Mercedes-Benz: C-Class News

Old 01-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
MB's gotta stop with the giant emblems. this thing is the size of a dessert plate.

I like that 3/4 rear shot, the silhouette and flow of the car are so classy.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:53 AM
n00b

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by phile
MB's gotta stop with the giant emblems. this thing is the size of a dessert plate.

I actually like their giant emblem on the grill. I think it looks good.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:53 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
I like the giant emblem as well....
Old 01-19-2011, 10:48 AM
08 MDX with Sports

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That silver AMG looking coupe is sweet but the photos of the white one is just bad.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:02 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by phile

The oversized Mercedes emblem is fine on their sportier offerings since it's more or less part of the grill design than simply tacking on the badge.

The C Coupe has a very 3 Series coupe feel to it from the side; don't like the changes on the headlight shape.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:35 AM

Thumbs up

Old 01-28-2011, 06:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
at the wagon.

Sedan does nothing for me. meh
Old 01-28-2011, 05:41 PM

I think C63 >>>> E90 M3
Old 02-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Senior Moderator

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe set for Geneva Motor Show debut

Still puzzled as to why Mercedes-Benz killed off the CLK a couple of years ago? Puzzle no more, friend, for your answer is here. You see, the CLK was designed to slot in between the C-Class and E-Class sedan and wagon ranges, and was both preceded and succeeded by the E-Class Coupe. When Mercedes went back to the old formula, it made room for the vehicle you see here: the 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe.

The subject of many spy shots and leaked photos, the new C-Class Coupe has finally been officially revealed by the factory ahead of its official debut at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show. There, the new Benz coupe will arrive with two engine options: The Mercedes-Benz C250 coupe gets the 1.8-liter direct-injected turbo four with 201 horsepower, while the C350 coupe is equipped with the 304-horsepower, 3.5-liter V6. Both are mated exclusively to Mercedes' 7-speed automatic transmission, which drives the rear wheels. 4Matic all-wheel drive will not be offered on the C-Class coupe. (The AMG version of the coupe is tipped to come along in another month at the New York Auto Show.)

So what else separates the 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe from the sedan it's based on? Two fewer doors and a slightly lower roofline. That's about it. The C-Class coupe's wheelbase is the same, the front end is the same, the luxury touches and the cutting-edge electronic wizardry... it's all the C-Class we know, only coupier. Will that be enough to steal sales away from the likes of the BMW 3 Series coupe and Audi A5, both of which are more distinctly differentiated from their four-door compatriots? We'll find out once the two-doors hit showrooms, but for now, you can scope out the official details in the press release after the jump, along with the gallery of high-resolution images below.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:57 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 5,801 Likes on 3,722 Posts
Love that C Coupe. 304hp and RWD....
Old 02-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
i can't believe i'm saying this.. that side profile looks like accord coupe lol
Old 02-13-2011, 09:27 PM
My first Avatar....

Originally Posted by yohan81718
Yeah it does. Yet it is still a bit more sleek and stylish.
Although, the Accord coupe is by far the best looking product H/A makes. imho.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by yohan81718
saw a thread about this on the othr forum and someone over there compared it to accord too haha I can see it. I don't really like it from that angle
Old 02-13-2011, 10:01 PM
I love me some Curry...!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
I love it......... I hope AMG gets their hands on it....
Old 02-14-2011, 12:09 AM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There will be a C63 Coupe later this year I've heard.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Safety Car

Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
that window line is so bland. 100% accord. that exterior is not up to par with the price tag.

IMO, this thing is not going to look good until the window sticker exceeds 50k. AMG or exterior package almost a must.

Last edited by ThermonMermon; 02-15-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:31 AM
MechEng

Received 483 Likes on 400 Posts
accord coupe
Old 02-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Safety Car

i could envision the fate of this car in a few years: banged up with a shitty paint job, parallel parked in some tightly cramped quaters of europe or central america....just like every other C-Coupe, A, and B class.

Last edited by ThermonMermon; 02-15-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:24 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Pretty vanilla...which equals big sales.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:06 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
From the A pillar back it does scream Accord.

Rather have a 3 series coupe or A5/S5 based on looks alone.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,626 Likes on 13,878 Posts
The C-Estate is hotness, however.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Post 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe

Old 02-15-2011, 10:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Press release...

