.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:57 PM
Team Owner

$70k in options..... i would rather have a base at $154k and a $70k M4
The following users liked this post:
2012wagon (09-26-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 08:58 AM

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/fut...rid-estate-car

Forget the Audi RS6: the Panamera Turbo S Sport Turismo is the new fast wagon king

In urgent need of a fast German estate car but always found the Audi RS6 a bit, erm, unpowerful? Well, you’re clearly mad.

But happily, Porsche has catered for your needs. This is the 670bhp (!) Panamera Turbo S e-Hybrid Sport Turismo. If the name seems a bit clunky, the rather svelte looking car is not.

It’s over 70bhp healthier than the fastest factory RS6, and it’s got hybrid power to thank. The 542bhp twin-turbo V8 from the ‘normal’ Turbo Turismo is given some assistance it hardly needed from a 134bhp electric motor. That’s basically a whole extra Swift Sport.

The same powertrain has already debuted in the hatchback Panamera, and it’s basically the ushering in of Porsche’s ethos that the top-rung Turbo should be petrol-electric.

On top of its Ferrari 488-beating power figure is 627lb ft of torque – any more, and it would be rivalling an aircraft carrier – enough to shuffle a two-tonne estate car to 62mph in 3.4secs (0.3sec below an RS6) on its way to a 192mph top speed (37mph greater than the Audi). Oh, and 0-124mph takes 8.5secs. That’s astonishing.

While these figures ought to be frighteningly achievable in the right conditions, the claimed 97.4mpg combined fuel consumption will likely remain solely on the spec sheet. But with around 30 miles of electric-only driving possible via a charge time of under three hours, there’s some flexibility here if you can plug the car in. And without any intervention from the V8, you can still hit 87mph…

As Porsche’s top-drawer model, there are many acronyms to learn. So there’s PAA (fancy active roof spoiler), PTV Plus (fancy handling stuff), PCCB (fancy brakes), PDCC Sport (fancy suspension) and PASM (even fancier suspension).

Being the Sport Turismo, there’s a lower boot lip and extra storage space over a regular Panamera – though perhaps not as much as you might think – as well as five seats rather than four.

The price? Um, £140,868. Pre-options. That makes it more expensive than a 911 Turbo or, when new, the ultra-exclusive 911 R. There is a heck of a lot of tech on board, though. And next time you meet an RS6 owner, some enormous bragging rights, too…
Old 09-26-2017, 08:58 AM

Old 09-26-2017, 12:24 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,824 Likes on 2,571 Posts
My friend is seriously contemplating the Hybrid S when his x5m lease is up next year.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:42 PM
The Third Ball

Same friend is out here for a vacation right now and rented a Panamera GTS. He let me drive it. It feels heavy put has sounds great. Has nice punch when you floor it. Handles on rails.

And I can’t stand it. It’s horrible to get in and out of. I think the only more difficult is a lotus Elise/exige.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:51 PM

Are the seats too low or what? I've sat in one Panamera ever and don't remember how the entry/exit was
Old 10-07-2017, 05:27 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Are the seats too low or what? I've sat in one Panamera ever and don't remember how the entry/exit was
seats are super low and super bolstered. And it’s feels the position in relation to the door frame is off.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 6,881 Likes on 3,491 Posts
go in ass first
Old 10-08-2017, 01:39 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by Chief F1 Fan
go in ass first
getting out is harder.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,651 Likes on 13,891 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarlacc
getting out is harder.
I sat in onebad1nsx's Panamera when we met up and had no issues climbing in and out...I know you had some back issues, was that a factor in your mobility?

I suspect it may have something to do with me being a small -er.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:14 AM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by Yumcha
I sat in onebad1nsx's Panamera when we met up and had no issues climbing in and out...I know you had some back issues, was that a factor in your mobility?

its you being small. We ALL hated it.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Post 2018 Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo

Press release...

