View Poll Results: Which interior color looks best in the 04 TL?
Camel
17.89%
Parchment
15.45%
Quartz
39.02%
Ebony
27.64%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Now which INTERIOR color looks best on 04 TL?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 11:06 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now which INTERIOR color looks best on 04 TL?

Sorry to be the Gallup guy of the forums, but the change seen in exterior color choice pre and post-release (so far) has made me curious as to whether people feel differently about the interior colors as well. Has seeing the TL's various interior color options changed your opinion?

I like the camel MUCH better in person than I did when those spy photos came out of Seattle a while back. The faux wood also looks much richer than I was expecting. However, I'm still firmly in the ebony/quartz camp, as I was before...
Old 10-10-2003, 11:09 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
little off topic, but w/ quartz and ebony which are my fave, is black carbon fiber the only trim?
Old 10-10-2003, 11:20 AM
Racer

Originally posted by moreace
little off topic, but w/ quartz and ebony which are my fave, is black carbon fiber the only trim?
Yes -- the carbon fiber is the only option w/ quartz/ebony, but I'm sure you will be able to purchase the faux wood from one of several online Honda/Acura parts dealers in the near future. If you ask, your local dealer may also be willing to order and install the parts for you, although you'll save some $$ if you DIY...
Old 10-10-2003, 11:27 AM
Pro

Thanks, I actually preferred just black plastic like the TSX. Hate the wood, but CF looks awful too, just want reg black plastic
Old 10-10-2003, 08:19 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by moreace
I agree with your comment. The quartz is my fav interior, but the carbon fiber is just so-so looking. Maybe a dark smoked wood trim would look nicer, but not the bowling ball trim from the previous TLs.
Old 10-11-2003, 03:35 PM
Racer

Is it just me, or is the quartz in the TL significantly darker than that in the TSX? I think adding the black carpeted floor mats to the quartz interior might possibly enhance the two-tone look while masking dirt a bit better.

One of the photo albums posted here showed the camel, and it looked like the floor mats were dark blue (or black)!! Can anyone verify?
Old 10-11-2003, 03:49 PM
Burning Brakes

from the photos i've seen, it's definitely darker. Keep in mind the TSX and TL's leather come from two different sources.
Old 10-11-2003, 04:39 PM
Instructor

How hard would it be to switch out the carbon for the wood?
Old 10-11-2003, 04:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I still like the ebony. I actually LIKE the fake carbon fiber, it provides a nice contrast in the interior.
Old 10-11-2003, 05:52 PM
Intermediate

I just went for test drive today, and to make sure I'm happy with the camel interior I've ordered to go with my anthracite. Reading all the posts this month on how orangy the camel was, I've been a nervous wreck. To my surprise, the camel is just as I'd envisioned. One could call it Caramel, too. and it matches the "wood" trim better than parchment. more in the same color family. You could see camel/caramel swirls within the "wood". Also..... my dealer says it matches my hair.
SOLD! what a salesman!
Old 10-11-2003, 06:45 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by princed
One of the photo albums posted here showed the camel, and it looked like the floor mats were dark blue (or black)!! Can anyone verify?
The mats are turned upside down to keep dirt off of them and the underside of the mat is black.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:37 AM
Racer

Originally posted by JeffPhx
The mats are turned upside down to keep dirt off of them and the underside of the mat is black.
Well, the contrast of the black mats with the camel colored carpet and seats was pretty nice. If I ever bought a camel TL, I'd probably keep the mats upside down...

I went by the local dealership today to browse the cars in the lot (I love going on Sunday when things are quiet). I just cannot decide which interior looks better -- quartz or ebony. The quartz seats are so luxurious with the darker gray contrasting well with the black upper dash -- and the car seems to have such an open, inviting feel. OTOH, the ebony makes the aluminum trim stand out and has an enveloping quality about it that complements its sportiness...

One thing I don't care for is the TL's floormats. I know this is nitpicking, but they look lower quality than the carpet lining the floors. In the ebony, the black of the mats doesn't even match the black of the interior carpeting.
Old 10-12-2003, 03:25 PM
Race Director

Where is this picture of the camel with upside down mats?

I really wanna see this
Old 10-12-2003, 05:21 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Princed- I like Sundays too. You can look and stare all you want at the cars with no pressure. Haven't seen the camel yet. Parchment seems a little too light for my liking. The quartz is, well, gray. The ebony looks sharp with the metal and the carbon fiber but I'm not sure I'm a ebony kind of guy. Good to hear someone here really likes the camel as this might turn out to be my favorite.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:23 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
I think the TL should be available with this interior color combo (this is the JDM Legend):
Old 10-14-2003, 07:03 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by mcgilh
I just went for test drive today, and to make sure I'm happy with the camel interior I've ordered to go with my anthracite... To my surprise, the camel is just as I'd envisioned. One could call it Caramel, too. and it matches the "wood" trim better than parchment. more in the same color family. ..

I just don't know mcgilh. The only camel photos I've seen are here (third and fourth rows from the bottom):

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...ighlight=hires

I'll be the first to admit that color in photos can be mis-leading given that parchment looks so much more beige in some photos than it does in reality (where it takes on a significant yellowish tone). If, however, camel does look like the photos shown above (does it?) then we're coming to different aesthetic conclusions. I do see an orange tint that some may find attractive. I haven't seen it in that light just yet.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:06 AM
Intermediate

yep, we all see things a bit differently. In person, it looks like a rich buttery caramel leather. very sumptuous.If I were choosing a leather handbag between parchment and camel, I'd go for the camel. Much richer, warmer. don't see orange . and in the parchment, don't see yellow . Parchment has muted muddy greyish quality, depending on the combination & light. It has a nice cool tone with the dark colors, granted. very dramatic contrast to look into black car and see the ghostly light of the parchment. that's nice too. But, when I sit in camel, I feel happy and sunny. My old TL was black. depressing, shows all the dust. I wanted something different this time. I think they all are sharp. hard choice for me. but, I ordered camel sight unseen, and was happy when I saw it in showroom. just hoping it looks good with anthracite.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:10 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Phile-
Couldn't agree more on your picture. No metal trim for me would be just fine. What year is this car? Is this similar to the trim in the current RL? Any word on what the trim will be like in the future RL?