• In a class of its own: expressive, dynamic coupé design
• Drive and vigour: five powerful direct-injection engines to choose from
• Efficiency: ECO start/stop function fitted as standard
• Help at hand: numerous assistance systems available
• Experience: new generation of telematics with internet access

What more dynamic way to celebrate the invention of the automobile? The expressive C-Class Coupé sees Mercedes-Benz, now in its 125th year of corporate history, entering a new market segment and for the first time offering a compact, classic coupé. This youthful, sporty two-door car will be unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in early March and making its way to customers from June. The new model deploys the progressive technology featured on the recently launched new generation of the
C-Class to deliver an impressive coupé format that combines pure fun at the wheel with exemplary efficiency. In terms of attitude, this debuting model is tailored to a customer group aged 35 to 45 for whom professional success, love of life and a strong sense of responsibility are all important.

"By extending the C-Class portfolio, we are consciously targeting new customers," says Dr Joachim Schmidt, Head of Sales and Marketing at Mercedes-Benz Cars. "The new model is youthful, stylish and dynamic. What we are offering is an exceptionally sporty way to enter the world of the Mercedes-Benz coupé."

The design: dynamic with classic coupé proportions

From the side, the new coupé beguiles the onlooker with its compact proportions, low silhouette (41 mm flatter than the saloon) with powerful shoulders and a narrow C-pillar in a classic three-box design. Typical coupé features include the short front overhang, long bonnet, steeply raked windscreen and long, stretched out roof. The greenhouse extends far beyond the rear axle over the rear window in its flat position to a sportily short tail end.

While the wedge-shaped, sloping beltline demonstrates affinity with the C-Class, its strong upsweep into the C-pillar is an entirely distinctive element. The final part of the beltline trim moves sharply upwards to meet the roofline trim. This upsweep not only adds a sporty flourish to the way the side windows look; the shaping at the bottom of the C-pillar also enhances the powerful shoulders.

Front and rear: truly a coupé, truly C-Class

At the front, the new coupé shares the same styling as the latest C-Class and yet still has its own twist. The front view is dominated by the prominent radiator grille surround including the bumper. The centre air intake opens upwards, forming a visual base unit for the radiator grille which has the double-louvre style typical of a coupé. Two chrome louvres extend left and right either side of the central star, tapering off at the outer edges and creating a sporty, arrow-shaped horizontal sweep which gives the front end a pronounced V-shape.

This continues into the side sections which extend from beneath the headlamps and blend into the feature lines along the vehicle flanks, thereby linking the front end with the sides. The side air intakes in the bumper featuring integrated, horizontal daytime running lamps are positioned low down, giving the coupé a road-hugging appearance. The shape of the clear-lens headlamps creates a dynamic impression, and acts together with the bonnet, radiator grille and bumper trim to reinforce the pronounced front section.

From the rear, the new C-Class Coupé looks sportily short. Because the roof flows beyond the rear axle with the steeply raked rear window and fluid C-pillars, the appearance of length is reduced. A wide chamfer at the top of the boot lid, which is based on the side panel, highlights the rear's compactness. Positioning the tail lights as far apart as possible emphasises width. The particular impression of depth is achieved by a centrally located LED indicator, which appears to float in front of the red upper and lower light bands with their more deeply set LEDs. Continuous, horizontal light-catching contours in the bumper further accentuate the broad, deep-set effect. A diffuser towards the bottom of the rear bumper between the exhaust system's tailpipe trim makes the rear end look lighter and gives the vehicle a distinctively sporty and dynamic quality.

The interior: highest quality with exclusive colour accents

The dashboard instrument panel features a strong, sporty and high-quality design. Three tube rings with a galvanised finish demonstrate the car's sporty credentials to the driver. As standard, the coupé comes with the new generation of three-spoke steering wheel with its chromed central spoke that first appeared on the new CLS. The touch surfaces of the controls are finely detailed and galvanised. The stepped top of the instrument cluster also accommodates the central display and continues onto the front passenger side as a discreet light-catching contour. The central, trapezoidal air vents and the round vents on the outside are highlighted in detail by galvanised trim. The control panel of the new-generation communication and information unit has silver-coloured keys. The combination of matt keys, high-gloss areas and a new thumbwheel design underlines the high perceived value of the interior.