The most powerful Sport Turismo becomes a plug-in hybrid

Stuttgart. Porsche is expanding its hybrid range, as a powerful plug-in hybrid is being added to the Panamera Sport Turismo model line. The new Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo flagship model will combine a four-litre V8 engine with an electric motor, resulting in a system power of 500 kW/680 hp. Even when just above idle speed, the Panamera Turbo offers 850 Nm of torque. That means it accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in 3.4 seconds and reaches a top speed of 310 km/h. Average consumption in the New European Driving Cycle (NEDC) is 3.0 l/100 km. The most powerful Sport Turismo has a range of up to 49 kilometres using solely electric power and therefore producing zero local emissions. It is not just the balance between performance and efficiency that makes the Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo unique in its segment; its spatial concept, including a large tailgate, low loading edge, increased luggage compartment volume and a 4+1 seating configuration, means that the new flagship of the model line offers a high standard of everyday practicality. Porsche combines unique design and excellent everyday practicality with top performance and maximum efficiency.

Zero to 100 km/h in 3.4 seconds and 3.0-litre fuel consumption

As with the Panamera sports saloon flagship model, Porsche is now also demonstrating the huge performance potential of hybrid technology with the Sport Turismo. The boost strategy used in the series-production all-wheel drive Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo has been taken from the Porsche 918 Spyder super sports car. Even at 1,400 rpm, the V8 biturbo (404 kW/550 hp) and the electric motor (100 kW/136 hp) deliver the maximum system torque of 850 Nm. The decoupler integrated into the hybrid module is electromechanically actuated via an Electric Clutch Actuator. The result is short response times and a high level of comfort. The fast-shifting, eight-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) is used to transmit power to the standard adaptive all-wheel drive system Porsche Traction Management (PTM). The E-performance drive allows the vehicle to sprint from zero to 100 km/h in 3.4 seconds. It only takes a further 8.5 seconds to reach the 200 km/h mark. The top speed is 310 km/h. Despite this level of performance, the plug-in hybrid model is also extremely efficient: The result from the New European Driving Cycle was fuel consumption of 3.0 l/100 km and power consumption of 17.6 kWh/100 km. The Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo has a range of up to 49 kilometres and a top speed of 140 km/h when driven solely using electric power, which result in no local emissions. The lithium-ion battery has an energy content of 14.1 kWh and can be charged within 2.4 to 6 hours, depending on the charger and power connection.

Unique design, adaptive roof spoiler and 4+1 seating concept

The Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo offers all of the innovations of the second generation of the Panamera. These include the digitalised Porsche Advanced Cockpit, ground-breaking assistance systems such as Porsche InnoDrive including adaptive cruise control and optional rear-axle steering. Another of these innovations is the roof spoiler, which is unique in the segment, the pitch of which is set to one of three different angles depending on the driving situation and selected vehicle settings. It also generates additional downforce of up to 50 kg on the rear axle. Up to a speed of 170 km/h, the aerodynamic guide element – a central system component of the Porsche Active Aerodynamics (PAA) – stays in its retracted position at an angle of minus seven degrees to follow the roof line, which slopes to the rear. Above 170 km/h, the roof spoiler automatically moves to the performance position with an angle of plus one degree, thereby increasing driving stability and lateral dynamics. When in the Sport and Sport Plus driving modes, the roof spoiler automatically moves to the performance position at speeds of 90 km/h upwards. PAA also provides active assistance by adapting the roof spoiler’s angle of inclination to plus 26 degrees when the panoramic sliding roof is open at a speed of 90 km/h or above in order to compensate for the turbulence created.

Conceptually, the top-of-the-line model offers all of the advantages of the new Sport Turismo range resulting from the avant-garde design. The roof line of the Sport Turismo, which is raised in comparison to the sports saloon, allows for easier entry and exit at the rear of the vehicle and ensures greater head clearance. The usability of the luggage compartment benefits from the wide opening tailgate, which is electrically operated as standard, and a loading edge height of just 628 millimetres. The Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo is also equipped with three rear seats. The two outside seats take the form of individual seats–in keeping with the model line’s claim for sporty performance with maximum passenger comfort–thereby producing a 2+1 configuration at the rear. Two electrically adjustable individual seats for the rear can also be ordered as an option. Measured to the upper edge of the rear seats, the Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo offers 425 litres of storage space. The backrests of the three rear seats can be folded down together or individually (in a 40:20:40 split) and are unlocked electrically from the luggage compartment. In this case, the loading volume is increased to up to 1,295 litres.

