Nissan Frontier News **Freshened for MY '08 (page 1)** - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > Automotive Discussion > Automotive News
Reload this Page >

Nissan Frontier News **Freshened for MY '08 (page 1)**

Notices
Automotive News
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 01-04-2004, 12:22 PM
Registered Member

Old 01-04-2004, 12:54 PM
fap fap fap

i like the crew cab! how much pwr does the 4.0 put out?
Old 01-04-2004, 07:33 PM
Registered Member

Is that the new VQ 4.0L? I'd be interested in the specs
Old 01-04-2004, 10:12 PM
What, me drive fast?

Is it just me or are those front wheels really far forward? Overall it is okay...looks like a Nissan, not that I don't like the new Nissan flavor.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:57 AM
Registered Member

Engine 4.0-liter DOHC V6
250-plus horsepower
270-plus lb-ft torque
(Final figures will be announced closer to production)

Available 2.5-liter DOHC inline 4-cylinder (King Cab only)

Transmission 5-speed electronically controlled automatic or 6-speed manual

Frame Fully boxed, all-steel (F-Alpha frame, based on the Nissan Titan)

Drive configuration Front engine/4x2 or 4x4
Available part-time four-wheel drive system with electronically controlled 2-speed transfer case
Available Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)
Available advanced off-road traction system

Suspension Double-wishbone front suspension with coil-over shock absorbers, stabilizer bar
Rigid leaf rear suspension

Steering Power-assisted rack-and-pinion

Brakes 4-wheel vented disc brakes with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD)

Wheels/Tires Up to 17-inch/265/65R17

Wheelbase 125.9 inches

Length 205.5 inches

Width 72.8 inches

Height 69.7 inches King Cab
70.1 inches Crew Cab (w/o/ roof rack)

Select Exterior Features Available in a choice of King Cab or Crew Cab bodies with aggressive, rugged Titan-style exterior design, chrome grille and bumpers, short front and rear overhangs, large geometric fender flares, available high-utility bed features, including factory-applied spray-in bedliner, Utili-track bed channel system, available tube-style, functional roof rack

Select Interior Features Spacious, comfortable interior design with flexible seating and cargo utility, larger interior dimensions versus the current Frontier, flip-up rear seats on King Cab and Crew Cab

Safety Zone Body construction with front and rear crumple zones, Nissan Advanced Air Bag System (includes dual-stage front supplemental air bags with seat belt sensors and a front occupant classification sensor), 3-point front seat belts with pretensioners and load limiters, available supplemental front seat side-impact air bags with available supplemental curtain air bags for side impact and rollover protection for front and rear outboard passengers, 3-point seat belts for all rear seat occupants, including center position (Crew Cab), LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) child seat anchor system

Models King Cab and Crew Cab available in 4x2 and 4x4 and a choice of trim levels

Manufacturing Assembled by Nissan North America Manufacturing Smyrna & Decherd Tennessee Plant
Old 01-05-2004, 01:53 PM
Registered Member

good power finally, but i'm not fond of the looks
Old 08-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Future Products Nissan - - By AUTOMOTIVE NEWS - - Source: Autoweek

Frontier: The Frontier pickup receives a freshening for the 2008 model year.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:06 PM
Registered Member

Thanked 1,399 Times in 1,032 Posts
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/08/29/...es-same-price/

Nissan Frontier lives on another year with minimal changes, same low price

Starting price stays below $20,000 for the teenaged midsize pickup

There's a new 7-inch color audio display touchscreen for the base trims and expanded availability of the Cayenne Red Metallic color. And that'll do it for what's new with the 2019 Nissan Frontier, a pickup that saw its last significant update in 2005, when George W. Bush was beginning his second term in the White House and a website called YouTube was making its debut. Thanks for reading!

Even the price is holding steady from 2018, with a floor of $19,985, including destination. (Nissan boasts it's "America's most affordable pickup.") Everything else remains unchanged as well: There's the base 2.5-liter inline-four engine, making 152 horsepower and 171 pound-feet of torque, and the available 4.0-liter V6, which boasts 261 hp and 281 pound-feet of torque. The Midnight Edition package and its gloss-black grille, 18-inch black aluminum-alloy wheels and other murdered-out accoutrements carry over from 2018. And once again, there are the same choices to be made: king or crew cab, and rear- or four-wheel drive.

Last year, Nissan issued a rather cryptic announcement saying that a new generation of the Frontier would eventually launch at an unspecified date from its assembly plant in Canton, Miss., alongside five other models, so we're not sure what the discrepancy is in the meantime. A spokeswoman tells Autoblog only that the company "has offered no guidance on timing."

Meantime, Nissan managed to sell 74,360 Frontiers last year. That was down 14 percent from the pickup's banner year in 2016, but still respectable. Sales through July were actually up by nearly 2 percent from the same period in 2017, at 46,283.

Old 01-10-2019, 11:15 AM
Registered Member

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/01/09/...most-finished/

The Nissan Frontier is a dinosaur amongst midsize trucks these days. It was redesigned for the 2005 model year and gone steady since, with only minor updates here and there. Well, this dinosaur will soon be extinct as Alfonso Albaisa, Nissan senior vice president for global design, tells Autoblog a new Frontier is "almost finished."

Ivan Espinosa, Nissan's vice president of product planning, also told us "it is something we are actively working on, and will soon be coming into the market."

Nissan didn't provide us with an exact timeframe, but it appears to be closer than we previously thought.

These days it makes sense for Nissan to want a fresh face in the midsize truck segment. Manufacturers are dashing back into the segment after letting it languish for years, or in the case of the Ford Ranger, abandoning completely. SUV and truck sales are bonkers these days, making the case for a new pickup stronger than it has been in recent history.

The funny part is, however, that even with such a dated vehicle, Nissan sold 79,646 Frontiers last year — an astonishing amount. That's about 5,000 more than 2017 and nearly 30,000 more than the still-new Nissan Titan. Nissan still only sells a fraction of pickups compared to the Toyota Tacoma (245,000 in 2018) and Chevrolet Colorado (135,000 in 2018), but a new truck could easily change that. Plus, Nissan has a strong history of making little pickups that stretches back decades.

Despite confirming a new Frontier is on the way, we don't know any specifics about it. Nissan released the Navarra pickup for international markets in 2014, but as we roll into 2019, that truck is also getting old. Nissan could try and update it for the United States, much as Ford did with the Ranger, or it could build an entirely new truck to really get its hands dirty in the midsize truck segment here. Whatever it may be, a new Frontier is far closer to reality than previous thinking or rumors had us believe.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:17 AM
Registered Member

Hopefully the new Frontier isn't as as the Titan. IMO, the Titan is the worst looking full-size truck in the US. I'd take the new Silverado (now that I've seen a few on the road) over the Titan.