A large section of trim is a high-quality part of the dashboard instrument panel. This extends from the centre air vents across the front passenger side to the outer air vent, emphasising the interior's generous proportions. For the first time in automotive engineering, the trim parts are available in the style package and in a porcelain piano-lacquer look for the Edition 1 to complement the car's exclusive interior feel. Alternatively there is a choice of a black piano-lacquer look, nougatine burr walnut wood, dark aluminium or brown ash burl.

The C-Class Coupé is a fully fledged four-seater featuring four sporty, comfortable integral seats. If desired, the backrests in the rear can be folded down to make the boot larger.

The new telematics generation: enhanced ease of operation and attractive good looks

The C-Class Coupé features a new telematics generation which received its global premiere on the saloon and estate models. Major new features include greater operating convenience, larger displays, phone book transfer, display of SMS messages, wireless music reproduction via Bluetooth and a USB interface now accommodated in the centre armrest.

The multimedia system COMAND Online now provides internet access for the first time. When the car is stationary, customers are able to browse freely or surf to a Mercedes-Benz Online service whose pages load particularly rapidly and are also easy to use while on the move. The integrated services include weather information and a special destination search via Google, as well as the option of downloading a route that has been previously configured on a PC using Google Maps and sent to the car. The navigation system of COMAND Online also has added functions. New features include a 3D display with plastic city views. Also new: routes covered can be recorded and repeated later, specific personal destinations can be saved or imported via an SD card and four alternative routes can be displayed on the navigation map, one of them a particularly economical variation.

The Becker® MAP PILOT makes a low-cost navigation function, which can also be retrofitted, available for the entry-level Audio 20 CD radio. Its advantages over aftermarket solutions include integrated operation via the central controls and the Audio 20 display, a concealed location in the glove compartment and updating via an internet portal.

The drive system: plenty of performance, low fuel consumption

There is a choice of three petrol engines and two diesel powerplants to power the C-Class Coupé. All are equipped with direct injection and the ECO start/stop function as standard. All the engine variants are classed as BlueEFFICIENCY units, showing that they are particularly efficient and environmentally friendly in their use of fuel. All automatic versions feature the further-enhanced 7G‑TRONIC PLUS seven-speed automatic transmission (standard with the C 250 and C 350 petrol engines). The
C 220 CDI and C 250 CDI diesel variants and the basic C 180 petrol engine come with a six-speed manual transmission as standard.

The top engine variant is the V6 petrol engine in the C 350 BlueEFFICIENCY featuring the efficient BlueDIRECT method of injection. It delivers 225 kW (306 hp) and 370 Nm. Average fuel consumption is 6.8 litres per 100 km. The four-cylinder petrol engines have direct injection and are turbocharged, offering high performance and exemplary economy.

The most economical coupé model is the C 220 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY with manual six-speed transmission and the standard ECO start/stop function. It has an average diesel consumption of 4.4 litres per 100 km. This corresponds to 117 grams of CO2 per kilometre. The C 250 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY contents itself with a combined diesel consumption of just 4.9 litres per 100 km. This corresponds to CO2 emissions of 128 grams per kilometre.

Chassis: agile handling and a high level of comfort

The AGILITY CONTROL suspension, which is standard equipment, complements the dynamic engines to perfection. This is based on an amplitude-dependent damping system: when driving normally with low shock absorber impulses, the damping forces are automatically reduced for a noticeable improvement in road roar and tyre vibration characteristics – but without any compromise in handling safety. When shock absorber impulses are greater, for example when cornering at speed or performing evasive manoeuvres, the maximum damping forces are set and the car is effectively stabilised. The AGILITY CONTROL suspension is complemented by a rack-and-pinion steering system. Speed-sensitive steering with variable centring and a constant steering ratio is available as an option.

Precision suspension: three-link front axle, multi-link independent rear suspension

The front axle has a three-link construction with McPherson spring struts. The lower control arm consists of two separate elements which serve as torque and cross struts and are both made of aluminium. The third link in the front suspension is the tie rod which connects the transverse steering gear to the wheels. The reinforced anti-roll bar is connected to the spring strut which is likewise actively involved in directing the front wheels.

With multi-link independent rear suspension, the wheel is attached to five flexibly mounted, independently acting control arms which restrict five of the available spatial movements: owing to this intelligent control arm construction, each rear wheel basically retains freedom of movement in one plane only, namely during controlled compression and rebound.