Extensive standard equipment including ceramic brakes

The Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo is available to order now, with prices starting from EUR 188,592 including VAT in Germany. The standard equipment is extensive: For example, it comes with electric Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC Sport) roll stabilisation including the Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus) rear differential lock, the high-performance Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) braking system, 21-inch alloy wheels in a 911 turbo design, Power Steering Plus, the Sport Chrono Package and auxiliary air conditioning as standard. As with all Panamera Sport Turismo models that deliver more than 324 kW (440 hp) of power, the new top-of-the-line model also features adaptive three-chamber air suspension including Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) for a broad range between a high level of driving dynamics and driving comfort.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:26 AM

https://www.netcarshow.com/porsche/2...sport_turismo/

Porsche has added two extra sporty models to its Panamera range. With a powerful performance from the four-litre V8 biturbo engine (338 kW/460 hp), extra dynamic chassis systems including three-chamber air suspension, and their own unique design elements and equipment, the Porsche Panamera GTS and Panamera GTS Sport Turismo harness a one-of-a-kind performance package. For example, the Sport Design package with black exterior elements and large Alcantara surfaces in the interior is included as standard. What's more, Porsche has expanded its portfolio of comfort and assistance systems to include a head-up display with various configuration options for the entire Panamera range.

Emotion and efficiency: V8 engine with 460 hp and sports exhaust system

At the heart of both of the new Porsche Panamera GTS models is a four-litre V8 engine with 338 kW (460 hp) of output and maximum torque of 620 Nm, cultivating an emotional sound and driving experience when combined with the standard sports exhaust system. The biturbo engine, which features a gasoline particulate filter, outperforms its predecessor by 15 kW (20 hp) and 100 Nm, accelerating the Panamera GTS and Panamera GTS Sport Turismo from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.1 seconds as it works in conjunction with the standard Sport Chrono package. The two models achieve a top speed of 292 and 289 km/h respectively. There are no interruptions in tractive force as power is transmitted to the Porsche Traction Management (PTM) all-wheel drive system by the eight-speed PDK dual clutch gearbox. Their exceptional performance is achieved with moderate consumption of just 10.3 l/100 km (Sport Turismo: 10.6 l/100 km) (see footnote); the CO2emissions are 235 g/km (Sport Turismo: 242 g/km).

Performance and comfort: sports chassis with three-chamber air suspension

Designed to reflect the sporting prowess of the Porsche Panamera GTS models, the chassis systems are impressively dynamic. The adaptive air suspension with three-chamber technology is fitted as standard, which results in flexible control and optimum spring rate spread. The sports chassis in the two GTS models has been lowered by 10 millimetres, while the Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) function has been adapted for an even sportier calibration. The result? Outstanding lateral dynamics. Large brakes (390 millimetres in diameter at the front, 365 millimetres at the rear) deliver outstanding deceleration.

That distinctive GTS look: Sport Design package with black highlights

When compared to the predecessor, the new Porsche Panamera GTS models' basic equipment package has been significantly upgraded in a number of areas. The Sport Design package with a new black front end, black trim at the bottom of the rear, and a variety of darker elements highlights the more athletic appearance. The GTS models are equipped with 20-inch Panamera Design wheels as standard. The interior features hallmark elements of black Alcantara and anodised aluminium. The standard package also includes a heated multifunction sports steering wheel with gearshift paddles and Alcantara trim and the Connect Plus module for a wide range of digital services. With the optional Interior GTS package, drivers can customise their vehicle with various design elements, such as a rev counter, designer seams, and GTS logos in the contrasting shades of Carmine Red or Crayon.

A first for the Panamera: head-up display with many configuration options

The GTS models offer all the same innovations as the second-generation Panamera range. These include the digital Porsche Advanced Cockpit, assist systems such as Porsche InnoDrive including adaptive cruise control, and optional rear-axle steering. The GTS also features one highlight that is new to the entire Panamera range - the head-up display. The display can be configured by the driver and projects all relevant information directly into their direct line of sight in full colour.