In addition to AGILITY CONTROL suspension as standard, there is an optional extra on the coupé in the form of a 15 mm lower sports suspension with harder, shorter springs, tauter shock absorbers and stronger torsion bars. Speed-sensitive sports steering is also included.

Driver assistance systems provide warnings and intervene

With seven airbags as standard, belt tensioners and belt-force limiters for all seats, the C-Class Coupé has extensive safety features. The airbags, which can deploy in milliseconds in the event of an accident, include front airbags and sidebags for the driver and front passenger, a kneebag on the driver's side, and headbags. The side protection system – comprising headbag and thoraxbag – optimises the level of protection afforded to individual parts of the body. To protect pedestrians, the coupé has an active bonnet made of aluminium.

With a number of driving assistance systems ranging from ATTENTION ASSIST drowsiness detection to DISTRONIC PLUS proximity control, the coupé provides a comprehensive level of driver support and protection. The assistance systems are based on the latest radar, camera and sensor technology, and cover frequent accident causes such as driving too closely, fatigue and darkness.

Assistance systems – some of which only give a warning in hazardous situations, and some which actively intervene – at a glance:

• Anti-lock braking system ABS
• Adaptive Highbeam Assist
• Active Lane Keeping Assist
• Active Blind Spot Assist
• ATTENTION ASSIST
• DISTRONIC PLUS incl. BAS PLUS
• Electronic Stability Program ESP®
• Headlamp Assist
• Speed Limit Assist
• Intelligent Light Systems ILS
• PARKTRONIC with Parking Guidance
• PRE-SAFE®
• PRE-SAFE® Brake
• Lane Keeping Assist
• Blind Spot Assist

The market launch of the C-Class Coupé commences in June 2011.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:06 AM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
meh never cared for C-class
Old 02-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
I actually preferred the pre-refresh headlights. Then again, I preferred the pre-refresh headlights on the 335i as well....
Old 02-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Safety Car

so when is this hitting the dealerships?
Old 02-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Race Director

Received 623 Likes on 502 Posts
Probably the regular fall new MY season.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:20 AM
My first Avatar....

Anyone know what the C350 Coupe weighs?
Old 02-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Por Favor?

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I think the sedan is a far better looking car actually. Fairly indifferent to the refreshed headlamps and front...sure whatever.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Midnight Marauder

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts
To those who says that the side profile looks like an Accord coupe, did you actually see the front overhang? The Accord looks to have a 2 foot front overhang on it.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:09 PM
MechEng

^ i think it is the window lines and C-pillar we were referring to specifically.

and probably the color of that red one too. looks very similar to SMR (San Marino Red) i think.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
I know this is going to probably incite a riot but I'd really like to see the TG guys do a challenge with a RS5/M3/C63 Coupe ... It's just enough to be aspirational and yet relatable.

Maybe something like picking them up in Germany and going through Poland and the Ukraine?
Old 02-17-2011, 10:46 AM
MechEng

^ i would like to see that as well. it seems very possible.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Race Director

Received 623 Likes on 502 Posts
Originally Posted by charliemike
Maybe something like picking them up in Germany and going through Poland and the Ukraine?
But that's a waste land of flatness - they should head south into the Alps.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:03 PM

http://www.mercedes-benz.nl/content/...amg.flash.html

Translated from Mercedes Belgium's site.

His great strength is also clearly visible on the outside, the new C 63 AMG is both a coupe and a sport wagon. His competitive spirit is evident from the AMG front apron, AMG radiator grille with a chroomlamel, specific AMG bonnet, AMG-specific LED daytime running lights, side threshold coatings and rear apron with diffuser insert. At the same time emphasizes the AMG sports exhaust with two chromed twin oval tailpipes of the car's sporting aspirations, and he shows clearly that this Mercedes-Benz AMG drive works. The AMG light-alloy wheels betrayed driving pleasure and handling.

Overview of the exterior of the C 63 AMG

AMG front apron
AMG radiator with a plate in chrome
AMG-specific LED daytime running lights
Rempel Silk Linings
Rear apron with diffuser insert
AMG sports exhaust with two chromed twin tailpipes
AMG alloy wheels
AMG logo

Interior

On the outside muscled, with sophisticated interior design: the interior of the new C 63 AMG Coupe shows that according to a meticulously thought-out concept was designed. On opening the doors clear from the AMG door sills that this is a very special car. The passengers sit in AMG sports seats, they are the combination of ARTICO imitation leather / fabric or optional designo leather (one or two tone) coated. The driver sits on the AMG sports steering wheel with aluminum shift paddles. Ergonomic in his vision: the AMG instrument cluster.