Even better for day-to-day driving: the first ever Panamera GTS Sport Turismo

As is tradition at Porsche, GTS stands for Gran Turismo Sport. Porsche's first road-approved sports car, the 904 Carrera GTS, was launched all the way back in 1963, bringing racing technology to the streets. This was followed by the 924 GTS and 928 GTS, which cultivated the concept throughout the 1980s and 90s. In 2007, the GTS celebrated its revival with the Carrera GTS. The first generation of the Panamera GTS followed in 2011, initially available as a sports saloon only. Now, the new Porsche Panamera GTS is also available as a Sports Turismo. With a large boot lid, low loading sill, increased luggage compartment volume and 4+1 seating configuration, the new GTS variant based on the 2017 model meets the highest of standards for everyday driving, while also delivering outstanding performance.

The new GTS models are available to order now. In Germany, the Porsche Panamera GTS is available from EUR 138,493 including VAT and country-specific equipment; the Porsche Panamera GTS Sport Turismo is available from EUR 141,349.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Sigh.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:06 PM
Team Owner

Sigh.

add an "1" in front of your S5 $$ and u could have this.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:23 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Old 10-25-2018, 04:46 PM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

Received 219 Likes on 118 Posts
Lemme respond to this a year later

Man, that's been some time Yummy! Gotta say though, kinda regret getting out of it a tiny bit.

Originally Posted by Sarlacc
its you being small. We ALL hated it.
I had no issue getting in and out of it in the driver's seat. The back though, that's a different story. Pain in the ass and glad I never sat there. You step in and then kind of fall back into the seat. Ended up getting rid of it because it was hard for my grandparents to get in and out of. The Macan GTS is easier for people to get into the rear, but i think it's more of a pain in the ass to get in the seat now because of the high bolsters. .
Old 10-26-2018, 12:00 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by onebadna1nsx
Lemme respond to this a year later
Old 04-29-2019, 10:44 AM

https://jalopnik.com/the-rumors-of-a...gai-1834362154

Hardly a month goes by in the automotive world without a rumor of Porsche reviving a front-engine V8 four-seater lux coupe based on a shortened Panamera platform. Since the Panamera launched in 2010, the big Porsche sedan has prompted the rumors. In fairness to Porsche, the Panamera is an excellent car, and has only gotten better with recent years. It’s packed with tech, it’s fast, it’s got heaps of grip and drives like a car half its weight. This platform would spawn a BMW 8-series fighter coupe.

The most recent round of rumors was kicked off by Autocar
as it reports that Porsche has been endeavoring toward a 928 redux. As with all things Porsche, nobody at the company will confirm or deny any rumors about future product, so we aren’t likely to hear any hard confirmation about such a thing happening. That won’t stop everyone from asking.

As such, Autocar asked Porsche’s design boss Michael Mauer, the designer for the original Panamera.

“As a designer there are no limits to what I can conceive. I believe it is the design department’s role to sketch and consider every model it can for the future so that we are ready should anyone wish to pursue a project. But if you are asking me to confirm if such projects are on the way then you are going to be disappointed. It is not my role to consider such things.”
It’s unlikely that such a car would even carry the 928 name, as it would probably be a Panamera Coupe. Through the grapevine it sounds like plans are under way for such a thing to happen, but it might bank on Bentley developing a car on the same shortened platform to amortize the cost of developing such a car.

While we’re talking rumors, I’d like to see this same platform attributed to Lamborghini. It’s been far too long since Lambo has had a nice four-seat front-engine car. It is my opinion that the greatest Lamborghini product of all time is the Espada, and I’d love to see a new one, no matter how impractical that is.

For the time being, enjoy the rumors and consider what a new Panamera short boy 928 might look like. Autocar has an excellent rendering which looks much like a 928 lopped off after the front door and the back half of a 911 stuck to it. Check it out.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 08-14-2020, 04:16 PM
Team Owner

waiting for someone to say Tesla >
Old 08-14-2020, 04:19 PM
Team Owner

When i drove the Turbo from my work, it felt fast, very fast and planted but very heavy at the same time... While it is very capable of fast times, it is not a car that you feel good driving on the track...

Last edited by oonowindoo; 08-14-2020 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-09-2021, 11:08 AM

https://www.motor1.com/news/546363/2...tion-revealed/

Is there a future for the Porsche Panamera beyond its current generation? With sales of the brand’s original four-door sedan lagging as consumers gobble up the similarly shaped, all-electric Star Award-winning Taycan – which through October had outsold every other vehicle in the lineup sans Macan and Cayenne – it’s a fair question. But in the here and now, Porsche is making, of all things, a value play with the 2022 Panamera Platinum Edition.

Of course, Porsche doesn’t explicitly say “value.” That’s a four-letter word for the high-performance vehicle manufacturer. But a quick look at what the Platinum Edition adds to the Panamera, Panamera 4, and Panamera 4 E-Hybrid (the three most affordable members of the family) makes seeing any other impression tricky. We’ve attached the standard prices to each item’s description, to give you an idea of just how much the Platinum Edition saves owners.

Every model comes standard with 21-inch Exclusive Design Sport wheels finished in Satin Platinum paint. Getting the same alloys on a base Panamera will cost $5,500. The palette of no-cost color options swells from two (White and Black) to 13, covering both gloss and metallic shades. A series of Special paint colors remain available for a $3,270 premium. Also on the exterior, you’ll find Matrix LED headlights with Porsche Dynamic Lighting and automatic high beams as standard, saving $1,980.

Open any of the four doors and then shut them again to experience the standard soft-close system (normally $740). Open them one more time and peek inside to see the Platinum Edition door sills and the Porsche crest embossed on the headrests ($570). The interior trim is black brushed aluminum ($1,000), while 14-way seats ($1,740) with heating and ventilation are standard up front – backseat passengers do without the butt chillers or the wide-ranging adjustability ($1,390, all together).

Porsche opted to leave the powertrain alone, but it is including an air suspension with adaptive dampers. This is a standard item on the Panamera 4 E-Hybrid, but there’s a $2,190 premium on the base and 4 models. Blind-spot monitoring ($1,060) is standard on all three Platinum Edition variants, as is Power Steering Plus ($310) for better low-speed maneuverability.

The Panamera Platinum Edition starts at $103,250 for the base model, $107,350 for the Panamera 4, and $116,550 for the E-Hybrid variant. Getting all the same equipment on a base Panamera would cost $107,110, while the 4 would be $111,710 and the E-Hybrid would require $121,520. In effect, Porsche is giving Panamera, Panamera 4, and Panamera 4 E-Hybrid customers a roughly $4,000 to $5,000 discount on some very popular pieces of tech and aesthetic options.

Porsche will start delivering examples of this new trim in the Spring of 2022, so if you’re one of the few folks still considering a Panamera and are itching to save some cash, get to your local dealer ASAP.

Old 11-24-2023, 10:14 PM

Received 2,773 Likes on 1,976 Posts
Old 11-27-2023, 07:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 436 Likes on 246 Posts
The Sport Turismo is gone?? If so, that’s really disappointing!
Old 11-27-2023, 08:09 AM

https://www.netcarshow.com/porsche/2024-panamera/

The Porsche Panamera is entering its third model generation. The sports car manufacturer's luxury sedan emphasises its sporting character with even more powerful drive systems. The profile is enhanced by a fundamentally modernised operating concept and plenty of innovative technology. These include the new Porsche Active Ride suspension system, which combines a significantly higher level of comfort with the sporting driving characteristics for which Porsche is famous. The integration of the user's own digital ecosystem into the Porsche Communication Management (PCM) offers new ways of interacting with the car. The technical yet elegant, dynamic design of the new Panamera gives the model line's attractive proportions a fresh update. A wide range of driver assistance systems and a fundamentally redesigned, driver-centred interior enhance the driving experience.