Overview of the interior of the C 63 AMG

AMG door sills
AMG sports seats
AMG performance steering wheel in nappa leather on the top and bottom flattened, with aluminum gearshift paddles
AMG instrument, including AMG race timer and start screen
Faux leather upholstery in the combination ARTICO / fabric or optional designo leather (one or two tone)
Electronic rotary switch for selecting the four driving modes and the Race Start function

Technology

Performance in Drang C 63 AMG naturally. The coupe accelerates in 4.5 seconds from a standstill to 100 km / h and yet consumes no more than 12 liters of fuel per 100 kilometers. That's because the first in the C-Class AMG SPEEDSHIFT mounted 7-speed sports transmission with race-start function. A high power the AMG atmospheric 6.3 liters V8 engine with a maximum of 336 kW. In combination with the optional performance package, the ability even to 358 kW can be increased. In the basic version, the C 63 AMG Coupé accelerates in 4.5 seconds from 0 to 100 km / h and he with a maximum torque of 600 Nm driven. Precise and extremely fast switching, the AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 7-speed sports automatic transmission with race-start function. He refines the Coupé to an exceptional sports car.

Overview of technology from the 63 AMG.

Atmospheric 6.3 liters V8 AMG engine.
336 kW max output
Acceleration time of 4.5 seconds 0 to 100 km / h
600 Nm max torque
AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT sports transmission with race-start function

Last edited by ghttf; 03-19-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:05 PM
I shoot people

Received 2,777 Likes on 1,406 Posts
^^^that's hot
Old 03-19-2011, 04:45 PM
_____ like a rabbit

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Holy crap! thats almost 460hp!!
Old 03-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Por Favor?

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I'd still rather have a CLK63 Black Series.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:57 PM
Senior Moderator

So the C63 isnt any wider than the c-class? boooooooo
Old 03-19-2011, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Crazy Acura
So the C63 isnt any wider than the c-class? boooooooo
Mercedes is aiming to outgun BMW’s M3 coupé and the Audi RS5 with this hardcore AMG version of its recently launched two-door C-class.
The C63 AMG coupé produces up to 480bhp from its normally aspirated V8 motor, putting it well clear of its two German rivals and giving the model raw acceleration that wouldn’t disgrace a mid-engined supercar.

Unlike the recent CLS AMG, the C-class coupé from Mercedes’ in-house tuning division sticks with the familiar 6.2-litre, normally aspirated V8 engine. In the latest spec, the unit produces 451bhp and 443lb ft, more power and considerably more torque than the BMW (295lb ft) or the Audi (317lb ft). That’s enough to take the C-class from 0-62mph in 4.5sec, with a limited top speed of 155mph.

However, Mercedes will also offer an AMG Performance Package for the car, swapping the front brakes for composite items, adding interior flourishes and adopting the pistons, connecting rods and crankshaft from the version of the engine used in the gullwing SLS AMG supercar. The tweaks increase power to 480bhp (torque stays the same), cutting a further 0.1sec from the 0-62mph time.

Just one transmission is available: AMG’s seven-speed Speedshift automatic. It offers a number of modes, accessed via a rotary controller (another SLS AMG carryover), that cut shift times to as little as 100ms. There’s also launch control.

The C63 AMG coupé gets a different chassis set-up from the regular two-doors, with three-link front suspension, multi-link rear suspension and wider track at both ends. There’s also more negative camber, thicker anti-roll bars and revised spring and damper rates.

The visual cues include an AMG front splitter, LED daytime running lights, side air vents, five-spoke AMG alloy wheels, bespoke side sill panels, a rear diffuser and twin chrome exhaust tips.

Interior features include an AMG performance steering wheel (coated in Alcantara if you specify the Performance Package), metallic trim, AMG sports seats, covered with a new breathable man-made fibre called Dinamica, and piano black finish on the instrument panel.

The C63 AMG coupé will be officially launched in July, around a month after the regular two-doors. Final prices have yet to be specified, but expect them to be around the same figure as the M3 coupé’s £57,190 sticker.

M3 drivers have no friends

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mercedes-Benz: C-Class News