Superior feel with state-of-the-art suspension systems

The new Panamera already comes with dual-chamber two-valve air suspension with Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) as standard. The two-valve technology separates the rebound and compression stages of the damper control and therefore offers an even wider range between comfort and sportiness: the system noticeably dampens impacts from transverse joints and road damage while at the same time ensuring more body stability in dynamic driving situations. The car's handling can be further improved thanks to optional all-wheel steering.

In addition, the innovative Porsche Active Ride active suspension system is available as an option for the E-Hybrid models of the new Panamera. This system surpasses other suspension concepts in all relevant parameters and offers an unprecedented range between driving comfort and driving dynamics. The basis for this is newly developed active shock absorbers - also with two-valve technology - each connected to an electrically operated hydraulic pump. This generates a volume flow in the damper according to demand and can therefore build up forces between the body and wheels in a lightning-fast, highly precise and targeted manner, which counteract and almost completely compensate for the forces resulting from the road excitation. A weight-saving single-chamber air-suspension system complements this technology.

The chassis keeps the body of the Panamera flat at all times, even during dynamic braking, steering and acceleration manoeuvres. With a smooth ride, the system absorbs bumps almost completely. In dynamic driving situations, the Porsche Active Ride suspension system ensures a perfect connection to the road thanks to a balanced distribution of wheel loads.

If the corresponding mode is activated, the suspension can overcompensate for pitching and rolling tendencies to reduce the acceleration forces acting on the occupants. In this setting, the new Panamera leans into the corners like a motorcycle would. It pulls the front down when accelerating and the rear when decelerating. When stationary, the Porsche Active Ride suspension system lifts the body to a comfortable entry or exit height.

More E-Performance and comprehensively revamped engines

Porsche offers a total of four efficient E-Hybrid powertrains for the new Panamera, in response to the high demand for this type of drive system. All E-Hybrid variants benefit from greater performance, range and efficiency. The Panamera Turbo E-Hybrid is ready at market launch. The heart of its powertrain is a fundamentally revised four-litre V8 turbo engine. The output of the newly developed electric motor is 140 kW (190 PS). Together, they create a system output of 500 kW (680 PS). The system torque reaches an impressive 930 Nm. Porsche integrates the electric motor into the housing of the comprehensively redesigned eight-speed PDK dual-clutch transmission. Dispensing with a separate E-motor housing saves around five kilograms. The integration of the unit into the oil circuit of the transmission also optimises the heat balance of the electric drive unit and allows higher continuous output from the electric motor.

The Panamera Turbo E-Hybrid sprints to 100 km/h in 3.2 seconds and boasts a top speed of 315 km/h. Its battery capacity is now 25.9 kWh. This enables an equivalent electric range of up to 91 kilometres in the combined WLTP cycle or 83-93 km in the city cycle. A new 11 kW on-board AC charger shortens the charging time at suitable charging points to 2 hours and 39 minutes.

The Panamera and Panamera 4 variants will also be available at the time of the launch. Modifications to boost pressure, fuel injection flow rate and ignition timing optimise the performance of the 2.9-litre V6 turbo engine. It now generates 260 kW (353 PS) and 500 Nm of torque - an increase of 17 kW (23 PS) and 50 Nm compared to its predecessor. This shortens the Panamera's sprint to 100 km/h to 5.2 seconds and boosts its top speed to 272 km/h. The all-wheel drive Panamera 4 now takes 4.8 seconds and reaches 270 km/h.

Luxurious and sporting inside and out

The new Panamera retains the characteristic lines and proportions of the model line. It measures 5,052 mm in length (Executive: 5,202 mm) and is 1,937 mm wide and 1,423 mm high (Executive: 1,428 mm). Its fundamentally revamped appearance lends the sports sedan an even more expressive and sporting look. Up front, an additional air intake above the number plate compensates for the increased air requirement of the drive systems. The redesigned window line in the sideview reinforces the sedan character of the four-door sports car. The outer edges of the rear window are flush with the contour of the body, creating harmonious lines at the rear of the car.

The Porsche Driver Experience cockpit concept features the ideal balance between digital and analogue control elements and positions the input and output elements essential for driving along the driver's axis. The gear selector lever is directly to the right of the steering wheel. The mode switch for the Normal, Sport and Sport Plus driving programmes and the assistance control stalks are also directly accessible to the driver. This means that they don't need to take their eyes off the road in order to adjust the drive programmes and assistance systems.

An optional passenger display closely integrates the passenger into the driving experience. The 10.9-inch screen displays vehicle performance data on request. It also allows operation of the infotainment system and supports video streaming while the car is in motion. In order to avoid distracting whomever is behind the wheel, the passenger display cannot be seen from the driver's seat.

A more distinctive Panamera Turbo E-Hybrid

Model variants bearing the Turbo name enjoy a special position at Porsche as the performance flagships. Porsche has strengthened this position in the model line with the Panamera Turbo E-Hybrid. Externally, it is characterised by a distinctive rear apron with painted diffuser panels and a unique front apron in body colour. There are also chrome-plated tailpipes in dark bronze and optional centre-lock wheels, which can also be specified on the other models.

The Turbo-exclusive colour Turbonite is used as a contrast on the side window strips and the Turbo logo on the tailgate, as well as in the Porsche crest on the bonnet, wheels and steering wheel. Inside, Turbonite is combined with carbon elements to create a sporting ambience. It can be found, for example, in the central rev-counter in the instrument cluster and as the colour of the controls in the centre console.

Digital experience and new assistance systems

The new Panamera will become an integral part of the driver's digital ecosystem. To log in with their personal Porsche ID, all customers need to do is scan a QR code displayed in the PCM with their smartphone. Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto enable the linking of smartphone and vehicle data for improved usability. The integration of vehicle functions from the MyPorsche app into Apple CarPlay® enables optimised operation of digital functions and creates a clearer overview. Functions such as air conditioning, seat massage and ambient lighting can be controlled directly via Apple CarPlay® or with the Siri® voice assistant.

Porsche is also equipping the Panamera with standard Matrix LED headlights. The high-resolution HD Matrix LED lighting system, which has more than 32,000 pixels per headlight, is available as an option. It offers completely new lighting features, such as dedicated lane brightening. The illumination range is up to 600 metres. Porsche has significantly upgraded the range of assistance systems in the new Panamera. The standard active speed assistant now interacts with traffic sign recognition. If the system is active, the Panamera will not automatically drive faster than the appropriate speed limit. Porsche InnoDrive including adaptive cruise control features active lane guidance and junction assist. A swerve assistant is now also part of the range of functions. Also new is that, during automatic parking, the driver no longer has to be in the car, although they are still responsible for the manoeuvre. The parking process can be monitored from a smartphone with the new Remote ParkAssist function.

Available at prices starting from €107,800

The new Porsche Panamera is available to order now. It offers extended standard equipment compared to its predecessor with two-valve dual-chamber air suspension, LED matrix headlights, ParkAssist, driving mode switch on the steering wheel, a cooled smartphone compartment with inductive charging function and an improved fine dust filter with GPS-supported, automatic air-recirculation function. In Germany, Porsche is offering the new Panamera from €107,800 (Panamera 4 from €111,900) including VAT and country-specific equipment. The Panamera Turbo E-Hybrid starts from €192,500. Deliveries in Europe will begin in March 2024.

Porsche produces the new Panamera at its Leipzig factory. The Saxon production site is closely associated with the Panamera: from 2009 to 2016, the first generation of the four-door sports sedan was assembled there while complete production moved to Leipzig in 2016 with the introduction of the second generation.

Old 11-27-2023, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by PhilB81
The Sport Turismo is gone?? If so, that’s really disappointing!
Maybe the ST will follow as a MY25?
Old 11-27-2023, 08:58 AM
Ex-OEM King

Received 5,831 Likes on 3,852 Posts
I doubt it, it's likely toast and the values of the ones out there are going to go through the roof.

The best thing about this car is the pop up spoiler on the GTS and Turbo models.

Quick Reply: Porsche: Panamera News